The catholic church: answering common objections

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 221 through 231 (of 231 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Oct. 06 2009,13:32)

Quote (942767 @ Oct. 06 2009,09:46)

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Oct. 03 2009,18:42)

Quote (942767 @ Oct. 03 2009,13:19)

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Oct. 02 2009,17:12)

Quote (942767 @ Oct. 01 2009,12:48)
    Hi CA:

You say:

You haven't proved that only what is in the written word is true and that there is no oral traditions outside of the written text bound on the NT people of God.  I have proved to the contrary.  (see 2 Thess. 2:15)

Show me what doctrines that the Catholic church considers dogma have been received through oral tradition?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

I don't think you're quite getting it.  We don't parse out and say “This doctrine came from oral tradition…and this one over here came from written tradition.”  It doesn't work that way.  Oral and Written Tradition are one.  You can't separate them without doing irreparable damage.  You also need the consistent voice of the living teaching authority of the Church.  (“whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven”)

Hi CA:

But again, if it is coming from God whether it be through oral tradition or by what has been written and is considered as Canon by the church, it must be line upon line and precept upon precept.

And many of the doctrines of the Catholic church can be refuted by what is written.

God does not speak out of both sides of his mouth.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Again, you don't have one tiny piece of “what is written” that you can verify as being inspired and canonical.  On what do you lean?  “I prayed and Jesus told me so”?

Come on.

Hi CA:

I have the bible, and the following instruction from my God:

Jam 1:5   If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all [men] liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.  
    Jam 1:6   But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.  
    Jam 1:7   For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.  

Maybe you should try asking God if the doctrines of the Catholic church are correct.  He says if any man lack wisdom, let him ask.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Did.  Answer: Yes.  But I do not lean solely on this.  

There are plenty of Mormons who have told me that they prayed and God told them that Joseph Smith was a true prophet and the Mormon church was true.  

Do you take their word for it?

Hi CA:

The doctrines of the Mormons and the doctrines of the Catholic church, as well, can be refuted by what is written in the bible.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

georg
    Participant

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Oct. 03 2009,07:26)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 03 2009,06:40)

Hi CA:

You say:

You haven't proved that only what is in the written word is true and that there is no oral traditions outside of the written text bound on the NT people of God.  I have proved to the contrary.  (see 2 Thess. 2:15)

Show me what doctrines that the Catholic church considers dogma have been received through oral tradition?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

I don't think you're quite getting it.  We don't parse out and say “This doctrine came from oral tradition…and this one over here came from written tradition.”  It doesn't work that way.  Oral and Written Tradition are one.  You can't separate them without doing irreparable damage.  You also need the consistent voice of the living teaching authority of the Church.  (“whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven”)

Hi CA,
    Your foolish traditions are not one with scripture.

The vagaries of men's minds do not align with the sacred words of God at all.

Presumptuous they are…self willed…not afraid to speak evil of dignities

:D :D :D :D

Quote (942767 @ Oct. 06 2009,15:52)

Hi CA:

You say:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi CA:

But again, if it is coming from God whether it be through oral tradition or by what has been written and is considered as Canon by the church, it must be line upon line and precept upon precept.

And many of the doctrines of the Catholic church can be refuted by what is written.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Again, you don't have one tiny piece of “what is written” that you can verify as being inspired and canonical.  On what do you lean?  “I prayed and Jesus told me so”?

Come on.

Hi CA:

Jam 1:5   If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all [men] liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.  
    Jam 1:6   But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.  
    Jam 1:7   For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.  

Maybe you should try asking God if the doctrines of the Catholic church are correct.  He says if any man lack wisdom, let him ask.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

There are plenty of Mormons who have told me that they prayed and God told them that Joseph Smith was a true prophet and the Mormon church was true.  

Hi CA:

The doctrines of the Mormons and the doctrines of the Catholic church, as well, can be refuted by what is written in the bible.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

WeeeeeoooWeeeeeeeeoooooooooWeeeeeeeeeeooooooWeeeeee….

Just riding Marty's circular logic merry-go-round there.

So you prove the authority of the Scriptures by praying about it. But when the Mormon's pray about it, you try to refute them by using the Scriptures apart from praying about it….

So you use the Mormon method when it gives you the result you want.

But when the Mormon's use the same method and get a result you don't want, you switch methods.

:O

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    You have abandoned personal responsibility yet feel free to judge an honest searcher?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………Ya so when they are called to judgement of what they taught and preached , they can alway say, well thats what the popes and Church “traditions” told us to preach and teach we were just following these blind guides, so it really was not our fault, Not understanding that those who participate in the crime are as responsible also for the crime.

gene

Quote (Gene @ Oct. 07 2009,03:34)
    Nick………Ya  so when they are called to judgement of what they taught and preached , they can alway say, well thats what the popes and Church “traditions” told us to preach and teach we were just following these blind guides, so it really was not our fault, Not understanding that those who participate in the crime are as responsible also for the crime.

gene

What will the Master do to those who call preaching the gospel a crime?

May God have mercy on your soul.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    You preach your traditions and only offer scripture to the extent that it does not oppose them.
    Wake up.

Participant

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Oct. 06 2009,17:31)

Hi CA:

You say:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi CA:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Come on.

Hi CA:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi CA:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

So you prove the authority of the Scriptures by praying about it.  But when the Mormon's pray about it, you try to refute them by using the Scriptures apart from praying about it….

But when the Mormon's use the same method and get a result you don't want, you switch methods.

Hi CA:

The scriptures state:

Jhn 3:5   Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and [of] the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.  
    Jhn 3:3   Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.  

Mormons believe that all humanity were spirit sons and daughters of God prior to our humanity.  Jesus and Lucifer also were spirit sons and each had his plan for salvation, Jesus won and Lucifer rebelled.

Catholics believe that God has a mother, and they believe that God exists in three distinct persons that are co-equal and co-eternal.

And so, I don't even have to pray about this nonsense.  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Quote (942767 @ Oct. 08 2009,10:16)

Hi CA:

You say:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi CA:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Come on.

Hi CA:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi CA:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

So you prove the authority of the Scriptures by praying about it.  But when the Mormon's pray about it, you try to refute them by using the Scriptures apart from praying about it….

Hi CA:

The scriptures state:

Jhn 3:5   Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and [of] the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.  
    Jhn 3:3   Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.  

Mormons believe that all humanity were spirit sons and daughters of God prior to our humanity.  Jesus and Lucifer also spirit sons and each had his plan for salvation, Jesus won and Lucifer rebelled.

Catholics believe that God has a mother, and they believe that exists in three distinct persons that are co-equal and co-eternal.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

That seeing they should not see…

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    We can see the catholic church and her misdemeanours plain as day.
    Wake up.

Participant

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Oct. 08 2009,10:26)

Quote (942767 @ Oct. 08 2009,10:16)

Hi CA:

You say:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi CA:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Come on.

Hi CA:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi CA:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi CA:

The scriptures state:

Mormons believe that all humanity were spirit sons and daughters of God prior to our humanity.  Jesus and Lucifer also spirit sons and each had his plan for salvation, Jesus won and Lucifer rebelled.

Catholics believe that God has a mother, and they believe that exists in three distinct persons that are co-equal and co-eternal.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

That seeing they should not see…

Hi CA:

That seeing, they did see.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Viewing 11 posts - 221 through 231 (of 231 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account