Sabbath

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 929 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kenrch….> when have i accused you of somthing i don't do. You got it backward, you are the one judging people on this site not me. While i disagree with some things people say and that includes you at times i don't judge their sprituality like you do. Here's one for you, you shall know them by their fruits, and the fruits i see comming out of your mouth are accusing of others and not just me. You seen to elevate yourself above others thinking your spritual and there not. Who gives you this right to do. You say you forgive those who persecute  you and love your eneimes you do neither thats obivious by you esclation of confrontations , so talk about HYPOCRISIES  but GOD sees both our hearts doesn't HE> And Ill let Him be my judge not a mere puffed up mortal like you.
    So ill use one of your condesending finnishes here, the lord told me to love my enimies so i love you brother. (RIGHT)……gene.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Sep. 04 2007,03:47)
    Kenrch….> when have i accused you of somthing i don't do. You got it backward, you are the one judging people on this site not me. While i disagree with some things people say and that includes you at times i don't judge their sprituality like you do. Here's one for you, you shall know them by their fruits, and the fruits i see comming out of your mouth are accusing of others and not just me. You seen to elevate yourself above others thinking your spritual and there not. Who gives you this right to do. You say you forgive those who persecute  you and love your eneimes you do neither thats obivious by you esclation of confrontations , so talk about HYPOCRISIES  but GOD sees both our hearts doesn't HE> And Ill let Him be my judge not a mere puffed up mortal like you.
    So ill use one of your condesending finnishes here, the lord told me to love my enimies so i love you brother. (RIGHT)……gene.

so lets be a little more gentle about Knowledge of truth, because remember what it says we (YOU AND ME) only see in part. Also remember it say's Knowledge puff up. So be carefull “you” don't get puffed up with it.

I call that being a hypocrite. Because YOU do the very thing you accuse me of.
    And I KNOW I'm NOT puffed up because I share the truth. Is sharing the truth being puffed up?

And Ill let Him be my judge not a mere puffed up mortal like you.

Now I'm puffed up for holding a mirror in front of you.

What happened to this “great love” and being gentle! :laugh:
    You are showing your real self Gene. :( That's what happens when you are “self-righteous”.

I “always stand” before the Lord ready to be corrected How about you?

If I hadn't opened my “big fat mouth” then who would have….YOU? NO! You want to ride in on your horse of self- righteousness and want to proclaim that I'm puffed up When you chose to say “nothing”.

You pride is in the way of you seeing yourself.

But I still forgive you Gene :)

Mat 6:15 but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Luk 6:37 “Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven;

Mat 5:44 But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,

Luk 6:27 “But I say to you who hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,

Peace and love to you Gene and may the Lord have mercy.

Ken

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kenrch….> the lord has had mercy and done great things in my life with out your help and i believe he will continue to with or without our your condinsending remarks. You need to turn the mirror around and look at yourself instead of others……gene

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Sep. 04 2007,06:24)
    Kenrch….> the lord has had mercy and done great things in my life with out your help and i believe he will continue to with or without our your condinsending remarks. You need to turn the mirror around and look at yourself instead of others……gene

Wow Gene still full of that love you speak about I see.

I said I forgive you and I meant it :)

Not3in1
    Participant

Galations 5:13-15

You, my brothers, were called to be free.  But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature, rather, serve one another in love.  The entire law is summed up in a single command:  “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

If you keep on biting and devouring each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other.

Brother's of mine……..I love you both!  I respect both of you very much.  I am descouraged this afternoon by your arguments.  I don't mean to meddle, really, I just wanted to encourage you both to take the high road because you both are excellent teacher's.  I pray that we can get back to loving one another and teaching from the Word and life experiences.  The enemy wants us to argue and descourage one another.  The Lord wants us to wash each other's feet.  

Big hug to you both.  Mandy

Not3in1
    Participant

The Messianic congregation that I was hoping to visit has ceased to exist? They are no longer advertising in our town's paper and I can't locate them because they were renting a church building to meet in that didn't belong to them.

Next week, I plan to celebrate with joy my first Sabbath on Friday night until Saturday night. My children are pretty excited about this because they don't have to clean their rooms or do any chores! :laugh: My husband is excited about this because he doesn't have to feel guilty about not mowing the lawn or taking out the trash. We are all excited about experiencing GOD'S SABBATH rest. My study on this has been very fruitful, and I have my brother's and sister's here on HeavenNet to thank for this. Thank you, with all my heart.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Not3in1…..Mandy you made me happy to hear you and your family are going to keep the sabbath. This is a good decision on your parts and I believe you will sense the closeness of God on that Day in a special way…blessings and peace to you and your………..gene

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Sep. 04 2007,09:05)
    The Messianic congregation that I was hoping to visit has ceased to exist?  They are no longer advertising in our town's paper and I can't locate them because they were renting a church building to meet in that didn't belong to them.

Next week, I plan to celebrate with joy my first Sabbath on Friday night until Saturday night.  My children are pretty excited about this because they don't have to clean their rooms or do any chores!  :laugh:   My husband is excited about this because he doesn't have to feel guilty about not mowing the lawn or taking out the trash.  We are all excited about experiencing GOD'S SABBATH rest.  My study on this has been very fruitful, and I have my brother's and sister's here on HeavenNet to thank for this.  Thank you, with all my heart.

Mandy what you speak about is past tence.

PRAISE TRHE LORD GLORY TO HIS NAME IN THE HIGHEST! You keep the Sabbath it is a witness that HE is your God, Amen!

You will soon find out how much of a witness tool the Sabbath is not to mention the blessings. And every scripture is on your side. When asked why you don't mow the lawn and do the things that other people do on the Sabbath (Saturday) all you have to do is ay it's one of His Ten Commandments. That in itself will start people thinking, Amen?

The Lord will bring to remembrance all the scripture you will need to witness.

You have chosen to Keep His Day rather than the Harlot's day! I wonder if you realize the glorious decision you have made no matter it will come.

Words cannot describe the joy I am in!!!!! :D

:) You and your household will do on the Harlot's day what you use to do on the Sabbth day.

PLEASE remember to keep the Sabbath “spiritually” and not according to the letter but something tells me that won't be a problem for you. :D

God bless,

Ken

Participant

Hi All:

It appears to me that those who have been advocating that Saturday and Saturday alone is the correct day to observe the Sabbath day are either not employed or are self employed so that they can begin their work week on Sunday if they choose to do so.  Is this observation correct?

Also, if Saturday is the correct day to observe the Sabbath and the only day, what do we do with people in the professions of Physician, Nurse, Policemen, Firemen, and those in the ministry?

God Bless

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Sep. 06 2007,01:23)
    Hi All:

It appears to me that those who have been advocating that Saturday and Saturday alone is the correct day to observe the Sabbath day are either not employed or are self employed so that they can begin their work week on Sunday if they choose to do so.  Is this observation correct?

Also, if Saturday is the correct day to observe the Sabbath and the only day, what do we do with people in the professions of Physician, Nurse, Policemen, Firemen, and those in the ministry?

God Bless

No!

When I started keeping the Sabbath I was a automobile mechanic and Saturday was a busy day for mechanics. I told my boss about the Sabbath and he said basically the same thing you just did. Your living includes Saturday! But if you can't work on Saturday then I can't use you, “I can't hire some one to work just Saturdays”. It took two months but I found a job not the same pay but with much better benefits.

Jesus said it is Good to do Good on the Sabbath. Jesus healed on the Sabbath. I believe caring for the sick would be the same. All emergency personnel would fall under that rule “Good to do Good”.

What does God's Sabbath say?

What does the Harlot's day say?

The Sabbath is Spiritual just like the other nine. Gee can I say this? Use common sense and the Spirit will guide you as to what you can do and still please God :)

The Sabbath is not bondage it's a delight!

God bless,

Ken

Not3in1
    Participant

Hi 94,

I have been really praying about the Sabbath and what it means. There are definitely two schools of thought out there. This is where I'm at – after seeking and studying, I have become convinced that there is a day that the LORD called the Seventh Day; he made this day holy and called it the Sabbath. On this day we are to rest and you know all the other regulations. Well, Jesus comes along and tells us that there is still a Sabbath day, but upon this day you may follow the Spirit as to how you worship on this day.

Now some say our calendars are different from the Hebrew calenders that followed the MOON rather than the SUN. The Hebrew calandar would make it impossible to keep, for instance, birthdays, because the days and months would be forever changing. The more I studied various calendars, the more I became convinced that as long as I am trying to follow what evidence I have found that points to Friday sunset to Saturday sunset – God will be pleased with me and mine. The attitude of our hearts matters more than the strict adherence to regulations (in my humble opinion). I know Ken, Laurel, and possibly Gene may disagree with me here, but I believe you must seek out wha the LORD is telling you in regards to what Day to set aside for the Sabbath. With that said, it is also important to try and seek out which Day is the Sabbath! With knowledge comes responsibility, and I'll end this post with that thought.

Not3in1
    Participant

If you become convinced that Friday sunset to Sunday sunset is the Sabbath, and you are employed to work on those days…..this is my thought on that…..work! So much of scripture says that when you are saved – stay in the position that you were in. If you are a slave, then don't seek to be free. If, when you find the Sabbath is on Saturday and you are employed on that day – do whatever you do for the LORD; give him the glory for your work, praise him, talk about him, SHOW HIM to those around you, bless everyone and do everything as unto the LORD.

It is my feeling that when you are obedient, God blesses. You may find that when you become obedient to the Sabbath, your heavenly Father just may change your work schedule? Or you may get promoted to a higher paying job that has weekends free? You just never know what God will do when you trust and obey through faith. :)

But certainly we shouldn't judge those who are working on the Sabbath because their employment demands that they be there. How they set the day aside for the LORD is between them and thier God. It is therefore NOT a regulated day any longer (i.e., you must not work, you must not prepare food, you must not……..). If it was a regulated day, then it would no longer be spiritual but rather kept by the letter. And this certainly would not be a joy to keep but a feeling of bondage. These are just my thoughts and what I believe the LORD is teaching me about his holy day.

Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Sep. 06 2007,04:30)
    If you become convinced that Friday sunset to Sunday sunset is the Sabbath, and you are employed to work on those days…..this is my thought on that…..work!  So much of scripture says that when you are saved – stay in the position that you were in.  If you are a slave, then don't seek to be free.  If, when you find the Sabbath is on Saturday and you are employed on that day – do whatever you do for the LORD; give him the glory for your work, praise him, talk about him, SHOW HIM to those around you, bless everyone and do everything as unto the LORD.

It is my feeling that when you are obedient, God blesses.  You may find that when you become obedient to the Sabbath, your heavenly Father just may change your work schedule?  Or you may get promoted to a higher paying job that has weekends free?  You just never know what God will do when you trust and obey through faith.  :)

But certainly we shouldn't judge those who are working on the Sabbath because their employment demands that they be there.  How they set the day aside for the LORD is between them and thier God.  It is therefore NOT a regulated day any longer (i.e., you must not work, you must not prepare food, you must not……..).  If it was a regulated day, then it would no longer be spiritual but rather kept by the letter.  And this certainly would not be a joy to keep but a feeling of bondage.  These are just my thoughts and what I believe the LORD is teaching me about his holy day.

Hi Not3in1:

I commend those who are striving to obey the commandments of God, and I am also striving to obey His commandments, but my understanding is that it is not the specific day that matters but the principle of resting on the seventh day relative to when you begin your work week. In the society that I live the work week starts on Monday and so I observe the commandment which states, “six days shall thy labor and do all of the work but the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God”.

As I said, there are people in the professions mentioned that work shift work and they could not possibly rest on Saturday, at least not every week.  I am not self employed, and so I rest on the seventh day as I have already stated.

I don't mind at all if someone observes the Sabbath on Saturday and teaches that they believe that this the correct way to observe the Sabbath, but I personally do not believe that it is the specific day that matters, but the principle of rest that is important.  God made all days.

My conscience is clear with what I am doing and there is only one judge to whom I will stand or fall.

Obviously, there is nothing else that can be said to those who believe that it is Saturday or no day, and so I will continue to do as I am directed by the Holy Spirit.

God Bless

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Sep. 06 2007,10:56)

Quote (Not3in1 @ Sep. 06 2007,04:30)
    If you become convinced that Friday sunset to Sunday sunset is the Sabbath, and you are employed to work on those days…..this is my thought on that…..work!  So much of scripture says that when you are saved – stay in the position that you were in.  If you are a slave, then don't seek to be free.  If, when you find the Sabbath is on Saturday and you are employed on that day – do whatever you do for the LORD; give him the glory for your work, praise him, talk about him, SHOW HIM to those around you, bless everyone and do everything as unto the LORD.

It is my feeling that when you are obedient, God blesses.  You may find that when you become obedient to the Sabbath, your heavenly Father just may change your work schedule?  Or you may get promoted to a higher paying job that has weekends free?  You just never know what God will do when you trust and obey through faith.  :)

But certainly we shouldn't judge those who are working on the Sabbath because their employment demands that they be there.  How they set the day aside for the LORD is between them and thier God.  It is therefore NOT a regulated day any longer (i.e., you must not work, you must not prepare food, you must not……..).  If it was a regulated day, then it would no longer be spiritual but rather kept by the letter.  And this certainly would not be a joy to keep but a feeling of bondage.  These are just my thoughts and what I believe the LORD is teaching me about his holy day.

Hi Not3in1:

I commend those who are striving to obey the commandments of God, and I am also striving to obey His commandments, but my understanding is that it is not the specific day that matters but the principle of resting on the seventh day relative to when you begin your work week. In the society that I live the work week starts on Monday and so I observe the commandment which states, “six days shall thy labor and do all of the work but the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God”.

As I said, there are people in the professions mentioned that work shift work and they could not possibly rest on Saturday, at least not every week.  I am not self employed, and so I rest on the seventh day as I have already stated.

I don't mind at all if someone observes the Sabbath on Saturday and teaches that they believe that this the correct way to observe the Sabbath, but I personally do not believe that it is the specific day that matters, but the principle of rest that is important.  God made all days.

My conscience is clear with what I am doing and there is only one judge to whom I will stand or fall.

Obviously, there is nothing else that can be said to those who believe that it is Saturday or no day, and so I will continue to do as I am directed by the Holy Spirit.

God Bless

The Sabbath is much more important then what you preceive.

You seem to think that any old day will do. Not so God created the seventh day to rest and worship but more than that it is a sign that those who keep the seventh day Sabbath are saying that Jehovah is their God.

As far as I'm concerned you are a brother in Christ. Judgment day will show the heart of all and most will be taught the truth once Satan is bound up.

Again there is only one day in the bible that has a name and that day is the seventh day Sabbath of God.

God bless,

ken

Not3in1
    Participant

Hi 94,

As I said, I know there are those who disagree with us, but I also believe that you must follow through with what you have been convinced of. For you, your concience is clear before the LORD, and so you should celebrate the Sabbath with joy on the day you set apart for the LORD.

We are called to be free (Galations 5:1). We are not justified by the law any longer (Galations 5:4). The ONLY thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love (Galations 5:6).

94, Here is the passage that came to mind as I was reading your post:

Romans 14:5,6

One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. EACH ONE SHOULD BE FULLY CONVINCED IN HIS OWN MIND. He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord.

So, I agree with your feelings and thoughts on the Sabbath. I'm also fairly new to being convinced in my own mind, that the day I will regard as special to the LORD is from Friday sunset to Saturday sunset. Amen. God bless us both. :)

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Sep. 06 2007,12:51)
    Hi 94,

As I said, I know there are those who disagree with us, but I also believe that you must follow through with what you have been convinced of.   For you, your concience is clear before the LORD, and so you should celebrate the Sabbath with joy on the day you set apart for the LORD.

We are called to be free (Galations 5:1).  We are not justified by the law any longer (Galations 5:4).  The ONLY thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love (Galations 5:6).

One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike.  EACH ONE SHOULD BE FULLY CONVINCED IN HIS OWN MIND.  He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord.

So, I agree with your feelings and thoughts on the Sabbath.  I'm also fairly new to being convinced in my own mind, that the day I will regard as special to the LORD is from Friday sunset to Saturday sunset.  Amen.  God bless us both.  :)

Sad very sad! How many days are called the Sabbath? Is any day called the seventh day? I'll get in trouble no matter what I say OR “HOW” I say it but you are wrong Mandy. You haven't kept you first Sabbath but you are advising people to NOT keep the seventh day Sabbath but any day they wish.

I suppose the Harlot's day is “good enough” just goes to show you don't know the significance of the Sabbath!

Condem me if you like but “you don't know” what you are talking about and really should not be advising anyone.

Whatever :(

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Sep. 06 2007,13:29)

Hi 94,

As I said, I know there are those who disagree with us, but I also believe that you must follow through with what you have been convinced of.   For you, your concience is clear before the LORD, and so you should celebrate the Sabbath with joy on the day you set apart for the LORD.

We are called to be free (Galations 5:1).  We are not justified by the law any longer (Galations 5:4).  The ONLY thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love (Galations 5:6).

One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike.  EACH ONE SHOULD BE FULLY CONVINCED IN HIS OWN MIND.  He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord.

So, I agree with your feelings and thoughts on the Sabbath.  I'm also fairly new to being convinced in my own mind, that the day I will regard as special to the LORD is from Friday sunset to Saturday sunset.  Amen.  God bless us both.  :)

Sad very sad!  How many days are called the Sabbath?  Is any day called the seventh day?  I'll get in trouble no matter what I say OR “HOW” I say it but you are wrong Mandy.  You haven't kept you first Sabbath but you are advising people to NOT keep the seventh day Sabbath but any day they wish.

I suppose the Harlot's day is “good enough” just goes to show you don't know the significance of the Sabbath!

Condem me if you like but “you don't know” what you are talking about and really should not be advising anyone.

Galations 5: 14

The ENTIRE Law is summed up in a single command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

Ken, you may keep the Sabbath on the Seventh day, and you may even has some truth, but what you really need is a heart after the Lord Jesus.

There is a divisive spirit at work here…….and I will no longer be a part of it. Get behind me (and us) Satan! In the name that is above every name – Jesus Christ. Amen.

Not3in1
    Participant

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Laurel!

May God continue to bless and keep you.
    Mandy
    :D

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Sep. 06 2007,16:26)

Quote (kenrch @ Sep. 06 2007,13:29)

Hi 94,

Sad very sad!  How many days are called the Sabbath?  Is any day called the seventh day?  I'll get in trouble no matter what I say OR “HOW” I say it but you are wrong Mandy.  You haven't kept you first Sabbath but you are advising people to NOT keep the seventh day Sabbath but any day they wish.

Galations 5: 14

The ENTIRE Law is summed up in a single command:  “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

Ken, you may keep the Sabbath on the Seventh day, and you may even has some truth, but what you really need is a heart after the Lord Jesus.

There is a divisive spirit at work here…….and I will no longer be a part of it.  Get behind me (and us) Satan!  In the name that is above every name – Jesus Christ.  Amen.

Oh brother! Look who's calling the kettle black! If is isn't the one who started it all being hurt everytime she is corrected.

I agree! I rebuke you Mandy! In the Name Of Jesus!

Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Sep. 06 2007,03:06)

Quote (942767 @ Sep. 06 2007,01:23)
    Hi All:

God Bless

No!

When I started keeping the Sabbath I was a automobile mechanic and Saturday was a busy day for mechanics. I told my boss about the Sabbath and he said basically the same thing you just did. Your living includes Saturday!  But if you can't work on Saturday then I can't use you, “I can't hire some one to work just Saturdays”.  It took two months but I found a job not the same pay but with much better benefits.

Jesus said it is Good to do Good on the Sabbath.  Jesus healed on the Sabbath.  I believe caring for the sick would be the same.  All emergency personnel would fall under that rule “Good to do Good”.

What does God's Sabbath say?

What does the Harlot's day say?

The Sabbath is Spiritual just like the other nine.  Gee can I say this?  Use common sense and the Spirit will guide you as to what you can do and still please God :)

The Sabbath is not bondage it's a delight!

God bless,

Ken

Hi Ken:

So are you saying that everyone who is presently working a work week schedule that begins on Monday and those who are in those professions mentioned find another job that will allow them to observe the Sabbath on Saturday?

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 929 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account