Preexistence

• This topic has 19,164 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Nick.
Viewing 20 posts - 17,181 through 17,200 (of 19,165 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi ED,

God is spirit.

The Spirit of Christ proceeded forth and came from God.

In the beginning the Word was with God and was God.

Was Jesus a living being?
    Was the spirit of Christ alive?

If so, you seem to infer that two beings or living things merged into one. If so, which one is alive now? Jesus or Christ? Or is he two living identities, a sort of biune being?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi t,

As usual you confuse the natural with the spitiual.

Get over the flesh, It contributes nothing.

You seem to infer that Jesus is flesh and the Word is Christ.

Did Jesus contribute nothing?

Proclaimer
    Participant

I won’t go to a church which believes in eternal conscious torment, which narrows my options (in the end) to virtually zero. If someone believes in eternal conscious torment, they don’t know God properly, and that is my conviction.

I tend to agree. What it proves to me is that most ignore the myriad of scriptures that confirm that the wicked will be destroyed. It also proves to me that most lack empathy. They teach or agree that lives will be burning for all eternity. Billions of years from now, they will still be screaming in intense pain because God is angry with them. And they sort of don’t care about it, so long as it is not them.

Anyway, that is another subject.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Miia,

“that refuses to answer question in scriptures”

Wow, Pierre is starting to sound a bit like you
    (in this sentence fragment I quoted from him).
    Instead he rejects the answers given to him.

Please take note

terraricca
    Participant

Edj

please show me the quote so I can see what and why I did not answer a question ;but don’t play games that I know you good at it

kerwin
    Participant

Here is a question for any that believe in Preexistence,

According to Scripture God gave Jesus God’s Spirit. So how was Jesus part of the unity of Spirit before he received that Spirit?

terraricca
    Participant

kerwin

tell me what do you think his the spirit that Jesus recieved from God and why did he recieved it and yet he was born with the holy spirit ?

i ask those questions for the simple reason that unless i know what you think it is so that i would be able to answer you in a way you would understand me or my answer

kerwin
    Participant

Terrarica,

Here is one aspect of the Spirit he received.

Galatians 5:22-24Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. 24 And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

Jesus was conceive in Mary of the Holy Spirit; which is to say miraculously.

The earth and all else was created of the Holy Spirit as well.

Miia
    Participant

Hi Miia,
    “that refuses to answer question in scriptures”

Wow, Pierre is starting to sound a bit like you
    (in this sentence fragment I quoted from him).
    Instead he rejects the answers given to him.

Please take note

Ed J, I’m still waiting for you to answer this question:

http://holycitybiblecode.forumotion.co.nz/t224-communicate-with-spirit-do-you-speak-with-jesus

I asked the same question on HNet about a year ago – still I get no answer.

Is it so hard to do? It is JUST A YES OR NO QUESTION.

;

Miia
    Participant

I tend to agree. What it proves to me is that most ignore the myriad of scriptures that confirm that the wicked will be destroyed. It also proves to me that most lack empathy. They teach or agree that lives will be burning for all eternity. Billions of years from now, they will still be screaming in intense pain because God is angry with them. And they sort of don’t care about it, so long as it is not them.

Exactly.

Anyway, that is another subject.

Yep.

Miia
    Participant

do you really believe what you saying ? it is to my understanding that when real truthful disciple can unite together they become a force of truth with the spirit of truth

Do you really think it is possible to have complete unity in beliefs without it becoming “manmade” doctrines? Terraricca.

when you have around you so many claimers that refuses to answer question in scriptures to really covering up their own deceit ,refusing to acknowledge the truth in scriptures and twist the scriptures ,

are those the real disciples of Christ ?

We choose ourselves to argue with them, Terraricca.

Miia
    Participant

Miia…..That is true no one has all the truth, we are a work in progress. We need to be more supportive and respect each others opinions. That doesn’t mean we have to completel agree with each other, but we can all work for unity of the faith. What i believe is most all of us are trying to work through scriptures that in most cases have been slanted towards trinitarian view points, in some cases in very subtile ways, that is why it is essential we seek our understanding through the spirit of truth, given unto all true believers, the spirit of truth will work us through our scriptures, reavealing to us the correct understanding causing us to reconize what is true and what is not. IMO

Not only is there the problems of parables that Jesus spoke to obscures the truth to the carnel minded, creating all kinds of confusions as whitnessed by all the different denominations holding to all kinds of different teachings, most all demonations though are slanted toward the false teachings of the trinity and the prexistence of JESUS . BUT in the maze of thousands of different denominations there are some who seem to have more truth then others, like the Unitarians like Anthony Buzzard, and L. Ray Smith , to me are good teachers and offer a good understanding of biblt truth. So it is not that God has not left without some good teachers IMO.

But having said that, we need to all try to be considerate of one another beening easely entreated, we can all get our points across without attacking the character of a person. IMO

peace and love to you and yours. ……..gene

Gene,
    We might not agree with all of your views, but you are correct (in the treatment of others).

I personally couldn’t care less what someone thought of the preexistence of Christ – It’s not like the first thing that pops into mind upon meeting another Christian. That aside – I have looked at it from both views and I DO believe that Jesus pre-existed, because it’s the only thing that fits with his own words.

Miia
    Participant

We choose ourselves to argue with them, Terraricca.

Just to clarify: By them I mean ‘Anybody’, (the JWs at the door/ the man down the road/ some people on a forum/ Aunty Emma…. whoever).

mikeangel
    Participant

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning. 3Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

Jesus was the big bang. Everything was created through him. He was with God in the beginning. That’s about as preexistant as it gets imho.  Peace

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Mike,

It is the Spirit that creates. Ps 104

Jesus is called the Word only at the end of the books of the Bible.

To apply that term to a foetus, an infant and an adolescent is not appropriate as it is because of his anointing with the Spirit.

Proclaimer
    Participant

He existed in the form of God, emptied himself and came in the flesh and is now in the glory that he had with the Father before the cosmos..

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,

Yes that is all true of the Spirit of Christ .

Did you think it was about the man?

kerwin
    Participant

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning. 3Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

Jesus was the big bang. Everything was created through him. He was with God in the beginning. That’s about as preexistant as it gets imho. Peace

Nice to hear from you but I do not see the Christ mentioned in that passage. The subject of that passage is the word that comes out of God’ mouth. The word that comes out of God’s mouth does indeed preexist the conception of Jesus Christ.

As for the big bang, the best that is covered with is with the words in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

kerwin
    Participant

t8,

He existed in the form of God, emptied himself and came in the flesh and is now in the glory that he had with the Father before the cosmos..

You are mixing the ideas from a few passages.

Philippians 2:5-7 or 8 is speaking the mind that is in Jesus Christ.

Adam and Eve were created with same mind, which was in the form God. As a result they did something to be grasped but instead emptied themselves of arrogance and took on the form of servants. Like Jesus the were made in the image if humanity.

It is only when sinned and so discarded their robes of righteousness that they became ashamed of their nakedness. In their shame they dressed themselves in clothes that did not hide overcome their shame for they continued to hide from the sight of God. It is only through the Anointed that we can be clothed in clothes that seperate us from out shame.

All human being come in the flesh for without the flesh we would be naked.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi T8,

Yes that is all true of the Spirit of Christ .

Did you think it was about the man?

Nick, coming in the flesh is what qualifies him as becoming a man.

And who came in the flesh? It was Jesus Christ, not just a man called Jesus, but Jesus the annointed.

Deny that blatantly or subtly makes no difference, it is still a denial.

Did it cross your mind Nick and Kerwin that Jesus Christ is the Word that was with God and later became flesh.

If his origins are not before the cosmos, then how exactly did Jesus Christ come in the flesh according to you.

He cannot, unless he was Jesus Christ when he was born as a baby.

He existed in the form of God, emptied himself. came in the flesh. died for our sins, and is now in the glory he had with the Father before the cosmos.

There are enough scriptures for us to trace his back his origins, even before Abraham.

God sent his son into the world. He even created the cosmos through his son.

If this offends you, then know it is not me you are offended at, but he who inspired the scriptures I quote.

but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe.

Viewing 20 posts - 17,181 through 17,200 (of 19,165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account