Ronald Weinland: 2008 God's Final Witness

Viewing 20 posts - 401 through 420 (of 1,757 total)
  • Author
    stosh64
    Participant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDAmK4YIzww
    The second Prophet

:D

Sorry,  I hope you all have a sense of humor :D

I am just in awe of how people always twist words around to their liking rather then looking at things face value.???

WaterAmerican
    Participant

yes I am German, I understand what you're writing :)
    I know Mr. Armstrong said all these things, I read a couple of the Plain Truth magazines that were published back then. But it was not his job to be a prophet, unlike Mr. Weinland who I believe very much to be right. Of course the prophecies are similar, because what Ron says just builds upon what had been revealed earlier to Mr. Armstrong (but not with context, or timing, or in detail).

Actually, if one takes common sense, it appears obvious that if there is a power vacuum with almost all of the great Western powers taken out, those which are left in Central Europe (Germany, Italy, etc.), that do have the economic, technological and military capability (by invoking the right to act according to NATO common defense) to restore order, will do so. I couldn't imagine Germany sitting idly by while the rest of the Western world is going down the tubes. And yeah, of course it's not going to be like Hitler, Ron says that all the time. We're living in a different age right now.

Broncs: What are you talking about? That's not what Ron has predicted. There will definitely be widespread destruction as well as nukes going off at some point, and by the time August comes around most of the destruction will have already taken place.

t8, i agree, we should all settle on some definite prediction. Ron has not said the nuclear attack will happen in April, but nukes will go off as a part of these things (cities affected being at least NYC, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles). There are some definite predictions though: 1) When the pope comes to the US in April, he will give a speech on or shortly after the 17th that will have tremendous political consequences. He said that “what's going to come out of his [the pope's] mouth will not be the same as it has been before”. 2) Also, probably more specific, Ron has said that great destruction upon the United States will occur IN the month of April (that is, after April 17th). You can get this confirmed by listening to the latest radio interviews on his website, like the one with Daniel Ott in Indianapolis. He has not said in what form exactly this destruction will take place.

So, we can agree upon this: If no destructive event has taken place in the US by the end of April, meaning that we all sit here May 1st and nothing has happened – then yes, I would have to say Ron's prophecies have been false.
    (And yeah, you would get your apology you so long for  :;):  )
    But Ron will be right, because these things are coming directly from God to mankind (through Ron as a prophet), and you will all be able to witness it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WQA,
    So Armstrong was not a prophet
    but made prophecies
    which Ron who is a prophet,
    has enlarged upon?
    ??

Broncs453
    Participant

Water –

My understanding was that April was the month that the tribulation would start, but that there would be a 6 month window in which destruction would begin or escalate. To me, no nukes in April would not mean that Weinland is wrong or a false prophet. I strongly believe that the pope's appearance and speech(es) in NY in April will be of major significance. I would be comfortable with saying if there are no major catastrophies by June 1 then this stuff is bunk. But you guys don't realize how precarious our financial system is. I work in financial services and this country is ALREADY bankrupt. The underlying rot is throughout the entire system, and it's just a matter of time until the masses finally catch on. The Bush Crime Family has sold us down the river, and it's past the point of no return. I can EASILY see the SHTF pretty soon, as it gets uglier every day. Combine that with everything else and you've got the recipe for major events happening soon.

Peace,

WaterAmerican
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 27 2008,01:33)
    Hi WQA,
    So Armstrong was not a prophet
    but made prophecies
    which Ron who is a prophet,
    has enlarged upon?
    ??

Yes, I think you could say that. Mr. Armstrong was not a prophet, he was an apostle. His job was to restore the truths of God and preach the Gospel message (the good news) into all the world to all nations. The only prophecy he made is that we are in the end-times and that some time in the future, the demise of the US is coming and Europe would arise. And just that is going to happen not too many months away now.

Even though Mr. Armstrong always tried to interpret the prophetic meaning of world events throughout the 20th century, and speculated about whether a certain development might have prophetic signifcance, he never took on the prerogative of giving definite predictions or saying: “If this doesn't come to pass exactly like I say, I'm false” (like Ron does). That's why you have over 40 years of the Plain Truth magazine always talking about prophecies that never turned out to happen in the exact way it was described. That's also why you have many of those old prophecies stated in general terms or in the form of questions. It was never meant to be definite, it was more like commenting on world news in the light of prophetic understanding that was given to him and the Chruch at that time.

Now, however, as it is time for these prophetic events to actually unfold on this earth, there is the need for a real (and living) prophet who will warn mankind of what is going to happen – God has always sent prophets to warn man of what is coming. And that was not Mr. Armstongs job, as it was not his time, but it is Ron's. It's just different tasks God gave to his servants in different time periods.

WaterAmerican
    Participant

Quote (Broncs453 @ Feb. 27 2008,01:59)
    Water –

My understanding was that April was the month that the tribulation would start, but that there would be a 6 month window in which destruction would begin or escalate.  To me, no nukes in April would not mean that Weinland is wrong or a false prophet.  I strongly believe that the pope's appearance and speech(es) in NY in April will be of major significance.  I would be comfortable with saying if there are no major catastrophies by June 1 then this stuff is bunk.  But you guys don't realize how precarious our financial system is.  I work in financial services and this country is ALREADY bankrupt.  The underlying rot is throughout the entire system, and it's just a matter of time until the masses finally catch on.  The Bush Crime Family has sold us down the river, and it's past the point of no return.  I can EASILY see the SHTF pretty soon, as it gets uglier every day.  Combine that with everything else and you've got the recipe for major events happening soon.

Peace,

Well my understanding was that the 6 month period is the time period in which the main part of the destruction will take place, not just begin/escalate. After that period (which could possibly also be a whole year) is over, Europe will conquer the US. But I'm pretty sure Ron means that April and then the immediate weeks after that will be the time when it starts to escalate. I was just a little bit surprised at your comments about Obama and the attack not coming from foreigners – 'cause Ron definitely said it would be terrorism.

Yeah, I know the economy is another thing that's going down the tubes, Ron predicted that also. He said that some time shortly after April the dollar wouldn't be worth anything any more. Only reason that the dollar has not collapsed yet is that people have faith in it; as soon as some catastrophe strikes the US, faith is lost, China will shift over to Euro, and from that point on you can start using your dollar bills for firewood.

WaterAmerican
    Participant

Sorry for spamming but maybe it would be helpful to quote Ron's words on this in order to settle this point. This is from the interview on Dec 25th 2007:
    Question: “Will the nuclear strike on the US and the UK be in April the beginning of the opening of the seventh seal, or some time later?”
    Ron's answer: “No, all that I'm saying right now is that there will be some nuclear weapons go off as a part of these things that take place from the time of April. It may start the very middle of April, but there are four things that are going to take place. God doesn't specify exactly at which point at which time those things happen. That's something that will be revealed once they begin.”

OKAY PEOPLE! This is absolutly ridiculous. In the eyes of everyone else we are wrong. There is nothing we can say, nothing we can do. We are going to be persecuted. When Christ returns, he can settle this and I'd say just drop it.

Broncs453
    Participant

Quote (WaterAmerican @ Feb. 27 2008,12:28)

Water –

My understanding was that April was the month that the tribulation would start, but that there would be a 6 month window in which destruction would begin or escalate.  To me, no nukes in April would not mean that Weinland is wrong or a false prophet.  I strongly believe that the pope's appearance and speech(es) in NY in April will be of major significance.  I would be comfortable with saying if there are no major catastrophies by June 1 then this stuff is bunk.  But you guys don't realize how precarious our financial system is.  I work in financial services and this country is ALREADY bankrupt.  The underlying rot is throughout the entire system, and it's just a matter of time until the masses finally catch on.  The Bush Crime Family has sold us down the river, and it's past the point of no return.  I can EASILY see the SHTF pretty soon, as it gets uglier every day.  Combine that with everything else and you've got the recipe for major events happening soon.

Peace,

Well my understanding was that the 6 month period is the time period in which the main part of the destruction will take place, not just begin/escalate. After that period (which could possibly also be a whole year) is over, Europe will conquer the US. But I'm pretty sure Ron means that April and then the immediate weeks after that will be the time when it starts to escalate. I was just a little bit surprised at your comments about Obama and the attack not coming from foreigners – 'cause Ron definitely said it would be terrorism.

Yeah, I know the economy is another thing that's going down the tubes, Ron predicted that also. He said that some time shortly after April the dollar wouldn't be worth anything any more. Only reason that the dollar has not collapsed yet is that people have faith in it; as soon as some catastrophe strikes the US, faith is lost, China will shift over to Euro, and from that point on you can start using your dollar bills for firewood.

Water –

There is something that you fail to pick up on, and it is very important. You are automatically assuming that “terrorism” means coming from a foreign country. Terrorism can come from within one's own country, just like 9/11. I have listened to Ron very carefully, to see if he ever states that 9/11 was caused by “Al-Qaeda” or the like, and he does not. If he did, that would expose him (at least to me) as a false prophet. The reason being because 9/11 was 100%, beyond any shadow of a doubt, an inside job. All you people that think I'm some conspiracy nut, pull your head out of your a$$. The collapse of the twin towers at free-fall speed defies fundamental laws of physics unless the buildings were dynamited. End of story. Ron says that terrorism is behind the nukes, but it will be from within OUR OWN COUNTRY. Remember that when it happens.

Peace,

WeAreOne
    Participant

Proverbs 15:5 A fool despiseth his father's instruction: but he that regardeth reproof is prudent.

Proverbs 18:7 A fool's mouth is his destruction, and his lips are the snare of his soul.

Proverbs 26:11 As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly.

Proverbs 26:4 Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.

Proverbs 26:5 Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.

Please be wary brethren, dont waste your energy by trying to teach things to poeple who are not ready to listen. We should all be aware of the scripture above.

Peace all.

david
    Participant

There is virtually no quoting of scripture on this thread. I'm just wondering why? I'm wondering why Ron's thoughts can't be explained and explained in light of scripture. If what ron is saying is true, it would mesh with scripture, but no one here seems to be quoting God's word at all. It's just Wron's words.

david
    Participant

Hi David, the Church of God that Ron Weinland is pastor of is organised. Many of us do meet on the Sabbath, though some are more widely spread than others and do not yet have this opportunity. Thankfully we have the marvels of modern day technology.

But I could call 100 people and 99 of them will have never heard of Ron or his message. yet, we have these words:

MATTHEW 24:14
    “And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.”

Broncs453
    Participant

Quote (david @ Feb. 27 2008,16:29)

Hi David, the Church of God that Ron Weinland is pastor of is organised. Many of us do meet on the Sabbath, though some are more widely spread than others and do not yet have this opportunity. Thankfully we have the marvels of modern day technology.

But I could call 100 people and 99 of them will have never heard of Ron or his message.  yet, we have these words:

MATTHEW 24:14
    “And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.”

Duh, that's because the verse you are quoting is not about Ronald Weinland. It's about Herbert Armstrong and the Worldwide Church of God. This verse was in fact fulfilled by Mr. Armstrong, as he did indeed “preach the good news to all nations”.

You need to read the books first otherwise you don't know what you are talking about.

Peace,

david
    Participant

This verse was in fact fulfilled by Mr. Armstrong, as he did indeed “preach the good news to all nations”.

hmmm. I don't remember that. I must have missed it somehow. I certainly don't remember him trying to reach me with the good news….or any of my friends, or family. In fact, I've never heard of him, up until this thread started. If he preached the good news in all the nations, he must be able to speak a lot of different languages. Was it just him, or did he have millions of others which would be required to carry out this great work?

You need to read the books first otherwise you don't know what you are talking about.

While I don't know anything about armstrong, I do know what the Bible says. And I know that Jehovah is a God of Justice. If he has a message, he's going to let everyone here it–people in villages, huts, towns and cities in countries of every language. Armstrong in no way fits the bill. I haven't heard of him, and he didn't come to me or anyone I know with the good news. Nor did anyone who shares his beliefs.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (stosh64 @ Feb. 27 2008,11:13)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDAmK4YIzww
    The second Prophet

:D

Sorry, I hope you all have a sense of humor :D

I would have watched it but I have nearly used up my bandwidth and I have 2 days to go before it gets renewed.

:)

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (WaterAmerican @ Feb. 27 2008,11:21)
    t8, i agree, we should all settle on some definite prediction. Ron has not said the nuclear attack will happen in April, but nukes will go off as a part of these things (cities affected being at least NYC, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles). There are some definite predictions though: 1) When the pope comes to the US in April, he will give a speech on or shortly after the 17th that will have tremendous political consequences. He said that “what's going to come out of his [the pope's] mouth will not be the same as it has been before”. 2) Also, probably more specific, Ron has said that great destruction upon the United States will occur IN the month of April (that is, after April 17th). You can get this confirmed by listening to the latest radio interviews on his website, like the one with Daniel Ott in Indianapolis. He has not said in what form exactly this destruction will take place.

So, we can agree upon this: If no destructive event has taken place in the US by the end of April, meaning that we all sit here May 1st and nothing has happened – then yes, I would have to say Ron's prophecies have been false.
    (And yeah, you would get your apology you so long for :;): )
    But Ron will be right, because these things are coming directly from God to mankind (through Ron as a prophet), and you will all be able to witness it.

Thanks WaterAmerican.

OK, so if there is no visible destruction in the US in April, then on the 1st of May everyone who believes Ron will know that they put their trust in a man instead of God.

And then those people who promoted his prophecies as true, can apologize to all who read these forums for promoting false prophecies.

I know that discipleelohim has said he will apologize and you to WaterAmerican. I hope that the others will do that too. Will anybody else promoting these prophecies put their name forward for an apology if there is indeed no destruction of the US in April?

The apologies should be posted in this discussion so future readers will be able to learn to not follow in the same footsteps and also for the benefit of those who promoted these false prophecies as it will help amend any damage that could have been caused. Remember that no lie is of God and so no lie is good.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (david @ Feb. 27 2008,16:44)
    hmmm. I don't remember that. I must have missed it somehow. I certainly don't remember him trying to reach me with the good news….or any of my friends, or family.

Perhaps the JWs or the Mormons were at your place when he came door knocking?

WaterAmerican
    Participant

Quote (Broncs453 @ Feb. 27 2008,04:30)

Quote (WaterAmerican @ Feb. 27 2008,12:28)

Water –

Peace,

Water –

There is something that you fail to pick up on, and it is very important.  You are automatically assuming that “terrorism” means coming from a foreign country.  Terrorism can come from within one's own country, just like 9/11.  I have listened to Ron very carefully, to see if he ever states that 9/11 was caused by “Al-Qaeda” or the like, and he does not.  If he did, that would expose him (at least to me) as a false prophet.  The reason being because 9/11 was 100%, beyond any shadow of a doubt, an inside job.  All you people that think I'm some conspiracy nut, pull your head out of your a$$.  The collapse of the twin towers at free-fall speed defies fundamental laws of physics unless the buildings were dynamited.  End of story.  Ron says that terrorism is behind the nukes, but it will be from within OUR OWN COUNTRY.  Remember that when it happens.

Peace,

Couple of years ago I also used to believe the same thing. I don't anymore, not because I don't think certain elites would be willing or capable to do that, but because the facts do not hold up. I've read several books on al-Qaeda and Islamic terrorism and it is a proven fact that they have nuclear weapons. They purchased 20 suitcase nukes from the black market back in the 90s when the Soviet Union was falling apart. They paid for it with Afghan drug money. Also, the evidence for 9/11 shows that it was Bin Laden who planned that attack. And bin Laden is not a puppy of the US government, I have read a lot about his life and what he did, he is not aligned with US in any way.

Concerning Ron, I've listened to him for about a year and it would surely be news to me that he leaves open the possibility of an inside-job. But I guess it doesn't matter anyway who is responsible as long as it happens in the way and at the time he predicted it.

WaterAmerican
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 27 2008,10:37)

Quote (WaterAmerican @ Feb. 27 2008,11:21)

(And yeah, you would get your apology you so long for  :;):  )

Thanks WaterAmerican.

OK, so if there is no visible destruction in the US in April, then on the 1st of May everyone who believes Ron will know that they put their trust in a man instead of God.

And then those people who promoted his prophecies as true, can apologize to all who read these forums for promoting false prophecies.

I know that discipleelohim has said he will apologize and you to WaterAmerican. I hope that the others will do that too. Will anybody else promoting these prophecies put their name forward for an apology if there is indeed no destruction of the US in April?

The apologies should be posted in this discussion so future readers will be able to learn to not follow in the same footsteps and also for the benefit of those who promoted these false prophecies as it will help amend any damage that could have been caused. Remember that no lie is of God and so no lie is good.

Well, you know, if nothing begins to happen in April it's not just going to be this discussion board. If it doesn't happen, Ron is done for and you'll be able to see people mocking him and the Church all over the internet, and probably also all over the country, because he said to several radio stations that he would come back on and admit his error if what he said wouldn't come to pass. So you surely don't have to worry about lack of publicity ^^

as an aside, i wouldn't really call it an “apology” on my part. you don't apologize for something you're sincerely convicted of being true. I think “admission of error/deception” would be more appropriate.

but what about you, t8, are you going to be here in this thread and “admit” your error? I'm definitely going to be here. You don't have to “apologize” , b/c, like everyone else around here, it's just what you believe to be true. I'd definitely be looking forward to having that conversation (since I honestly believe I have nothing to be worried about in this respect).

Viewing 20 posts - 401 through 420 (of 1,757 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account