Preexistence

• This topic has 19,164 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Nick.
Viewing 20 posts - 16,921 through 16,940 (of 19,165 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

You still do not understand. A lot like gives me insight in how to correctly interpret the words of Scripture.

It seems am wrong about Philo being Gnostic according to the Jewish Encyclopedia entry on Gnosticism which claims.

Philo here speaks also of trimming the trees. It is evident that this is the language of gnosis, but the words are used allegorically, as in Scripture

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

You really need to be more respectful of the Word of God.

Deceivers are effective because they offer what is a LOT LIKE what is true.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

I am not the one that disrespects the word of God as I believe the wisdom cries out in the streets. You are one the doubts.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Whom do you serve?

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Why do you ask?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

T8…..NICK does not understand that it is not about the man, but about the truth. He is either jealous or has another problem, with human beings, but fails to see he is nothing but a human being himself. He attacks the the person character, with the Spirit of the accuser.

peace and love to you and yours ……….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,

No he is an honest man who speaks according to what he sees.

He will begin to see more with time.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….That is assuming he is not decieved. But what if he speaks from his own deceptions. Then would you say he is still a untruthful person, even if it is from his decieved mind? Because, WHILE IT MAY TRUE TO HIM, that still does not make it the truth of God, now does it? Nor does that make him a LIAR either.

But who are you to go around slaming peoples character? If a man speak even somethings that are untrue as you have and do , but to him it is true, who are you to smear him or his chearter, creating doubt about that person among brethern, to his own God, he or she will stand or fall. No one made you a judge among us, especially when you do the same thing you accuse others of.

It ok to disagree because as the saying goes iron sharpen iron, these posts and debates are for that purpose, tobring clearty to scriptures and to eddify the brothers, we should not be here to slam one anothers character. If what we say doesn’t eddify the brethern or at least have that kind of intension, then it should probably not be said. What good is it to anger and put people on the defensive about their character all the time. There are way of getting your points across without offending Nick.

peace and love to you and yours……….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,

Some are open to truth and teachable.

Rebels chart their own path.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….Are you open to truth? Are you teachable? You seem more worried about others then yourself. Can you tell us, IN WHAT WAY, does what you have said fit others and not you?

peace and love to you and yours ……..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,

Stay on the topic and avoid attacking others.

You do not need to take it personally when your ideas are found to be unspiritual.

AndrewAD
    Participant

Philo is used whenever convenient by some to back up their theories but then denied when he contradicts other theories,which is common practice among the saints.

Philo preached the logos which became Jesus Christ in St.John.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….who finds them UNSPRITUAL, ARE YOU OUR MEASURING STICK AS TO WHAT IS SPRITUAL OR NOT HERE? I do not take any commit here as personally, except when a person like you, makes it personal by thinking you have a right to say what a person says is spritual or not, are we to think you are able to tell us this? Have you replaced GOD THE FATHER, HAS HE MADE YOU OUR JUDGE OF WHAT IS SPIRITUAL OR NOT, MY HOW YOU GLORIFY YOURSELF NICK. The one who changes subject matter most here is “YOU” who throws off the subjects being descussed here OVER AND OVER.

princess
    Participant

Nick, the thread is 423 pages long. With the added bonus that this the second thread started on the subject. How much more topic can you stay on?

kerwin
    Participant

AndrewAd,

Philo is a source of Jewish culture at the time of Christ.

The logos Philo preached was not a being. Instead it had the qualities of God without being God.

John is claiming that the logos has the qualities of God. Some falsely assume that those qualities include being God and that the word is the preexistant Jesus.

Of course the word did not take on the qualities of humanity until it was united with the human being known as Jesus.

Even Philo called the logos the first born of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,

Let your words mirror scripture.

Teach what resonates with scriptural truth.

Expressing your own ideas is only spiritual when this is so.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…. so i will ask you again, does what i have said in SATAN’S DOCTRINE RESONATE WITH S RIPTURIAL TRUTH.? YES OR NO

Peace and love to you and yours ………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,

No.

Scripture does not say what you do.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….please tell us where, what i have said does not agree with scriptures, give us your understanding of 2Ths2.. i and am sure other eagerly await you explanation of what is written there. Saying it does not agree without any definite explanation on show your lack of any understanding of what i written there. Don’t make a blanket statement without any explanation, that only say you are ignorant about the subject being descussed.

Proof of what you say is what i want, at lest ican produce scriptural support when idisagree withyou, so why not have the decency return the favor?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,

You interpret ONE VERSE according to your personal perceptions.

Rather you should find parallel verses that establish the truth and keep your opinions out of it.

Viewing 20 posts - 16,921 through 16,940 (of 19,165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account