Preexistence

• This topic has 19,164 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Nick.
Viewing 20 posts - 17,221 through 17,240 (of 19,165 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Hi KW,

The Word which spoke through Jesus Christ had glory with God in the beginning.

The Word even was God before being with God.

That is true but I do not think Jesus was addressing that subject with his words in John about his glory existing with God in beginning. 2 Timothy 1:9 makes the point that the glory of the saints also existed with God in the beginning. Both are part of God’ word, which in this case is the plan of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi DD,

Yes the Spirit of Christ has come in the flesh.

we do not speak of anyone according to the flesh, even Christ.2 Cor 5

kerwin
    Participant

Danny,

Hi T8,

I agree. Jesus the anointed one has come in the flesh!

No more, no less!

Peace to you!

Danny

No kidding as he is a human being.

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

Hi Nick,

The Spirit of Christ is the Spirit of God’s beloved Son.

Galatians 4:6 Because you are his sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, “Abba, Father.”

Danny

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi DD,

Yes.

And since Jesus Christ has come in the flesh it speaks not of flesh but of spirit.

The Spirit of Christ.

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

Hi Nick,

Pneuma (spirit) belongs to a being.
    I believe that the Spirit of Christ belongs to Christ the Son of God.
    The Spirit of God belongs to God.
    Now, I believe that Christ did preexist as a real being because the Spirit of Christ belongs to Christ.

Danny

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Danny Dabbs. ….Therein lies your problem you thinking it is refering to the man Jesus own spirit, but that is a wrong understanding of that scripture. How do we know that, because scripture says, this.

Rom 8:9-11, But you are not inthe flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the SPIRIT OF “GOD” DWELL “IN” YOU. NOW IF ANY MAN HAVE NOT THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST (THE ANOINTING SIRIT OF GOD) HE IS NONE OF HIS “GOD’S” 10, A if CHRIST (the anointing spirit of God) be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the “SPIRIT” IS LIFE, because of righteousness. 11, but if the Spirit of HIM (GOD) THAT RAISED Jesus fom the dead DWELL IN “YOU”, he that raised up JESUS THE Christo’s or anointed one , from the dead shall “ALSO” (the same way) quicken “your” mortal (dead) “BODY” BY HIS (GOD’S) SPIRIT, that dwells “in”you.

Danny how clear, how plain, how simple, this is to those who have the ANOINTING SPIRIT OF GOD “IN” them, it the same spirit that the anointed one JESUS had in him, that can be in us all. ONE GOD ONE FATHER IN ALL AND “THROUGH” ALL.

YOU SEE WE DO NOT MOVE JESUS AWAY FROM US BY TRYING TO MAKE HIM DIFFERENT THEN WE ARE brother. ALL WHO TRY TO MAKE JESUS DIFFERENT THEN THEY ARE CAN “NOT” UNDERSTAND THIS DANNY.

I, THANK GOD, that HE has given some that do, understand this.

peace and love to you and yours. ………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi DD,

Read the accounts of the death of Jesus Christ on Calvary and you will see his own spirit left him.

As eccl 12 tells us at death the spirit of man leaves him and returns to our God who gave it.

But then if you read 1 Peter 3 you will see that Jesus was yet alive in the Spirit.

While he was in the flesh his own spirit was with the anointing Spirit as Romans 8 tells us an happen with us.

kerwin
    Participant

Danny,

I differ some with Nick but Scripture teaches us there is only one Spirit in the unity of the Spirit and that Spirit is the Spirit of God. Scripture teaches us that God gave his own Spirit to Jesus the Son of David and so is also called the Spirit of Jesus. It is also given to believers and so technically but even the apostles are not important enough for it to be called after their name. In short Jesus received the Spirit of God directly and we receive the same Spirit indirectly from him and so both names are aliases for the the same Spirit.

Ed J
    Participant

“that refuses to answer question in scriptures”

Edj

please show me the quote so I can see what and why I did not answer a question ;but don’t play games that I know you good at it

Hi Pierre,

It is difficult to tell where one sentence ends and another begins, but I believe this is the entire sentence…

“it is to my understanding that when real truthful disciple can unite together they become a force of truth with the spirit of truth ,this shows that it is important to be living the truth of God that we so eagerly claim we observing

when you have around you so many claimers that refuses to answer question in scriptures to really covering up their own deceit ,refusing to acknowledge the truth in scriptures and twist the scriptures ,

are those the real disciples of Christ ?”

Ed J
    Participant

Ed J, I’m still waiting for you to answer this question:

http://holycitybiblecode.forumotion.co.nz/t224-communicate-with-spirit-do-you-speak-with-jesus

I asked the same question on HNet about a year ago – still I get no answer.

Is it so hard to do? It is JUST A YES OR NO QUESTION.

Hi miia,

I don’t believe you are ready to discuss “communicate” “with spirit”,
    because when the focus was on BD and BD’s book ‘Witness the Real’
    you got squeamish and called off the discussion. [b](Link)[/b]

Here is your quote to remind you of what you said…

“I told you I do NOT want to discuss this, now please don’t discuss this. – Miia

Miia
    Participant

Ed J, I want an answer, and have done for about a year now.

Do you speak to the Son of God (Jesus)? Yes, or no?

Ed J
    Participant

“I told you I do NOT want to discuss this, now please don’t discuss this. – Miia

Miia
    Participant

You can’t answer Ed, so you’re avoiding the question, and playing stupid (are you a Possum?).
    I said in the link you provided that I did not want to discuss Bd. Nothing to do with you, Possum.
    I also asked on a separate thread (can’t remember which one) if you communicated with the Son of God, or if, like the Jehovah Witnesses, you ignored him. You did not answer – and you still won’t answer. Why?
    Shall we assume then that you do not speak to the Son of God, Jesus Christ?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ,

Those who do not know the voice of the Spirit understandably think the man Jesus is talking about himself.

No surprises then that a doctrine of a preexistent being grew out of this mistake.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t,

So you have not been given the Spirit of truth.

If you are in Christ ask for it.

Proclaimer
    Participant

“Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!”

Nick, this completely contradicts what you just said.

1. BEFORE ABRAHAM, I am
    2. Jesus said.

You deny that Jesus said and that he was before Abraham.

Should I believe what you say here or should I believe what Jesus said?

Notice that it doesn’t say that Jesus Christ said it, but that Jesus said it.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

T8…..Your preseception of the word “before” used there is your problem. You assume he is speaking of his existence as a “being”, but that was not Jesus’ point , he was talking about his importance in standing. HE IS MORE INPORTANT than Abraham was and this also applies to John the baptist who also said that. Jesus did not prexist before his berth on this earth, that would completely destory the whole reason for him to be an ordinary human being exactly like we are in the first place. You are giving him an advantage he never had T8, he had to become what he is as an example for all human kind. To say Jesus allready preexisted as a perfect being, is to destory GOD THE FATHERS PERFECTING WORK IN ALL MANKIND. Jesus had to be EXACTLY LIKE US IN “EVERY” WAY IN ORDER TO BE OUR EXACT EXAMPLE. HE GROW IN THE ANOINTING SPIRIT TO WHAT HE NOW IS, SO CAN WE, BECAUSE HE IS AND WAS “EXACTLY” THE SAME AS WE ARE EXCEPT GOD THE FATHER PHYSICALLY FATHER HIM IN THE WOMB OF MARY HIMSELF,MAKING HIM, THE “ONLY” HUMAN “BEGOTTEN”, SON OF GOD. That is the “only” difference between him and us, and he is also the “FIRST” from the HUMAN RACE to attain to the RESURECTION from the dead.

peace and love to you and yours. ……..gene

WHY do you think Jesus cried out, “my God, my God, have you forsaken me”, does that sound like a man who experienced life before his earthly existence and understood what it was like to be morphed from one state of existence to another?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t8,

No contradiction as it was the Spirit speaking through Jesus.

Can you not yet believe Jesus?

Danny Dabbs
    Participant

Hi Gene and all!

I was wrong! I did pray to God for truth and salvation. I have changed my point of view. I believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God.
    1 John 1:2 “The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us.” I reject Unitarianism. Peace to you!

Danny

Viewing 20 posts - 17,221 through 17,240 (of 19,165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account