Sabbath

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 929 total)
  • Author
    kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Aug. 23 2007,17:20)
    I am a stay-at-home Mom, and I also work part-time out of my home.  The thing is, I have the privilege of spending most of my days in prayer, worship, and study.  So when I hear of how other's spend their Sabbath days, I think to myself, “That is how I spend every day.  To be honest, setting aside a full day to do these things would not be a whole lot different than what I do now most days.  Other than maybe the NAPS!  :)  That sounds inviting, but I've never been able to sleep during the day.

I understand but you have to clean the house, wash clothes, and you say you work part time.  On the Sabbath you would not do those things.  The time that you would spend doing those things would be spent with your Father.

In keeping the Sabbath you are telling the world that you are His child.  You want to obey Him and keep His Day instead of the world's day.  What most people do on Saturday I do on Sunday. :)

Peace and Love,

Ken

kenrch
    Participant

Good night! :)

Not3in1
    Participant

Hi Ken,

I understand what you are saying about keep a whole day. But my husband can testify that I do that on many ocassions! I don't do anything ALL DAY (including cook dinner – ha) except for spending time with the Father. I've done that so much in the last 4 years! I've even been up in the wee hours of the morning studying!

I do want to look into some Messianic Services and attend…..I'll keep you posted on what I find there. Thanks and goodnight to you, too.

IM4Truth
    Participant

not 3in1 And I am retired and to sick to work, so I can worship and keep every day to the Lord also, which I already said before. I have not done that always. The only thing left would be to belong to a church that keeps the Sabbath Spiritual, but I never heard of any church that does that. We are the Temple of God and His Holy Spirit lives in us, that is why I say every day is Holy.
    Romans 14:5-6 ” One person esteems one day above another; another esteens every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.
    verse 6 He who observes the day observes it to the Lord; and He who does not observes it to the Lord he does not observe it……….and gives God thanks.

Mandy you are doing all things right, as far as I can see. God looks at the Heart how much we Love God and our neighbor, not how good we keep the Sabbath. Paul said do not stop meeting, but He never condemned anybody and said it was a Sin. It is because we need to fellowship with each other, and I must say that is what I miss the most, by not belonging to any Church. We used to talk about God so much all the time.
    Good night
    Peace and Love Mrs.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Aug. 23 2007,18:08)
    Hi Ken,

I understand what you are saying about keep a whole day.  But my husband can testify that I do that on many ocassions!  I don't do anything ALL DAY (including cook dinner – ha) except for spending time with the Father.  I've done that so much in the last 4 years!  I've even been up in the wee hours of the morning studying!

I do want to look into some Messianic Services and attend…..I'll keep you posted on what I find there.  Thanks and goodnight to you, too.

MRS and N31,

The commandment says the seventh day. I'm on disability and I still have things I have to do. I spread it out, it averages one thing a day except the Sabbath. I make SURE that my busiest day is the first day sabbath of the Harlot.

I cannot do too much at a time anyway but even if I could I would still spread it out to work six days and on the seventh day as the commandment says I rest. Also rest does NOT necessarily mean physical. You can have nothing physical to do on the Sabbath and still not be keeping it. Because your heart may be far from Him.

The Important thing is to “Remember” to keep the Sabbath which is ONE day the only day with a name~ the seventh day~It's what the commandment says to do. As long as your you are being led by the Spirit then don't worry about it you will be in His will.

You cannot name the first day or “any day” Sabbath.
    The Sabbath day was created it was NOT picked from seven.

There are some days when you don't cook and the Spirit let's you get away with that? That's what the other days are created for WORK :). But that's between you and your Father.

In Peace and Love,

Ken

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Laurel….Under the the law does not mean you broke it. It means that's what is controlling you. But we have been set free of that yoke of bondage, which they couldn't keep and we can't either. We do not come to that mountain to FEAR as they did. And if you think you do keep them, then why does John say who ever says they have no sin is a LIER and the truth is not in them. So can we say some sins are ok but others are not, doesn't it say sin is the transgression of the Law. The law never perfected anyone and like not3in1 said if it did why did we need the blood of our savior which God Shed for us then. While keeping the sabbath can be a blessing it also can be a curse, it depends on how you observe it. I see it as a blessing and view it like Jesus did, I am Lord of the sabbath like he is and do not worship the sabbath like kenrch once said. I empathize with you I know what being under Law is and i Know what not being under law is . Notice i said law not (THE) law. Law is forced compliance. But we keep the commandments apart from the works of law, by a new and living way. I am not against the commandments of God thay are Spritual and must be keep inna Spritual sense and that includes the Sabbath. Doesn't it say we who believe have inter into that Rest. The sabbath is good if used for a joy, doesn't it say to call the Sabbath (DELIGHT) not a delight but name it (DELIGHT), and i believe if we view it that way it truly is a blessing . Let each person in his or her own way keep it, but above all call it DELIGHT. peace to all…gene

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Aug. 24 2007,02:53)
    Laurel….Under the the law does not mean you broke it. It means that's what is controlling you. But we have been set free of that yoke of bondage, which they couldn't keep and we can't either. We do not come to that mountain to FEAR as they did. And if you think you do keep them, then why does John say who ever says they have no sin is a LIER and the truth is not in them. So can we say some sins are ok but others are not, doesn't it say sin is the transgression of the Law. The law never perfected anyone and like not3in1 said if it did why did we need the blood of our savior which God Shed for us then. While keeping the sabbath can be a blessing it also can be a curse, it depends on how you observe it. I see it as a blessing and view it like Jesus did, I am Lord of the sabbath like he is and do not worship the sabbath like kenrch once said. I empathize with you I know what being under  Law is and i Know what not being under law is . Notice i said law not (THE) law. Law is forced compliance. But we keep the commandments apart from the works of law, by a new and living way. I am not against the commandments of God thay are Spritual and must be keep inna Spritual sense and that includes the Sabbath. Doesn't it say we who believe have inter into that Rest. The sabbath is good if used for a joy, doesn't it say to call the Sabbath (DELIGHT) not a delight but name it (DELIGHT), and i believe if we view it that way it truly is a blessing . Let each person in his or her own way keep it, but above all call it DELIGHT. peace to all…gene

AMEN and AMEN!

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

to all….The sabbath day is the seventh day of the week lets make no mistake about that. And that day is our saturday , it is the seventh day of the week that God sat aside and put a blessing in it for us. How or if we keep it is up to us after all as i said before Jesus said that the sabbath was made for Man and not man for the sabbath and he equates himself as lord of the sabbath also just like we are. It is not up to us to decide which day is the sabbath, God has already established that day. To think we can pick and choose the day is circumventing Our Fathers words. The Father is the one who set the time period not us. But remember Jesus said is it right to do good or evil on the sabbath and he proved it's right to do good on the sabbath. if it requires necessary work on the sabbath, did he not say my Father works there unto and so do I. Look the sabbath is like a person was to come up to you and give you a gift if you take the gift its a blessing to you if you don't its your loose, there is blessings in the keeping of the sabbath it gives yourself a chance to relax and rest and a special time you can look forward to once a week. I believe we should all try to rest on the sabbath day.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Aug. 24 2007,03:09)

Laurel….Under the the law does not mean you broke it. It means that's what is controlling you. But we have been set free of that yoke of bondage, which they couldn't keep and we can't either. We do not come to that mountain to FEAR as they did. And if you think you do keep them, then why does John say who ever says they have no sin is a LIER and the truth is not in them. So can we say some sins are ok but others are not, doesn't it say sin is the transgression of the Law. The law never perfected anyone and like not3in1 said if it did why did we need the blood of our savior which God Shed for us then. While keeping the sabbath can be a blessing it also can be a curse, it depends on how you observe it. I see it as a blessing and view it like Jesus did, I am Lord of the sabbath like he is and do not worship the sabbath like kenrch once said. I empathize with you I know what being under  Law is and i Know what not being under law is . Notice i said law not (THE) law. Law is forced compliance. But we keep the commandments apart from the works of law, by a new and living way. I am not against the commandments of God thay are Spritual and must be keep inna Spritual sense and that includes the Sabbath. Doesn't it say we who believe have inter into that Rest. The sabbath is good if used for a joy, doesn't it say to call the Sabbath (DELIGHT) not a delight but name it (DELIGHT), and i believe if we view it that way it truly is a blessing . Let each person in his or her own way keep it, but above all call it DELIGHT. peace to all…gene

AMEN and AMEN!

I agree, amen!

I was reading this morning in James and praying about the Sabbath. I believe that God instituted a Day for the Sabbath. I can see in scripture that it was/is the Seventh Day. There appears to be some debate on when this day actually is according to various calendar's, right?

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Aug. 24 2007,13:41)

AMEN and AMEN!

I agree, amen!

I was reading this morning in James and praying about the Sabbath.  I believe that God instituted a Day for the Sabbath.  I can see in scripture that it was/is the Seventh Day.  There appears to be some debate on when this day actually is according to various calendar's, right?

Not that I'm aware of. What calendar does not start the week on Sunday?

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Aug. 24 2007,13:54)

AMEN and AMEN!

I agree, amen!

I was reading this morning in James and praying about the Sabbath.  I believe that God instituted a Day for the Sabbath.  I can see in scripture that it was/is the Seventh Day.  There appears to be some debate on when this day actually is according to various calendar's, right?

Not that I'm aware of.  What calendar does not start the week on Sunday?

Good question. None that I am aware of. But I thought I heard KJ mention some other calendar? Maybe I'm mistaken.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Aug. 24 2007,13:58)

Quote (kenrch @ Aug. 24 2007,13:54)

AMEN and AMEN!

I agree, amen!

Not that I'm aware of.  What calendar does not start the week on Sunday?

Good question.  None that I am aware of.  But I thought I heard KJ mention some other calendar?  Maybe I'm mistaken.

The Jewish calendar week starts on Sunday. Who better to know God's week than the Jews.

kejonn
    Participant

The only other calendar I recall mentioning was the Gregorian (which we use), but the days are basically the same. We just consider a day as midnight to midnight rather than evening to evening.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Aug. 24 2007,14:29)
    The only other calendar I recall mentioning was the Gregorian (which we use), but the days are basically the same. We just consider a day as midnight to midnight rather than evening to evening.

Ya, that was what I was remembering. OK. So, every calendar starts with Sunday being the first day and Saturday being the seventh day. Well, that makes it easy enough doesn't it?

Our community does have a Messianic congregation that rents out another church. I may give them a try and see what Sabbath services are like. I grew up having Sunday church and so having Saturday church wouldn't be that much different to me. Although, we did not follow any specific “rules” or anything for that day. I remember going to church in the morning and everyone came over to our house for brunch and visiting. Then everyone would disappear to their own houses and reappear again for evening services. Sundays were always a fun day of church and family. But Mom cooked and entertained (or sometimes we would all go out to eat). But we would talk about God or just visit……..I have very fond memories of Sundays. I'm certainly willing to trade my fond memories and desires to continue in them for the truth though! :)

Laurel
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Aug. 23 2007,17:35)

Quote (Laurel @ Aug. 23 2007,17:23)
    We were commanded to be perfect and keep the commands. So why do you and most others think that it is impossible.

Sister,
    The above quote seems impossible to me.  How can we be “perfect” and “keep the commands”?  If we were able to do this, would we have needed a new covenant?  Would we have needed the blood of Christ?

First I want to apologize for no scriptural refrence here.
    No one goes to heaven who is a sinner number 1.
    No one is forgiven their sin without repentance number 2.
    Elohim does not recognize anyone who does not recognize His Son.
    The Son, our Messiah comes as judge and He too does not recognize anyone who does not worship His Father, YHWH our Elohim.
    We repent from our sin and become a new man, in Messiah who shed His blood for our sins. Once we recieve the Spirit of truth, we do not sin. Sin becomes to us an abomination, horrid, awful, detestable. If we sin by
    mistake” we are absolutely forgiven if we repent. So yes we are free from sin. Yes, it is possible not to sin after we recieve the Spirit of truth.

If you do not understand this, please prayerfully consider your standing with Him. Maybe you see but do not follow. I suggest taking your faith to the next level, and put your trust in Him.

Laurel

Laurel
    Participant

If I went and robbed a gas station, the police officer who arrests me for breaking the law would tell me “You are UNDER arrest.” I am now under the law.

Someone may break a law without knowing the law, and be placed under arrest. Some people may feel since they have a brother who is a cop, or an uncle who is a judge, that they are free to break the law because they know they will get away with it. Those people by Elohim's standards are under the law, even though the world says they are not unless they get caught.

Laurel
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Aug. 23 2007,16:17)

Quote (IM4Truth @ Aug. 23 2007,16:00)
    how do you keep the Sabbath spiritual when it is a physical Day of rest?

Oh my goodness, great question! :)

This is what I've been wondering too…..

The Sabbath is a time to rest in Him. That makes it Spiritual. We rest knowing all our needs He will provide, all our protection he will give, all our fear He will ease, all our aches and pains He will heal, all our tears He will wipe away. We rest in HIM.

We remember His mighty hand is what freed us from the worldly powers that be, He created all, He is all powerful, and most of all He loves us.

Laurel

charity
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Aug. 24 2007,14:29)

Thanks Kejonn
    It’s interesting; which half of the half day is the true Sabbath time then?

Sunset is the end of the day light for a day? And it rises for a new day?

Would it not be a little confusing also; the sunset in the sixth hour; while he was on the cross?

Perhaps God ended that day short; for the Lord of the Sabbath; some how also to make us understand that there is a seventh day rest; to be honour; for the new creation which cannot be entered by the way of Law

:) charity

charity
    Participant

as far as I can tell; they paniced in breaking the legs of the thief’s seeing that the sun was rapidity going down?
    calling it day perhaps?
    I wish I could find where it might say the sun was when it appeared again.
    from rising position? For that determines the time of Day. But when it has been said BY TESOMONY the sun set;so dose it means it has gone through its port hole? and apears from the morning port hole A confirmed new day then?
    And Johns gospel for some apparent reason dose not report this darkness that came over Judah?

charity
    Participant

double post sorry

Love you all

good morning sunshine :D

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 929 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account