Satan

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 388 total)
  • Author
    chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Elizabeth @ Feb. 15 2010,21:24)
    1. Do you believe in the trinity?
    2. Do you believe in the equality of Jesus to the Father?
    3. Do you believe man has a soul?
    4. Do you believe mans soul is immortal?
    5. Do you believe Jesus was bodily resurrected?
    6. Do you believe all the dead will be resurrected in the millennium?

Georg.
    I notice you neglected to answer the question I proposed to you in my last post. Nevertheless I will answer your questions.

1. No. God is one, not three.

2. No,

3. No, man “is” a soul, made up of 'the dust of the earth', and the 'spirit of God'. Death is a 'return', the spirit returns to God, the flesh returns to the earth.

4. No, see answer to 3.

5. He was resurrected.

6. No, all will be resurrected at the “consummation” (1Cor.15:20-28), when God will be “ALL IN ALL”.

Now if you will kindly answer my question in the previous post…

Blessings, Jerry.

Elizabeth
    Participant

Jerry

On 3, man is made up of the dust and a spirit/mind, but it is not the Spirit of God. God's Holy Spirit is only given to those that except Jesus as their savior, and believe the word of God.
    #5 does not answer the question.
    On 6, you believe the resurrection will occur after the millennium? if yes; what would you say is the millennium for?
    As far as your question, would you be so kind and repeat it, I want to be sure I answer the right one.

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Georg,
    Only those who accept Jesus and believe the Word of God will be saved??
    Where is this new way written?

Intellectual agreement saves nobody.
    Even having faith only lifts men to the level of demons.[Jas]

Elizabeth
    Participant

Nick

Gal 3:26 ¶ For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

Georg

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Georg………the Millennial reign of Jesus is for only one reason, to prove a very bg Point . That point is that even though (EVIL) is completely removed from Man and the earth, Man could still never attain true righteousness without GOD  Being (IN) HIM and Guiding HIM in HIS Mind. GOD foreseeing that Man would in the future say they could have worked righteousness themselves by there own so-called”FREE WILL” Choices, Gave a thousand years to man without any influence of EVIL and afterwards when EVIL was released again on the Earth what Happened. They came together and Made war against Jesus and the saints. This proves a Hugh Point that without GOD residing (IN) us we could never maintain Righteousness on our OWN> This is a Hugh Point God the FATHER wants to drive HOME to all of US, we need Him to be (IN) us for ever in order to walk right. The resurection takes place after the thousand year period not during. “FOR THE REST OF THE DEAD LIVED NOT AGAIN TILL AFTER THE THOUSAND YEARS WERE FINISHED”.  Georg think about it.

Peace and love to you and IRENE…………..gene

terraricca
    Participant

gene

it appears more that you are not to accept your responsibility to accept Christ and God as your saviors.
    by given out your will,from your own freewill you will stay in his will for ever knowing and understand
    that there is no better way than the way of God.this is reconciliation

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Feb. 16 2010,15:12)
    Georg………the Millennial reign of Jesus is for only one reason, to prove a very bg Point . That point is that even though (EVIL) is completely removed from Man and the earth, Man could still never attain true righteousness without GOD  Being (IN) HIM and Guiding HIM in HIS Mind. GOD foreseeing that Man would in the future say they could have worked righteousness themselves by there own so-called”FREE WILL” Choices, Gave a thousand years to man without any influence of EVIL and afterwards when EVIL was released again on the Earth what Happened. They came together and Made war against Jesus and the saints. This proves a Hugh Point that without GOD residing (IN) us we could never maintain Righteousness on our OWN> This is a Hugh Point God the FATHER wants to drive HOME to all of US, we need Him to be (IN) us for ever in order to walk right. The resurection takes place after the thousand year period not during. “FOR THE REST OF THE DEAD LIVED NOT AGAIN TILL AFTER THE THOUSAND YEARS WERE FINISHED”.  Georg think about it.

Peace and love to you and IRENE…………..gene

Gene

You have a problem calling Satan what he is, don't you.
    Let me ask you just two simple questions.
    One; how do you destroy death?
    Two; how do you destroy hell/grave?

Georg

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Georg………. Answer to question One , you abolish it, answer to question two, you abolish it.

Look up the WORD SATAN, You will find it means (ADVERSARY) and do you really think that there is only one being that is an adversary of GOD. Adversary is (NOT) a Being it is a Spirit (intellect) and can be in anyone at any time. When Jesus called PETER SATAN , Peter was acting as and adversary of GOD, that is why Jesus said He did not percieve the things of GOD at the time. The prince of the power of the air working in the Childern of disobedience is the Adversarial Spirit (intellect) working in High Places and controlling the world. It is not a SATAN (BEING) of some Kind going around jumping in and out of People it is SPIRIT (INTELLECT). One of the GREATEST False teaching of the apostate church is the doctrine about devils and demons are INVISIBLE (BEINGS) controlling people. While it is a ADVERSARIAL Spirit (intellect) it still is NOT A BEING an individual person. IMO

peace an dlove to you and Irene……………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Words have meanings but that does not deny the teachings of Jesus about the devil, Satan.
    You are not greater than the Master and it would be wiser to align with him.

terraricca
    Participant

gene

Satan ,is adversary to God,and some people are doing exactly that ,how by telling that Satan does not exist,that there is no freewill and so men are free of sin and not guilty.and that it is God s fault all what ever happened in the world.
    that is evil.

igorwulff
    Participant

Gene,

Peter was at that very moment opposing Yeshua, so he was called a Satan, perhaps because at that moment he was doing what Satan wanted. Peter is of course a great brother of us, and we all make mistakes, he really loved Yeshua and didn't want him to die and didn't really understood at that moment, what needed to be done.

But Satan is a fallen angel, the bible is very clear on this, especially in the New Testament, but also in the Old Testament.

terraricca
    Participant

igor

wen Jesus called Peter Satan he means that what he was saying was opposed to Gods will.and this would connect him to Satan,many men can be called Satan in the same way,any one who works against Gods will could be called Satan or adversary .this does not means that Satan is not a angel who fell from grace.but he is the mark of the name.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To All……there is no scripture that say Satan is a Angelic being of any kind, there are seven Spirits or intellects from GOD and that includes the adversarial Spirit or intellect. At first this may seem bad , but in fact it is not, because an adversarial Spirit (intellect) can also be good if applied the right way, as an example in Jobs case. It produced a contrary view of Jobs obedience to YHWH, It also was a force in fixing Job potential Problems of self righteousness. God used this Spirit (intellect) to inflect JOB and His environment. To bring him to repentance and abhorrence of SELF. HE HAD HEARD OF GOD BY THE HEARING OF THE EARS BUT NOW HE Saw HIM , AND AS A RESULT REPENT IN DUST AND ASHES AND ABHOR (HIMSELF). Then GOD took away the Adversarial Spirit away from Job, it had served it's purpose. This Spirit is one of the Seven of GOD and goes to and fro through out the earth it is an (INTELLECT OF GOD). IT IS ONLY WHEN THAT SPIRIT (INTELLECT) IS AGAINST GOD HIMSELF IS IT EVIL. This spirit helps us see both sides of things and can be used for good also. The LORD YHWH uses it himself to further His Plans in His creation…………There are no SATAN BEINGS, there is ADVERSARIAL SPIRITS (INTELLECTS) and when These conflict with GOD'S WILL they are EVIL. IMO

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    So you say.
    But who are you compared with Jesus and his apostles?

terraricca
    Participant

gene

that s devil talk,who are you to twist the scriptures that way you have only one example in the scriptures of someone doing just that he is called SATAN.ref;Gen;3

igorwulff
    Participant

Gene, what about Jude 1:9 and that dispute between Michael and Satan?

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Elizabeth @ Feb. 16 2010,07:41)
    Jerry

On 3, man is made up of the dust and a spirit/mind, but it is not the Spirit of God. God's Holy Spirit is only given to those that except Jesus as their savior, and believe the word of God.
    On 6, you believe the resurrection will occur after the millennium? if yes; what would you say is the millennium for?
    As far as your question, would you be so kind and repeat it, I want to be sure I answer the right one.

Georg

Georg.

#3. Man is soil and returns to the soil (Gen.3:19). The spirit returns to God who gave it (Ecc.12:7). The soul returns to the unseen whence it came (Psa.9:17 and Acts 2:27,31). In fact Job speaks of death itself as a return when he says:

#5. Would you be more specific on your question, i'm not sure what you mean.

#6. I believe there are more than one resurrection, it is quite clear in 1Cor.15: …22 For even as, in Adam, all are dying, thus also, in Christ, shall all be vivified.
    23 Yet each in his own class: the Firstfruit, Christ; thereupon ;
    24 thereafter the consummation, whenever He may be giving up the kingdom to His God and Father, whenever He should be nullifying all sovereignty and all authority and power.

Notice. 1) the Firstfruit, Christ…
    2) those who are Christ's in His presence (1Thes.4:17)
    3) thereafter the consummation…

You ask 'what is the millenium for'. This would be a long answer, perhaps a new thread would be in order.
    I'l give a brief answer for now, I'll not include any scripture at this time:- When Christ returns, and a “New Covenant” is made with Israel, Christ will rule as 'King' and His chosen people, Israel, will rule for 1000 years of peace.
    There is much more to it, but this is my very brief point of view. Like I said, maybe a new thread on this topic is an option.

The question I asked was in regards to the thread “Satan' page four: So when you said…
    “Changing the meaning of the words is nothing more then calling God a liar”.

My answer…
    “Please show me which quote that you say I said, that says “Changing the meaning of the words is nothing more then calling God a liar”.

Blessings, Jerry.

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Feb. 17 2010,04:44)
    Georg………. Answer to question One , you abolish it, answer to question two, you abolish it.

Look up the WORD SATAN, You will find it means (ADVERSARY) and do you really think that there is only one being that is an adversary of GOD. Adversary is (NOT) a Being it is a Spirit (intellect) and can be in anyone at any time. When Jesus called PETER SATAN , Peter was acting as and adversary of GOD, that is why Jesus said He did not percieve the things of GOD at the time. The prince of the power of the air working in the Childern of disobedience is the Adversarial Spirit (intellect) working in High Places and controlling the world. It is not a SATAN (BEING) of some Kind going around jumping in and out of People it is SPIRIT (INTELLECT). One of the GREATEST False teaching of the apostate church is the doctrine about devils and demons are INVISIBLE (BEINGS)  controlling people. While it is a ADVERSARIAL Spirit (intellect) it still is NOT A BEING an individual person.  IMO

peace an dlove to you and Irene……………gene

Gene

Did you know the Bible says there is some one that has power over death?

Hbr 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil.

And the Devil/Satan is the last to be destroyed.

1Cr 15:26 The last enemy [that] shall be destroyed is death.

That is how you destroy death and hell/grave. Sin causes death; no more Devil/Satan, no more sin; no more sin, no more death; no more death, no more grave.
    You call it whatever you want, I call it what the Bible calls it.

Georg

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Feb. 17 2010,06:09)
    To All……there is no scripture that say Satan is a Angelic being of any kind, there are seven Spirits or intellects from GOD and that includes the adversarial Spirit or intellect. At first this may seem bad , but in fact it is not, because an adversarial Spirit (intellect) can also be good if applied the right way, as an example in Jobs case. It produced a contrary view of Jobs obedience to YHWH, It also was a force in fixing Job potential Problems of self righteousness. God used this Spirit (intellect) to inflect  JOB and His environment.  To bring him to repentance and abhorrence of SELF. HE HAD HEARD OF GOD BY THE HEARING OF THE EARS BUT NOW HE Saw HIM , AND AS A RESULT REPENT IN DUST AND ASHES AND ABHOR (HIMSELF).  Then GOD took away the Adversarial Spirit away from Job, it had served it's purpose. This Spirit is one of the Seven of GOD and goes to and fro through out the earth it is an (INTELLECT OF GOD). IT IS ONLY WHEN THAT SPIRIT (INTELLECT) IS AGAINST GOD HIMSELF IS IT EVIL. This spirit helps us see both sides of things and can be used for good also.  The LORD YHWH uses it himself to further His Plans in His creation…………There are no SATAN BEINGS, there is ADVERSARIAL SPIRITS (INTELLECTS) and when These conflict with GOD'S WILL they are EVIL.  IMO

Gene

Do you believe God's Holy Spirit is a person?
    Do you know what the number 7 is called in biblical term?

Georg

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ Feb. 18 2010,06:10)

Quote (Elizabeth @ Feb. 16 2010,07:41)
    Jerry

Georg

Georg.

#3.   Man is soil and returns to the soil (Gen.3:19). The spirit returns to God who gave it (Ecc.12:7). The soul returns to the unseen whence it came (Psa.9:17 and Acts 2:27,31). In fact Job speaks of death itself as a return when he says:

#5.   Would you be more specific on your question, i'm not sure what you mean.

#6.   I believe there are more than one resurrection, it is quite clear in 1Cor.15:   …22 For even as, in Adam, all are dying, thus also, in Christ, shall all be vivified.
    23 Yet each in his own class: the Firstfruit, Christ; thereupon ;
    24 thereafter the consummation, whenever He may be giving up the kingdom to His God and Father, whenever He should be nullifying all sovereignty and all authority and power.

Notice. 1) the Firstfruit, Christ…
                 2) those who are Christ's in His presence (1Thes.4:17)
                 3) thereafter the consummation…

You ask 'what is the millenium for'.  This would be a long answer, perhaps a new thread would be in order.
      I'l give a brief answer for now, I'll not include any scripture at this time:-  When Christ returns, and a “New Covenant” is made with Israel, Christ will rule as 'King' and His chosen people, Israel, will rule for 1000 years of peace.
      There is much more to it, but this is my very brief point of view.  Like I said, maybe a new thread on this topic is an option.

The question I asked was in regards to the thread “Satan' page four:   So when you said…
    “Changing the meaning of the words is nothing more then calling God a liar”.

My answer…
    “Please show me which quote that you say I said, that  says “Changing the meaning of the words is nothing more then calling God a liar”.

Blessings, Jerry.

Jerry

These are your words.

“””Moreover, an examination of the Hebrew text, will convince any one that the evidence for the title “Lucifer” is exceedingly slight. It is precisely the same word as the translators rendered “howl” in Zech.11:2. In the feminine it occurs again in this very chapter, at the beginning of verse 31. In slightly different forms it is found in Isaiah ten times, and it is always rendered howl (13:6; 15:2,3; 16:7,7; 23:1,6,14; 52:5; 65:14). There is no valid reason why Isaiah 14:12 should not be rendered, “Howl!” instead of “Lucifer.” This name is a human invention, and should have no place in the Scriptures.”””
    ——————————————————–

What, or who, gives you the right to determine what is, and what is not, a human invention. The Bible says “Lucifer”, I can see were that gives you a problem, but it is your problem, not no one else's.

On 5. the question was; do you believe he was “bodily” resurrected?

Georg

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 388 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account