The catholic church: answering common objections

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 231 total)
  • Author

I double dog dare you to listen to this five part series IN ORDER entitled Answering Common Objections by former anti-Catholic Dr. Scott Hahn.

http://www.fisheaters.com/hahnapologetics.html

Please do not post on this thread unless you have listened to at least one of the audios in their entirety (all of the parts of that message)

I am really looking forward to this.

God be in your hearts and minds as you listen!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    Why read justifications for the existance of a human organisation?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Aug. 24 2009,15:17)
    I double dog dare you to listen to this five part series IN ORDER entitled Answering Common Objections by former anti-Catholic Dr. Scott Hahn.

Please do not post on this thread unless you have listened to at least one of the audios in their entirety (all of the parts of that message)

I have listened and it calls the pope the Universal Teacher,

Do you agree?

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 24 2009,15:43)
    Hi CA,
    Why read justifications for the existance of a human organisation?

You don't read it…You listen to it, buddy.

I guess I don't expect someone who is not a truth seeker to listen to it. You already have everything figured out, right? Don't confuse you with the facts, eh?

I see.

Quote (bodhitharta @ Aug. 24 2009,15:56)

Do you agree?

Did you listen to the whole thing?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    Does your seeking for truth lead to men who have been responsible for torture and murder for their religion?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    You should not be frightened to read the scriptures as God can teach you from them without human interpreters.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 24 2009,16:46)
    Hi CA,
    You should not be frightened to read the scriptures as God can teach you from them without human interpreters.

So that's how it is, eh? Sola Nick! Do you have the correct interpretation of the Scriptures figured out on every issue on your own? If not, why don't you pray harder. According to your logic, “What's wrong with you if you can't hear the Holy Spirit perfectly?”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    Ignorance comes from failure to love and learn from scripture[Jn17.17]
    Fear is no excuse for hiding behind the robes of mere men.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

CA……….According to your logic the only one who has the truth is the POPE right, The rest are just blind bats doing what He says after all He is the closest to GOD right. How pathetic it must to be a tool of a MAN , without any understanding of what is written in scriptures.  WE are suppose to serve GOD (NOT) MAN .  Any one with any knowledge of the History of the CATHOLIC Church  and the Protestant Churches, and cant see all the violence and blood shed committed by both of them even in our modern time is totally blind to any truth of GOD. And hardly worth taking any of our time to listen to. IMO

peace and love……………..gene

Quote (Gene @ Aug. 24 2009,17:11)
    CA……….According to your logic the only one who has the truth is the POPE right, The rest are just blind bats doing what He says after all He is the closest to GOD right. How pathetic it must to be a tool of a MAN , without any understanding of what is written in scriptures.  WE are suppose to serve GOD (NOT) MAN .  Any one with any knowledge of the History of the CATHOLIC Church  and the Protestant Churches, and cant see all the violence and blood shed committed by both of them even in our modern time is totally blind to any truth of GOD. And hardly worth taking any of our time  to listen to. IMO

peace and love……………..gene

Wrong. You didn't listen to the recordings because you're scared stiff of being wrong.

Neither me, not Dr. Hahn ever said that the one who has the truth is the pope.

What are you so afraid of? What's the big deal? Can't you be disagreed with?

I for one am extremely comfortable with you disagreeing with me. I'd sure like you to listen to the whole thing.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

CA………..trust Me i am (NOT) one ounce “AFRAID” of what YOU or DR. Hahn says . Post your scriptures for (your proof) not what some other person thinks or says . My Faith is based of what (I) Know about what scripture has nothing to do with anyone else's interpretation, I happen to believe GOD is VERY Capable of revealing His truth to me at any time He so choses to, without anyone else's help . If you don't believe the Pope has the truth then you must not be Catholic because they believe he is infallible they even bow down to him and kiss his feet and hands. They call him the “HOLY FATHER”. If you not a Catholic then why use that name?

peace and love…………………gene

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Aug. 24 2009,16:25)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Aug. 24 2009,15:56)

Do you agree?

No, But is the Pope the Universal Teacher?

david
    Participant

It sounds long. Do you have it in written form? I'm a much faster reader than listener.

david
    Participant

Here is a common objection that I would like to discuss.

Jesus told his disciples to return their swords to their place.  He said to “love your enemies.”

The Belgian newspaper La Dernière Heure relates that during the war Roman Catholic Cardinal Amette of Paris said this to the French soldiers:

“My brothers, comrades of the French army and of their glorious allies, the Almighty God is on our side. . . . God is near to our brave soldiers in battle, he gives them strength and fortifies them against the enemy. . . . God will give us the victory.”

At the same time, on the other side, the Catholic archbishop of Cologne, Germany, said to German soldiers:

“God is with us in this fight for righteousness . . . We command you in the name of God, to fight to the last drop of your blood for the honor and glory of the country. . . . God knows that we are on the side of righteousness and he will give us the victory.”
    (La Dernière Heure, January 7, 1967)

You can just feel the love oozing off the pages of history.

My question is a simple one:

Which side was God on?–The Catholic side or the Catholic side?  Or was he on neither side?

I guess another question:  Does God fight against himself?  If a kingdom is divided, will it stand?

Quote (Gene @ Aug. 24 2009,17:59)
    CA………..trust Me i am (NOT) one ounce “AFRAID”  of what YOU or DR. Hahn says . Post your scriptures for (your proof) not what some other person thinks or says . My Faith is based of what (I) Know about what scripture has nothing to do with anyone else's interpretation, I happen to believe GOD is VERY Capable of revealing His truth to me at any time He so choses to, without anyone else's help .  If you don't believe the Pope has the truth then you must not be Catholic because they believe he is infallible they even bow down to him and kiss his feet and hands. They call him the “HOLY FATHER”. If you not a Catholic then why use that name?

peace and love…………………gene

My Faith is based of what (I) Know about what scripture has nothing to do with anyone else's interpretation, I happen to believe GOD is VERY Capable of revealing His truth to me at any time He so choses to, without anyone else's help .

Ahh…Sola Gene, eh? You are your own arbiter of what is right and wrong? You can hear God clearly 100% of the time? You have a complete understanding of the Christian revelation apart from anyone else?

Come on, be honest. It doesn't work like that for anyone. You may wish it did. But that doesn't make it so.

Quote (david @ Aug. 24 2009,18:02)

It sounds long.  Do you have it in written form?  I'm a much faster reader than listener.

I did some looking. I can't seem to find it for you in written form. I really encourage you to give at least one whole topic a listen. You could listen in the car or on an ipod. It really would be worth your time.

Quote (david @ Aug. 25 2009,18:41)
    Here is a common objection that I would like to discuss.

Jesus told his disciples to return their swords to their place.  He said to “love your enemies.”

The Belgian newspaper La Dernière Heure relates that during the war Roman Catholic Cardinal Amette of Paris said this to the French soldiers:

“My brothers, comrades of the French army and of their glorious allies, the Almighty God is on our side. . . . God is near to our brave soldiers in battle, he gives them strength and fortifies them against the enemy. . . . God will give us the victory.”

At the same time, on the other side, the Catholic archbishop of Cologne, Germany, said to German soldiers:

“God is with us in this fight for righteousness . . . We command you in the name of God, to fight to the last drop of your blood for the honor and glory of the country. . . . God knows that we are on the side of righteousness and he will give us the victory.”
    (La Dernière Heure, January 7, 1967)

You can just feel the love oozing off the pages of history.

My question is a simple one:

Which side was God on?–The Catholic side or the Catholic side?  Or was he on neither side?

I guess another question:  Does God fight against himself?  If a kingdom is divided, will it stand?

I'll post something in the violence thread for you.

Look forward to your impressions of “Answering Common Objections” though.

Cindy
    Participant

Catholic Apologist   My Husband and I are from Germany and were all our lives in the Catholic Church til my Husband were 47 and I was 46.  I don't know how old you are and if you remember that at that time all was written in Latin.  We never read the Bible.  Until God called us out that Church.  I found it rather ironic when we called our Parish Priest and asked him question.  He told my Husband God is calling you.  He knew something.  

First it was the Roman Catholic Church that after almost three Century of brutal persecution, that if you owned a Bible you were tortured and killed.  Millions lost their lives.

Praying to the Virgin Mary is Idolatry.  She never stayed a Virgin either and had other Children.
    You worship the Pope more then our Heavenly Father.  Their is only one Holy Father and that is Jehovah God.  And then the trinity Doctrine is a man made doctrine and the first Christians never taught it.

Also Jesus is the perfect Sacrifice, we do not have to bring that up in the Mass no more. It too is a Abomination to God.  

Do I have prove that their is no trinity?  Yes.
    It was Quintus Septimus Florence Tertullian who first instituted that doctrine.  It is a man made doctrine, not of God.  
    God is not 3in1.  All are not equal either,  The Holy Spirit is the Father Spirit.

Ephesians 4:6 one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through us all, and in us all.

By Jesus own words in
    John 14:28  …..for my Father is greater then I.

The one mostly which I find so wrong is that you go to the Priest and ask for the forgiveness of your sins.  Nobody other then our Heavenly Father can forgive your sins.
    Jess Christ died  for us so that we have a perfect Sacrifice and He is our Mediator to go to the Father and ask for forgiveness of our sins. No other Sacrifice is needed.  No penalty. No rosary. No 20 Our Fathers. O how I remember.  I am forever thankful to God that He called us out of that Church. And I do not listen to nonsense.
    Irene

Quote (Cindy @ Aug. 25 2009,20:19)
    Catholic Apologist   My Husband and I are from Germany and were all our lives in the Catholic Church til my Husband were 47 and I was 46.  I don't know how old you are and if you remember that at that time all was written in Latin.  We never read the Bible.  Until God called us out that Church.  I found it rather ironic when we called our Parish Priest and asked him question.  He told my Husband God is calling you.  He knew something.  

First it was the Roman Catholic Church that after almost three Century of brutal persecution, that if you owned a Bible you were tortured and killed.  Millions lost their lives.

Praying to the Virgin Mary is Idolatry.  She never stayed a Virgin either and had other Children.
    You worship the Pope more then our Heavenly Father.  Their is only one Holy Father and that is Jehovah God.  And then the trinity Doctrine is a man made doctrine and the first Christians never taught it.

Also Jesus is the perfect Sacrifice, we do not have to bring that up in the Mass no more. It too is a Abomination to God.  

Do I have prove that their is no trinity?  Yes.
    It was Quintus Septimus Florence Tertullian who first instituted that doctrine.  It is a man made doctrine, not of God.  
    God is not 3in1.  All are not equal either,  The Holy Spirit is the Father Spirit.

Ephesians 4:6 one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through us all, and in us all.

By Jesus own words in
    John 14:28  …..for my Father is greater then I.

The one mostly which I find so wrong is that you go to the Priest and ask for the forgiveness of your sins.  Nobody other then our Heavenly Father can forgive your sins.
    Jess Christ died  for us so that we have a perfect Sacrifice and He is our Mediator to go to the Father and ask for forgiveness of our sins. No other Sacrifice is needed.  No penalty. No rosary. No 20 Our Fathers. O how I remember.  I am forever thankful to God that He called us out of that Church. And I do not listen to nonsense.
    Irene

He told my Husband God is calling you.

Why would you take any stock in what a priest told you since you think they are lying, deceiving tools of the devil?

if you owned a Bible you were tortured and killed. Millions lost their lives.

Come on, you know this is patently false. The Church only destroyed corrupted TRANSLATIONS. The Church was the first to translate the Scriptures into German, English, you name it! That is irrefutable fact.

I don't know who's lies you've been hearing from the pulpit. But you need to do some thinking for yourself.

Research. Study for yourself. History backs us up.

You have to read some disgruntled nut to come up with the crazy version of history that never happened. Anyone could disingenuously string together a clipping from over here and a sentence from over there to construe any history they pleased.

They do this much in the same way that some US professors try to teach their pupils that America was founded by Agnostics and Atheists.

As to your Tertullian claim, let me ask you this: Have you EVER read the ante-Nicene fathers for yourself? Or are you going on hear-say?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 231 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account