Preexistence

• This topic has 19,164 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Nick.
Viewing 20 posts - 17,361 through 17,380 (of 19,165 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

From the vantage point of literalism can you ever see your errors?

The scriptures I quote are not errors Nick. It is these scriptures that you are having a hard time with.

When I quote them, you and Kerwin say I am wrong.

Then you make out I say things that are not true. Bearing false witness?

What’s up with that?

Proclaimer
    Participant

There was never a time when God the Father was alone….

Can you prove that in scripture.

I imagine that God is content with himself, being perfect and lacking nothing. But that doesn’t stop him from creating others from himself in order to see even himself through their eyes and to love them as his children.

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

I can see T8….

I see the Father AND the Son. Both will receive worship from ALL creation in revelation.

That’s more than amazing to me.

Danny

Proclaimer
    Participant

Yes both are worshipped in Heaven. One is worshipped/honoured as God and the other as the Lamb.

Revelation 5:13-14
    “To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb

be blessing and honor and glory and might forever and ever!”

And the four living creatures said, “Amen!” and the elders fell down and worshiped.

2 Thessalonians 1:11-12
    “To this end we always pray for you, that our God may make you worthy of his call, and may fulfil every good resolve and work of faith by his power, so that the name of
    our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.”

Praise to our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Admin.
    Danny Dabbs
    Participant

Sorry, only God is to be worshipped….Father AND Son.

kerwin
    Participant

Danny,

Despite what you see in movies and other places love is not about needing the one you love.

I do not even think that made it in to the description in 1 Corinthians 13.

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

Kerwin,

The Father loves the Son and has placed everything in his hands. John 3:35

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi DD,

The Son said

“True worshipers worship the Father in spirit and truth,

Surely you are a true worshiper?

Proclaimer
    Participant

So God the Father and God the Son are worhipped as well as the Lamb of God who is Jesus Christ.

So the son gets worhipped twice as much as God the Father?

Again, I wield scripture to correct error. Please no shooting the messenger as some do here.

yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.

That is a three-fold witness to you Danny regarding who the true God really is.

Do not let tradition override truth. In doing so, you will nullify the power of God in your life.

God demonstrates his power through those who do his will and have the true testimony.

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

t8,

I disagree with you.

The true God is the Father AND the Son.

“that their hearts may be comforted, they being knit together in love, and gaining all riches of the full assurance of understanding, that they may know the mystery of God, both of the Father and of Christ” Colossians 2:2

Danny

kerwin
    Participant

Danny Dabbs,

Kerwin,

The Father loves the Son and has placed everything in his hands. John 3:35

That does not mean he needs him.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi DD,

Christ is the mystery of God.

In him are hidden all the treasures.

Which version are you quoting from?

Proclaimer
    Participant

@DannyD

There are two clear errors in your statement quoted above.

1) God is not the only one ‘worshipped’. Did you know that worship is the same word as ‘honour’? For example, the Father is worshipped as God in Heaven, while Jesus is worshipped as the Lamb of God. Clearly they are honoured as different. This is written in Revelation when it describes worship in Heaven. Further, that same book says that some Believers will also be worshipped. Obviously no Believer is God right?

Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

You will also find that men worshipped David as the King of Israel. Worship/honour is not the sole domain of God. In fact we should honour our husband and wives. What is wrong is to worhip anyone as God who is not God. That includes worshipping Jesus as God. No, he is the one whom God made both Lord and Christ. Is it not written that every tongue will confess Jesus Christ as Lord and that BTW is to the glory of God the Father. So start today and confess the truth about Jesus. He is the Lord. Amen!

2) Your other error is to say that God is the Father and the Son. In order to claim this, you have to blatantly disagree with Jesus, Paul, John, and Peter. And of course most of the Bible. The Trinity is clearly a tradition of man that negates the power of God by reason of it being error. You disregard Jesus because he said:

“And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent,” (John 17:3).

You disregard Paul because he said:

yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live. (1 Corinthians 8:6 )

You disregard John who said:

No one has ever seen God; (1 John 4:12) Clearly, Jesus is a visible being. In fact he is the image of the invisible God. An image is not the original or source.

You disregard Peter who said:

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, (1 Peter 1:3)

Of course I have only given you four scriptures. I could have given you hundreds.

You have a choice Danny Dabbs. To embrace the truth of scripture or stay with the traditions of men. The latter nullifies the power of God. By any chance, have you noticed a lack of power in your faith?

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

Hi Nick,

I’m quoting from the World English Bible. (WEB)

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

t8,

“Whoever transgresses and doesn’t remain in the teaching of Christ, doesn’t have God. He who remains in the teaching, the same has both the Father and the Son.” 2 John 9

kerwin
    Participant

Danny Dabbs,

Anyone can quote what is written but not everyone understands it.

God is righteous and holy. So do you believe God sins?

Do you believe that God will create a new man that is like him in true righteousness and holiness?

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me. John 14:6

Wow…Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life.

kerwin
    Participant

Danny Dabbs,

A parrot repeats words but does not not have understanding.

Jesus is the way to God but many claim he is God.

If one has God then why then why do they need a way to God?

Humans are separated from God by their sins.

The way to him is to be created like him in true righteousness and holiness.

God is righteous and holy. So do you believe God sins?

Do you believe that God will create a new man that is like him in true righteousness and holiness?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

kerwin….You said it right, that is exactly what God the Father did,he took a ordinary human being perfected him, raised him from the dead andplaced him at his right hand, as an example for all of us human being to follow. Just like it says “untill we “all” come unto the measure and “full” stature of CHRIST JESUS”.

WHAT MOST do not realize the Jesus is the prototype for “all” humanity. HE is exactly what Go has inmindfor us all, Satan has destorted that view by his ‘DOCTRINE OF SEPERATION”, HE does not want anyone to truly believe they could become “EXACTLY” as Jesus is. So Satan’s followers spend time desperately trying to make THE MAN JESUS APPEAR DIFFERENT THEN WE ARE, by giving him a preexistence status, making him into a God, all measure createdby Satanto move JESUS’ true identity away from us, by making him out to be different.

I would say Satan and his ministers have done avery good jobin ataining that goal in nearly all Christendom. But God theFather has spared a few avery few. WHAT Jesus said seems true, “when the “son of man” comes will he find faith upon the earth”. He find many comming to him and he willprobelytell them why wern’t you seeking God the Father and his rightiousness, like i did, i am the example for the whole human race of how to have that relationship with the Father,it is “Exactly” HOW IHAVE IT. YOU WERE SUPOSED TO FOLLOW ME ,NOT WORSHIP ME AS A GOD OF SOMEKIND. Then he will say depart from me you workers of iniquity, i know you not, from whence you are.

peace and love to you and yours. ……..gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

T8…..TELL ME THIS…..who was speaking to the seven churches in REVELATIONS, WAS IT The man Jesus, or was it the Spirit of the living God, or both speaking? ALSO tell us why did Jesus say , who so ever hasearstohear let him hear what the “SPIRIT IS SAYING” ,WHY DID HE JUST NOT SAY LET HIM HEAR WHAT I AM SAYING? Go figure that out and give us your answer. OK?

peace and love to you and yours. ………gene

Viewing 20 posts - 17,361 through 17,380 (of 19,165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account