Preexistence

• This topic has 19,164 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Nick.
Viewing 20 posts - 15,381 through 15,400 (of 19,165 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 22 2012,02:49)
    Wakeup………..> Let me paraphrase it for you, Jesus said,  you must “EAT” (take to yourself) my flesh to have eternal life.
    That means apply his sacrifice of his Flesh for and to  you own self for the forgiveness of Sin.

peace and love to you and yours…………………………………………………………….gene

Hi Gene,

How can you do that without “Free Will”?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ July 22 2012,07:55)
    Gene B.

(1) Is the –HOLY BIBLE– NOT THE WORD OF GOD?
    (2) IS JESUS NOT THE WORD OF GOD?
    (3) WAS NOT ALL MADE BY THE WORD?
    (4) DID THE WORD NOT PROCEED OUT OF THE MOUTH OF GOD?
    (5) WAS NOT ALL CREATED BY THE BREATH OF HIS MOUTH?

Just ponder on those.

wakeup.

Hi Wakeup, I'll answer your questions…

1) Yes
    2) He is not
    3) Yes
    4) Yes
    5) Yes

God bless

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ July 26 2012,12:12)

Gene B.

Just ponder on those.

wakeup.

1) Yes
    2) He is not
    3) Yes
    4) Yes
    5) Yes

God bless

edj

so you do not believe that Christ preexisted as a being and first creation as Paul explain it in Col1 14-20,right ???

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 26 2012,15:48)

Gene B.

Just ponder on those.

wakeup.

1) Yes
    2) He is not
    3) Yes
    4) Yes
    5) Yes

God bless

edj

so you do not believe that Christ preexisted as a being and first creation as Paul explain it in Col1 14-20,right ???

PIERRE,

What I do not believe is: YOUR 'spin' .

God bless

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ July 26 2012,05:08)

Wakeup………..> Let me paraphrase it for you, Jesus said,  you must “EAT” (take to yourself) my flesh to have eternal life.
    That means apply his sacrifice of his Flesh for and to  you own self for the forgiveness of Sin.

Hi Gene,

God bless

EDJ………You can't, unless the FATHER DRAWS YOU. Did not Jesus say “no man “CAN” come unto me unless the Father DRAW Him.

Remember where it says, it is not of Him that Wills , but God that calls. A Will that is FREE  has nothing to do with it EdJ. IMO

peace and love to you and yours………………………………….Gene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ July 27 2012,01:01)

Gene B.

Just ponder on those.

wakeup.

1) Yes
    2) He is not
    3) Yes
    4) Yes
    5) Yes

God bless

edj

PIERRE,

God bless

edj

:( what spin

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 27 2012,03:14)

Quote (Ed J @ July 27 2012,01:01)

Gene B.

Just ponder on those.

wakeup.

1) Yes
    2) He is not
    3) Yes
    4) Yes
    5) Yes

God bless

edj

PIERRE,

God bless

edj

:( what spin

Religious spin

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

John 6:38-40
    For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will, but the will of him who sent me; and this is the will of him who sent me, that I should lose nothing of all that he has given me, but raise it up at the last day. For this is the will of my Father, that every one who sees the Son and believes in him should have eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

The first verse suggests that Jesus came down from Heaven. This seems to contradict the belief that he first existed as a man when he was born into this world. For if Jesus was first conceived through Mary and had no pre-existance, how could he come down from Heaven. We (Man) come into existence when we are born into this world, but would it be correct to say that we came down from Heaven? If a verse said that we came down from Heaven, would you think that we pre-existed in Heaven?

SOURCE

Yahshua Came Down From Heaven

Ed J
    Participant

edj

(1)so you do not believe that Christ preexisted (2)as a being and (3)first creation as Paul explain it in Col1 14-20,right ???

PIERRE

1. I believe the spirit of Christ preexisted.
    2. No
    3. The subject in Col.1 starts in verse 12, not verse 14.

Do you consider our physical conception as the creation of us?

God bless

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

John 1:15
    15 John testifies concerning him. He cries out, saying, “This was he of whom I said, 'He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.' “

John the Baptist was 6 months older than Jesus Christ. So it is physically impossible for Christ to be before him. Surely this verse shows preexistence, at least before John the Baptist.

SOURCE

The following is an excerpt from an excerpt of an article that I placed on one of my web pages:

John's Predecessor?

Jn.1:15 certainly suggests a pre-existence as it appears in the KJV; “John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.” First, the idea of preference is not found in the Greek. The word translated “preferred” is the Greek “ginomai”. Of the 678 times it was used in the New Testament, it was translated “preferred” three times, once here and in verses 27 & 30 where the same verse is repeated. The word should have been translated “come to be”; “He that cometh after me has come to be before me.” As for the latter part of the verse, the word “before” is from the Greek “protos”. Of the 105 times this word was used, it was never translated “before”. The most common rendering is “first,” however, based on the context, it should be translated as the Emphatic Diaglott has it, “for he is my Superior.” “Protos” was also translated “chief” nine times in the New Testament.
    SOURCE

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

ELOHIM: ONE, OR MORE THAN ONE?
    Exodus 32
    By Voy Wilks
    3/9/98

The Pre-existence
    Philippians 2:5-11
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

Did Yahshua Create Or Pre-exist His Birth?

“Jesus IS God!”?

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Jude 1:25
    to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.

SOURCE

The above translation of Yahdah 1:25 clearly shows that it is Father Yahweh Who is “the ONLY God our Savior” and goes on to clearly show that He is the only source of “power and authority.” Many erroneously proclaim that “the ONLY God our Savior” is in reference to Yahshua is this verse, but when one takes into consideration the context of Scripture as a whole, it can only be rightly concluded that this is clearly in reference to Father Yahweh and not to His son. Following is an excerpt from an article that I have on one of my web pages that explains this:

There are several passages in which Yahweh is spoken of as “God” and yet, they are mistakenly applied to Yeshua. The first is Jude 1:24,25. It reads, “Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, to the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.” Who is it that is able to keep us from falling? Jn.10:29 and Rom.16:25-27 teach us that it is the Father (Yahweh) who keeps us. He is “God only wise” or “the only wise God.”

SOURCE

The author of the article that the quote at the beginning of this post was taken has also erroneously applied the “before all ages” to Yahshua as proof that he pre-existed his birth as an actual being, when this is in reference to Father Yahweh and not to His son Yahshua. Following are translations of this verse that are more accurately translated that point out that the “before all ages” should correctly be applied to Father Yahweh and not to His son Yahshua:

World English Bible
    to God our Savior, who alone is wise, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and forever. Amen.

Young's Literal Translation
    to the only wise God our Saviour, is glory and greatness, power and authority, both now and to all the ages! Amen.

Webster's Bible Translation
    To God the only wise, our Savior, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

American King James Version
    To the only wise God our Savior, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
    Before his glory in joy ( He alone is God our Savior by Yeshua The Messiah our Lord ); to him is the praise, dominion, honor and majesty, even now and unto all ages. Amen.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
    Before time began, now, and for eternity glory, majesty, power, and authority belong to the only God, our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
    To the only wise God our Savior, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and forever. Amen.  

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
    To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.
    SOURCE OF VERSE REFERENCES

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

Exodus 32
    By Voy Wilks
    3/9/98

The Pre-existence
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

“Jesus IS God!”?

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Continuing on from Jude 1:25 the author of the article goes on to say:

&

Colossians 1:17
    He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

These 2 verses you just read blatantly say that he is before all things.

The author here does not understanding what is meant by “before all things”, since they believe that this is in reference to Yahshua pre-existing his birth. This will be correctly explained in the following excerpt of an article that I have taken from one of my web pages:

Does Hebrews 1:1-2; Colossians 1:16-17 & John 1:10 Say That Yahshua Was Involved in the Creation of the World?

Please note how these passages are translated in the Emphatic Diaglott Greek Interlinear.

Diaglott, Hebrews 1:1-2

Hebrews 1:1 In many parts and in many ways long ago the God having spoken to the fathers by the prophets, in last of the days of these spoke to us by a son,

Hebrews 1:2 whom he appointed an heir of all things, (on account of whom also the ages he made,)

Diaglott, Colossians 1:16-17

Colossians 1:16 because in him were created the things all, the things in the heavens and the things on the earth, the things seen and the things unseen, whether thrones, or lordships, or governments, or authorities; the things all on account of him and for him have been created;

Colossians 1:17 and he is in advance of all, and the things all in him has been placed together;

Diaglott, John 1:10

John 1:10 In the world he was, and the world through him was, and the world him not knew.

The Greek word di' or dia which is translated 'by' in the A.K.J.V. and 'through' in the R.S.V. in Hebrews 1:2 is translated 'on account of' in the Emphatic Diaglott.

This changes the meaning of this passage of Hebrews 1:1-2 considerably from how the K.J.V. and the A.S.V. translates. It does not say that Yahshua was involved in the creation of the world, but that the world was created “on account of” of him. This translation brings Hebrews 1:2 in harmony with the entire context of Scripture, in that it was Father Yahweh Who created the heavens and the earth ALONE (cf. Psalm 121:1, 33:6-9; Isayah 44:24) . Following is how the K.J.V. and the R.S.V. translates Hebrews 1:2.

K.J.V., Hebrews 1:2

Hath in these last days spoken unto us by [his] Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

R.S.V., Hebrews 1:2

but in these last days he has spoken to us by a Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world.

Now, I ask you, are you going to ignore the entire context of Scripture where it is said that Father Yahweh ALONE created the heavens and the earth for how a translator may have translated a word in a few passages?

Even Yahshua himself credited Father Yahweh for the creation of Adam and Eve, not even so much as mentioning that he had any hand in creating them.

Have you not read, that He Who made [them] at the beginning made them male and female, (Matthew 19:4; Genesis 1:27).

Yahshua surely had an involvement in the creation of the heavens and the earth in that Father Yahweh had him in mind, but he had no hand in the actual creation in the beginning. He was not a “co-creator” with Father Yahweh in the beginning as many deceptively teach. He did not even “pre-exist” with Father Yahweh, nor was he Father Yahweh. Yahshua was Father Yahweh's son as Scripture teaches.SOURCE

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

Exodus 32
    By Voy Wilks
    3/9/98

The Pre-existence
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

“Jesus IS God!”?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 27 2012,02:33)

Hi Gene,

God bless
    Ed J

EDJ………You can't,  unless the FATHER DRAWS YOU. Did not Jesus say “no man “CAN” come unto me unless the Father DRAW Him.

Remember where it says, it is not of Him that Wills , but God that calls. A Will that is FREE  has nothing to do with it EdJ. IMO

Hi Gene,

Without “Free Will” there is only robots.
    Love can only exist if we have a
    “Free Will” to express love.

God bless

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Continuing on:

John 1:3
    Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. (Emphasis in bold text and underlining mine.)

So there is nothing that was made that didn't involve Jesus/The Word being there. This verse alone answers your question because the universe, angels and men were made and Jesus was present when they were created.

I myself believe that this verse is in reference to Father Yahweh and His LITERAL word that was with Him in the beginning and not to His son Yahshua as an actual being that was with Him in the beginning. But there are those who believe that it is giving reference to Yahshua His son and also do not believe he pre-existed his birth as an actual being that was with his and our Father Yahweh in the beginning as I do. There are a number of other verses from the so-called “New Testament” that translate to Greek word 'dia into our English language as 'by' and 'through' which I do not believe to be correct in accordance with the context of Scripture as a whole, since Scripture clearly teaches that Father Yahweh “ALONE”, “BY HIMSELF” with “NO OTHER BESIDE HIM” created the heavens and the earth and all things in them. Scripture also clearly teaches that there is ONLY ONE true source of power or Mighty One [“God”], and that is Father Yahweh. Father Yahweh's son Yahshua was never given reference to in Scripture as “a mighty one” [“a god”], but he was acting on behalf of Father Yahweh the one and only true Mighty One just as Moshe acted on His behalf with Pharaoh (Exodus 7:1). Both of these MEN (They were not LITERALLY “God” or “a god”.) received power (authority), might and strength from on high from the one and only true source of power Who is theirs and our Heavenly Father and Creator Yahweh. As to the other verses where the Greek word 'dia have been translated into our English language as 'by' and 'through', note the following excerpt and please do take into consideration the source from where it has been taken:

“BY Yeshua were all things created,” is what “Three Creation Scriptures”
    (Colossians 1:16, Ephesians 3:9, Hebrews 1:2) seem to be saying.
    BY is translated from the Greek dia (#1223) which according to Strong’s Dictionary
    is a primitive preposition denoting the channel of an act. Dia may be translated as “after, always,
    among, at to avoid, BECAUSE OF, briefly, BY, FOR, from, in, by reason of, that,
    though, through.”
    One way to decide which word to use for dia is to examine the context of the scripture
    in which it is used. Why was BY chosen by the translators of some versions instead of FOR?
    Trinitarian translators would have their reasons; others would have their reasons. Context
    must decide which is correct.
    Page 27 That Little Word “Dia”
    [PDF] SOURCE

Also take into consideration the following links that contain various studies on this subject:

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

Exodus 32
    By Voy Wilks
    3/9/98

The Pre-existence
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

“Jesus IS God!”?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Sep. 15 2012,05:10)
    The above translation of Yahdah 1:25 clearly shows that it is Father Yahweh Who is “the ONLY God our Savior” and goes on to clearly show that He is the only source of “power and authority.” Many erroneously proclaim that “the ONLY God our Savior” is in reference to Yahshua is this verse, but when one takes into consideration the context of Scripture as a whole, it can only be rightly concluded that this is clearly in reference to Father Yahweh and not to His son. Following is an excerpt from an article that I have on one of my web pages that explains this:

Fran4Yahweh………..Good Posts brother I agree with them. Jesus is an always will be “UNDER” the Father who he said is is the “ONLY” true GOD.

peace and love to you and yours Frank…………………………gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 15 2012,05:59)

Hi Gene,

God bless
    Ed J

EDJ………You can't,  unless the FATHER DRAWS YOU. Did not Jesus say “no man “CAN” come unto me unless the Father DRAW Him.

Hi Gene,

God bless

EdJ………….The words A FREEWILL is a Oxymoron the exist not such thing as w WILL the is FREE or it simply would not be a WILL now would it?> I realize this goes against Human PRIDE. But the Word WILL itself means it is DRIVEN by what influences it> Those influences are BIASED unless they a line with GODS WILL. And even GOD'S Will is a “council-ed Will”. EdJ as i have said here many times before becasue God allows us liberty to exercise our Captivated and Biased Wills in no way means those biased Will are Free “themselves”. Think about it EDJ>

peace and love to you and yours…………………………………gene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Sep. 17 2012,09:53)

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 15 2012,05:59)

Hi Gene,

God bless
    Ed J

Hi Gene,

God bless

EdJ………….The words A FREEWILL is a Oxymoron the exist not such thing as w WILL the is FREE or it simply would not be a WILL now would it?>  I realize this goes against Human PRIDE. But the Word WILL itself means it is DRIVEN by what influences it> Those influences are BIASED unless they a line with GODS WILL.  And even GOD'S Will is a “council-ed Will”. EdJ as i have said here many times before becasue God allows us liberty to exercise our Captivated and Biased Wills in no way means those biased Will are Free “themselves”.  Think about it EDJ>

peace and love to you and yours…………………………………gene

Gene

if I lock you in chaines and give you a sledge hammer to breack rocks around you ;what will do you have ??? exept breaking rocks???

would this be your only will ??? I mean to willfully breacking rocks ???

if not what would be your other will ???

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Terricca……….Sorry i don't have a clue as to what you are saying brother. What do you mean by “OTHER WILL” i only have “ONE” WILL that i know of and it is biased by the understand and Knowledge in Me , nothing “FREE ” about it. Jesus said concerning his Will, “Not my WILL but THY WILL BE DONE” and again “Thy Kingdom come and Thy “WILL” be done”. God does grant us the Liberty to exercise our “BIASED” WILL though i have alway said that. But those will themselves are far from free becasue they are “INFLUENCED WILL”. You as most here are getting that Idea of a will that has been give “LIBERTY: as the WILL “ITSELF” as being Free. There exists no such thing as a WILL that is FREE if so produce the Scripture that say we have One then> IMO

peace and love to you and yours…………………………………………..gene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Sep. 17 2012,10:24)
    Terricca……….Sorry i don't have a clue as to what you are saying brother. What do you mean by “OTHER WILL” i only have “ONE” WILL that i know of and it is biased by the  understand and Knowledge in Me , nothing “FREE ” about it.  Jesus said concerning his Will,  “Not my WILL but THY WILL BE DONE”  and again “Thy Kingdom come and Thy “WILL” be done”.  God does grant us the Liberty to exercise our “BIASED” WILL though i have alway said that. But those will themselves are far from free becasue they are “INFLUENCED WILL”.  You as most here are getting that Idea of a will that has been give “LIBERTY: as the WILL “ITSELF” as being Free.  There exists no such thing as a WILL that is FREE  if so produce the Scripture that say we have One then> IMO

peace and love to you and yours…………………………………………..gene

g

Terricca……….Sorry i don't have a clue as to what you are saying brother

is my example to complicate for you to understand ??? may be you should ask a 6 year old around you he or she would understand ,

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Continuing on:

John 8:58
    “I tell you the truth,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!”

Jesus claimed to exist before Abraham. The words I am mean I exist. So Jesus existed before Abraham.

SOURCE

The word 'born' was added by the translators to this verse because of their not understanding Father Yahweh's inspired prophetic word that His son Yahshua spoke. The author of this article is misunderstanding Yahshua speaking illustratively (parabolically) just as the Sanhedrin (Jewish religious leader) had misunderstood what he was saying. Note Yahshua's reason for speaking to them in illustration (parable):

The disciples came to him and asked, “Why do you speak to the people in parables?” He replied, “The knowledge of the secrets of the Kingdom of Yahweh has been given to you, but not to them. Whoever has will be given more, and he will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken from him. This is why I speak to them in parables: Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand. In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isayah: 'You will be ever hearing but never understanding; you will be ever seeing but never perceiving. For this people's heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts and turn, and I would heal them.' But blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear. For I tell you the truth, many prophets and righteous men longed to see what you see but did not see it, and to hear what you hear but did not hear it (Mattithyah 13:10-17; cf. Isayah 6:9-10).

It is quite obvious that the translator's and in turn the author of this article are agreeing here with the Sanhedrin rather than understanding Yahshua's illustrative (parabolic) speaking. Yahshua here never mentions anything about pre-existing before Abraham was “born”, but is in fact speaking of his preeminence (or being “greater than“) Abraham or any of the other prophets before him as is noted in what these Sanhedrin had asked Yahshua previously:

Are you greater than our father Abraham? He died, and so did the prophets. Who do you think you are?” (verse 53)

It is quite obvious that Yahshua thought and in fact knew that he was greater than all other former prophets before him. Please see my web page as follows for more in depth information  on this subject:

“Before Abraham Was, I Am.”?

WHO IS THE WORD?
    John Chapter One

Exodus 32
    By Voy Wilks
    3/9/98

The Pre-existence
    By Voy Wilks
    1/29/92

“Jesus IS God!”?

Viewing 20 posts - 15,381 through 15,400 (of 19,165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account