Ronald Weinland: 2008 God's Final Witness

Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 1,757 total)
  • Author
    david
    Participant

This thinking is part of the division and curse of Babel. . . .Come out of Babylon

Didn't babylon teach the eternal torrment of the wicked T8?

Isn't Nick therefore under babylon's influence (whether he realized it or not) if he accepts teachings that aren't in the Bible but that originate with babylon?

Yes, Babylon is where we get the trinity from, the immortal soul, hellfire, probably the god Estarte (Easter) if I remember correctly and a whole lot of other very common beliefs that aren't biblical.

If Nick is not a part of babylon for teaching a babylonish teaching then how do you that he is a promoter of it's teachings?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    You quote t8
    “This thinking is part of the division and curse of Babel. . . .Come out of Babylon”
    and then promote division?

david
    Participant

Certainly the comfort of fellow believers is precious to the insecure

–Nick

Yes, Nick, that's pretty much how the Bible charcterizes it, except they weren't so insecure.
    And while it's true that we should fellowship with the Father and son, that's not what the Bible is speaking of here, is it?

Heb. 10:24, 25: “Let us consider one another to incite to love and fine works, not forsaking the gathering of ourselves together, as some have the custom, but encouraging one another, and all the more so as you behold the day drawing near.” (Compare Rom 1:1,2)

To carry out this Scriptural command, there must be Christian meetings that we can attend on a consistent basis. Such an arrangement encourages us to express love toward others, not only concern about self. To where would a person direct interested ones so they could obey this command if there were no organization with regular meetings where they could gather?

Or for Ronald W. to carry out his great preaching work in all the nations, how could he ever do so if he wasn't organized?
    Matt. 24:14; 28:19,20: “This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.” “Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them . . . teaching them.”

Nick, I think the good news that is currently being preached in all the inhabited earth is not the one that you and T8 preach–one where God sometimes tortures people and one where he sometimes doesn't–depending on who is preaching it to who.

God is not a God of confusion, Nick.

Nick, are these words wrong?
    Let us consider one another to incite to love and fine works, not forsaking the gathering of ourselves together, as some have the custom, but encouraging one another, and all the more so as you behold the day drawing near.

david
    Participant

Hi david,
    You quote t8
    “This thinking is part of the division and curse of Babel. . . .Come out of Babylon”
    and then promote division?

I'm not “promoting” division Nick. I'm pointing it out. It exists. You are a group of exactly …. one. If we all were like you, how divided a world it would be!
    You would think if there was some truth out there, more than one person would find it, ESPECIALLY when we consider what Jesus fortold. (mat 24:14)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    To have true fellowship you must be reborn into the family of God.
    Human religious institutions, such as the Watchtower, do not fulfill this requirement.
    So whatever works they do, however noble, will not save them and their carelessness with the gospel is abhorrent.

david
    Participant

There is no rapture. That doesn't exist.

–DE
    We actually agree.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (david @ Feb. 26 2008,13:40)
    Didn't babylon teach the eternal torrment of the wicked T8?

Yes from what I have read about Babylon that appears correct.

I guess we all have been influenced to some degree by the wine of Babylon.

But it does say “Come out of her my people”.

So at least some that belong to Christ are under her influence to some degree.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 26 2008,13:50)
    Human religious institutions, such as the Watchtower, do not fulfill this requirement.

How ironic that Babelites engaged in a tower and we have an organisation called the Watchtower and they have built an organisation in the name of Jehovah Witnesses.

It's just another division like Armstrongism, and every other ism-chism in Christian city.

Hebrews 11:10
    For he was looking forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God.

Hebrews 11:16
    Instead, they were longing for a better country—a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (david @ Feb. 26 2008,13:35)
    So T8, you have the truth. Tell us, who other than you have the truth? Could I have a list? Or is it just you? The fact that your other moderator doesn't agree with you on whether God is a torturer of people in fire for all eternity makes me think that either it was hard to find someone for this job, or there is no one out there who agrees with you on everything. And what can we determine from that? Is God divided? Never may that be so. Is God confused? No. Jehovah has had a united people.

Hi david. I am not the truth, Christ is. I am a disciple of which there are many.

To some degree we all have some truth and we all have something we hold to that is not true. i.e., we are all human and carry around a body of death.

If I speak truth, that is not to be interpreted as me having the exclusive truth. If I am a disciple, then I am a student. Even students can teach what they know.

Broncs453
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 26 2008,12:37)
    Hi,
    From Ron's blurb
    “Ronald Weinland, who is the pastor of God's Church on earth, has also been appointed by the God of Abraham to be His end-time prophet to the world, preceding the return of Jesus Christ”

Move over pope, we have another claimant to your throne.

You COMPLETELY missed the point here….Just exactly who do you think the pope is? And who do you think Ron W thinks he is? He is an abomination and a blasphemy because the Catholic Church claims that he is the Vicar of Christ, or Christ on earth. That's one of the main flaws of the Catholic Church. They represent FALSE Christianity.

I'll tell you what I think of the pope –

PedOPhilE can you find the word POPE in there??

Broncs… have you checked your email lately?

Broncs453
    Participant

There seems to be an awful lot of discussion here about who or what group are really “God's Chosen People”, and I have to say after belonging to a “traditional” Christian church for 30 years and believing in a “loving” God who says “come as you are” and “saves you” if you believe in him, that I have begun to be of a different opinion after reading Ron's books. Virtually none of these so-called “Christians” obeys what God has commanded man to obey, and that is His Commandments. Like A of P said, they have not been abolished. And frankly if I were God and gave certain commandments to my creation and they didn't obey them and instead changed them to suit what they felt more comfortable doing, I'd be pissed. I wouldn't be in the “oh, come as you are and I'll save you” mood. That's why God is coming back. He's done waiting for man to start doing what he is supposed to do cause it obviously ain't gonna happen. And I am starting to believe much more that God CALLS you, AFTER you start keeping his commandments, first and foremost being the 7th day Sabbath. For if you don't keep that day to be open for the Lord, then the rest of your efforts are all in vain. I don't think he wants everybody, and I feel sorry for those who hang their hopes on “being saved” and “seeing God” if they don't even bother to keep His Commandments. Such arrogance. Don't think that God owes you anything, cause if you don't do what he commands, then He doesn't.

Broncs453
    Participant

A of P no I have been out for a bit but I will thanks

Quote (Broncs453 @ Feb. 26 2008,15:16)
    There seems to be an awful lot of discussion here about who or what group are really “God's Chosen People”, and I have to say after belonging to a “traditional” Christian church for 30 years and believing in a “loving” God who says “come as you are” and “saves you” if you believe in him, that I have begun to be of a different opinion after reading Ron's books.  Virtually none of these so-called “Christians” obeys what God has commanded man to obey, and that is His Commandments.  Like A of P said, they have not been abolished.  And frankly if I were God and gave certain commandments to my creation and they didn't obey them and instead changed them to suit what they felt more comfortable doing, I'd be pissed.  I wouldn't be in the “oh, come as you are and I'll save you” mood.  That's why God is coming back.  He's done waiting for man to start doing what he is supposed to do cause it obviously ain't gonna happen.  And I am starting to believe much more that God CALLS you, AFTER you start keeping his commandments, first and foremost being the 7th day Sabbath.  For if you don't keep that day to be open for the Lord, then the rest of your efforts are all in vain.  I don't think he wants everybody, and I feel sorry for those who hang their hopes on “being saved” and “seeing God” if they don't even bother to keep His Commandments.  Such arrogance.  Don't think that God owes you anything, cause if you don't do what he commands, then He doesn't.

You are mistaken if you think that all say i am save and do not keep the commandments. In fact we are under Jesus Blood of the New Covenant which He gave us in Math.26:28
    He made the Law spiritaul and magnified it on the Sermon on the Mount. We keep it not to the letter of the law, but spiritual. The road it narrow and few will find it.
    Peace and Love Mrs.
    P.S. there is a lot more on the Covenant tread about all of the Covenants that God made with different people.

Anonymous

Quote (david @ Feb. 26 2008,13:46)
    Or for Ronald W. to carry out his great preaching work in all the nations, how could he ever do so if he wasn't organized?

Hi David, the Church of God that Ron Weinland is pastor of is organised. Many of us do meet on the Sabbath, though some are more widely spread than others and do not yet have this opportunity. Thankfully we have the marvels of modern day technology.

t8 said: “It's just another division like Armstrongism, and every other ism-chism in Christian city.”

What H.W Armstrong helped reveal to the world was not named Armstrongism by him or the Church, but by the world, nor did he build an orgainisation is his own name etc.

seek and you will find wrote: “He made the Law spiritaul and magnified it on the Sermon on the Mount.  We keep it not to the letter of the law, but spiritual. The road it narrow and few will find it.”

Yes Jesus made the Law more spirutal, but that doesn't mean he simply did away with all the physical. For instance if we are commanded not to steal are we now only not to steal from each other spiritually, or is adultery now allowed as long as it's not spiritual adultery? We are meant to do neither, not just one or the other. Saying the Law is now only spiritual, or that works are now of no effect, in my opinion is simply a reason we use to excuse ourselves. For example people like to point out scriptures saying that we are not saved by works alone, but they also like to turn a blind eye to scriptures that plainly say we are not rewarded through faith alone either….

James 2:14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

James 2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

James 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: show me thy faith without thy works, and I will show thee my faith by my works.

James 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

James 2:22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

James 2:24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

James 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

God bless you all.

The first covenant that God made was with Noah

Gen. 6:17 “And behold, I Myself and bringing the flood of waters on the earth, to destroy from under heaven all flesh in which is the breath of life; and everything that is on the earth shall die.”
    verse 18  “But I will establish My covenant with you; and you will go into the ark–you, your sons, your wife,and your son's wives with you.

Then He made a Covenant with Abraham, promising Him to multiply Him exceedingly.

Gen. 17:2 ” And I will make My covenant between Me and you,and will multiply you exceedingly.”
    verse 4 “As for Me, behold, My covenant is with you, and you shall be a father of many nations.”

There are many more scriptures that speak of God making a covenant with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
    But the covenant that we refer to as the Old covenant that was given to Moses in

Exodus 24:12 Then the LORD said to Mose, come up to Me on the mountain and be there; and I will give you Tablets of stones, and the law and commandments which I have written that you may teach them.”

Exodus 31:16  “Therefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations as a perpetual covenant.”

This shows that the Sabbath was made with the Israelites as a covenant, Period…
    verse 17 “It is a sign between Me and the children of Israel forever;…”

Exodus 32:15  “And Moses turned and went down from the mountain,and the two tablets of the Testimony were in His Hand.  The tablets were written on both sides; on the one side and on the other they were written.”

Notice that the tablets were written on both sides. They not only contained the Ten Commandments but the law as well.

Exodus 34:27  “Then the LORD said to Moses, write these words, for according to the tenor of these word I have made a covenant with you and with Israel.”
    verse 28 “So he was there with the LORD forty days days and forty nights; he neither ate bread nor drank water. And He wrote on the tablets the WORDS OF THE COVENANT, the TEN COMMANDMENTS.”

And now we come to the NEW COVENANT

Luke 22:20 “likewise He also took the cup after super, saying, THIS CUP IS THE NEW COVENANT IN MY BLOOD,WHICH IS SHED FOR YOU.”

This Jesus did the night before He died,the next day He sealed His new covenant with HIS BLOOD.
    Jesus became our High Priest and Mediator;
    Hebrews 7:12  “For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.”

This is what Paul says about what happened to the Old covenant;
    Colossians 2:14 “Having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.”

Romans 3:28 ” Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the Law.”

Romans 6:14 ” For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace.”

Paul understood that the new covenant would be difficult to understand, He explained in;
    Romans 14:1 “Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things.”
    verse 2 for one believes He may eat all things, but he who is weak eat only vegetable.”
    verse 3 let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him.”
    verse 5 “One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.”
    verse 6 “He who observes the day,observes it to the Lord; and who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks.”

Galatians 2:16 “Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.”
    verse 21 ” I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain.
    Galatians 3:24 “Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.”
    verse 26 “For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.”

Galatians 5:18 “But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.”

Ephesians 2:8 “For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the Gift of God.”
    verse 9 ” Not of works, lest anyone should boast.”
    verse 15 “Having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandment contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace.”

Philippians 3:9 “And we found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by Faith.

Peace with you all.

Of course to be partakers of the new covenant you must come to Jesus to be reborn from above.
    The blood of the sacrificial lamb must wash us inwardly, cleansed with the forgiveness of God.
    We need the three testaments in heaven, as Jesus had.

1Jn 5
    “6This is he who came by water and blood–Jesus Christ; not by the water only but by the water and the blood. And the Spirit is the one who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth. 7For there are three that testify: 8the Spirit and the water and the blood; and these three agree.”

Test all things. Hold fast to what is good.

Peace and Love Mrs.

YahwehCalls
    Participant

Good Tidings everybody! :laugh:

I'd like to quote something Jesus said here, if I may….

“Therefore, indeed, I send you prophets, wise men, and scribes: some of them you will kill and crucify and some of them you will scourge in your synagogues and persecute from city to city…. “Assuredly, I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation”….See! Your house is left to you desolate; for I say to you, you shall SEE ME NO MORE till you say, “Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!”

(Matthew 23:34-39)

——-If Jesus Christ is to come after the tribulation on earth is at its end… then why do people want to escape the tribulations we are to suffer before Jesus Christ returns? ——–

…if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but let him glorify God in this matter. For the time has come for judgment at the house of God; (isn’t Gods housing the house where His people dwell?) and if IT begins with US first (United States/Manasseh: One of the Ten Lost Tribes), what will be the END of those who DO NOT OBEY the gospel of God?
    ….Therefore let those who SUFFER according to the WILL of God (His will) commit (entrust, give, assign, obligate, commend) their souls [The Hebrew word for souls is either Psuche (meaning either heart, LIFE, SOUL, mind, you) in the New Testament and Nephesh (beast, body, breath, desire, heart, LIFE, person, SOUL, thyself, will, appetite) in the Old Testament] to him in DOING good, as to a faithful Creator.
    (1Peter 3:16-19)

The elders (humans…right?) who are among you I exhort, (urge, pressure, insist) I (Peter) who am a fellow elder and witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that the will (Gods will) revealed: Shepherd (guide, direct, steer) the flock of God which is among you, serving as overseers, not by compulsion (force) but willing, not for dishonest gain (Not RW or HWA) but eagerly…and when the Chief Shepherd (Jesus Christ; …”who comes in the name of the Lord!”) appears, you will receive the crown of glory that does not fade away. (Eternal life) Likewise you younger people, (non-Elders) submit (surrender, present) yourselves (US) to YOUR elders. Yes, ALL of you be submissive to one another, and be clothed with humility, for

“God RESISTS the PROUD (Proud means not saying things like I have millions in my fellowship…what of yours?) But gives grace to the humble.” (Humble means being meek and lowly in the way you present yourself… not with flying colors and titles.)
    ….Resist him, (the devil) steadfast in the faith, knowing that the SAME SUFFERINGS are experienced by your BROTHERHOOD IN the WORLD. But may the God of all grace, who CALLED US to His eternal glory by Jesus Christ, AFTER (not before) you have SUFFERED a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you.
    (1Peter 5:1-10)

And on some have compassion, making a distinction (difference, division) (Making a distinction will naturally make people call others a “gang, cult, a closed salvation group, people following a false prophet, or just another deceived crowd); but others save (save) with fear PULLING THEM out of the fire hating even the garment defiled by the flesh.
    (Jude Verse 22)

What can someone do if no one understands or wants to understand for that matter the things that ring true in the ears of other people?

No man knows the day or the hour… not Jesus Christ… only the Father… well back then… but here it SHOWS in PLAIN ENGLISH that IN the END-TIME God does… “You (Jesus Christ) are worthy to take the scroll, and OPEN it's seals (The 7 Seals) For you were slain, And have redeemed US to God by Your blood…. and we shall reign on earth.”
    (Revelation 5: 9-10)

“The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God GAVE Him to SHOW HIS servents (IN HIS BODY/those who serve God through Jesus Christ) – things which MUST shortly take place.”
    (Revelation 1:1)

Someone asked me a question… so this is my response to their request… You know who you are! :;):

Ok… Bye-Bye everybody! God Bless you all! :)

Anonymous

Quote (seek and you will find @ Feb. 26 2008,17:49)
    Exodus 31:16  “Therefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations as a perpetual covenant.”

But like you said before, Jesus made the Law more spiritual, so that the promises made by God could now include gentiles. So even if we are not direct decendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, we are spiritualy. Also, I would like to know who you consider today to be the physical decandants of Israel. It is not merely the Jews, they were only one tribe (Judah). Even if this covernant was made “forever” with ONLY the physical offspring of Israel, how do you know you are not a physical decendant of any of the the other 11 tribes? The prophecy given in Genesis 49 alone proves these people would be around as nations in the last days.

Luke 22:20 “likewise He also took the cup after super, saying, THIS CUP IS THE NEW COVENANT IN MY BLOOD,WHICH IS SHED FOR YOU.”

This Jesus did the night before He died,the next day He sealed His new covenant with HIS BLOOD.
    Hebrews 7:12  “For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.”

What is being said is there was no longer a need for temple sacrifice and the preists, since Jesus was now both our High preist and sacrifice for sins. Jesus never said he was completely abolishing the Law, he said quite the opposite.

Colossians 2:14 “Having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.”

If what you interpret this as saying is that we no longer have to follow the law, why is it that most seem to believe that the ONLY commandment taken away was the Sabbath, which itself continued to be followed by the Apostes?

Romans 3:28 ” Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the Law.”

Romans 6:14 ” For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace.”

Like I said before, people like to quote these verses to claim that we are now under grace alone (without understanding exactly what grace is) and we don't have to actually do anything, but they are turning a blind eye to the many that say otherwise. I would like to know what you think about these verses….

James 2:14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

James 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: show me thy faith without thy works, and I will show thee my faith by my works.

James 2:22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

James 2:24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

James 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Paul understood that the new covenant would be difficult to understand, He explained in;
    Romans 14:1 “Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things.”
    verse 2 for one believes He may eat all things, but he who is weak eat only vegetable.”
    verse 3 let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him.”
    verse 5 “One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.”
    verse 6 “He who observes the day,observes it to the Lord; and who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks.”

You are taking those verses out of context tosay Paul is talking about the Sabbath and that we can choose any day we like, which is not the case. If you read the entire chapter you will see that what Paul is talking about here is eating and fasting, and what day we choose to fast or not. He doesn't mention the Sabbath.

Galatians 2:16 “Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.”
    verse 21 ” I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain.
    Galatians 3:24 “Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.”

Yes, we are not justified by our works alone, but we are not also justified by faith alone either. This is exactly the sort of thinking that leads people to believe they can do whatever they want and simply “repent” on their deathbed. This is not repentance. To repent you have to turn from your sins.

Yes, if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the punishment of the Law, because you will actually be trying to follow it.

16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
    17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
    18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Ephesians 2:8 “For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the Gift of God.”
    verse 15 “Having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandment contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace.”

Philippians 3:9 “And we found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by Faith.

What many seem to miss is that this is saying you did not call Him, he called you through his grace, and it was not through any works you have done. It is not saying that you can do whatever you wish and you can simply believe in Jesus and be saved (which is what most seem to think grace is). Once we are called, we make a decision, whether to obey God or not, that is how we show our faith.

John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Matthew 22:14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

Being called is what the Grace of God is all about.

God bless.

Anonymous

Also, I would be curious to know if the people who think we are aved by faith alone would consider it works to try and llive your life accroding to the teachings of God, and whether we have to do this or not.

Quote (doctorex @ Feb. 26 2008,19:09)

But like you said before, Jesus made the Law more spiritual, so that the promises made by God could now include gentiles. So even if we are not direct decendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, we are spiritualy. Also, I would like to know who you consider today to be the physical decandants of Israel. It is not merely the Jews, they were only one tribe (Judah). Even if this covernant was made “forever” with ONLY the physical offspring of Israel, how do you know you are not a physical decendant of any of the the other 11 tribes? The prophecy given in Genesis 49 alone proves these people would be around as nations in the last days.

What is being said is there was no longer a need for temple sacrifice and the preists, since Jesus was now both our High preist and sacrifice for sins. Jesus never said he was completely abolishing the Law, he said quite the opposite.

If what you interpret this as saying is that we no longer have to follow the law, why is it that most seem to believe that the ONLY commandment taken away was the Sabbath, which itself continued to be followed by the Apostes?

Like I said before, people like to quote these verses to claim that we are now under grace alone (without understanding exactly what grace is) and we don't have to actually do anything, but they are turning a blind eye to the many that say otherwise. I would like to know what you think about these verses….

You are taking those verses out of context tosay Paul is talking about the Sabbath and that we can choose any day we like, which is not the case. If you read the entire chapter you will see that what Paul is talking about here is eating and fasting, and what day we choose to fast or not. He doesn't mention the Sabbath.

Yes, we are not justified by our works alone, but we are not also justified by faith alone either. This is exactly the sort of thinking that leads people to believe they can do whatever they want and simply “repent” on their deathbed. This is not repentance. To repent you have to turn from your sins.

Yes, if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the punishment of the Law, because you will actually be trying to follow it.

16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
    17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spiri
    t against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
    18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

What many seem to miss is that this is saying you did not call Him, he called you through his grace, and it was not through any works you have done. It is not saying that you can do whatever you wish and you can simply believe in Jesus and be saved (which is what most seem to think grace is). Once we are called, we make a decision, whether to obey God or not, that is how we show our faith.

John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Matthew 22:14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

Being called is what the Grace of God is all about.

God bless.

I am not going to go through all that was written. What I did is give you mainly Scriptures and I did not take any of them out of contact. What you do with these is up to you.
    Romans 14:5 One Person esteems one day above another, another esteems every day alike. LET EACH OF YOU BE FULLY CONVINCED IN HIS OWN MIND.

This is indeed talking about the Sabbath or any day that you want to keep. If you want to keep the Sabbath do so. But don't judge those that do not.
    The Greatest Commandment of all is to Love God with all of your Heart and your Neighbor as yourself.

Peace and Love Mrs.

Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 1,757 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account