Rightly dividing the word

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

Here is something really obvious, yet many do not understand it.

If you start with your mind being convinced of a doctrine, then no matter what the evidence against it, you will find a way to point it to your doctrine. If you soak a sponge in vinegar, then you can extract vinegar from a sponge. But if you do not soak vinegar in a sponge, then you will extract that which is originally in the sponge.

If you start with the Trinity Doctrine, then you will twist scripture toward the Trinity and ignore all the scriptures that you cannot twist. Likewise, if you start with a belief that there is no God, then all science will point you to there being no God. It is called starting with the conclusion, and then using all evidence to support the conclusion. Instead, we need to let the evidence lead us to the conclusion, anything else is bias.

If you start with humility and read the scriptures so as to learn the truths of God contained within, then you will renew your mind and with that renewed mind, you will gain an ever-increasing depth of understanding in scripture, enabling you to consume the meat of the Word, and to rightly divide the Word. This further enables you to teach the word with all faithfulness toward God and with a good conscience.

Paul
    Participant

Too true. I have family that are so convinced of a trinity, they can no longer read the bible…..

DavidL
    Participant

Let Scripture speak for itself (‘Sola Scriptura’) and there can be no denying the Trinity…!

The pure truth of God’s Word is our milk and our meat…but the vinegar of false doctrine is soon spat out because it has been corrupted by the fermentation of man’s carnal reasoning…!

DavidL
    Participant

You still make the same mistake of assuming that for me the Trinity is just some theological belief I’ve been brainwashed with – when in reality it’s a spiritual revelation straight from the pages of the inspired Word of God…!

Admin
    Keymaster

Scripture says: ‘Jesus said, “this is eternal life, that you may know the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom he has sent’.

Sola Scriptura? See above scripture. I believe it, you do not. Simple as that. Clear as day.

Admin
    Keymaster

You make claims, but when you can show me scripture, then I will believe. Satan is overcome by the word of God. That is how Jesus fought off his adversary’s words, and I do the same.

Jesus said, “this is eternal life, that you may know the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom he has sent”.

This scripture is a thorn in your side obviously. Jesus said it, and you oppose it.

DavidL
    Participant

You can keep quoting your verse it’s not a problem for me because it doesn’t touch the real issue rather it seems to suggest that this is the closest you can come to injecting some divine authority into your argument – but instead of producing any revelation or conviction, it only reminds me of a verse that says, “Like the useless legs of one who is lame is a proverb in the mouth of a fool.” (sorry). – Proverbs 26:7

DavidL
    Participant

Scripture says the Word was God…but because this simple revelation doesn’t fit in with your extra-Biblical conclusions…you have to re-interpret the Bible to concur with your own preconceived ideas..!

Admin
    Keymaster

Not my verse, it is the words of the Lord Jesus Christ.

And I can easily use hundreds of scriptures that demonstrate that the Father is the one true God. But I only need to quote one to prove your doctrine is false. In other words, I do not need an army to defeat your doctrine, but one quote of Jesus is sufficient now and forever more.

Admin
    Keymaster

Scripture says that the Word was theos (no definite article). I do not add one, but when you capitalise God, you are basically adding one in there. No better than the NWT because they to add in an article.

Of course you are not delving this deep into John 1:1, so I am not surprised to see you conclude something that is contrary to hundreds of other scriptures.

To preserve your speck, you need to ignore the huge trunk of other scriptures.

Paul
    Participant

Far out man get a grip……!? Where’s the scripture that supports your trinity….? Better still were did your trinty come from? Only appeared 300 something years after the bible was written. Rather than comment further at this point, research the history and origin of the trinity (try an d do it with an open mind). I’m happy to assist if you want but this web site is a great start…..

Admin
    Keymaster

Welcome Paul.

Have we met in the forum before?

Paul
    Participant

No

Admin
    Keymaster

Good to see you here. 🙂

Paul
    Participant

Thank you…

DavidL
    Participant

Anyone can quote the words of Jesus – like I said, this is in fact, the very tacit that cults use…and EXACTLY what you are doing here…! you are using Scripture to suit your own purposes and make your teaching more believable…this is conspicuous not only by the complete deadness of the verses you quote, but also by the fact that you’re forced to change verses that are contrary to the extra-Biblical concept you’ve created…

Those that rely on their own intellectual ability will be deceived in these times – to know the truth we need not just the Bible, but the Spirit of Truth Who wrote it…

Truth is not something to be learnt intellectually – it must be revealed spiritually….you have gone off track because you have created a logical concept of God that is contrary to the Scriptural revelation of God….

Admin
    Keymaster

DavidL.

That is just a fancy way of saying you disagree with Jesus when he said: “this is eternal life, that you may know the only true God and Jesus Christ whom you have sent”.

There is no way the Spirit of God will lead a man to contradict Jesus Christ, especially when Jesus said that the Spirit would speak on behalf of him.

You need to test the spirits. One way to do that is if a spirit tells you something that contradicts our Lord Jesus Christ, then do not believe it.

Remember, love rejoices in the truth.

DavidL
    Participant

You reveal your spiritual ignorance – the depth of the Word is not found in the grammatical manipulation of Greek..in this you are leaning on your own understanding, and while it may SEEM right in your own eyes, it’s really the eyes of your heart that need to be opened…

DavidL
    Participant

It’s not the Spirit of God that leads a man to contradict Jesus – rather it is that man’s own carnal understanding that leads him to quote the word’s of Christ out of context…

Admin
    Keymaster

When words are written in a language, then you obey the rules of that language. If not, then you could make any text say whatever you want. Further, how exactly does the following verse not mean what it says. Stop running and provide an answer please. I have done it for you with the verses you supply.

Jesus said, “this is eternal life, that you may know the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom he sent”.

Explain that away. I would like to see how you do that exactly.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account