Preexistence

• This topic has 19,164 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Nick.
Viewing 20 posts - 15,981 through 16,000 (of 19,165 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 27 2014,20:41)
    Hi MB,
    Yes the Word was with God and was God.

But not another person
    Not a sentient being

This is about the Spirit of God

Ahh…….. but you're BUSTED on that point, Nick. That's why you CAN'T answer those 5 questions.

Because the one who came down from heaven to do the will of his God HAD HIS OWN WILL as well.

And only “sentient beings” have their own will, Nick.

So you can keep SAYING IT until you're blue in the face. But you have already been proven WRONG about it. (Using SCRIPTURE, of course.)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 27 2014,20:40)
    Hi MB,
    No we do not work on POSSIBILITIES.

Hmmm………

And right after Pierre just posted a scripture that says nothing is impossible for God. ???

What I work from is the SCRIPTURES, Nick. And according THE SCRIPTURES, it IS possible for God to cause His spirit Son to be born as a human being from the womb of a human woman.

I'm not just “GUESSING” at this stuff. I'm only relating to you guys what the scriptures clearly teach.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    You say

“And only “sentient beings” have their own will, Nick”

Is this in your bible
    or your theology books?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Reliance on POSSIBILITIES is a weak answer.
    No scriptural basis?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    No your current foundation is in theology.
    That is where you retreat when you get lost.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    you say

“When those kinds of words are used, then it is OBVIOUS that this particular one used to be something else BEFORE he WAS MADE flesh.”

Obvious to reason or logic?
    Do you not listen to the Spirit?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 28 2014,11:00)
    Hi MB,
    you say

“When those kinds of words are used, then it is OBVIOUS that this particular one used to be something else BEFORE he WAS MADE flesh.”

Obvious to reason or logic?
    Do you not listen to the Spirit?

Nick

what spirit do you listen to ??? men's and yours,???

not the one in scriptures ;even the words of Christ you do not believe unless you change them ;

you do not glorify God by your intervention in his words and his son words ,

with one side of your mouth you say the scriptures are the words of God ,with the other side of your mouth you say they do not mean what it is written ,

so what is the difference between you and the pharisees and you and facing Christ words ,

it seem to me that you fail to believe God and his son ;

Jn 3:5 Jesus answered, “I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit.
    Jn 3:6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.
    Jn 3:7 You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’
    Jn 3:8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”

but these words only tells one side of the story;

Jn 3:12 I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things?
    Jn 3:13 No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.

who is the son of man ??? is he also the “son of God “??? yes ,he is Jesus Christ right ???

but see how you now believe those words ,and change them and so become a unbeliever in the scriptures ,and so are judged not by me but by ;

Jn 3:17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
    Jn 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.

so you are standing here ;but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.

I am sure you will deny it ;but this is your argument with Mike and me ; YOU DO NOT BELIEVE JESUS CHRIST THE SON OF GOD .

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 27 2014,22:56)
    Hi MB,
    You say

Is this in your bible
    or your theology books?

Why?  Do YOU think that non-sentient things (“non-conscious things”) can have their own wills?

Please explain…….

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 27 2014,22:58)
    Hi MB,
    No your current foundation is in theology.
    That is where you retreat when you get lost.

Speaking of “retreat”………………

Nick,

John 6:38
    For I have come down from heaven, not to do my will, but to do the will of him who sent me.

1. Nick, does this “spirit” you talk about have HIS OWN WILL, like a person?

John 6:51
    I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

2. Nick, does this “spirit” you talk about have FLESH?

John 6:62
    Then what if you see the Son of Man ascend to where he was before!

3. Nick, Can this “spirit” you talk about be SEEN by human eyes?

4. Nick, is this “spirit” you talk about called “the Son of Man”?

5. Nick, who did the God-inspired writer of John 6 attribute all those words to? What is the NAME of the person who said all of those words I quoted?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    1 Yes. The Spirit said so through Jesus
    2. No the Spirit inhabits flesh. Jesus was filled with the Spirit made one with the Spirit.
    3. No the Spirit is invisible so as with the unclean spirits the vessel does the speaking.
    4. Jesus, one with the Spirit by anointing at the Jordan, being born of Mary is the son of man.
    5. Jesus was used by the Spirit within to say these words.

remember the FLESH CONTRIBUTES NOTHING

terraricca
    Participant

nICK

remember the FLESH CONTRIBUTES NOTHING

IF THIS WAS TRUE YOU WOULD BE DEAD ;

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 28 2014,19:02)
    Nick,

Quote (mikeboll @ 64)
    John 6:38
    For I have come down from heaven, not to do my will, but to do the will of him who sent me.

1.  Nick, does this “spirit” you talk about have HIS OWN WILL, like a person?

Hi MB,
    1 Yes. The Spirit said so through Jesus

1. So then this “Spirit” was indeed a SENTIENT BEING before it came down from heaven to do God's will instead of HIS OWN?

2. HOW do you know the Spirit said so THROUGH Jesus? John, who wrote that account, attributed those words TO Jesus – not to some “spirit inside of him”.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

2. No the Spirit inhabits flesh.

I believe the words were “MY flesh”….. not “the flesh I INHABIT RIGHT NOW”.

So, does your “Spirit” actually have HIS OWN flesh, Nick?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (mikeboll @ 64)
    John 6:62
    Then what if you see the Son of Man ascend to where he was before!

3. Nick, Can this “spirit” you talk about be SEEN by human eyes?

4. Nick, is this “spirit” you talk about called “the Son of Man”?

Hi MB,

3. No the Spirit is invisible so as with the unclean spirits the vessel does the speaking.

4. Jesus, one with the Spirit by anointing at the Jordan, being born of Mary is the son of man.

3. So if the person doing the actual speaking was talking about being SEEN, and spirits are invisible to human eyes, then chances are it WASN'T the spirit saying those words, right?

4. So since “the SPIRIT” is NOT the one called “the Son of Man”, it is clear that “the SPIRIT” is NOT the one who spoke the words of John 6:62, right?

And since “the Son of Man” IS the one who spoke those words, it must be “the Son of Man” who would ascend to WHERE HE WAS BEFORE, right?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    I cannot find SENTIENT BEING in scripture
    Perhaps I should try your theology books?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Well Jesus was not offering his human flesh was he?
    The food was his words.

They are Spirit and life to those who are in him.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB
    You say
    ” HOW do you know the Spirit said so THROUGH Jesus? John, who wrote that account, attributed those words TO Jesus – not to some “spirit inside of him”.

You can carry this argument on with God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    ” So if the person doing the actual speaking was talking about being SEEN, and spirits are invisible to human eyes, then chances are it WASN'T the spirit saying those words, right?”

Did anyone see God when he made several proclamations about His son?
    Do you think they could not have occurred either??

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB
    “So since “the SPIRIT” is NOT the one called “the Son of Man”, it is clear that “the SPIRIT” is NOT the one who spoke the words of John 6:62, right?

And since “the Son of Man” IS the one who spoke those words, it must be “the Son of Man” who would ascend to WHERE HE WAS BEFORE, right? “

Since you are unable to discern the Spirit speaking though Jesus despite knowing unclean spirits spoke through men you would be convinced about this wouldn't you?

But you are sadly deceived and your argument again is with God

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 29 2014,11:39)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 27 2014,22:56)
    Hi MB,
    You say

Is this in your bible
    or your theology books?

Why?  Do YOU think that non-sentient things (“non-conscious things”) can have their own wills?

Please explain…….

Hi MB,
    As soon as we find SENTIENT BEINGS in scripture we can continue this discussion.

Otherwise chat with your fellow blind theologians

Viewing 20 posts - 15,981 through 16,000 (of 19,165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account