The catholic church: answering common objections

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 231 total)
  • Author
    Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 31 2009,15:01)
    Hi CA,
    So you claim to follow Cephas?
    1Cor3

Yes, Nick tell me about it. I have to shake my Head in unblief.
    Irene

Cindy
    Participant

The woman in Rev. 12 is the Church and not Mary. It sure looks like that the Holy Spirit reveals things to the person, who was Baptized according to Scripture, and not sprinkled like in the Catholic Church.
    Irene

Quote (Cindy @ Aug. 31 2009,16:35)
    The woman in Rev. 12 is the Church and not Mary.  It sure looks like that the Holy Spirit reveals things to the person, who was Baptized according to Scripture, and not sprinkled like in the Catholic Church.  
    Irene

For the first time I'm tempted to doubt your story of once having been Catholic. (I still believe you, though…call me crazy)

Here's the reason. We don't “sprinkle” babies. That's a protestant thing.

If the woman in Rev. 12 is just the Church and not Mary then you have a HUGE problem: When did the “church” give birth to the “man child” (Jesus Christ)?

Cindy, I DO think that you are willingly ignorant.

Shame on you!

Quote (Cindy @ Aug. 31 2009,15:23)
    You know what makes me think twice before I belief in anything, is that the Bible tells us to prove all things

1 Thees. 5:21  

How so many Catholics can still belief that Mary even stayed a Virgin is unbelievable to me,  When we belonged we never read the Bible.  
    But when we did, and seen all things that were wrong with it, we left the Church.

Proven the trinity you can't, and I don't understand how you still want to keep it.
    What do you think that verse in
    Math. 1:25 means?  He did not know Her until She brought forth Jesus.  Come on!!!!!  

And then we have
    Mark 3:31-35  
    I heard Catholics say that it is that Jesus thought that ALL were His Brothers and Sisters.  If He did not have real Brothers and Sisters, He would not have to say that to the Multitude of people standing outside.

But to me it is how Catholics think of the Pope being their Heavenly Father Here on Earth.  We only have ONE Heavenly FATHER and He is in Heaven and Nobody except those that are in Heaven have seen Him.

To all who you read this, don't influenced by the Catholic here on this site.  
    Peace and Love Irene

I already dealt with this. Joseph did not know her “until”. This does not necessitate him knowing her “after.” The text ONLY gives us the information that Joseph did not have relations with Mary during the time before the birth of Jesus. Scripture is silent regarding anything after.

So you have NO argument there. This is just asinine.

Also…IF you really were a Catholic, you wouldn't say that we think that the pope is our “heavenly father” on earth. This is so far from the Catholic mindset it is silly.

So either you didn't know your faith AT ALL and were easy prey to some pretty sly wolves….or you were never really Catholic. Because you sound absolutely ridiculous. I can't see how any Catholic would ever take you seriously because you seem to not even be familiar with Catholic beliefs.

karmarie
    Participant

(Holy Father Irene) ,same thing though, Im sure CA knows what you mean!

Do not call any man your Father for you have one father in heaven.

This doesnt obviously mean our dads, this would mean calling anyone who is a spiritual leader “father” Jesus must of known what was to come.

Blessings

karmarie
    Participant
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    You have a human head of your human church.
    The Body of Christ is led by Jesus and his teachings are not superceded by tradition.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

CA………..I know that Catholics don't believe the Pope is GOD, but they do call him Holy Father, which is a name reserved for GOD the FATHER HIMSELF ONLY, you can't deny that. They even call their priests Fathers. They also swear allegiance to the VATICAN and its pope. They also pray to Mary and to different Saints too. Jesus told us to pray directly to GOD the FATHER and no one else. GOD himself said YOU shall have (NO) other GOD besides ME, not two or three triune anythings. Just (ONE) GOD ONLY. Your deniel of these things show the depth of you delusions. IMO

gene

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Aug. 31 2009,17:46)

The woman in Rev. 12 is the Church and not Mary.  It sure looks like that the Holy Spirit reveals things to the person, who was Baptized according to Scripture, and not sprinkled like in the Catholic Church.  
    Irene

For the first time I'm tempted to doubt your story of once having been Catholic.  (I still believe you, though…call me crazy)  

Here's the reason.  We don't “sprinkle” babies.  That's a protestant thing.

If the woman in Rev. 12 is just the Church and not Mary then you have a HUGE problem:  When did the “church” give birth to the “man child” (Jesus Christ)?

Shame on you!

My Husband and I were in the Catholic Church all of our Lives until my Husband was 47 and I was 46.  All of our 4 Children were Baptized there and two of our Sons went to Catholic  School.  You are calling me a liar”  Think again.  I know all about the Church.  If they changed about Baptism by submerging in Water, that changed then, after we left in 1984.  To bad that my Catholic friend is dead who was a Priest, I would ask Him.  So I called the Parish were we attended Church before,   here in our City, it is not a normal practice to Baptize according to Scripture.  So You owe me an apology, Mister.  I do not lie, I am a Christian and so is my Husband.  And we do not lie, Mister. Calling People names is not aloud on this Forum.
    Irene

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ Aug. 31 2009,21:49)
    (Holy Father Irene) ,same thing though, Im sure CA knows what you mean!

Do not call any man your Father for you have one father in heaven.

This doesnt obviously mean our dads, this would mean calling anyone who is a spiritual leader “father” Jesus must of known what was to come.

Blessings

For your information the Catholic Church calls all Priest Father, and the Pope is called the Holy Father here on earth.  A practise that is an abomination to God.  Let me tell you also, I was called short of being a liar, by that Catholic.  I just called the Parish we used to go to, their practise is the same as beforee about Baptism, unless the Parents of the Baby to be Baptised ask submerging, but again it is not a normal practise of the Church,  
    Irene

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Aug. 31 2009,17:53)
    Also…IF you really were a Catholic, you wouldn't say that we think that the pope is our “heavenly father” on earth.  This is so far from the Catholic mindset it is silly.

So either you didn't know your faith AT ALL and were easy prey to some pretty sly wolves….or you were never really Catholic.  Because you sound absolutely ridiculous.  I can't see how any Catholic would ever take you seriously because you seem to not even be familiar with Catholic beliefs.

No friend you are the one who doesn't know about the Catholic Faith,  My Mind is just right.  I called The Parish were we attended, how long have you been Catholic?  I know exactly what they do.  I used to teach our Children and if I made a mistake about anything, I was told by the Priest.  Let me recall, I was a Song Leader, I did Solo's.  I started a Woman Organization and was the Present.  I was a Treasure at the Kolpling Organization, a Catholic one.  We had our own Mass on certain Sundays, with Breakfast afterward.  I knew that Church inside out.  You want to know anything else?  My Catholic Priest who was a friend, and died 1 year ago,  You still belief otherwise.  You are not wise to say what you don't know for sure. I checked and I said Holy Father, and not Heavenly Father.  Never the less, nobody should call another Father, except our Dads.
    Irene

david
    Participant

Here's the reason. We don't “sprinkle” babies. That's a protestant thing.

Whether sprinkled or the priest takes a few handfulls of water and pours it, this is not “baptism.”

david
    Participant

I already dealt with this. Joseph did not know her “until”. This does not necessitate him knowing her “after.” The text ONLY gives us the information that Joseph did not have relations with Mary during the time before the birth of Jesus. Scripture is silent regarding anything after.

So you have NO argument there. This is just asinine.

Mary did not have intercourse “until” after she gave birth to Jesus.

That sure sounds like she did have intercourse.
    If she didn't, why include that word “until.” Why not just say she didn't have intercourse, or she never had intercourse. Why instead say: She didn't have intercourse until…

Participant

Hi CA:

You say:

1.  If Mary is not your mother, then you are not a disciple of Jesus Christ (See Rev. 12).  For she, as the second Eve, is the mother of all the living (those who shall inherit eternal life).

This is what the scripture states:

Gen 3:20 And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.  

Where is the scripture which states that Mary is the second Eve, and that I have to believe that she is my mother in order to be a disciple of the Lord Jesus?

The scripture states:

Jhn 3:16   For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.  
    Jhn 3:17   For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.  
    Jhn 3:18   He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.  

And I have a personal relationship with God my Father through my Lord Jesus, and so, I believe my Father over any statement that you or Catholic tradition may say to the contrary.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (david @ Sep. 01 2009,07:16)

Whether sprinkled or the priest takes a few handfulls of water and pours it, this is not “baptism.”

David!People like that guy makes me sick, to call me ignorant, don't now about the Catholics.  I called the Pope Heavenly Father, when I called Him Holy Father which He is not,I am silly,  and Shame on me.  I am beginning to think that He is getting scared of me and wants to make me feel bad, so He looks better.  Sprinkling is a Protestant thing.  No ,it is they that are the ones who started all.  He does not also believe that the Church killed and persecuted people that owned a Bible.  All you have to do google and it says plenty.
    Irene

NickHassan
    Participant

Irene

For the first time I'm tempted to doubt your story of once having been Catholic.  (I still believe you, though…call me crazy)  

If the woman in Rev. 12 is just the Church and not Mary then you have a HUGE problem:  When did the “church” give birth to the “man child” (Jesus Christ)?

Shame on you!

Hi CA,
    The woman who gave birth to Jesus is Israel.

The stars refer to the twelve tribes of Israel as with the dream of Joseph.

karmarie
    Participant

Holy Father and Heavenly Father are titles only for our Father above, theyre both the same thing, why would we want to bow down to a man and call him that? Hmmm I know I wouldnt!

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 01 2009,10:24)

Irene

Shame on you!

Hi CA,
    The woman who gave birth to Jesus is Israel.

The stars refer to the twelve tribes of Israel as with the dream of Joseph.

Nick! Again some get away with calling others just anything, while I had to endure because of my Husband. If that Catholic does this again, I will call him something too, will I get a tile??????? He is the one that ignores Scriptures and thinks that Mary stayed a Virgin. And they pray tp her. What is He? Have you not firured that out yet? Kejonn was not aloud to post no more, yet this guy is worse then He was.
    Irene

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ Sep. 01 2009,10:47)
    Holy Father and Heavenly Father are titles only for our Father above, theyre both the same thing, why would we want to bow down to a man and call him that? Hmmm I know I wouldnt!

Not only that they kiss his ring and hand and bow their head ti him. Abomination to God.
    Irene

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 231 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account