Sabbath

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 929 total)
  • Author
    charity
    Participant

Cause the Sun go down at Noon; cofuddle

Isa 60:20 Thy sun shall no more go down; neither shall thy moon withdraw itself: for the LORD shall be thine everlasting light, and the days of thy mourning shall be ended.
    Amo 8:9 And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the Lord GOD, that I will cause the sun to go down at noon, and I will darken the earth in the clear day:
    Mic 3:6 Therefore night [shall be] unto you, that ye shall not have a vision; and it shall be dark unto you, that ye shall not divine; and the sun shall go down over the prophets, and the day shall be dark over them.

charity
    Participant

Judah transgressed the covenant OF mercy

Hsa 6:1 ¶ Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up. 2 After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight. 3 Then shall we know, [if] we follow on to know the LORD: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter [and] former rain unto the earth. 4 ¶ O Ephraim, what shall I do unto thee? O Judah, what shall I do unto thee? for your goodness [is] as a morning cloud, and as the early dew it goeth away.
    5 Therefore have I hewed [them] by the prophets; I have slain them by the words of my mouth: and thy judgments [are as] the light [that] goeth forth.
    6 For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings. :7 But they like men have transgressed the covenant: there have they dealt treacherously against me.

Rom 9:28 For he will finish the work, and cut [it] short in righteousness: because a short work will the Lord make upon the earth. 29 And as Esaias said before, Except the Lord of Sabaoth had left us a seed, we had been as Sodoma, and been made like unto Gomorrha.
    Rom 9:32 Wherefore? Because [they sought it] not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone; 33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Hbr 4:3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

Hbr 4:4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh [day] on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works. 5 And in this [place] again, If they shall enter into my rest. 6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief: 7 Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
    8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day. 9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. 10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God [did] from his.
    11 ¶ Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (charity @ Aug. 24 2007,19:25)

Quote (kejonn @ Aug. 24 2007,14:29)
    The only other calendar I recall mentioning was the Gregorian (which we use), but the days are basically the same. We just consider a day as midnight to midnight rather than evening to evening.

Thanks Kejonn
    It’s interesting; which half of the half day is the true Sabbath time then?

Sunset is the end of the day light for a day? And it rises for a new day?

Would it not be a little confusing also; the sunset in the sixth hour; while he was on the cross?

Perhaps God ended that day short; for the Lord of the Sabbath; some how also to  make us understand that there is a seventh day rest; to be honour; for the new creation which cannot be entered by the way of Law

:) charity

charity,
    I'm not sure what you are saying but God's days start from sunset to sunset. His New Year I believe starts in the Spring NOT the dead of winter.

I never did understand why the winter would be the start of the year, everything is DEAD! How could it be NEW :laugh:

Peace Sis,

Ken

kejonn
    Participant

Hey Ken,

Here's a thought: if the Sabbath is from sundown Friday to three stars appear in the sky on Saturday night, what happens to people in parts of the world where daylight or dark could be 20+ hours depending on the time of the year? For instance, places in Alaska can have 24 hours of daylight or 24 hours of night. So folks living there could either have a very short or long Sabbath :laugh:.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Aug. 25 2007,02:49)
    Hey Ken,

Here's a thought: if the Sabbath is from sundown Friday to three stars appear in the sky on Saturday night, what happens to people in parts of the world where daylight or dark could be 20+ hours depending on the time of the year? For instance, places in Alaska can have 24 hours of daylight or 24 hours of night. So folks living there could either have a very short or long Sabbath :laugh:.

I don't know. That may be hard to believe but I don't know :laugh: :p :D

I would imagine that they would use the clock and calendar.

May be that's another reason why we keep the Sabbath spiritual.

Lets say a person gets confused and starts keeping the wrong day. It's the heart! It's spiritual NOT physical. What do you think God would do? Well ok then it would be alright to keep the sixth day spiritual NO! Because you would be deliberately breaking the forth commandment.

Peace and Love,

Ken

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

to all…..> The sabbathe starts at sundown Friday night and ends at sundown saturday, and Charity, the First day of the year in the Hebrew calander was the first day of Nican, which was around our March-April time of the our spring time . And on the 14 day of Nican was the passover, the lamb was Killed before sunset on the 13 day and was eaten at the beginning of the 14th day and is called the night to be much remembered ., remember when the death angle passed over the Houses that had the Blood of the lamb on the door post of their Houses, like wise we are passed over when the blood of Gods Lamb (Jesus) is applied to our Hearts the door posts of our souls. its the same thing in a spritual sense, as it was for them (the Hebrew) in a physical sence. They had to get Jesus as well as the other thieves down before sunset,because the passover, a Holy Day was going to start, So Jesus died on a wednsday after noon around the sixth hour and was in the grave by sunset that day, then started the The Passover a Holyday(thursday) and at sundown thursday day started another Holy day, the days of unleaven bread
    a Friday day, then at sundown Friday started the regular Sabbath Day. Jesus was cut of or died on a wednsday aternoon and was raised Saturday after noon at the same time he died on Wednsday, if you count them there is exactly three days and three nights he was in the grave.

Not3in1….Mandy remember if you go to any Jewish senagoug the Jew do not accept Jesus a the Messiah be carefull, I have sat with several rabbis and disscussed and even argued these points before. How can two walk unless they agree. They have good points also at lest they know there is only one GOD, and they keep the sabbath.
    Peace to you all……gene

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Aug. 24 2007,10:41)

Quote (kejonn @ Aug. 25 2007,02:49)
    Hey Ken,

I don't know.  That may be hard to believe but I don't know :laugh:  :p  :D

I would imagine that they would use the clock and calendar.

May be that's another reason why we keep the Sabbath spiritual.

Lets say a person gets confused and starts keeping the wrong day. It's the heart!  It's spiritual NOT physical.  What do you think God would do?  Well ok then it would be alright to keep the sixth day spiritual NO! Because you would be deliberately breaking the forth commandment.

Peace and Love,

Ken

I think I've seen somewhere that some people just use 6 PM Friday to 6 PM Saturday. That way, it was still a “day” (24 hours) and the time of the year would not change it.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

to all…..> whatever you do don't make the Sabbath your God be carefull of the leaven of the Parhisees, it easy to used the sabbath truth as showing others how righteous you are campared to others, please don't get caught up in a sprit of selfrighteous. Because you to will be rejected as they were brothers and sisters.
    Ken… if God has blinded the triniatrians who are we to condem, because God can also open what He blinded, our job is show truth in a loving way the best we can until our brother the King comes and He will set all the records straight. Lets all be very carefull with the ones Who's eyes God is opening to truth. The truth about the Trinity is the greatest issue, that to me shows who the Father is working with, and lets all see to it we don't offend any of these little ones.
    And remember when God told Moses to tell Aaron, this is the way you shall put my mane out to the people
    may the LORD bless you and keep you all and make His face to shine on you and be graceous to you, and lift up his countance on you and give you peace.
    Then He Says if you put my name out (this way,” I then will bless them.
    Its very importand how we view of Heavenly Father.
    So keep the Sabbath with the special Joy our Father put into it. Bless you all …..gene

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Aug. 25 2007,06:54)
    to all…..> whatever you do don't make the Sabbath your God be carefull of the leaven of the Parhisees, it easy to used the sabbath truth as showing others how righteous you are campared to others, please don't get caught up in a sprit of selfrighteous. Because you to will be rejected as they were brothers and sisters.
    Ken… if God has blinded the triniatrians who are we to condem, because God can also open what He blinded, our job is show truth in a loving way the best we can until our brother the King comes and He will set all the records straight. Lets all be very carefull with the ones Who's eyes God is opening to truth. The truth about the Trinity is the greatest issue, that to me shows who the Father is working with, and lets all see to it we don't offend any of these little ones.
    And remember when God told Moses to tell Aaron, this is the way you shall put my mane out to the people
    may the LORD bless you and keep you all and make His face to shine on you and be graceous to you, and lift up his countance on you and give you peace.
    Then  He Says if you put my name out (this way,” I then will bless them.
    Its very importand how we view of Heavenly Father.
    So keep the Sabbath with the special Joy our Father put into it. Bless you all …..gene

Ken… if God has blinded the triniatrians who are we to condem,

Whom did I condem…Gene?

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Aug. 25 2007,05:31)
    Not3in1….Mandy remember if you go to any Jewish senagoug the Jew do not accept Jesus a the Messiah be carefull, I have sat with several rabbis and disscussed and even argued these points before. How can two walk unless they agree. They have good points also at lest they know there is only one GOD, and they keep the sabbath.
    Peace to you all……gene

Hi Bro Gene,

Thanks for the warning, however, it is my understanding that the “Messianic” congregation are “Jews for Jesus” but I could be wrong? I'll have to check into this further. I'm kinda excited about going to a service. All this talk about the Sabbath is exciting. :)

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kenrch…..> this time i owe you an apology brother, I was think about someone else at the time i wrote that sorry brother……gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

not3in1…..I think you may be right Mandy, the Messianic's I think are believers in Jesus. Sorry!….gene

Laurel
    Participant

Hi all,
    I was reading and catching up. I just got off the phone with a Catholic friend. WOW!
    As for what I read Gene saying about Passover Yes it is true, and the Sabbath also. I also agree that we are to be patient with those who are still searching. We were once as they were, at least I was. We are all called, He loves us all, He wants us all to see Him and worship Him and know Him. So let us be thankful for what we have and not boastful.

He gave us a cinscience and the Spirit of truth to lead us. Hey, I used to do all the things He hates, and I probably still do some things He hates, but we all strive for Him none the less.

I posted a rather detailed message on the Feasts earlier, unfortunately I was not logged in, so all was erased. I will have to start over and I don't want to make it too much to see at one time. I think Gene is correct in saying that first we must recognise that the Father and the Son are one in the Spirit, but they are not three separate people.

I also want to be clear that there were a remnant of people who were blessed with the Ho;y Set-apart Spirit of Elohim before the Messiah sent it after His ressurection. I say this because after all, who wrote the book? Men filled with the Spirit of Elohim.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Aug. 25 2007,14:30)
    Kenrch…..> this time i owe you an apology brother, I was think about someone else at the time i wrote that sorry brother……gene

I'm forgiven, you are forgiven, and everybody is forgiven, if we repent :)

Laurel
    Participant

“Forgive us our sins, as we have forgiven those who sin against us”.

Yep!

I posted on the thread “Hear Sound Doctrine”, YHWH's mark. I also placed a lot of Scripture in the other one, Mark of the Beast.

Laurel
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Aug. 25 2007,05:31)
    to all…..> The sabbathe starts at sundown Friday night and ends at sundown saturday, and Charity, the First day of the year in the Hebrew calander was the first day of Nican, which was around our March-April time of the our spring time . And on the 14 day of Nican was the passover, the lamb was Killed before sunset on the 13 day and was eaten at the beginning of the 14th day and is called the night to be much remembered ., remember when the death angle passed over the Houses that had the Blood of the lamb on the door post of their Houses, like wise we are passed over when the blood of Gods Lamb (Jesus) is applied to our Hearts the door posts of our souls. its the same thing in a spritual sense, as it was for them (the Hebrew) in a physical sence. They had to get Jesus as well as the other thieves down before sunset,because the passover, a Holy Day was going to start, So Jesus died on a wednsday after noon around the sixth hour and was in the grave by sunset that day, then started the The Passover a Holyday(thursday) and at sundown thursday day started another Holy day, the days of unleaven bread
    a Friday day, then at sundown Friday started the regular Sabbath Day. Jesus was cut of or died on a wednsday aternoon and was raised Saturday after noon at the same time he died on Wednsday, if you count them there is exactly three days and three nights he was in the grave.

Peace to you all……gene

I just wanted to note that “Jews for Jesus” is not the true follower of Messiah. They are a non-denominational trinitarian organization which tries to convert Jews to the trinity doctrine and all the other lies that go with it.

Messianic Jews are Jews who believe Y'shua is the Messiah, the Son of Elohim. This is what they were called BEFORE Constantine's regime who changed the name to “Christ”.

Laurel

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Aug. 25 2007,14:35)
    not3in1…..I think you may be right Mandy, the Messianic's I think are believers in Jesus. Sorry!….gene

Hey, no problem. I'm new to this Sabbath stuff and I'm taking all information and processing it well.

Laurel, ya, I'll have to check into “Jews for Jesus” and see what their beliefs are – thanks for the head's up. I'm not sure if this Messianic congregation is of that denomination or what they are. I'll maybe put a phone call into them this week and find out so I am not wasting my time. Thanks.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Laurel @ Aug. 25 2007,18:17)
    I also want to be clear that there were a remnant of people who were blessed with the Ho;y Set-apart Spirit of Elohim before the Messiah sent it after His ressurection. I say this because after all, who wrote the book? Men filled with the Spirit of Elohim.

This theory is interesting to me because I believe scripture talks about God's holy spirit – which is given to us as a guarentee that we are his, and there is also the *gift* of God's holy spirit that was given……. Is there a difference between the GIFT and the GIVER?

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Aug. 26 2007,13:19)

Hey, no problem.  I'm new to this Sabbath stuff and I'm taking all information and processing it well.

Laurel, ya, I'll have to check into “Jews for Jesus” and see what their beliefs are – thanks for the head's up.  I'm not sure if this Messianic congregation is of that denomination or what they are.  I'll maybe put a phone call into them this week and find out so I am not wasting my time.  Thanks.

The messianic Jews keep Moses' law and “some” reject Paul's writings. Just do a Google search on Messianic Jews.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Aug. 26 2007,13:24)

Quote (Not3in1 @ Aug. 26 2007,13:19)

Hey, no problem.  I'm new to this Sabbath stuff and I'm taking all information and processing it well.

Laurel, ya, I'll have to check into “Jews for Jesus” and see what their beliefs are – thanks for the head's up.  I'm not sure if this Messianic congregation is of that denomination or what they are.  I'll maybe put a phone call into them this week and find out so I am not wasting my time.  Thanks.

The messianic Jews keep Moses' law and “some” reject Paul's writings.  Just do a Google search on Messianic Jews.

Good idea, thanks Ken.

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 929 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account