Salvation

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 86 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Jerry,

I see no benefit in giving an example from scripture as you, yourself read scripture and yet do not believe what it says. If you choose not to believe scripture then why would you believe me when I say the same thing.

Jesus taught in parable the same lesson even stating that if one came back from the dead they would not believe if they do not believe what is written in the books of Mosses, Luke 16:31.

God has given you that truth and Satan and his minions like the birds of the air have come and snatched it from your heart as you have taken the wrong path.

Please come back to the right path and change your ways and your actions and seek to overcome all your sins for God is able and will do it for you. Jesus carried along by the Spirit of God promised that when he stated that if you hungered and thirsted for righteousness you will be filled with the ability to stop sinning, Matthew 5:6. You must believe that promise and that it is for you even though those that heard it directly were Jews.

Your fellow student,

Kerwin

chosenone
    Participant

kerwin.

I see no benefit in giving an example from scripture as you, yourself read scripture and yet do not believe what it says. If you choose not to believe scripture then why would you believe me when I say the same thing.

You accuse, but won't show me anywhere what you are accusing me of. It so easy to say “If you choose not to believe scripture”, but don't give me an example of where I said something unscriptural, then you accuse unjustly. Here's a scripture that may fit your description… ” For we are not daring to judge ourselves by, or compare ourselves with, some who are commending themselves. But they, measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves with themselves, do not understand”.

If you have any honesty, you would not accuse someone of not understanding scripure, and not show proof. How is one to defend himself?
    Do not bear false witness.

Jerry.

JustAskin
    Participant

Jerry,

What Karmarie wrote is correct.

Beware how you belittle the words of those who speak truth – I have warned you before on this and others also.

How many times are you going to post this nonesense? What is it you fear – that you can do what you like and still be saved.

I am getting a feeling that I know what your problem is.

You have done something AWFUL in the past…

Jerry, talking yourself into believing that even the wicked will be saved is not the way to gain salvation. Pray to God through Jesus and beg for his forgiveness – repent of your sin(s), confess your new loyalty and commitment to follow Jesus and ask for the guidance of God's Holy Spirit.

Even Saul/Paul who helped murder the early Jewish Christians was 'forgiven' – you can too, if you truly confess. We cannot and don't judge – for your sin is greater than that which can be judged by man (That is, IMPARTIALLY).

Seek the least, seek life in Christ on Paradise Earth.
    But first:
     confess your sins;
     repress your fleshly desires;
     profess your belief in God, and in Christ;

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi JA,
    What an odd accusation.
    Are you free from sin and able to cast such stones?
    Every man is capable of any sin -there but for the grace of God we all are.

All have sinned.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To ALL ………..Here is a Key …………except you become as a little Child you shall in no wise enter into the kingdom of GOD. Figure that out and you have all the answers you need. I have heard all kinds of answers as to what that means. But i have come to a conclusion there is only one way for that to happen. You must recieve a complete new Body and start over with different Spirit added in it. The old must be completely done away with for ever, and a new existence take place Just as when a Child is born and His existence is New , so must it happen again to Us. We must truly be born again, we must become again little Childern and recieve new Spirit into our new bodies. And then we will be as little childern again. Our minds will be pure and our perceptions clear and honest and we will speak from our hearts as we did when we were little childern. IMO

peace and love to you all…………………………gene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ July 12 2010,04:36)
    Hi karmarie.

Hi Barley and Nick, if I understand right , Paul when speaking of “Isreal” is speaking of the “New Isreal” Isreal became all who followed Christ, it was no longer a nation or race. It was Jews and Gentiles, together. Believers in Christ, which is why “all Isreal will be saved”

It seems this is a popular teaching among many denomonations, but I don't believe there is any scripture that support this view.  If you have scripture that refers to that would you please show it?
      Thank you.

Blessings,  Jerry.

CO

understanding does not come from reading scriptures to the letter but by understanding them in God intended plan and spirit.

Pierre

karmarie
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 09 2010,04:44)
    Karmarie………….It is that simple, But what you left out is that you must believe (FROM the HEART) GOD did Raise Jesus from the Grave. Many say this but do the (TRULY) believe from the HEART?>  The Key is to believe from the Heart. Does the reality of God raising  Jesus from the dead dwell in you Heart?.  Saying it and truly believing it are two different things. IMO

If GOD the Father has put this in you Heart to believe then YOU (ARE) Saved and (Nothing) can separate you from GOD, Not you or anyone else can. Because greater is he that is in you then he that is in the earth , and that includes us all who are in the earth.

Many profess GOD but deny the Power there of. IMO

peace and love to you and yours………………………gene

Hi Gene. I believe Jesus was raised from the dead, that he was risen and seen in the flesh, just as the scriptures say, I believe it without any doubt at all in my mind, even though it was thousands of years ago. So I believe its true. Is that what you meant or something else?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ July 10 2010,16:35)
    Hi kerwin.

You must understand that Jesus was “commissioned” to “the lost sheep of the house of Israel”.  His commission was to them, and to them only.  

God Bless,  Jerry.

Hi Chosenone,

Is this verse in your Concordant Bible? Or did 'they' forget to put it in?

Isaiah 49:6: And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob,
    and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles,
    that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ July 12 2010,04:36)
    Hi karmarie.

Hi Barley and Nick, if I understand right , Paul when speaking of “Isreal” is speaking of the “New Isreal” Isreal became all who followed Christ, it was no longer a nation or race. It was Jews and Gentiles, together. Believers in Christ, which is why “all Isreal will be saved”

It seems this is a popular teaching among many denomonations, but I don't believe there is any scripture that support this view.  If you have scripture that refers to that would you please show it?
      Thank you.

Blessings,  Jerry.

Hi Chosenone,

Keep asking questions Jerry, that's how you learn! (Matt.7:7 / 2Tm.2;13)

Isaiah 45:17 But Israel shall be saved in the LORD with an everlasting salvation:
    ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end. (Ephesians 3:21)

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

karmarie
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ July 12 2010,06:36)
    Hi karmarie.

Thank you.

Blessings,  Jerry.

Hi Jerry.

Try reading this maybe,

http://www.thebibleistheotherside.org/currentarticlep15p7-8.htm

Theres 8 or more parts to it also though,

karmarie
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 12 2010,17:26)
    To ALL ………..Here is a Key …………except you become as a little Child you shall in no wise enter into the kingdom of GOD. Figure that out and you have all the answers you need.  I have heard all kinds of answers as to what that means. But i have come to a conclusion there is only one way for that to happen. You must recieve a complete new Body and start over with different Spirit added in it. The old must be completely done away with for ever, and a new existence take place Just as when a Child is born and His existence is New , so must it happen again to Us. We must truly be born again, we must become again little Childern and recieve new Spirit into our new bodies. And then we will be as little childern again. Our minds will be pure and our perceptions clear and honest and we will speak from our hearts as we did when we were little childern.  IMO

peace and love to you all…………………………gene

Gene, thats true, also children are teachable, they want to learn and listen, also they need a good caregiver, who they can trust and depend on to love them, keep them safe and lead them the right way which is what we need to do, trust our Heavenly Father that he will lead us the right way, and that he will look after and care for us (without doubting). Its amazing what can happen.

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ July 08 2010,23:47)
    Good question Chosenone, I wonder that too.

Good answer Gene

Good post Barley but can it really be as easy as you and Malysc say? So I can say Jesus is Lord, then believe God raised him from the dead, and im saved? Even if I then go on to commit horrible crimes, etc etc, never giving another thought to God not another prayer, nothing.

It cant be that easy.

Many will say 'Lord Lord' but He never knew them. They are workers of lawlessness?

Greetings K……SAVED FROM WHAT ???….Salvation is a gift from God that upon receipt we will be members of the God family…and that is not going to happen until Jesus returns and sets up his kingdom/government…

kerwin
    Participant

Jerry,

There is only one gospel in scripture and therefore if I show one that is there any other message of gospel is a false message.  You seem to want to believe in a gospel of half truths for your own reasons.  I rebuked and continue to rebuke you for that foolish choice.

I then pointed to the promise of God that he would stop you from sinning.  This promise is based in the nature of the one and only God who commands his people to obey all his dictates and is willing to empower his people to do so for he can do anything but sin.

This promise is a foundation stone of the gospel for it is fulfilled by the covenant sealed and thus signed with the blood of Jesus the Anointed.  So just as Abraham believed God and it was credited to him as faith those who believe Jesus on this and other promises will have it credited to them as righteousness but they also will at the proper time obtain real righteousness as the promise is fulfilled by them stopping to sin.  The promise will be fulfilled when they become fully mature in the Anointed One and so walk according to the ways of the spirit of righteousness at all times.

That promise contradicts the teachings you choose to believe and so reveals them as teaching of the Devil.  That promise was spoken to the Jews under the old covenant but meant for both Jews and Gentiles under the new for Jesus was speaking of what would be and not what was as the Spirit of righteousness did not come until the new covenant was enacted.

I fear for your spiritual health as you must believe this and other promises of God in order to be on the path of righteousness.

Your fellow student,

Kerwin

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin………..Actually it was Righteousness that was accredited to Abraham because of His faith. Scripture says God looked for (ONE) righteous man and found none. Therefore he took it upon his own arm to bring salvation. Jesus said why call me good there is only one who is good and that is GOD.

peace and love…………………….gene

kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

I did state that God credited Abraham because he believed what God stated.

I then pointed out that those who believed that God would stop them from sinning would be credited with righteousness as well.   This credit serves them until, when and after they have stopped sinning through the power of God because God will do as he promises that he will do it when he determines and not us.

In order to believe you must be sure you can and will stop sinning in this world and that God will use his power for that purpose.  Since faith can move mountains it can stop you from sinning.

Your fellow student,

Kerwin

chosenone
    Participant

kerwin.
    Thanks for your opinion, thats all it is,”your opinion”. There is no point in me debating you if you only state your so-called opinion on what I believe. You never seem to quote scripture that applies to your beliefs, and never use any of my posts that you so falsely interpert as being “unbiblical”.
    Corresponding with you is like blowing into the wind, no substance, just opinions of yours, that have no scripture to prove your understanding has any merrit.
    Again, your accusations that my beliefs are false, hold no credibility unless you show me specifically when and where I stated such, and show scripture that refutes it.
    “Do not bear false witness” fits your accusations.

A “fellow student”, implies you're eager to learn, not accuse!

Blessings, Jerry.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ July 13 2010,06:36)
    kerwin.
      Thanks for your opinion, thats all it is,”your opinion”.  There is no point in me debating you if you only state your so-called opinion on what I believe.  You never seem to quote scripture that applies to your beliefs, and never use any of my posts that you so falsely interpert as being “unbiblical”.  
      Corresponding with you is like blowing into the wind, no substance, just opinions of yours, that have no scripture to prove your understanding has any merrit.  
      Again, your accusations that my beliefs are false, hold no credibility unless you show me specifically when and where I stated such, and show scripture that refutes it.

Blessings,  Jerry.

hi CO

at the least KERWIN does not try to sell something that is contrary to the scriptures and twist them so it fit his opinion like you do,

Pierre

chosenone
    Participant

terraricca.

hi CO

at the least KERWIN does not try to sell something that is contrary to the scriptures and twist them so it fit his opinion like you do,

Same old story. You accuse me of “twisting scripture”, yet you never show me any quote that I have made that you can say is me “twisting scripture”. Your accusations are 'false witnessing', you are familiar with the result of doing so.
    So AGAIN, I charge you to show me in any of my posts, where you say I have “twisted scripure”. I'm sure you won't do so, but will continue to lie about it. Very unchristian, God isn't pleased with you for doing this.

Waiting patiently for your proof of my “twisted scripture”.

Jerry.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ July 13 2010,09:57)
    terraricca.

hi CO

Same old story.  You accuse me of “twisting scripture”, yet you never show me any quote that I have made that you can say is me “twisting scripture”.  Your accusations are 'false witnessing', you are familiar with the result of doing so.
      So AGAIN, I charge you to show me in any of my posts, where you say I have “twisted scripure”.  I'm sure you won't do so, but will continue to lie about it.  Very unchristian, God isn't pleased with you for doing this.

Waiting patiently for your proof of my “twisted scripture”.

Jerry.

CO

i let your own quotes talk to all who willing to lessen.

Pierre

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ July 13 2010,06:36)
    kerwin.
      Thanks for your opinion, thats all it is,”your opinion”.  There is no point in me debating you if you only state your so-called opinion on what I believe.  You never seem to quote scripture that applies to your beliefs, and never use any of my posts that you so falsely interpert as being “unbiblical”.  

Blessings,  Jerry.

Hi Chosenone,

Kerwin's opinions (as 'you' call them) have much Scriptural backing! (1Cor.14:24)
    2Tm.3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

The power of the Gospel is to stop sinning!

There is only one way to be perfect and that’s to stop sinning (Matt. 5:48)! This
    (I believe) can only be done with the Holy Spirit tabernacleing on the inside (Heb. 8:10).

A progression away from the old sinful nature:

1John has a progression away from sin. Starting at 1John 1:8:
    “If we say we have no sin we deceive ourselves”…
    Sinners practice sin!

Progressing to 1John 3:9: “Whoever is born of God does not commit sin;
    For his seed remainith in him: and he cannot sin (AS A USUAL PRACTICE),
    because he is borne of God.”
    Practice of sin diminishes!

Finishing in 1John 5:18: “We know that whosoever is borne of God SINNETH NOT;
    But he that is begotten of God keepeth (GUARDS) himself,
    and that wicked one (Satan) toucheth him not.
    All sinning STOPS; fulfilling Matt. 5:48! (Eph.4:13)

God bless
    Ed J
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.com

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 86 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account