Signs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 73 total)
  • Author

MARK 16:17-18

THESE SIGNS SHALL FOLLOW THEM THAT BELIEVE; IN MY NAME THEY SHALL CAST OUT DEVILS: THEY SHALL SPEAK WITH NE TOUNGS: THEY SHALL TAKE UP SERPENTS; AND IF THEY DRINK ANY DEADLY THING, IT SHALL NOT HURT THEM; THEY SHAL LAY HANDS ON THE SICK AND THEY SHALL RECOVER.

CAN U EXPLAIN THAT?

I SEE IT AS SIGNS FOR THE BELIEVER .

david
    Participant

These verses appear in certain Bible manuscripts and versions of the fifth and sixth centuries C.E.

But they do not appear in the older Greek manuscripts, the Sinaiticus and Vatican MS. 1209 of the fourth century.

Dr. B. F. Westcott, an authority on Bible manuscripts, said that “the verses . . . are no part of the original narrative but an appendage.” (An Introduction to the Study of the Gospels, London, 1881, p. 338)

Bible translator Jerome, in the fifth century, said that “almost all the Greek codices [are] without this passage.” (The Last Twelve Verses of the Gospel According to S. Mark, London, 1871, J. W. Burgon, p. 53)

The New Catholic Encyclopedia (1967) says: “Its vocabulary and style differ so radically from the rest of the Gospel that it hardly seems possible Mark himself composed it [that is, verses 9-20].” (Vol. IX, p. 240)

And perhaps most importantly, there is no record that early Christians either drank poison or handled serpents to prove they were believers.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (david @ July 01 2009,17:38)
    These verses appear in certain Bible manuscripts and versions of the fifth and sixth centuries C.E.

But they do not appear in the older Greek manuscripts, the Sinaiticus and Vatican MS. 1209 of the fourth century.

Dr. B. F. Westcott, an authority on Bible manuscripts, said that “the verses . . . are no part of the original narrative but an appendage.” (An Introduction to the Study of the Gospels, London, 1881, p. 338)

Bible translator Jerome, in the fifth century, said that “almost all the Greek codices [are] without this passage.” (The Last Twelve Verses of the Gospel According to S. Mark, London, 1871, J. W. Burgon, p. 53)

The New Catholic Encyclopedia (1967) says: “Its vocabulary and style differ so radically from the rest of the Gospel that it hardly seems possible Mark himself composed it [that is, verses 9-20].” (Vol. IX, p. 240)

And perhaps most importantly, there is no record that early Christians either drank poison or handled serpents to prove they were believers.

Thinker doesn't believe that even a single scripture was tampered with and yet you show proof, I wonder if he will respond to your post.

david
    Participant

Thinker doesn't believe that even a single scripture was tampered with

I'm not certain thinker does believe this, but if he does, he is wrong.
    People tamper with it all the time. The vast majority of Bibles have removed God's personal name about 7000 times! This is the grossest dishonor….removing the very authors name from his own book.

Quote (david @ July 01 2009,01:54)

Thinker doesn't believe that even a single scripture was tampered with

I'm not certain thinker does believe this, but if he does, he is wrong.
    People tamper with it all the time.  The vast majority of Bibles have removed God's personal name about 7000 times!  This is the grossest dishonor….removing the very authors name from his own book.

Hi David

LOL!

What is God's personal name David? Can you tell us the exact pronunciation of it?

If not then you are just blowing in the wind!

Blessings WJ

I KNOW THAT PLAYING WITH DEADLY SNAKES AND DRINKING POISON IS TEMPTING GOD HIMSELF , BUT KNOW THERE ARE CHURCHES THAT DO IT.

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ July 01 2009,01:04)

THESE SIGNS SHALL FOLLOW THEM THAT BELIEVE; IN MY NAME THEY SHALL CAST OUT DEVILS: THEY SHALL SPEAK WITH NE TOUNGS: THEY SHALL TAKE UP SERPENTS; AND IF THEY DRINK ANY DEADLY THING, IT SHALL NOT HURT THEM; THEY SHAL LAY HANDS ON THE SICK AND THEY SHALL RECOVER.

CAN U EXPLAIN THAT?

follower of Jesus: The thing that most opened my eyes in learning the NT scriptures was the fact that Jesus,(my lord too), taught the Truth of God in parables. Thoughts in your mind are either spirit of God (peace,love,joy,longsuffering,meekness,kindness,gentleness etc.) or they are thoughts that man has created from the time he began to fall away from God by believing evil,bad,suffering,pain,sickness,hate,stress,fear etc.! When Jesus said you must eat my flesh and drink my blood one must spiritually assess those words. If you consume the words of Christ,like food and drink in the spirit it will paint a picture in your mind of what he is saying and that Truth is inside of you forever. IMO this is what I would paraphrase that scripture to actually be saying to me:…Jesus speaking…. manifestations of the spirit of my Father will follow those that believe and teach my authority:Teaching the True light of my Father removes the darkness and sin thinking of old. Believers will rise above the Pharisees with poison in their mouths and they shall not hurt you. Believers will administer healing to the sick and they will recover….! I wish I could describe what I believe better but hopefully it will give a little insight. Bless you and peace, TK

Participant

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ July 01 2009,01:04)

CAN U EXPLAIN THAT?

Hi:

There are spiritual gifts which operate in the church as a whole, but not every believer has one of these spiritual gifts. They are given to believers in the body of Christ as they become mature Christians.

The following verses of scripture may help:

1Cr 12:1 ¶ Now concerning spiritual [gifts], brethren, I would not have you ignorant.

1Cr 12:2 Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led.

1Cr 12:3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and [that] no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

1Cr 12:4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.

1Cr 12:5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.

1Cr 12:6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.

1Cr 12:7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

1Cr 12:8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

1Cr 12:9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

1Cr 12:10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another [divers] kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

1Cr 12:11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

1Cr 12:12 ¶ For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also [is] Christ.

1Cr 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether [we be] Jews or Gentiles, whether [we be] bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

1Cr 12:14 For the body is not one member, but many.

1Cr 12:15 If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?

1Cr 12:16 And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?

1Cr 12:17 If the whole body [were] an eye, where [were] the hearing? If the whole [were] hearing, where [were] the smelling?

1Cr 12:18 But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.

1Cr 12:19 And if they were all one member, where [were] the body?

1Cr 12:20 But now [are they] many members, yet but one body.

1Cr 12:21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.

1Cr 12:22 Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:

1Cr 12:23 And those [members] of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely [parts] have more abundant comeliness.

1Cr 12:24 For our comely [parts] have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that [part] which lacked:

1Cr 12:25 That there should be no schism in the body; but [that] the members should have the same care one for another.

1Cr 12:26 And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.

1Cr 12:27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

1Cr 12:28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

1Cr 12:29 [Are] all apostles? [are] all prophets? [are] all teachers? [are] all workers of miracles?

1Cr 12:30 Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?

1Cr 12:31 But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way
    1Cr 13:1 ¶ Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become [as] sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

1Cr 13:2 And though I have [the gift of] prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

1Cr 13:3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed [the poor], and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

1Cr 13:4 Charity suffereth long, [and] is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

1Cr 13:5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

1Cr 13:6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

1Cr 13:7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

1Cr 13:8 Charity never faileth: but whether [there be] prophecies, they shall fail; whether [there be] tongues, they shall cease; whether [there be] knowledge, it shall vanish away.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

THANKS MARTY THAT IS A HELP, JUST WISH MORE EOPLE BELIEVED THAT STUFF HAPENED TODAY AS I DO

SIGNS ARE EVRYWHERE

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Tim Kraft……….I agree with most of what you have said, except man did not (CREATE) those thoughts they already existed they were present in the tree of good and evil that GOD created and placed in the Garden , as scripture says. Man just went the way of sin because of the propensity that was in him. Man own will separates Him from GOD and it must be put to death, ” For who soever will save (HIS LIFE) will loose it , but whosoever will (LOOSE HIS LIFE) will save it”. We must with Gods spirit put our own wills to death and do the will of GOD as Jesus did His. Man did not create Evil or Good, he experiences it. IMO

peace and love to you and yours…………………..gene

Quote (Gene @ July 04 2009,02:56)
    Tim Kraft……….I agree with most of what you have said, except man did not (CREATE) those thoughts they already existed they were present in the tree of good and evil that GOD created and placed in the Garden , as scripture says. Man just went the way of sin because of the propensity that was in him. Man own will separates Him from GOD and it must be put to death, ” For who soever will save (HIS LIFE) will loose it , but whosoever will (LOOSE HIS LIFE) will save it”. We must with Gods spirit put our own wills to death and do the will of GOD as Jesus did His. Man did not create Evil or Good, he experiences it. IMO

MAN DOES FALL AND THE BIBLE SAIS LEAST THERE BE A GREAT GALLING AWAY AND THE SIN OF MAN BE REVIALED THE SON OF MAN CANNOT COME ???

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ July 04 2009,03:49)

Quote (Gene @ July 04 2009,02:56)

MAN DOES FALL AND THE BIBLE SAIS LEAST THERE BE A GREAT GALLING AWAY AND THE SIN OF MAN BE REVIALED THE SON OF MAN CANNOT COME ???

SORRY FOR THE MISTAKE IT IT A GREAT FALLING AWAY I MEANT

is the anti-christ here? if so who is it?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ July 21 2009,02:43)
    is the anti-christ here?  if so who is it?

Those who believe that Christ is God.

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 25 2009,07:19)

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ July 25 2009,07:33)

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 25 2009,07:19)

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's right calling Jesus God is being against Jesus as Christ it is anti-Christ and is denying the flesh and blood of Christ.

you got warped doctrine or should I say poluted gospel

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ July 25 2009,13:30)
    you got warped doctrine or should I say poluted gospel

Jesus said that he was the Son of God

You say that Jesus is wrong and he is in-fact God and Our Father in heaven.

Which one of those statements seem polluted to you?

Either you are right or Jesus is right, so which is it?

jesus is both God ad son of God:) :D

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 73 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account