Satan's Christmas

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 124 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

To all,

Is it immoral to act the part of Satan in a movie?

Is it criminal to act the part of a criminal in a play?

Raziel
    Participant

The only way I can see it being wrong is that if was glorifying satan.

Raziel
    Participant

Or glorifying crimes.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Raziel @ Oct. 11 2011,09:28)
    I agree on the dripping blood zombie but people get fooled to believe that is cool. In the end though if you don't have your heart on satan I don't think you have to worry. Now if you already know this then you're just saying I do what I want and screw God but most people just get fooled by media and think it's cool for one night. In order for people to get close to Christ the best things we can do is show love and set the example. I don't dislike when someone doesn't celebrate halloween and don't because of their believe in God. What I dislike is churches preaching you're going to hell because you worship satan through it. I was fooled as a child to and I was the grim reaper one year. Yeah the adult is accountable     but to open up spiritual eyes we need to preach love. The church I went later in my high school days had christian halloween to keep us away from all that stuff.  Also the fact still remains what people do at partys and trick or treating is very different from burning people alive and what they do on the real halloween. I got away from the ghouls and all that by someone inviting me to church and getting closer to God, not someone telling me you're going to hell. The ironic thing about this thread is the shear fact I agree with the self discipline of not celebrating halloween for the sake of faith and will be at evening church when Halloween comes. Some people are getting away from Christ because they think it's all about hell. In the end I think it's you're heart that's going to be judged and that's on halloween and any other day.

I agree Raziel,
    I would like to see the church plan a concert targeted towards the youth that will promote the gospel during that time instead of providing candy and dressing up in costumes and jumping on inflatable slides, etc., which gives the appearance of celebrating halloween. I would prefer halloween didn't exist. One year I planned a bonfire, hobo party for my daughter and her cross country team with a sleep over. I had them go on a scavenger hunt and it happened about two weeks after halloween. The kids had a blast and all got dressed up like hobos. I read them a story of a friend of mine that lives a lot like a hobo but does so to travel and show God's love to people.

Welcome to HN, Raziel,
    Kathi

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Oct. 11 2011,13:26)
    To all,

Is it immoral to act the part of Satan in a movie?

Is it criminal to act the part of a criminal in a play?

Hi Kerwin,
    I think Raziel is right, only if it is glorifying satan. My son played the part of satan in a musical skit. The message of the song was to portray a person in bondage being tempted by satan and being set free by Jesus. It was captivating to the young people and was followed up by discussion and promotion of the gospel.

Blessings,
    Kathi

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Irene,

I'm with you on this one – a thousand times “NO!”

While I'm troubled by most of the posts in this thread, I can't really say that I'm surprised. After all, we live in a time when homosexuals are welcomed into our churches with open arms. And the young, unmarried couples who are living together are welcomed even more.

The god of this age tells us it's okay to watch filthy TV shows like “Family Guy” and “Three and a Half Men”, and movies like the Twilight trilogy and Harry Potter, etc. He tells us it's okay for young girls to attend Sunday service wearing cleavage revealing tank and tube tops.

So it doesn't surprise me in the least that many people think it is okay to celebrate and support a day that glamorizes and glorifies Satan, demons, devils, the living dead, witches, warlocks, ghosts, wizards etc. And saying “Well, MY kid is going as Spiderman” doesn't forgive the fact that your kid is still participating in a ritual that glorifies the occult and many things that God Himself SPECIFICALLY told us He hated, IMO.

If your kid likes to dress in costumes, throw him a costume party that is unrelated to Halloween and all the things it stands for. Have in it February or something. :)

I no longer have any part of Halloween, because we are to do ALL things to the glory of God. And I can't see how God receives ANY glory at all through Halloween customs. I judge no one in this post, but merely state my humble opinion.

Jehovah, lead me NOT into temptation, but deliver me FROM all evil.

peace and love to you all,
    mike

terraricca
    Participant

Mike

yes i am with you on this ,if some people wants to be part of this world then that there choice ,we all have to past the test of our time or age,

it is here that we see the dividing line between God and Satan

Pierre

david
    Participant

So it has been said by Christians that one who celebrates the upcoming holiday Halloween one also worships satan. I believe this is based on the fact this was a day where witches wiccans and other would prat ice witch craft and etc. I have been told by a friend who is into that the real halloween isn't on the 31 but a few days before. I have a hard time finding the date online….

I think perhaps you are referring to the fact that it is actually “halloween” is “All hallows Eve” or, the Eve of “All hallows” day or as we know it now, All Saints day. No, that doesn't make sense.

Maybe you are referring to Devil's Night in Detroit. I don't know what day that's on, but i think two days before halloween.

So is it really satan worship without satan? In today's Halloween we really have more princesses, power rangers, batmen than ghouls. What do most do it for? Candy or just a party. Few people actually perform witch craft and all that and all those people have one thing in common and that is they are that deep into it. When you see someone that deep into satan all you can do is pray for them.

I think it comes down to this: Do origins matter? How does God view something that might have bad origins?

To try to understand this, let's take something people understand is bad: Hitler and Nazism.

So, imagine the Nazi's, with their Nazi swastikas and their “Heil hitler's” had a special day to honor Hitler. They called it “Hitler Day.”

People today, would understand that honoring something that God hates is bad. But what if this were 500 years in the future. And at that point, somehow, a small group of German's turned it into a holiday and from there, it grew and became international. People wear Swastikas and others wear bunny suits, and they raise their hands in the air in a heiling fashion. They are doing it just for fun. Everyone loves a good Hitler party. Right?
    Being that it was so long ago, does it really matter? The kids don't remember it. Sure, it's written in history books, but that was long ago. Plus, it's innocent fun. Very few people actually get into trouble on this day. Yes, there are the 1/2 of 1% who take it seriously and go and kill people of Jewish origin, but you and your kids don't do that, and that only really happens in Europe. And yes, people dress up like Nazi's still, but more and more are dressing up like superman, and plus, everyone loves candy.

So, would such a celebration be wrong 500 years from now? Or, 1000 years from now? Would it matter? Does time change things? Does it matter that most people wouldn't be aware of who Hitler was, or the history behind the celebration? Would that make it acceptable? A better question is: What would God think?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (david @ Oct. 11 2011,18:44)
    Everyone loves a good Hitler party. Right?

:D

Pastry
    Participant

What gets me, that people go to Hunted Houses, and get scared out of their minds… Just like listen to those scary Movies….Satan has them all brainwashed…. to put a young man in a play to portray Satan????……

Raziel
    Participant

Before I reply to any of these quotes I have a question. What are you all going to do on halloween? Normal day? Christian halloween? Got something planed that so happens to be on halloween on coincidence?

I was going to evening church but was wrongly told it took place on a Sunday and it turns out it's a Monday. It just might be a normal day for me. I don't dress up myself because I think that's childish to pretend to be something cool satanic or not. I do got to admit as a person who's first words were candy bar I would take a chance on free candy. I doubt it will happen because unless a church has a party I don't think I will go to one myself.

Raziel
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Oct. 12 2011,10:07)

Quote (Raziel @ Oct. 11 2011,09:28)
    I agree on the dripping blood zombie but people get fooled to believe that is cool. In the end though if you don't have your heart on satan I don't think you have to worry. Now if you already know this then you're just saying I do what I want and screw God but most people just get fooled by media and think it's cool for one night. In order for people to get close to Christ the best things we can do is show love and set the example. I don't dislike when someone doesn't celebrate halloween and don't because of their believe in God. What I dislike is churches preaching you're going to hell because you worship satan through it. I was fooled as a child to and I was the grim reaper one year. Yeah the adult is accountable     but to open up spiritual eyes we need to preach love. The church I went later in my high school days had christian halloween to keep us away from all that stuff.  Also the fact still remains what people do at partys and trick or treating is very different from burning people alive and what they do on the real halloween. I got away from the ghouls and all that by someone inviting me to church and getting closer to God, not someone telling me you're going to hell. The ironic thing about this thread is the shear fact I agree with the self discipline of not celebrating halloween for the sake of faith and will be at evening church when Halloween comes. Some people are getting away from Christ because they think it's all about hell. In the end I think it's you're heart that's going to be judged and that's on halloween and any other day.

I agree Raziel,
    I would like to see the church plan a concert targeted towards the youth that will promote the gospel during that time instead of providing candy and dressing up in costumes and jumping on inflatable slides, etc., which gives the appearance of celebrating halloween.  I would prefer halloween didn't exist.  One year I planned a bonfire, hobo party for my daughter and her cross country team with a sleep over.  I had them go on a scavenger hunt and it happened about two weeks after halloween.  The kids had a blast and all got dressed up like hobos.  I read them a story of a friend of mine that lives a lot like a hobo but does so to travel and show God's love to people.

Welcome to HN, Raziel,
    Kathi

I agree for the most part. Maybe just let little kids dress up just because they are little kids and kids play dress up all the time so it's nothing new. The candy can stay. The theme however would be Jesus and how he gave the treat of eternal life which is free.
    There are churches that do what we say so the kids don't go out and get robbed and get into occult stuff through the holiday. You don't need to take away dress up or candy to chase away the devil but just call the name of Jesus.

Also one of my big issues with the church is not the self discipline of refusing to celebrate due to faith but going out and saying you're going to hell through this holiday and having people hate Christians because of this. they will repent once they get close to Christ and therefore it's Christians job to spread the word and once they are ready they will grow out childish things such as dressing up.

Raziel
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 12 2011,10:52)
    Irene,

I'm with you on this one – a thousand times “NO!”

While I'm troubled by most of the posts in this thread, I can't really say that I'm surprised.  After all, we live in a time when homosexuals are welcomed into our churches with open arms.  And the young, unmarried couples who are living together are welcomed even more.

The god of this age tells us it's okay to watch filthy TV shows like “Family Guy” and “Three and a Half Men”, and movies like the Twilight trilogy and Harry Potter, etc.  He tells us it's okay for young girls to attend Sunday service wearing cleavage revealing tank and tube tops.

So it doesn't surprise me in the least that many people think it is okay to celebrate and support a day that glamorizes and glorifies Satan, demons, devils, the living dead, witches, warlocks, ghosts, wizards etc.  And saying “Well, MY kid is going as Spiderman” doesn't forgive the fact that your kid is still participating in a ritual that glorifies the occult and many things that God Himself SPECIFICALLY told us He hated, IMO.

If your kid likes to dress in costumes, throw him a costume party that is unrelated to Halloween and all the things it stands for.  Have in it February or something.  :)  

I no longer have any part of Halloween, because we are to do ALL things to the glory of God.  And I can't see how God receives ANY glory at all through Halloween customs.  I judge no one in this post, but merely state my humble opinion.

Jehovah, lead me NOT into temptation, but deliver me FROM all evil.

peace and love to you all,
    mike

I agree on the homosexuals. One thing I look at i that one thing that spawned this up is people going out with signs saying hates faggots. I believe myself you turn people away from sin by sharing Christ and through Christ they will grow and drop their sin.
    If the person is a christian member how ever one should bluntly say that is wrong and you need to repent, unless you know that person is still growing in Christ. That is the reason I disagree with the God hates faggots signs. So some churches realize the signs do more damage than good by chasing people away from Christianity and responded with the lie saying it's all okay because God made you that way and God loves everyone. God does love everyone but wants us to turn from sin. Most defenses against homosexual have been this. One defense I heard was back in the biblical times they were trying to procreate and homosexuality was abominable because that didn't help with procreating. I disagree with defense and find it blasphemous to say something was added to the bible because of man's input. i think of the word as 100% God's word.

Worse yet the false god also says it's okay to have sex as long as you are safe and use a condom. Some one told me that a flavored condom doesn't promote oral sex, I had to bite my tongue because God doesn't like cursing and the first thought of mine was bs. When I lived on campus I heard other students planing sex with condoms at hand. The worst part being that's part of the sex ed class and I have seen some christian communities pass out condoms.

I absolutely love your opinion on halloween. One thing though if you take satan out and add Jesus then date doesn't matter.
    Also one thing that gets me the things they do in the occult and what people do at halloween are very different things. Yeah some people do dress as ghouls and all that but as I mentioned many times before saying you're going to hell isn't going to change anyone's minds. I'm still thinking God check where your heart is more than what you wearing. In the real halloween people get burned, black magick is used hexas and etc. Most people don't do that and if they countered the people really do celebrate satan those people will probably look at the mainstream like one big joke. The mainstream doesn't do it right so it's not really halloween but just parties and free candy and no real satanic ritual.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Raziel @ Oct. 12 2011,13:25)
    That is the reason I disagree with the God hates faggots signs.

Leviticus 20:13
    If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

I stand by GOD'S words, not our politically correct culture.  (Also read Lev 18:22, Rom 1:27, 1 Tim 1:9-10 and 1 Cor 6:9-10.)

The American society has gone from hating them publically to hating them privately to slowly accepting them as “normal people” to holding them in an even higher regard than heterosexuals.  There's hardly a program on TV anymore where a gay character isn't shoved down our throats as such a cool, funny, smart and NORMAL guy.  I find that to be an assault on God Himself and what HE wants for us.

So while you won't ever see me holding a sign that says, “God hates faggots” – those words are scripturally true.

To answer your question, Halloween is simply another normal day in my life.

peace,
    mike

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (Raziel @ Oct. 13 2011,05:46)
    Before I reply to any of these quotes I have a question. What are you all going to do on halloween?  Normal day? Christian halloween? Got something planed that so happens to be on halloween on coincidence?  

I was going to evening church but was wrongly told it took place on a Sunday and it turns out it's a Monday. It just might be a normal day for me. I don't dress up myself because I think that's childish to pretend to be something cool satanic or not. I do got to admit as a person who's first words were candy bar I would take a chance on free candy. I doubt it will happen because unless a church has a party I don't think I will go to one myself.

What am I going to do on Halloween? Go to bed early…. Or read a good Book…. Or crochet… Where we live no children come to our door… lucky us….Peae Irene

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 13 2011,10:03)

If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

I stand by GOD'S words, not our politically correct culture.  (Also read Lev 18:22, Rom 1:27, 1 Tim 1:9-10 and 1 Cor 6:9-10.)

The American society has gone from hating them publically to hating them privately to slowly accepting them as “normal people” to holding them in an even higher regard than heterosexuals.  There's hardly a program on TV anymore where a gay character isn't shoved down our throats as such a cool, funny, smart and NORMAL guy.  I find that to be an assault on God Himself and what HE wants for us.

So while you won't ever see me holding a sign that says, “God hates faggots” – those words are scripturally true.

peace,
    mike

I agree Mike…. Peace Irene

princess
    Participant

So Mike, when is the last time you killed a homsexual?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Never, Princess.

princess
    Participant

So the passage you present 'they must be put to death' means what to you?

Raziel
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 13 2011,10:03)

peace,
    mike

Yes lets all kills some gays an get thrown in prison for Christ.
    1 Corinthians 6:9-10
    9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men[a] 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Timothy chapter 1:8-11
    8 We know that the law is good if one uses it properly. 9 We also know that the law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, 10 for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality, for slave traders and liars and perjurers—and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine 11 that conforms to the gospel concerning the glory of the blessed God, which he entrusted to me.

We can throw out all the homosexual verses we want but that doesn't change the fact the signs turn people from christ. Not to mention if the followed forget signs bring the stones or guns in our age.

What do you think a good christian would do about a homosexual?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 124 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account