Preexistence

• This topic has 19,164 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Nick.
Viewing 20 posts - 17,541 through 17,560 (of 19,165 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi DD,

The Father is the father of spirits.

All comes from Him.

kerwin
    Participant

Danny,

My father was not always a father so it is easy for me to imagine a time that was not the Father. That ended when he created the angels for created as his sons of the Spirit. Man also was created to become the sons of his Spirit but humanity rejected that promise in the garden. Due to God’s foresight and mercy there remains another opportunity for humanity.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi ED,

Your conclusions are not spiritual.

One verse dogmas are false.

Hi Nick,

Are you suggesting that we should rip Micah 5:2 out of our bibles,
    because it says that Christ came from everlasting to Bethlehem,
    instead of from everlasting to Jordan like want us to believe?

Ed J
    Participant

Hi DD,

The Father is the father of spirits.

All comes from Him.

Hi Nick,

Then you agree that “the Spirit of Christ” came from the “Father of Spirits” or no?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,

No I suggest you find the spiritual understanding of it by comparing other verses.

The Word was God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,

That is a qualified yes.

The Spirit of Christ is never separate from the Spirit of the Father.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

NICK….The spirit of christ is the sirit of the father., it came to “abide” in the man JESUS. “now if tHe spirit of him that raised JESUS FRON THE GRAVE ABIDE “IN ” YOU HE shall also quicken you mortal “BODY.

JESUS is not the christo’s anointing SPIRIT God the Father is, and he was “in” JESUS BY HIS ANOINTING SPIRIT. THE SAME APPLIES TO ALL THAT ARE HIS.

peace and love to you and yours. ……….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,

So you say.

But there is more.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

NICK…..Does your more, contradict the scriptures i have posted?, or do the actually support what i have posted?

peace and love to you and yours. …….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,

The Spirit is one.

In that one Spirit you can fellowship with the Father and the Son.1 Jn 1

Listen to the words of Jesus Christ and you will sometimes hear the voice of the Father- Jn 2.19

But mostly you will hear the teaching of the Spirit of the Son .Gal 4.6

Proclaimer
    Participant

@DannyD

@all!! Yesterday, I prayed to the Father AND the Son for salvation and truth. I feel that there is something wrong. I have a problem to believe that God the Father was at one time not the Father. For there cannot be a Father without a Son. Do you agree? Peace! Danny

Scripture says that Jesus is in the glory that he had with the Father before the cosmos.

John 17:5
    “Now, glorify me, my Father, in union with yourself, in that glory which I had in union with you before the universe was.”

The universe is not only a physical existence, but scientists believe it is a construct of time and space. Thus if true, it would mean that he was with God before time. While most translations say ‘world’, I remember looking up the word and it is where we get the word ‘cosmos’.

However, whatever way you look at it, the Father is the source of all even the son. It is why he is called the Father. He is the Father of all spirits.

Hebrews 12:9
    Moreover, we have all had human fathers who disciplined us and we respected them for it. How much more should we submit to the Father of spirits and live!

We are even taught explicitly who the head of Christ is. In fact, Paul wants you to realise this.

1 Corinthians 11:3
    But I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi Ed,
    No I suggest you find the spiritual understanding of it by comparing other verses.
    The Word was God.

Let me interpret these words.

“No I suggest you find Nick’s understanding of it by comparing other verses.
    The Word was God.”

There is a problem here though.

Nick has over the years changed his stance substantially. While that is not a bad thing in of itself, the point is Nick’s previous understanding was also the Spirit’s way  supposedly, but God changes not. Nick has always believed he was right, even though he has changed his views over the years.

Nick should ask himself what it is that he might change in the future and perhaps be more open minded and student minded instead of trying to be the master. After all, the more you try to prove to others that you are right, the harder and more embarrassing it becomes to actually change to the truth. I have seen others become stubborn in their views rather than admit to the truth because they are too embarrassed to admit they were wrong on a point. We definitely should not be like that. That is how the Pharisees acted and we know the rebuke they came under from the Lord and how he said they fell short of the Kingdom.

Pride goes before a fall and arrogance is not a trait that children of God should have, rather that comes from the Evil One. Therefore I suggest that we seek to be humble and always open to the truth. We should show some respect for the written word and not spend out time drawing men unto ourselves.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Jesus Christ is called the true God and eternal life in 1 John 5:20.
    So, both the Father AND the Son are the true God.

@DannyD

Read 1 John 5:20 again Danny.

You will see that the true God being referred to has a son.

If that is Jesus, then tell me who Jesus son is?

A better explanation to that verse is here:

Supporting the Trinity Doctrine – The Trinity Doctrine

Miia
    Participant

miia….We are close in agreement, but not on one thing, YOU SAID, “YES THERE IF YOU LOOK AND LISTEN”. EXACTLY WHERE IS THAT AT IN SCRIPTURES. I have never seen Jesus meantioned in any scriptures before his berth on this earth. I HAVE SEEN THE CHRISTO’S, the anointing spirit of GOD, there but not a word about any activity of Jesus.

Well it’s not obviously there, Gene. But perhaps if you look. He was HIDDEN until coming to earth in the flesh. WHO though was ‘the word of the LORD’ etc in the OT, if God resides in heaven, and no one has seen God?

Eg., we had a friend, a short man who was as a messenger to his higher ups (Chinese). He was running around every day passing on messages and running errands.

But, Jesus was spirit, then became flesh. The son of God from heaven became as one of us and walked the earth.

Parable of the tenants: 

37Finally he sent his son to them, saying, ‘They will respect my son.’ 38But when the tenants saw the son, they said to themselves, ‘This is the heir. Come, let us kill him and have his inheritance.’ 39And they took him and threw him out of the vineyard and killed him. 40When therefore the owner of the vineyard comes, what will he do to those tenants?”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

So much for me.

But you need to hear the voice of the Spirit in scripture.

Reliance on the flesh is folly as you said.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

Rather than accusing others of error you need to look at yourself.

You seem to be the odd one out who refuses to accept guidance.

Rebellion is in the nature of man but should you remain stubborn?

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

T8,

We need the Father AND the Son. Both are called true God John 17:3 and 1 John 5:20. (I’m not a Trinitarian)

Danny

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Danny,

For us there is  one God the Father..

One verse speculations do not make a firm foundation.

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

HI NH,

Why do you cite only part of that verse?

…and The One LORD JEHOVAH Yeshua The Messiah. 1 Cor. 8:6

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi DD,

And one Lord Jesus Christ.

No confusion there.

Tradtion fights to hold it’s adherents.

Viewing 20 posts - 17,541 through 17,560 (of 19,165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account