Preexistence

• This topic has 19,164 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Nick.
Viewing 20 posts - 17,481 through 17,500 (of 19,165 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

miia……PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY YOU FEEL MAKING JESUS DIFFERENT THEN THE REST OF HUMANITY, IS NOT A HINDERANCE TO TRUE FAITH.

HOW COULD ANYONE ACTUALLY BELIEVE THAT WHEN JESUS SAID, ” HE THAT OVERCOMES EVEN “AS” I HAVE”, THAT THEY “ACTUALLY COULD OVERCOME, AS HE HAS , IF HE WERE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THE THEY WERE?

peace and love to you and yours. ……gene

kerwin
    Participant

miia,

I don’t think that believing Jesus preexisted or was a superior human being is an obstacle to faith.

It is needful to believe that Jesus was tempted even as we are in order to be created like God in true righteousness and holiness. (Hebrews 4:14)

That is to say that we can be like him in true righteousness and holiness even as he was like God in true righteousness and holiness.

I suppose he is superior because his faith is superior but he can teach each of us that.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

So Job 25 applies also to the Son of man?

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

I would say the words “the son of man, which is a worm” are related to Jesus’ words in Mark 10:17-18.

The answer to the question in verse 4 is by faith. Jesus by his perfect faith in God and everyone else by their faith in Jesus Christ.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Jesus was born of a woman.gal 4

But did he get a free pass through Job 25?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

..both Jews and Greeks are all under sin. Rom 3

satan rules men by sin in the flesh.

Jesus is an overcomer by grace not inheritance.

He did not sin but condemned sin in the flesh

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

A quick response.

John the Baptist was the greatest born of a woman. Even the least in the kingdom is greater than he and God placed Jesus on the throne of the kingdom.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Yes the Son is the greatest in the kingdom.

Those born into him who share his Spirit sit with him in heavenly realms.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

NICK…..Please explain what you mean by “born “into” him, are you saying that JESUS HIMSELF IS THE Spiit?

peace and love to you and yours. …….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Gal 3.27

For as many of you as have been baptised into Christ Jesus have put on Christ.

Rom 6.3

Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptised into Christ Jesus were baptised into his death.

Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death; that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so, we should walk in newness of life.

For we have been planted together in the likeness of his death,we shall also be in the likeness of his resurrection;

Col 3.1

If ye then be risen with Christ,seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth at the right hand of God.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

how can he be clean that is born of a woman

The answer is to walk according to the ways of the Spirit and that can only be done through faith for it is written the righteous walk by faith. (Habakkuk 2:4)

I would not say it was a free pass since faith was needed but since faith comes by grace some would say it was. (Ephesians 2:8)

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

I have no disagreement with Gal 3.27, Rom 6.3, or Col 3.1 but I believe they were meant to be addressed to Gene and not me.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

yes sorry it was for Gene who should also study what it means to become part of the Body of Christ.

By theological theory you deny that Jesus of Nazareth was a man like us.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

I am convinced Jesus has always been a human being.

I am convinced he has continuously had perfect faith and that faith came by the grace of God.

That perfect faith is a goal to obtain by running the race.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

So not a human we can follow.

A big head start

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Peter urged us to pray for grace in his second letter.

But you think a man came always equipped with such grace?

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

I do not know what grace Peter was asking but I do know that faith comes from grace.

I also know that all a human being needs to do is obtain the Spirit and learn to walk according to it at all times and that is done by faith from first to last.

I also know that some a fully mature in Christ for Scripture speaks of such. Since that is done by faith then it follows there faith has matured to be like that of Jesus Christ.

It may be that Peter was praying that grace may be increased so that his his hearers would become fully mature in Christ. I would have to check the context to get a better idea.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Ask and you shall receive is the promise.

Peter wrote in that vein and suggested we add

virtue

knowledge

temperance

patience

godliness

brotherly kindness

and

charity

These are for those who have been reborn from above like Jesus.

He was full of grace and truth.

To only have the amount God invested in us

is to fail the plan of God

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Have you always had perfect faith-whatever that means?

If not can you follow one who has?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

You hope to gain perfect faith by running the race.

Will it be too late then?

Viewing 20 posts - 17,481 through 17,500 (of 19,165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account