The arian dissenters

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 658 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Jan. 12 2010,06:38)
    In order to stop others from posting, you need to actually set up a debate in the debates forum in Believers Area.

Otherwise all are free to post in any topic outside of that forum if they have posting rights.

Sorry, I can only guarantee it if you post it in the Debates Forum:
    https://heavennet.net/cgi-bin….SF;f=22

Anyone is free to post in this current topic.

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 12 2010,04:05)

Quote (Gene @ Jan. 11 2010,11:37)
    WJ……….You know as well as we an image is only a reflection of the original but never is it the original. go look in a mirror and is that image you see in the mirror you , are you in it ,or being reflected by it. GOD said He made Man in his image so using your logic i Guess we are all GOD'S to, right?. So how come you TRINITARIANS JUST LIMIT IT TO THREE, seeing we are in his image to?

Jesus is not a mere reflection!

Jesus is “The Image of the invisble God”.

Are you “THE” image of the invisible God?

We share in his image but we are not “the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being” Heb 1:3

We are a reflection of Jesus, the visible image of God!

Isn't it Jesus that we are becoming like?

That should tell you something Gene. We are supposed to share in the divine nature of God, yet Jesus is who we are to be like!

WJ

Hi brother WJ,
    You are right we can not become another Jesus. Do we? Like the same way Jesus can not be another God but was made in the image of the one and only God. Is it Ok?
    Here we see God and Jesus are two different beings as we and Jesus are different.

peace to you
    Adam

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 12 2010,03:56)

WJ……….You know as well as we an image is only a reflection of the original but never is it the original. go look in a mirror and is that image you see in the mirror you , are you in it ,or being reflected by it. GOD said He made Man in his image so using your logic i Guess we are all GOD'S to, right?. So how come you TRINITARIANS JUST LIMIT IT TO THREE, seeing we are in his image to?

Gene

What are you saying, that God cannot make himself visible?

If he makes himself visible then you are seeing his image, or you are seeing God!

Hello!

WJ

WJ……….Your argument is with scripture not Me , it plainly say (WE) are made in the (IMAGE) of GOD. Now then your proceed to qualify that to meet your Trinitarian dogmas, But facts are we are told that we can come to the (FULL MEASURE) of Christ. So you separating attempts of Jesus and our indemnity with him is false . GOD did not take a GOD and Perfect HIM, He took and ordinary man and taught him obedience and to submit to his WILL, and raised a ordinary human being up from the Grave and gave him eternal life. Jesus is and was always one of US, not some preexisting GOD or demigod or super angle of any kind.  IMO

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Jan. 13 2010,02:38)

Gene

If he makes himself visible then you are seeing his image, or you are seeing God!

Hello!

WJ

WJ……….Your argument is with scripture not Me , it plainly say (WE) are made in the (IMAGE) of GOD. Now then your proceed to qualify that to meet your Trinitarian dogmas, But facts are we are told that we can come to the (FULL MEASURE) of Christ. So you separating attempts of Jesus and our indemnity with him is false . GOD did not take a GOD and Perfect HIM, He took and ordinary man and taught him obedience and to submit to his WILL, and raised a ordinary human being up from the Grave and gave him eternal life. Jesus is and was always one of US, not some preexisting GOD or demigod or super angle of any kind.  IMO

TO ALL:

There it is! When pushed in a corner Gene will say that Jesus is Lord. Gene only gives lip service. He always comes back to denying it by saying that Jesus is just like us.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

hi TT,
    Raise your sights above petty human battles and let the truth of God reach your heart.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Gene

Hello!

WJ

Gene,

You err as usual. The Greek word for “image” in Hebrews 1:3 is “charakter” from which we get our word “character.” It says that Jesus is the EXACT CHARACTER of the Father.

We were not made in God's “exact charakter.” We were made in God's “eikon” (image). This image is a “faint copy” (See Strong's# 5481 for “charakter” and # 1503-4 for “eikon”).

So we are not God's EXACT CHARACTER like Jesus and He is not a “faint copy” like us.

Do you get it now:

Jesus: The EXACT CHARACTER  of the Father.

Us: Faint copies

Start thinking things through. If we were the image of God in the exact same sense as Jesus then we could all say, “He that has seen me has seen the Father.” That would be ridiculous wouldn't it?

Please enroll in a course in Logic

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    So Jesus had the character of His God by the fullness of Spirit of his God dwelling in him and bringing gifts and fruit.

So why does that make him his God?

Quote (t8 @ Jan. 11 2010,22:02)

In order to stop others from posting, you need to actually set up a debate in the debates forum in Believers Area.

Otherwise all are free to post in any topic outside of that forum if they have posting rights.

In the language of the Old Testament there are two distinct forms of the word “lord.”

One means G-d, the other a superior who is not G-d.

The oracle which predicts the Messiah, the Lord Yashuw'ah (Ps. 110:1) gives him the title “lord,” which refers to a person who is not G-d.

To distinguish Deity from non-Deity, the Hebrew Old Testament speaks of the Lord G-d as ADONAI (449 times) and of superiors who are not G-d as ADONI (my lord) 195 times.

In Psalm 110:1 the LORD (here Yahweh, the personal name of G-d) addresses a prophecy to David's lord, the Messiah.

Yashuw'ah and the New Testament writers, as well as the rabbis, knew that this was a prophecy about the Messiah (see the conversation in Matt. 22:41-46).

The “lord” addressed by Yahweh is given the title ADONI (my lord), an address never used of Deity.

Notice how important this Psalm is for New Testament Christianity:

“It is clear from the Apostles' quotation of the Old Testament that they had a strong preference for particular passages – Psalm 110 was the most favored of all”

Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Jan. 13 2010,06:23)

Gene

Hello!

WJ

Gene,

You err as usual. The Greek word for “image” in Hebrews 1:3 is “charakter” from which we get our word “character.” It says that Jesus is the EXACT CHARACTER of the Father.

We were not made in God's “exact charakter.” We were made in God's “eikon” (image). This image is a “faint copy” (See Strong's# 5481 for “charakter” and # 1503-4 for “eikon”).

So we are not God's EXACT CHARACTER like Jesus and He is not a “faint copy” like us.

Do you get it now:

Start thinking things through. If we were the image of God in the exact same sense as Jesus then we could all say, “He that has seen me has seen the Father.” That would be ridiculous wouldn't it?

thinker

Hi thethinker:

Maybe the following scriptures will help you to understand that Jesus was perfected through his obedience to God's Word.

Hbr 5:7 who, in the days of His flesh, when He had offered up prayers and supplications, with vehement cries and tears to Him who was able to save Him from death, and was heard because of His godly fear,
    Hbr 5:8 though He was a Son, [yet] He learned obedience by the things which He suffered.
    Hbr 5:9 And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him,

1Cr 15:45 And so it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being.” [fn] The last Adam [became] a life-giving spirit.

And we also are being made in his image as we learn to apply the Word of God to our daily lives.

And the scripture states:

1Jo 3:2 Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Jan. 13 2010,07:02)

Quote (t8 @ Jan. 11 2010,22:02)

In the language of the Old Testament there are two distinct forms of the word “lord.”

One means G-d, the other a superior who is not G-d.

The oracle which predicts the Messiah, the Lord Yashuw'ah (Ps. 110:1) gives him the title “lord,” which refers to a person who is not G-d.

To distinguish Deity from non-Deity, the Hebrew Old Testament speaks of the Lord G-d as ADONAI (449 times) and of superiors who are not G-d as ADONI (my lord) 195 times.

In Psalm 110:1 the LORD (here Yahweh, the personal name of G-d) addresses a prophecy to David's lord, the Messiah.

Yashuw'ah and the New Testament writers, as well as the rabbis, knew that this was a prophecy about the Messiah (see the conversation in Matt. 22:41-46).

The “lord” addressed by Yahweh is given the title ADONI (my lord), an address never used of Deity.

Notice how important this Psalm is for New Testament Christianity:

“It is clear from the Apostles' quotation of the Old Testament that they had a strong preference for particular passages – Psalm 110 was the most favored of all”

Good post brother, Ron. I fully agree with that post. Jews never believed that their Messiah will be another God.

peace to you
    Adam

KangarooJack
    Participant

Constitutionalist said:

Con,

You gave Psalm 110:1 as an example of Messiah being called “Adoni” (non-deity). But go to verse 5 where David replied to Jehovah saying, “My ADONAI (God) is at your right hand.”

So David saw His Adoni as his Adonai or God.

thinker

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Jan. 13 2010,11:00)

Gene

Hello!

WJ

Gene,

Do you get it now:

thinker

Hi thethinker:

Maybe the following scriptures will help you to understand that Jesus was perfected through his obedience to God's Word.

Hbr 5:7 who, in the days of His flesh, when He had offered up prayers and supplications, with vehement cries and tears to Him who was able to save Him from death, and was heard because of His godly fear,
    Hbr 5:8 though He was a Son, [yet] He learned obedience by the things which He suffered.
    Hbr 5:9 And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him,

1Cr 15:45 And so it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being.” [fn] The last Adam [became] a life-giving spirit.

And we also are being made in his image as we learn to apply the Word of God to our daily lives.

1Jo 3:2 Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty,

You are mistaken big time on this one. Hebrews does not teach that Christ became perfect in obedience as you suggest. If this was the case then He would have sinned and then learned how not to sin. But Christ NEVER sinned at any time.

It means that He became the perfect Savior. Note that it says that He became the SOURCE of eternal salvation.

Jesus was ALWAYS the EXACT CHARACTER of God.

The only part of your post I agree with is that we will become like Him.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    Bad logic and inference let you down again.
    You throw in your opinion to bolster it but the whole structure seems weak.

If Jesus BECAME or was GIVEN anything then he did not have or had not been those things.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 14 2010,05:34)
    Hi TT,
    Bad logic and inference let you down again.
    You throw in your opinion to bolster it but the whole structure seems weak.

If Jesus BECAME or was GIVEN anything then he did not have or had not been those things.

We have been through this before Nicky. Jesus had all things at the beginning and then gave them up by becoming a servant (Philippians 2). Then He was given those things back as the reward of His obedience. And Paul said that He would deliver them back to the Father again.

It's not really that difficult to understand Nick.

thinker

Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Jan. 14 2010,02:43)

Quote (942767 @ Jan. 13 2010,11:00)

Gene

Hello!

WJ

Gene,

Do you get it now:

thinker

Hi thethinker:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty,

You are mistaken big time on this one. Hebrews does not teach that Christ became perfect in obedience as you suggest. If this was the case then He would have sinned and then learned how not to sin. But Christ NEVER sinned at any time.

It means that He became the perfect Savior. Note that it says that He became the SOURCE of eternal salvation.

Jesus was ALWAYS the EXACT CHARACTER of God.

The only part of your post I agree with is that we will become like Him.

thinker

Hi thethinker:

Did you read Hebrews 5:7 through 5:9? What do the scriptures state?

Did he not obey God without sin even unto death on the cross?
    The scriptures are stating that he learned to apply the Word of God in this suffering.

For example, he did not retaliate when he was insulted.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

KangarooJack
    Participant

Marty said:

Hi thethinker:

Did you read Hebrews 5:7 through 5:9?  What do the scriptures state?

The scriptures are stating that he learned to apply the Word of God in this suffering.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

having been perfected. This does not mean that Jesus finally became sinless, since He was always without sin (4:15), but that He finished the course of suffering that was set before Him, including the sacrificial death. Having done this, He was “perfected,” or completely qualified to serve as the uniquely effective High Priest” (Reformation Study Bible note, p. 1941).

The word “perfected” in reference to Jesus Christ means that He became qualified to intercede before God in our behalf as an effective High Priest.

thinker

Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Jan. 15 2010,11:20)
    Marty said:

Hi thethinker:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

having been perfected. This does not mean that Jesus finally became sinless, since He was always without sin (4:15), but that He finished the course of suffering that was set before Him, including the sacrificial death. Having done this, He was “perfected,” or completely qualified to serve as the uniquely effective High Priest” (Reformation Study Bible note, p. 1941).

The word “perfected” in reference to Jesus Christ means that He became qualified to intercede before God in our behalf as an effective High Priest.

thinker

Hi thethinker:

I never said that he became sinless. How can you do that? He obeyed God without sin even unto death on the cross.

This is what the scripture states:

Hbr 5:8 though He was a Son, [yet] He learned obedience by the things which He suffered

He applied the Word of God to His daily living in all of trials and tribulations.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Jan. 15 2010,11:37)

Marty said:

Hi thethinker:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

thinker

Hi thethinker:

I never said that he became sinless.  How can you do that?  He obeyed God without sin even unto death on the cross.

Hbr 5:8 though He was a Son, [yet] He learned obedience by the things which He suffered

He applied the Word of God to His daily living in all of trials and tribulations.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Okay, so the word “perfected” would mean that He became qualified as our High Priest as does not suggest that He was like us in every way.

thinker

Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Jan. 16 2010,08:36)

Quote (942767 @ Jan. 15 2010,11:37)

Marty said:

Hi thethinker:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

thinker

Hi thethinker:

I never said that he became sinless.  How can you do that?  He obeyed God without sin even unto death on the cross.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Okay, so the word “perfected” would mean that He became qualified as our High Priest as does not suggest that He was like us in every way.

thinker

Hi thethinker:

Hbr 5:9 And 2532 being made perfect 5048 , he became 1096 the author 159 of eternal 166 salvation 4991 unto all 3956 them that obey 5219 him 846

And so, because he obeyed God without sin unto death on the cross(being made perfect), he is now the author of eternal salvation unto all who obey him. In other words, he has personal experience in living a sinless life in this world, and through the Word of God that he obeyed, and the blood that he shed for us when we fall short of perfect obedience, we also will be saved.

You say:

He is a man like us, but unlike us in that he was tempted in every way just as we are tempted, but unlike us in that he did not sin.

And yes, he became qualified to he our High Priest, but how does that suggest that he was not like us in every way?

Of course, he was unlike us in that he was not born of the sperm of man but was conceived of the Holy Ghost in the womb of the virgin Mary, but other than that he was a man just like us only he did not sin when he was tempted.

1Cr 15:21 For since by man [came] death, by Man also [came] the resurrection of the dead.
    1Cr 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Participant

Hi thethinker:

He is also not like us now in that he has a spiritual body.

Phl 3:20 For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ,
    Phl 3:21 who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body, according to the working by which He is able even to subdue all things to Himself.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 658 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account