The alpha and the omega

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 121 through 130 (of 130 total)
  • Author
    Is 1:18
    Participant

Jason Debuhn has also been quoted as saying the New World Translation was “not bias free” (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_World_Translation_of_the_Holy_Scriptures), which I'd say is a good candidate for understatement of the millennium.

Participant

A little me information about the NWT/Jeopardy hoax here:

http://wiredforstereo.blogspot.com/2007….ts.html

Participant

A more comprehensive consensus of scholarly views on the NWT, or specifically their rendering of John 1:1c (but you get an impression of their general perception of the NWT):

http://www.forananswer.org/Top_JW/Scholars%20and%20NWT.htm

Tim Kraft
    Participant

For all: Another possible angle or perception on this subject. Jesus, the word of God, the truth of God, was also in God at the beginning in the Garden with Adam the first man. The word of God has always been in God. The words of God given at the first, alpha, of mankind were eventually lost or dilluted through accepting evil/death thinking, passed down through generations of mankind of darkness, sin, and lack of the truth from God. The light or understanding of God was replaced by man made religion, created from mans ideas of God and what he might want or desire. They had no teacher who knew and could prove he new the truth of God.

Then at last Jesus/the word of God is revealed to save mankind from their ignorance. Gods people were dying for a lack of knowledge! Jesus came in power to back up what seemed to be completely different truth about God. The Kingdom of God/Spirit of God/Power of God to be dwelling within mankind as they take out of their minds the old, religious doctrines and fill up with the truth words of Jesus that they have been made clean and whole by God!! The last words from God through Jesus. The word of God/Jesus was the alpha unto mankind in the Garedn and the last word from God/Jesus was the omega. So, also it is true, that the first became the last and the last(Jesus/word of God) became as the first.

Hear what the spirit says to your heart. This could be part of the truth of the alpha and omega! Bless all, TK

Quote (Is 1:18 @ June 03 2011,20:15)
    Take two…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority

Thanks!

WJ

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hey all,

The name is Jason BeDuhn, not “DeBuhn”.  And the fact that he admitted the NWT was biased also in certain verses just goes that much farther to prove his claim that it was an unbiased research project he performed.

He is not a JW, nor has he ever been, yet still came to the conclusion that the NWT was the most accurate translation of the scriptures out of the nine he researched.

Wispring, the NWT was the first of the four translations I've read, and I liked it very much – although the NIV is still my favorite so far.

david
    Participant

Quote (betweenchristendomandjws @ June 04 2011,01:52)

Quote (david @ May 31 2011,17:41)

If KJV is the authority then why is the New world translation the answer to the $800 question for jeopardy? The question was what was the most accurate translation?

I'd be interested to know which Jeopardy episode this was?  Of course, if this really happened, it would be on youtube.  I would have seen it a hundred times.  People I know would have sent it to me, and i would have sent it to Is 1:18.

But none of that ever happened.

Jason Debuhn which is a scholar with at least a dozen Theology degrees said in his book Truth in translation that it appeared on Jeopardy. I'll find a video or at least in article on it eventually   :angry:

Here's an interesting question:

Why do you believe this? It can't be because you read Truth in Translation, otherwise, you'd be able to find the quote, or, you would have said: 'I remember reading about that in the book when I read it.'

The truth is, people, everyone on this board, has a great over riding tendency towards self preservation, which includes our beliefs. So, when we hear something we want to believe, we believe it, and we pass it on to others.

As I said, if this happened, it unequivically, without the slightest bit of question, would have been emailed a hundred times to every JW on the planet. I personally would have watched it on youtube many times.

Logically, for many reasons, it never happened.

I wonder who told it to you, and why do you believe it?

Wispring
    Participant

Evain Water?:;):

Wispring
    Participant

Woops! Evian Water?:;):

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (Wispring @ June 09 2011,13:38)
    Woops! Evian Water?:;):

Wispring, you could ask t8 for Editing rights. I am sure with your good record, you will get it…It prevents double posting………..Peace Irene

Viewing 10 posts - 121 through 130 (of 130 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account