Psalms 68:4

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 21 2011,14:31)
    Hi Ed,

I would have them use the word “Lord” only when the Hebrew text said “Lord”.  If the Hebrew text said “YHWH”, then I would have them distinguish those times FROM the times the text said “Adonay”.

Who are we to rewrite what God has inspired to be written down?  They should pick a word that they want to signify “YHWH”, like “Jehovah” or “Yahweh” or whatever, and stick strictly to the script of the Bible.  (Just like the NWT does – at least on the mentions of YHWH in the OT.)

Besides Ed, MANY people in the scriptures were/are “Lords/Owners”.  Are they all equally Jehovah?  It is a generic word that truly IS sometimes used of Jehovah in the scriptures.  But they should only translate it thus if the original text has it that way.

peace,
    mike

Hi Mike,

Having different topics sure is enjoyable!

I believe that God had a hand in the “AKJV Bible”;
    and that the five times God's name is used in the singular,
    and the three times his name is used in (phrases) naming altars,
    has a significance that goes way beyond his name written 6823 times.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (terraricca @ July 20 2011,21:54)
    Mike

you know I have a french bible and it says Jehovah everywhere it is in the Hebrew bible ,it is date 1905

Hey Pierre,

Did you buy that Bible brand new? :D :laugh: :D

I just think the translators should have left the scriptures alone. If the Hebrew text says YHWH, then they should translate it that way.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 25 2011,09:36)

Quote (terraricca @ July 20 2011,21:54)
    Mike

you know I have a french bible and it says Jehovah everywhere it is in the Hebrew bible ,it is date 1905

Hey Pierre,

Did you buy that Bible brand new?   :D  :laugh:  :D

I just think the translators should have left the scriptures alone.  If the Hebrew text says YHWH, then they should translate it that way.

Mike

yes I got it new it was a re print version of the 1905 version ,but this is 45 years ago I do not know if it still published today;

but yes you right but with men what do you expect ,men relies on lies that how the devil maneuvers best,

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ July 20 2011,22:54)

So you're saying there was a reason God's Name was in the Hebrew texts 6823 times, but that reason was “overshadowed” by God's plan to have His Name be in the KJV only 8 times for a specific purpose?

Were the translators of the NWT going against God by rendering YHWH as Jehovah all 6823 times it was in the Hebrew text?

terraricca
    Participant

edj

we can see were you got the idea look first letter ” I “

Pierre

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 25 2011,03:05)

So you're saying there was a reason God's Name was in the Hebrew texts 6823 times, but that reason was “overshadowed” by God's plan to have His Name be in the KJV only 8 times for a specific purpose?

Were the translators of the NWT going against God by rendering YHWH as Jehovah all 6823 times it was in the Hebrew text?

Yes Mike, and here's the reason…

Five times (in singular form), pointing us towards God's Signature; and
    three times (in phrases), which reference alters, pointing to “The Trinity”.
    Paradoxically: the trinitarian and non-trinitarian positions are both correct.  

God's Signature
                                            Proof of God=117
            GOD(26) → The Bible(63) → AKJV Bible(74) → The LORD JEHOVAH(151)

יהוה=26 (God's Name: YHVH pronounced YÄ-hä-vā)……………………(Psalm 68:4)
            YHVH=63 (God's Name יהוה translated into English)………………….(Exodus 6:3)
            Jesus=74 (God's Son's name in English is: “Joshua”)………………..(Isaiah 12:2)
            HolySpirit=151 (“FATHER: The Word”: in all believers)……………..(Isaiah 26:4)
            God The Father=117 (Representing “GOD”: יהוה האלהים)…………….(Psalm 83:18)

The Number 151

GOD’s Name (יהוה) is written “Exactly” 6823 times in the Hebrew Old Testament Bible. See how
    The Gematria value of Ιησους Χριστоς=2368 Ē-Ā-Soos Chrĭstŏs (Jesus Christ in the Greek)
    transposes the number of times God’s Name is used in the Hebrew Old Testament Bible.

6823 is the 877th prime number in a long list of primes starting with two (2).
    Now this might not seem significant until you realize that the number 877
    is the 151st prime number. This number 151 shows “Unity” in Spirit.

The Key=74……………………The God Numbers=151……………….Testament=117

יהוה=26………………………….YHVH is One GOD=151…………………….(Isaiah 6:4)
    YHVH=63………………………LORD of Hosts=151………………………..(AKJV Bible)
    Jesus=74………………………Jesus Christ=151………………………..(New Testament)
    HolySpirit=151………………Holy Spirit=151……………………..(Old & New Testament)
    God The Father=117………The LORD JEHOVAH=151……………(Isaiah 12:2, 26:4)

God bless
    (LINK to the thread THAT PROVES GOD’s EXISTENCE)

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Milke

OT          NT      TOTAL
           [ 6,973 + 237 = 7210 ]

(Link) “Therefore, the foremost feature of this translation is the restoration of the divine name to its rightful place in the English text. It has been done, using the commonly accepted English form “Jehovah” 6,973 times in the Hebrews Scriptures and 237 times in the Christian Greek Scriptures.” ~ by Dan Corner ­(Link)

God bless

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ July 28 2011,05:30)

Hi Milke

[ 6,973 + 237 = 7210 ]

(Link) “Therefore, the foremost feature of this translation is the restoration of the divine name to its rightful place in the English text. It has been done, using the commonly accepted English form “Jehovah” 6,973 times in the Hebrews Scriptures and 237 times in the Christian Greek Scriptures.” ~ by Dan Corner ­(Link)

God bless

edj

could you tell us, how many times Jesus uses the tetagram of his father name???

Pierre

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 28 2011,06:42)

Quote (Ed J @ July 28 2011,05:30)

Hi Milke

[ 6,973 + 237 = 7210 ]

God bless

edj

could you tell us, how many times Jesus uses the tetagram of his father name???

Pierre

Hi Pierre,

There is no record of how many times Jesus actually spoke the fathers name, only that he had!
    I(Jesus) have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world:
    thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word. (John 17:6)
    John 17:26 And I(Jesus) have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it:
    that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

God bless
    eD j (Joshua 22:34)

terraricca
    Participant

edj

I know ,I wander why ?

Pierre

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 31 2011,09:00)
    edj

I know ,I wander why ?

Pierre

Hi Pierre,

Take a guess?

God bless

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ July 31 2011,17:28)

Quote (terraricca @ July 31 2011,09:00)
    edj

I know ,I wander why ?

Pierre

Hi Pierre,

Take a guess?

God bless

edj

I ate to guess

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

edj

we know that Christ made his God and father Jehovah known as father to us all ,

was not Jehovah the creator and so the source of live of all of us ?

so Jehovah and father would be meaning the same thing because when all things will be over we will be all the children of Jehovah God , No???

if Adam would not have sin ,was he not called son of God ? so his father is God ,right?

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ July 27 2011,05:30)

Hi Milke

[ 6,973 + 237 = 7210 ]

God bless

Hi Ed,

I don't know what that post means, because you made no statement about your information.

I believe that if the inspired writers of the scriptures put YHWH, then that's how it should remain until the end of this age.

And I don't believe that God chose to have His own personal Name ignored in all but 8 places in scripture. (Besides, any time you read “Hallelujah”, it means “Praise Jah!” – so I don't think “8” is the correct number in the KJV.)

peace,
    mike

Pastry
    Participant

All! We have a Rye Study Bible and in the footnotes it says:” The Translators used mainly LORD instead of Jehovah, because they didn't want to take Gods name in vain. Our KJV only has Jehovah written once, and all other Bibles also only once or twice. No wonder people think God is His name….
    Peace and Love Irene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

True Irene.

This is from a paper I wrote a couple of years ago:

Most Bibles translations (including the NIV) do not use the name Jehovah anymore.  The reasons why can be summed up by the preface of the Revised Standard Version.  It says that while the original American Standard Version rendered the tetragrammaton as Jehovah, their revised version uses the word LORD in all capital letters for two reasons:

1.“…the word ‘Jehovah’ does not accurately represent any form of the name ever used in Hebrew.”

Well, neither does Jesus or any other biblical name.

2.“…the use of any proper name for the one and only God, as though there were other gods from whom He had to be distinguished, was discontinued in Judaism before the Christian era and is entirely inappropriate for the universal faith of the Christian Church.”

While I understand the human logic of this last statement, and acknowledge that the divine name Jehovah is not used in the New Testament, it is nevertheless still God’s name.  And since it was men, not Jehovah himself, who decided at some point not to use the divine name anymore, we should try to, “…have in mind the things of God, (not) the things of men.”  (Matthew 16:23)  That being said, I will use the name He gave us for Himself.

That is still how I feel today.  :)

No wonder people think God is His name….

Maybe everyone should get a New World Translation from the JW's. :) God bless that organization for getting the Name of God out there!

Pastry
    Participant

Maybe everyone should get a New World Translation from the JW's. :) God bless that organization for getting the Name of God out there!

That is so true….few know however….

Peace and Love Irene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Pastry @ Aug. 02 2011,00:31)

Maybe everyone should get a New World Translation from the JW's.  :)  God bless that organization for getting the Name of God out there!

That is so true….few know however….

Peace and Love Irene

it is free on the Internet

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 01 2011,04:57)

Quote (Ed J @ July 27 2011,05:30)

Hi Milke

[ 6,973 + 237 = 7210 ]

God bless

Hi Ed,

(1)I don't know what that post means, because you made no statement about your information.

(2)I believe that if the inspired writers of the scriptures put YHWH, then that's how it should remain until the end of this age.

(3)And I don't believe that God chose to have His own personal Name ignored in all but 8 places in scripture. (4)(Besides, any time you read “Hallelujah”, it means “Praise Jah!” – so I don't think “8” is the correct number in the KJV.)

peace,
    mike

Hi Mike,

1)     My last post was in reference to this part of your post.

2) You mean the un-inspired translators.

3) More modern translations removed his name altogether.

4) The AKJV Bible says: “Praise ye The LORD”.

God bless

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 01 2011,10:50)
    You mean the un-inspired translators.

No, what I mean is that the uninspired translators should have left the inspired words exactly how they were.  If the inspired writer had YHWH, then that's what should also be in the translation done by the uninspired copyists.

Btw, I did not know the KJV didn't have “Hallelujah” in it.  I checked.  You are correct.  :)

mike

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account