Ronald Weinland: 2008 God's Final Witness

Viewing 20 posts - 1,661 through 1,680 (of 1,757 total)
  • Author
    Baker
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ Feb. 10 2011,12:56)
    Yes Ed, It was not included in the cannon. It was written in 70ad, about the same exact time of the destruction of the temple, 30 years before the book of Revelation. I do not depend on it as “sacred” scripture, but as I read it , it rang true to my spirit as “inspired”, much like when I found the book of Enoch here and got involved in heaven net. The book, to me, filled in the blanks from the bible that Enoch didn't. I do not use deuterocanical  books in a discussion of theology, but refer to them in their decriptions of last events, much like Jude did. Peace-Mark

Mark!  Ezra is in my Bible, but it does not say what you quote it says……How come…..is there another Book of Ezra?  If there is, I would not use it as prove of anything…..

1Th 5:21   Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.  

Peace and love Irene

Ed J
    Participant

Yes Ed, It was not included in the cannon. It was written in 70ad, about the same exact time of the destruction of the temple, 30 years before the book of Revelation. I do not depend on it as “sacred” scripture, but as I read it , it rang true to my spirit as “inspired”, much like when I found the book of Enoch here and got involved in heaven net. The book, to me, filled in the blanks from the bible that Enoch didn't. I do not use deuterocanical  books in a discussion of theology, but refer to them in their decriptions of last events, much like Jude did. Peace-Mark

Hi Mark,

II Esdras was 'rejected' from being considered “Canon”;
    I wouldn't put any trust in non-Biblical writings.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

mikeangel
    Participant

Does that mean that the book of Enoch here should be removed? It's the way I found H-net. Why is it here? Who wanted it? Who deemed it worthy to post? When Jude quotes it in the book of Jude, is that erred too?Peace-Mark

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ Feb. 16 2011,08:36)
    Does that mean that the book of Enoch here should be removed? It's the way I found H-net. Why is it here? Who wanted it? Who deemed it worthy to post? When Jude quotes it in the book of Jude, is that erred too?Peace-Mark

Hi Mark,

Both the “Book of Enoch” and the “Book of Jasher” are mentioned in
    “The Bible”. (Jude 1:14 / Josh.10:13 / 2Sam:1:18)
    While II Esdras is NOT!

God bless

mikeangel
    Participant

Point being they were not in the cannon.

mikeangel
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 15 2011,20:26)

Hi Mark,

God bless

you say rejected from the cannon, as were these books.

mikeangel
    Participant

Also, I do not depend on them, but I read them to glean what my spirit tells me is useful information.

mikeangel
    Participant

One thing that I think of, it seemed to me that any writings that described the son of God in detail, were left out of the cannon. The Jews did not want anything that gave obvious glory to Jesus.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ Feb. 16 2011,23:18)

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 15 2011,20:26)

Hi Mark,

God bless

you say rejected from the cannon, as were these books.

Hi Mark,

When a person is not well grounded in what the Scriptures say,
    they can be confused by any writing that is outside of Biblical “Canon”.
    Heb.5:11,13 Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered,
    seeing ye are dull of hearing. For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word
    of righteousness: for he is a babe. (they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they
    do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.) (II Peter 3:13) (Isaiah 28:10-12)

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ Feb. 17 2011,00:26)
    One thing that I think of, it seemed to me that any writings that described the son of God in detail, were left out of the cannon. The Jews did not want anything that gave obvious glory to Jesus.

Hi Mark,

“The Jews” were NOT the ones who decided what was Biblical Canon, but “Christians”!

God bless

mikeangel
    Participant

Old testament bro,

“In the several centurys before the coming of Christ, the JEWS in palistine re-examined and eliminated some of the books from the existing collection as not in harmony with the law of moses and as of doubtful inspiration. The PHARISEES set up four criteria 1-They had to be in harmony with the Tora, 2-they had to be written before the time of Ezra 3-they had to be written in hebrew and 4They had to be written in Palestine. That eliminated Judith,Wisdom, 2 Maccabees, Tobit, and parts of Daniel and Ester.From the earliest times, the Christian Church recognized the Alexandrine canon. Jesus himself quoted from this bible. It was not until the Reformation was this canon seriously challenged. Luther rejected the deuterocanonical books, Hebrews, James, Jude, and the apocalypse, but protestants later reinserted them.”

“Those books accepted by the Septuagint or Greek version of the Hebrew bible but which the JEWS rejected after the time of Christ are called “Deutero-Canonical” books. They , together with parts of Daniel and Ester, are not accepted as part of the bible by Protestants or Jews.”

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ Feb. 17 2011,01:27)
    Old testament bro,

“In the several centurys before the coming of Christ, the JEWS in palistine re-examined and eliminated some of the books from the existing collection as not in harmony with the law of moses and as of doubtful inspiration. The PHARISEES set up four criteria 1-They had to be in harmony with the Tora, 2-they had to be written before the time of Ezra 3-they had to be written in hebrew and 4They had to be written in Palestine. That eliminated Judith,Wisdom, 2 Maccabees, Tobit, and parts of Daniel and Ester.From the earliest times, the Christian Church recognized the Alexandrine  canon. Jesus himself quoted from this bible. It was not until the Reformation was this canon seriously challenged. Luther rejected the deuterocanonical books, Hebrews, James, Jude, and the apocalypse, but protestants later reinserted them.”

“Those books accepted by the Septuagint or Greek version of the Hebrew bible but  which the JEWS rejected after the time of Christ are called “Deutero-Canonical” books. They , together with parts of Daniel and Ester, are not accepted as part of the bible by Protestants or Jews.”

Hi Mark,

“The Jews” reject any writings that were not written in “Hebrew”, so your point is 'MOOT”!

God bless  
    Ed J

mikeangel
    Participant

??? You said christians decided what was in the old testament. I showed you where Jews determined it. Whats Moot?

mikeangel
    Participant

But are you saying that whoever determined it, I should not give credence to it, if it is not canon?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ Feb. 17 2011,12:08)
    ???  You said  christians decided what was in the old testament. I showed you where Jews determined it. Whats Moot?

Hi Mark,

No, I said: “Christians” determined the 66 books that are in “The Bible”!

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ Feb. 17 2011,12:11)
    But are you saying that whoever determined it, I should not give credence to it, if it is not canon?

Hi Mark,

Christians that are not well grounded in what the Scriptures say,
    can get confused by writings that are outside of Biblical “Canon”.

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus!

karmarie
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ Feb. 17 2011,15:11)

Mark, I have the Jerusalem Bible which has what you mention, such as wisdom. I also learnt a lot from the sheppard of hermas. I dont understand why some people seem to want to avoid these books. There has to be a reason?

mikeangel
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 17 2011,12:37)

Hi Mark,

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus!

But Ed,

Don't take offense to this- As you your very self just posted, Isn't that the very reason why your own book should be avoided? It definately is not canon. That seems VERY contradictory to me coming from you. Case in point-The bible says that Jesus will come on the clouds in some places. In other places it states he will come in Judgement. Revalations 22:20 “Yes, I am coming soon!”, which was absolutely after pentecost, yet you claim he came at pentacost in your book. Aren't you one of the confusing sources in light of what you just posted? Why separate “flesh”  and “spirit” with Jesus? What purpose does it serve?  But the main question-Why should anyone give credence to your book since it is no doubt not canonical? Peace-Mark

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ Feb. 17 2011,22:28)

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 17 2011,12:37)

Hi Mark,

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus!

But Ed,

Don't take offense to this- As you your very self just posted, Isn't that the very reason why your own book should be avoided? It definately is not canon. That seems VERY contradictory to me coming from you. Case in point-The bible says that Jesus will come on the clouds in some places. In other places it states he will come in Judgement. Revalations 22:20 “Yes, I am coming soon!”, which was absolutely after pentecost, yet you claim he came at pentacost in your book. Aren't you one of the confusing sources in light of what you just posted? Why separate “flesh”  and “spirit” with Jesus? What purpose does it serve?  But the main question-Why should anyone give credence to your book since it is no doubt not canonical? Peace-Mark

Hi Mark,

“HolyCityBibleCode” was written for teachers of God's word,
    which are well grounded in Scripture; and for 'Atheists',
    who need documented “Proof” of God's existence.
    There is “NO hypocrisy” in any of my words.

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus!

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ Feb. 17 2011,22:28)
    Why separate “flesh”  and “spirit” with Jesus? What purpose does it serve?  

Hi Mark,

Heb.4:12 For “The Word” of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword,
    piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the
    joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

God bless

Viewing 20 posts - 1,661 through 1,680 (of 1,757 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account