Preexistence

• This topic has 19,164 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Nick.
Viewing 20 posts - 17,401 through 17,420 (of 19,165 total)
  • Author
    Danny Dabbs
    Participant

Hi NH,

That’s a straw man.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi DD,

Is the verse in 1Cor 8 not true then?

kerwin
    Participant

Danny Dabbs,

There are indications of plurality within God/Yahweh in the Old Testament.

Plurality of powers but not plurality of persons. Even the high Gods of other people are credited with the same plurality. It is simply to reveal everything is in their domain. Are you going the debate that God is the God of all things be they the hearth, war, romance, or anything else you care to name that is righteous.

By the way the myths of many people speak of Mother earth and Father Sky so it is plausible that God was simply talking to the inanimate earth as a master artist will speak to the media he is working with.

Another option is that God was speaking to the angels about what the team was about to do; he being the actual builder while they remained spectators on the stand.

The short is Genesis 1:26 is vague and there are many ways to interpret it. Some are from the devil and some come from the Spirit of God.

kerwin
    Participant

Danny Dabbs,

Do you believe God has a choice to sin or not to sin?

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

Hi Nick,

1 Corinthians 8:6 distinguishes between ‘one God, the Father,’ and ‘one Lord,  Jesus Christ.’ The JWs conclude from this verse that since the Father is the ‘one God,’ Jesus cannot be God.  But by that reasoning, since Jesus is the ‘one Lord,’ The Father cannot be Lord! (Bowman, Trinity, p. 73).

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

Hi Kerwin,

This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. 1 John 1:5

kerwin
    Participant

Danny Dabbs,

You did not address explanation but about those that use vague references in attempt to place Jesus in the OT. The bottom line is that Hebrews 1:2 implies that Jesus Christ did not speak to use before he was conceived in Mary. So even those that believe he existed before he became a single celled human being should not expect him to address humans in the OT.

Yes, I agree the mystic words of 1 John 1:5 imply God does not sin but those of James teach us he cannot even be tempted by sin or iniquities.

James 1:13Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

James does not seem to be as given to mysticism as John but John also makes the point that Christians do not sin.

1 John 1:6Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

There is more to it and more to John’s words but what I wrote is enough for now.

Do you believe fully mature Christians no longer sin?

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

Kerwin,

Why all these “sin” questions?

kerwin
    Participant

Danny Dabbs,

The short answer is that is is an important part of the gospel of Christ.

The long answer is because it impossible to put on the new man created like God in true holiness and righteousness if one does not have faith it can be done through Jesus Christ. (Ephesians 4:24)

The instruction in Galatians 5 :16 is like it as one cannot walk according to the Spirit without having faith that they can walk according to the Spirit.

It is also where the repent part of “except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish” in Luke 13:3 and 5.

So the question remains:

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Danny Dabbs. …THE WORD LORD (ADONIA) means the ALMIGHTY GOD, the word lord (ADONI) means a human ruler,JUDGE, MAGISTRATE,ECT. THEY are two completely different words expressing two completely different authorities,one is man, the other is GOD. MANY because they are IN ENGLISH spelled the SAME give them the same references,but they are not the same at all.

David said,”the LORD (adonia) “almighty God”, said unto my lord (adoni) human ruler,, sit on my rightside untill I (ADONIA), the ALMIGHTY GOD , make your enimies your foot stool.

Jesus is not a God, never was and never will be. Just like we were never a God ,nor ever will be either. IMO

peace and love to you and yours. ……gene

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

Ok, thank you, Gene.

God Bless.

Danny

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

Hi Kerwin,

I agree. It is important to live a holy life.

I would say we can sin but we don’t want to.

Christ is more important than sin.

God Bless.

Danny

kerwin
    Participant

Danny Dabbs.

I said:

The short answer is that is is an important part of the gospel of Christ.

Because I assumed you understood all the ways in which sin is important to the gospel. One, as I mentioned is repent but there overcomming and that is done by faith in Jesus Christ as one can neither obey the teaching to receive and to walk according to the Spirit unless you have faith in Jesus Christ even if such an individual believes they can walk according to the Spirit.

So it is needful to both believe you can take off the old man and put on the new man created like God in true holiness and righteousness and that Jesus is the Christ, the chief son of the living God.

Your words reveal you doubt anyone has been given the ability to put on the new man and those doubts may be built on experienced but Jesus promises a new thing,, a new thing I have heard of but not seen but because he promises it I believe it is so.

I see little faith in Jesus Christ in this world for many have gone forth claiming they speak the truth and testify of a Jesus Christ but the one they testify of is not the one conceived in Mary, the dependent of David, through the power of the word of God. Some even believe that Jesus the one who was tempted by evil as is common to man is God who cannot be. Why would anyone believe such an absurd teaching?

That question in one for thought but there is one I would like an answer to and that is:

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Your obsession with sin is disturbing.

God is the only Judge

Sin is in the eye of the Beholder.

God chooses to overlook sin at times.

As John 16 teaches the real sin is unbelief.

He expects His children to learn by their mistakes.

And judgement is according to how we judge others.

Forgiveness is available to all who err as 1john 1 makes plain

Judge not and you shall not be judged

Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.

So obsession with such a variable matter is folly.

It is the Spirit that sanctifies and meddling is folly too.

Miia
    Participant

Genesis 15:4
    And behold, the word of the LORD came to him, saying,

Ezekiel 13:1
    And the word of the LORD came to me, saying,

2 Samuel 24:11
    When David was up in the morning, the word of the LORD came to the prophet Gad, David’s seer, saying,

1 Kings 12:22
    But the word of God came to Shemaiah, the man of God, saying,

1 Kings 13:20
    And it came to pass, as they sat at the table, that the word of the LORD came to the prophet who had brought him back.

1 Kings 17:8
    And the word of the LORD came to him, saying,

1 Kings 19:9
    Then he came to a cave and lodged there; and behold, the word of the LORD came and said to him,

Jeremiah 1:11
    Moreover the word of the LORD came to me, saying,

Jeremiah 1:13
    And the word of the LORD came to me the second time, saying,

Jeremiah 13:8
    Then the word of the LORD came to me, saying,

Jeremiah 28:12
    Then the word of the LORD came to Jeremiah the prophet, after that Hananiah the prophet had broken the yoke from off the neck of the prophet Jeremiah, saying,

Jeremiah 24:4
    Again the word of the LORD came to me, saying,

1 Chronicles 17:3
    And it came to pass the same night, that the word of God came to Nathan, saying,

1 Chronicles 22:8
    But the word of the LORD came to me, saying,

Isaiah 38:4
    Then came the word of the LORD to Isaiah, saying,

etc,

John 1.14
    And the word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.

http://www.hallvworthington.com/Scripture_Grouping/wordcame.html

kerwin
    Participant

Miia,

It is true that the word that comes out of God’s mouth took on the qualities of flesh in Jesus of Nazareth when God bestowed God’s own Spirit on Jesus.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

You do realize that that you are quoting passages that are dealing with sin because it is a hard topic to avoid in certain parts of Scripture. If my memory is correct Jude’s whole letter addresses it and James was considered in his words that faith without works is dead. John claims those that walk according to the flesh have no part with God. Peter claims that God calls us to be holy in all of out conduct.

Do you also have a complaint about their obsession with sin?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

The Spirit saves.

Whosoever wishes to save his own life will lose it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Joshua in his filthy clothes is redressed in robes of righteousness in Zechariah.

God saves.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

What the old testament says it says to those under the Law but there are better things for those under the new covenant.

Viewing 20 posts - 17,401 through 17,420 (of 19,165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account