Proof jesus is god from paul's mouth?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 601 through 620 (of 738 total)
  • Author

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Sep. 11 2009,14:19)

Quote (Not3in1 @ Sep. 12 2009,06:12)

katjo,Sep. wrote:

And God help the tribe in Africa who has never seen a bible or heard of your Triune God (but worship the God that they know – who is in heaven – and perhaps goes by a different name).

Love,
    Mandy

Yeah, this is where Fundamentalist Protestantism has done a lot of damage.

Every man is responsible for the light he has been given. (Rom. 1)  When the light of the gospel comes to us, we become accountable for what we do with that light.

Hi CA

Fundamentalist Protestantism has done no more damage than Catholisism!

Just ask all those priest that were playing around with the young children!

I agree with a lot of what you say.

But I find it rather amusing that you think the RCC is infalable!

WJ

KangarooJack
    Participant

Kathi said;

I'm just brainstorming here because I haven't dived into a word study but the message may mean that the “Most High God” did not replace another God and no other God will replace Him,

That which Kathi calls “brainstorming” is in reality her over active imagination at work. The text says that there was no God “formed” before or after YHWH. This does serious damage to Kathi's view that a god was formed in the Father's body (or womb).

So she has to make the statement “no god formed” to mean “no god replaces.”

For Kathi it is not a matter of diving into a word study and finding the truth. It is a matter of changing the meaning of words so that “no god formed” may allow for a god to be formed so she can continue with her idea that Jesus was a god that was formed in God's womb.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    So Jesus is not the God that the Jews knew.
    He did not come to proclaim any new gods.
    So what is the point you are trying to prove?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    We should worship the God of the Jews should we not rather than any new God?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………….Amen, The God of the Jew is the one and only true GOD, NO other exists. IMO

peace and love………………….gene

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Sep. 12 2009,13:26)
    Nick………….Amen, The God of the Jew is the one and only true GOD, NO other exists. IMO

If the Jew worshiped the one and only true God then they would have accepted their Messiah. Muslims believe in one God as the Jews. Yet Muslims deny that Jesus was crucified and the Jews reject Jesus. So their kind of monotheism doesn't do them any good.

You reject that Christ is King of kings and Lord of lords. So you're as bad off as the Muslim and the Jew.

thinker

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 12 2009,10:03)
    Hi TT,
    We should worship the God of the Jews should we not rather than any new God?

What “new” God? I speak only of Jesus. And if YHWH was the God of the Jews then they would have accepted Jesus as their King. What Bible do you read?

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

HI TT,
    JESUS SAID TRUE WORSHIPERS WORSHIP THE FATHER BUT YOU KNOW BETTER?

Why is Jesus not the source of what you teach?

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 12 2009,14:05)
    HI TT,
    JESUS SAID TRUE WORSHIPERS WORSHIP THE FATHER BUT YOU KNOW BETTER?

Why is Jesus not the source of what you teach?

Read it again Nick. Jesus said that true worshipers worship the Father in spirit and in TRUTH. Is the Father worshiped when Jesus is denied His glory? I think you know the answer.

Jesus told the Jews that if they loved God they would honor the Son (John 8).

thinker

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 12 2009,06:25)

CatholicApologist,Sep. wrote:

Hi CA

Fundamentalist Protestantism has done no more damage than Catholisism!

Just ask all those priest that were playing around with the young children!

I agree with a lot of what you say.

But I find it rather amusing that you think the RCC is infalable!

WJ

Now here's where I get to show David what an honest apologist looks like:

It is a fact that there have been a very small percentage of priests who have acted scandalously. Needless to say, they have done more than act beyond the Church's constant teaching. They have been the source of grave scandal.

But the actions of any man cannot reflect on the veracity of the doctrines he teaches, only upon his failure to live up to them.

I want to further say that the Catholic Church is in the lowest percent of Christian religions who have had this problem. The highest percentage of circumstances like this and the greatest amount by far come from INDEPENDENT PROTESTANT CHURCHES.

The reason why the Catholic Church scandals were strung out over the news is twofold.

1. The structure of the CC meant that the lawyers had more money to go after. They could go after a whole archdiocese. What national story is there in going after some small podunk country Baptist church?

2. Satan hates the CC and wants it's destruction.

You'll have your work out for you if you want to try to prove that the Church isn't infallible.

You'll have better luck with the JW's.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    Are you not a true worshipper?
    Do you have to add to scripture to read it?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Sep. 12 2009,13:50)

Quote (Gene @ Sep. 12 2009,13:26)

If the Jew worshiped the one and only true God then they would have accepted their Messiah. Muslims believe in one God as the Jews. Yet Muslims deny that Jesus was crucified and the Jews reject Jesus. So their kind of monotheism doesn't do them any good.

You reject that Christ is King of kings and Lord of lords. So you're as bad off as the Muslim and the Jew.

thinker

thinker……..it doesn't matter if the Jews except Jesus as there messiah that changes nothing , GOD is still GOD of the Jews as well as all His creation. That does not change no matter what People think or say. He is still the GOD of Jesus also. AS scripture says.

God can indwell all His creation and does. That GOD may be (IN) all and through (ALL). Your deluded thinking that GOD is Just three is nothing more than a FALSE TEACHING OF PAGAN TRIUNE GODS, God is SPIRIT as NICK and I and JESUS said. When are you going to start to believe it? Jesus is and was (NOT) a SPIRIT being He was and is a flesh and bone being as He said He (IS). Spirit is (NOT) a Being it is what is (IN) a Being. WAKE UP! IMO

peace and love……………….gene

KangarooJack
    Participant

thinker……..it doesn't matter if the Jews except Jesus as there messiah that changes nothing , GOD is still GOD of the Jews as well as all His creation. That does not change no matter what People think or say. He is still the GOD of Jesus also. AS scripture says.

Gene,
    How many trinitarians would reject jesus? Answer: None. How many anti-trinitarians reject Jesus? Answer: Millions and millions.

Show where any trinitarian here has denied that the Father is the God of Jesus. What we deny is that the Father is Jesus' Lord or King. A father is not a man's Lord or King. Jesus Christ is the “ONLY Sovereign, King of kings and Lord of lords” (1 Timothy 6:14-15). The word “only” means “only” just like you say it does in John 17:3.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    So who is the God of Jesus[Jn20]?

Anonymous
    Inactive

What bible are you studying Nick? whats 1timothy 3:16 say to you?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Kat,
    Many.
    Have you read other versions of that verse as there is manuscript variation there?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dont like how it sounds in the King James? NIV Beyond all question, the mystery of godliness is great. HE APPEARED IN A BODY, was vindicated bt the spirit, was seen by the angels,was preached among the nations, was believed on in the world,was taken up in glory. Different words same meaning!! What's your version read?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Kat,
    So how can it be that God can be also in you[Eph 3.19] without you being God?

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 13 2009,06:17)
    Hi TT,
    So who is the God of Jesus[Jn20]?

Read my post again. I said that the Father was Jesus' God but NOT His Lord or King. Jesus is the “the ONLY Sovereign,  King of kings and Lord of lords” (1 Timothy 6:14-15).

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    So how many gods do you have?

Viewing 20 posts - 601 through 620 (of 738 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account