Preexistence

• This topic has 19,164 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Nick.
Viewing 20 posts - 14,421 through 14,440 (of 19,165 total)
  • Author
    Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

What does it mean when Scripture says that Yahweh can “dwell in” people?

The Greek word “meno” [the o has a long sound], is translated into several English words or phrases in the KJV.  English words like “dwell in” and “abide in” and “live in” and “continue in” and “remain in.”  When examining many of the Scriptures that contain this word “meno,” the context most often carries the thought of BEING IN COMPLETE UNITY of purpose.  An over-all translation of “meno” would be “remains united with or in.” Following are provided some examples which may show that “remains united with” seems to be the understanding. Note that we can remain united [MENO] with all of the following things:  Yahweh, His spirit, His word, Yahshua, things we have learned, light, love, joy, calling.  Being united does NOT mean that we are Yahweh or Yahshua or any of the other things listed; and, Yahshua being united with Father, Yahweh, doesn't mean that he is Yahweh Almighty.

And he that keeps His commandments dwells [meno] in Him, and He in him. And hereby we know that He abides [meno] in us, by the spirit which He has given us (1 Yahchanan [John] 3:24).

He that loves his brother abides [meno] in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him (1 Yahchanan [John] 2:10).

He that eats my flesh, and drinks my blood, dwells [meno] in me, and I in him Yahchanan [John] 6:56).

Abide [meno] in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide [meno] in the vine; no more can you, except you abide [meno] in me. … If you abide [meno] in me, and my words abide [meno] in you, you shall ask what you will, and it shall be done unto you. … If yo abide [meno] in me, and my words abide [meno] in you, you shall ask what you will, and it shall be done unto you. … As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you: continue [meno] you in my love. … If you keep my commandments, you shall abide [meno] in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide [meno] in his love. … These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain [meno] in you, and that your joy might be full (Yahchanan [John] 15:4,7,9,10).

Let every man abide [meno] in the same calling wherein he was called. Brethren, let every man, wherein he was called, abide with Yahweh (1 Corinthians 7:20,24).

No man has seen Yahweh at any time. If we love one another, Yahweh dwells [meno] in us, and his love is perfected in us. Whoever shall confess that Yahshua is the son of Yahweh, Yahweh dwells [meno] in him, and he in Yahweh.And we have known and believed the love that Yahweh has for us, Yahweh is love; and he that dwells [meno] in love dwells in Yahweh, and Yahweh in him (1 Yahchanan [John] 4:12,15,16).

Then said Yahshua to the Yahdahim who believed in him. if you continue [meno] in my word, then you are my students indeed; … (Yahchanan [John] 8:31).

But continue [meno] you in the things which you have learned and have been assured of, knowing of whom you have learned them (2 Timothy 3:14).

Believe you not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? The words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwells [meno] in me, he does the work and I will pray to the Father, and He shall give you another comforter, that He may abide [meno] with you for ever; … even the spirit of truth; that the world cannot receive, because it perceives not, neither knows it: but you know it; for it dwells [meno] with you, and shall be in you (Yahchanan [John] 14:10,16,17).
    SOURCE

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Thanks for that info on “meno”, Frank! :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Frank,
    So sort of IN AGREEMENT WITH In your opinion?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 30 2012,13:26)
    Hi T,
    Is seems your reliance on the OT Law robs you of the salvation in Jesus.
    There is none righteous[Rom3

N

EZE 18:24 “But when a righteous man turns away from his righteousness, commits iniquity and does according to all the abominations that a wicked man does, will he live? All his righteous deeds which he has done will not be remembered for his treachery which he has committed and his sin which he has committed; for them he will die.
    EZE 33:13 “When I say to the righteous he will surely live, and he so trusts in his righteousness that he commits iniquity, none of his righteous deeds will be remembered; but in that same iniquity of his which he has committed he will die.

there is nothing in the new covenant that is not spell out in the old except that the new is the fulfillment of the old,

and offers us the way to be come reconciled with our God,

but they are both connected .

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Mar. 30 2012,17:38)

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 29 2012,14:11)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Mar. 29 2012,20:06)

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 28 2012,14:26)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Mar. 28 2012,20:45)

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 28 2012,13:37)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Mar. 28 2012,20:35)

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 28 2012,13:29)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Mar. 28 2012,20:27)

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 28 2012,13:22)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Mar. 28 2012,20:18)

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 28 2012,13:13)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Mar. 28 2012,20:05)

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 28 2012,13:01)
    F

The Holy Spirit Is Not A Person Or A Being!

that is correct

Pierre,

And Father Yahweh's word is also Not A Person Or A Being!

F

that is not correct,because it is in the message

Pierre,

Father Yahweh's set apart [“holy”] spirit is also personified in Trinitarian translations just as His word is also personified in Trinitarian translations.

F

this is not so in the message

Pierre,

Sure it is! You just refuse to see it!

F

show me in scriptures ,or re phrase your question ok ?

Pierre,

I never asked you a question!  :D

F

ok, so you did not ,so big deal ,but you did not answer mine  :(

Pierre,

I have answered all of your questions THOROUGHLY! You just refuse to take note of them!

The following is an excerpt from my web page which follows this excerpt:

The Holy Spirit is referred to as he and him in translation. This is also true of common tools, etc. “Then said Yahshua unto him, Put up again thy sword into, his place, for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword” (Mattithyah [Matthew] 26:52; also cf. Yechetzqyah [Ezekiel] 21:3-5, 30). The word 'house' is personified in translation in Yeremyah [Jeremiah] 22:14. The word 'ordinance' is personified in translation in Exodus 13:10. The word 'patience' is given a female personification in translation in Yaaqob [James] 1:4. The word 'wisdom' is also given a female personification in Proverbs 1:20; 9:1 & 31:26.

The Holy Spirit Is An It!
    Father Yahweh's Word Is Also An It!
    Father Yahweh's Word Is Also Not A Person Or A Being!

F

you are now try to get me in grammar in a multi language study,

but I ask you just a few scriptures not a live long study of pebbles,

do you know what his the message that we have to believe in ???

so that we can be saved by ???

Pierre,

No, I have spoken to you in plain English that you obviously have problems understand and communicating in.  :D

F

IF all you say was true and of God then I have been warned and you are not guilty of my blood ,

but if all you say is wrong then you are guilty of trying to corrupt a righteous man

so let it leave at that and see,

Pierre,

Well, where is it that I tried to get you in grammar and a multi-language study?  ???

F

Pierre,

I have answered all of your questions THOROUGHLY! You just refuse to take note of them!

The Holy Spirit is referred to as he and him in translation. This is also true of common tools, etc. “Then said Yahshua unto him, Put up again thy sword into, his place, for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword” (Ma
    ttithyah [Matthew] 26:52; also cf. Yechetzqyah [Ezekiel] 21:3-5, 30). The word 'house' is personified in translation in Yeremyah [Jeremiah] 22:14. The word 'ordinance' is personified in translation in Exodus 13:10. The word 'patience' is given a female personification in translation in Yaaqob [James] 1:4. The word 'wisdom' is also given a female personification in Proverbs 1:20; 9:1 & 31:26.

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 30 2012,14:23)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Mar. 30 2012,17:38)

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 29 2012,14:11)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Mar. 29 2012,20:06)

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 28 2012,14:26)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Mar. 28 2012,20:45)

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 28 2012,13:37)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Mar. 28 2012,20:35)

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 28 2012,13:29)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Mar. 28 2012,20:27)

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 28 2012,13:22)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Mar. 28 2012,20:18)

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 28 2012,13:13)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Mar. 28 2012,20:05)

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 28 2012,13:01)
    F

that is correct

Pierre,

And Father Yahweh's word is also Not A Person Or A Being!

F

that is not correct,because it is in the message

Pierre,

Father Yahweh's set apart [“holy”] spirit is also personified in Trinitarian translations just as His word is also personified in Trinitarian translations.

F

this is not so in the message

Pierre,

Sure it is! You just refuse to see it!

F

show me in scriptures ,or re phrase your question ok ?

Pierre,

I never asked you a question!  :D

F

ok, so you did not ,so big deal ,but you did not answer mine  :(

Pierre,

The Holy Spirit is referred to as he and him in translation. This is also true of common tools, etc. “Then said Yahshua unto him, Put up again thy sword into, his place, for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword” (Mattithyah [Matthew] 26:52; also cf. Yechetzqyah [Ezekiel] 21:3-5, 30). The word 'house' is personified in translation in Yeremyah [Jeremiah] 22:14. The word 'ordinance' is personified in translation in Exodus 13:10. The word 'patience' is given a female personification in translation in Yaaqob [James] 1:4. The word 'wisdom' is also given a female personification in Proverbs 1:20; 9:1 & 31:26.

F

you are now try to get me in grammar in a multi language study,

but I ask you just a few scriptures not a live long study of pebbles,

do you know what his the message that we have to believe in ???

so that we can be saved by ???

Pierre,

No, I have spoken to you in plain English that you obviously have problems understand and communicating in.  :D

F

IF all you say was true and of God then I have been warned and you are not guilty of my blood ,

but if all you say is wrong then you are guilty of trying to corrupt a righteous man

so let it leave at that and see,

Pierre,

Well, where is it that I tried to get you in grammar and a multi-language study?  ???

F

Pierre,

The Holy Spirit is referred to as he a
    nd him in translation. This is also true of common tools, etc. “Then said Yahshua unto him, Put up again thy sword into, his place, for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword” (Mattithyah [Matthew] 26:52; also cf. Yechetzqyah [Ezekiel] 21:3-5, 30). The word 'house' is personified in translation in Yeremyah [Jeremiah] 22:14. The word 'ordinance' is personified in translation in Exodus 13:10. The word 'patience' is given a female personification in translation in Yaaqob [James] 1:4. The word 'wisdom' is also given a female personification in Proverbs 1:20; 9:1 & 31:26.

Pierre,

Again, where is it that I tried to get you in grammar and a multi-language study? My post that you reposted has nothing to do with me trying to get you into grammar and a multi-language study?

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 30 2012,12:46)
    Hi Frank,
    So sort of IN AGREEMENT WITH In your opinion?

Nick,

I have no idea what you are referring to?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 30 2012,14:19)

Hi T,

N

EZE 18:24 “But when a righteous man turns away from his righteousness, commits iniquity and does according to all the abominations that a wicked man does, will he live? All his righteous deeds which he has done will not be remembered for his treachery which he has committed and his sin which he has committed; for them he will die.
    EZE 33:13 “When I say to the righteous he will surely live, and he so trusts in his righteousness that he commits iniquity, none of his righteous deeds will be remembered; but in that same iniquity of his which he has committed he will die.

there is nothing in the new covenant that is not spell out in the old except that the new is the fulfillment of the old,

Hi Pierre,

The new “Testament” remediates the old. (see Heb.8:7)

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 29 2012,16:07)
    Hi,
    In the beginning was the WORD
    not a man.
    Jn1

Agreed.

Who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.

charity
    Participant

Sir we're surrounded! Good we can attack from any direction!

You cant convince me that every things gone as its meant to! as if these beings are supernatural an present from the beginning… setting themselves there silent while innocent people see no justice! you need to add excuses to story, an you cant pull it off with out rules an regulations that separate the living into good an evil….
    “Whatever we expect with confidence becomes our own self”

fulfilling prophecy

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Charity ………..Good to see you back .

peace and love to you and yours………………………………………………………gene

charity
    Participant

smile, hi Gene! :D

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ April 02 2012,17:34)

Hi T,

N

Hi Pierre,

God bless

how is that ????

Abraham ,Moses ,Daniel ,David ,Ps,Is,Prov etc;they are all to be deleted ????

or is it only the priesthood that has been done with ????

charity
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ April 11 2012,08:07)

Hi T,

N

Hi Pierre,

God bless

how is that ????

Exactly!!! people that wish to Delete the old testament are ignorant, an especially ignorant when the next  sentence is John 1;1. Its obvious the the houses in which they live an preach from where built back in BC. foundations can can not be taken up or you destroy your power, you may try renovating the walls… of corse they don't want the new promised King ALIVE AN PREACHING TILL taking their seat.
    rulers on a sacred political mission were…

obvention
    obversant
    obverse
    obversion
    obvert
    obvi'ation

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ April 10 2012,21:41)

Hi,
    not a man.
    Jn1

Agreed.

Who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.

Hi T8,

Where is “The Word”(Ho Logos) used in Philippians? …because I don't see it there?

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (charity @ April 11 2012,09:42)

Quote (terraricca @ April 11 2012,08:07)

Hi T,

N

Hi Pierre,

God bless

how is that ????

Exactly!!! people that wish to Delete the old testament are ignorant, an especially ignorant when the next  sentence is John 1;1. Its obvious the the houses in which they live an preach from where built back in BC. foundations can can not be taken up or you destroy your power, you may try renovating the walls… of corse they don't want the new promised King ALIVE AN PREACHING TILL taking their seat.
    rulers on a sacred political mission were…

obvention
    obversant
    obverse
    obversion
    obvert
    obvi'ation

Remediate: rectify: set straight or right; “remedy these deficiencies”

charity
    Participant

Every time a coconut! its always John slapping you all silly, free will! Ha! Jesus didn't want to drink the cup of suffering..while John  convinces everyone..three years before.. Behold the Lamb of God is coming…wake up!! the two men Do NOT have the same foundation…Jesus was taken as a sheep to the slaughter, had his life cut off …an lips sealed. while contemplating with his will, as to living or being destroyed!

Can any see the blood curdling war between the two Jewish Covenants? David an moses…

charity
    Participant

More so…Heaven is place, A place where you come alive, as the original text for rising is… that My soul shall not stay in prison, an my grave shall be opened. redeemed  from death an hell by the lord…
    …..The Covenant of King David & His Son

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ April 11 2012,21:04)

Quote (t8 @ April 10 2012,21:41)

Hi,
    not a man.
    Jn1

Agreed.

Hi T8,

Where is “The Word”(Ho Logos) used in  Philippians?    …because I don't see it there?

God bless

eddy

John the baptist was send by God ,right ??? yes

Christ was also send by God ,right ??? yes

now tell me ;we all know that John came before Christ and was born before Christ,and yet Jon says ;
    Jn 1:15 John testifies concerning him. He cries out, saying, “This was he of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’ ”

was John a liar ,? a dreamer ? an ignorant ? or was he saying the truth what the holy spirit told him to say ????

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    The Word was with God in the beginning.

Viewing 20 posts - 14,421 through 14,440 (of 19,165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account