Saturday or sunday worship

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 198 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

, I fall short of perfect obedience, and without the blood of Jesus to cleanse me from sin when I transgress the Law

If you cleansed from sin then why do you still sin?

Participant

Hi KW:

The commandments to which Jesus was referring when he stated that we should teach them and obey them are those called the “Ten Commandments”.

As born again Christians our circumcision is of the heart in the body of Christ.

The commandment was given to Abraham and his seed in their generations which means in a period of time.

The Apostle Paul states:

1 Corinthians 7:19King James Version (KJV)

19 Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God

Love in Christ,
    Marty

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,

Jesus said we should keep his commandments.

But you want to perfectly follow the law as well?

kerwin
    Participant

The commandments to which Jesus was referring when he stated that we should teach them and obey them are those called the “Ten Commandments”.

No, that is not written.

It is the Law of love your neighbor as yourself and love God with all your being.

The Jews were given the Law of Moses, of which the Ten Commandments and the Command of circumcision are but parts. The Ten are but the Commands that God uttered before the people of Israel begged him not to speak directly to them but instead use Moses at an mediator. They were never given to the Gentiles. Paul knew this and spoke against those who insisted Gentiles were required to obey it. Instead those that walk according to the Spirit will obey the righteousness of the Law and so the Law of Love.

As for the Sabbath, do what is one your heart, but do not see those who do not celebrate it as sinning.

Participant

Hi KW:

, I fall short of perfect obedience, and without the blood of Jesus to cleanse me from sin when I transgress the Law
    If you cleansed from sin then why do you still sin?

(I don’t practice sin willfully, but I do make mistakes, don’t you?)

And to answer your other post regarding that it is not written that Jesus meant the Ten Commandments in the following verses of scripture:

Matthew 5:

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

(If you don’t agree with what I stated, please tell me what you think he meant?)

And if the scriptures state:

1 John 3:4
    Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

(Of what Law is this speaking, and how do I know when I have sinned?)

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Participant

Hi Nick:

Hi 94,

If you choose The Law as your guide you have many more you must perfectly fulfil.

(So, what do you mean by being led by the Spirit? Will he Spirit convict you of sin?)

You also ask me if it is wise for me to take the Law unto myself, but apparently, you are not reading what I stated. If I were trying to earn my salvation through perfect obedience of the Law it would be unwise, and I will have fallen from grace, but I am in the body of Christ, and so yes, it is wise to obey the commandments of God.

Matt 6:

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,

He was sent to the lost sheep of Israel and taught them about their law.

Would you have us all become Jews?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,

You will hear.a voice behind you

Not that way. Walk here.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,

All sin 2 chr 6.36

It is not about sin but about abiding in the forgiving love of the Father.

jn 16 8-11

kerwin
    Participant

I sin because I am not cleansed from unrighteousness even though I confess my sins. The reason is either 1) I am yet in the new covenant or 2) I have not matured in my faith and so lack faith in some way.

According to Scripture we can become like Christ in true righteousness and holiness but that takes faith that it will happen and that faith is hard to grasp.

I have much to learn.

kerwin
    Participant

The Law Jesus was speaking about is the Law of Moses and that is written in the first five books of the bible. It is mixed with history. Those commands were written and spoken to Israel and Jesus was speaking to the same nation in Matthew 5; just as Nick wrote previously. It is only righteous requirements of the Law that has ever been required of the Gentiles. Consider the words of Romans 14:1-13 and remember the people of Israel are the servants of God and they esteem Saturday as the Sabbath because it was given to them to do. It was not given to the Gentiles to do so.

Participant

KW:

The Law Jesus was speaking about is the Law of Moses and that is written in the first five books of the bible. It is mixed with history. Those commands were written and spoken to Israel and Jesus was speaking to the same nation in Matthew 5; just as Nick wrote previously. It is only righteous requirements of the Law that has ever been required of the Gentiles. Consider the words of Romans 14:1-13 and remember the people of Israel are the servants of God and they esteem Saturday as the Sabbath because it was given to them to do. It was not given to the Gentiles to do so.

(And so, what are the righteous requirements of the Law, the Law of Moses?)

And so, when Jesus uses the word “whosoever” in the following scriptures, he is only speaking to the Jews?

Matt. 5
    19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

And when God states that in the New Covenant:

Jeremiah 31:

31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

(Is God only speaking to the Jews? And if you and I are Abraham’s seed in the body of Christ, are we part of this covenant or not?)

Participant

Hi 94,

He was sent to the lost sheep of Israel and taught them about their law.

Would you have us all become Jews?

I am going to obey God’s commandments. If you do not choose to obey them, that is up to you.

The Apostle Paul stated:

Galatians 3:28King James Version (KJV)

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

My desire is that you and all of humanity would become that Last Adam made in the image of God like our Lord Jesus, but you can do whatever you choose.

Participant

Hi Nick:

Hi 94,

You will hear.a voice behind you
    Not that way. Walk here.

(And so, how do you know if it is the Spirit of God speaking to you or some other voice you may be hearing?)

kerwin
    Participant

Yes, since Paul is considered an authority as are James and the apostles at Jerusalem. The requirements for Gentiles are not those for the people of Israel. In Acts 15:22-29 the apostles claimed they gave no such command that the Gentiles must be circumcised and keep the Law and then summed up those things the Gentiles are to do. Paul states in one of his letters that they added nothing to his message.

Participant

Hi KW:

Why are you bringing up circumcision again. I already answered your question relative to circumcision.

If you are answering relative to what Jesus stated that “whosoever” teaches and obeys the commandments, that only the Jews need to teach and do the commandments, then according to that scripture “only Jews will be great in the kingdom of God”.

Romans 3:

30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.

31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

According to Jesus there are two commandments through which we can obey God’s commandments:

35 Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying,

36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
    40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

The Apostle Paul states:

Romans 13:

8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law

And so, this takes care of the commandment of “loving our neighbor as ourselves”. There are “Ten Commandments”. The first four relate to God, and the others to our neighbor.

And so, how do we “Love the LORD our God with all of our hearts, with all our souls, and with all our minds?

Those commandments are:

20 And God spake all these words, saying,

2 I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

7 Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,

Yes the law still exists.

But you would nullify the work of the Spirit by subjecting yourself to it?

kerwin
    Participant

1) Circumcision is part of the Law; as Paul implies in Romans 3:31.
    2) That means Paul was teaching Gentiles to disobey at least one stitch of the Law while calling those who did not false brothers.
    3) The point I was raising is it states “…and keep the law” in Acts 15:24 which means the Gentiles were not commanded to be either circumcised or keep the Law.

Participant

Hi KW:

These Jews were saying that in order to be saved we must keep all of the Law of Moses including all of the Law of Moses which we know that we cannot keep all of the Law without violating it, and if we violate it in one part, James says that we are guilty of breaking the Law. Under the Law, they had animal sacrifices when they sinned. And on the day of atonement, the high priest went into the holy of holies with blood for his own sins and for the sins of the people of the nation of Israel. They did this every year, because this blood was only symbolic of the sacrifice of our Lord Jesus.

15 And certain men which came down from Judaea taught the brethren, and said, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved.

And so, we who are in the body of Christ have come to God with a repentant heart believing that He gave His uniquely begotten Son to be the propitiation for our sins. When we confessed him as our Lord, we through our confession have indicated that we will obey his commandments, and he says to us “if you love me keep my commandments”. We overcome sin as we learn to apply his commandments in our daily lives, and by his shed blood that cleanses us from sin when we fall short of perfect obedience. The “Ten Commandments” are God’s eternal Laws. They were written with the finger of God in stone. They cannot be changed, and so, yes, they are still in effect for those who desire to obey God.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Participant

Hi Nick:

Please tell me how I would nullify the work of the Spirit by obeying God’s commandments?

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 198 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account