Preexistence

• This topic has 19,164 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Nick.
Viewing 20 posts - 14,281 through 14,300 (of 19,165 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    You must be clothed with Christ in baptism too. Gal3.27

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Mar. 25 2012,11:34)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Mar. 25 2012,06:52)
    Note that in the above verse that you posted “the beginning and the firstborn” is in reference to the NEW CREATION and not in reference to Father Yahweh creating the heavens and the earth and ALL THINGS IN THEM in the BEGINNING (GENESIS). The word 'Genesis' means 'Beginning' and is in reference to Father Yahweh's beginning the creation of the heavens and the earth and ALL THINGS IN THEM, and not to the NEW creation in later times. Father Yahweh is to later BEGIN a NEW CREATION in which His son Yahshua is the beginning of. See Isayah 65:16 above. It is quite clear that this verse when it says “the beginning and the firstborn” can not be in reference to the creation IN THE BEGINNING (GENESIS), since Yahshua most certainly was not “FROM AMONG THE DEAD in Genesis.

As I have tried to explain MANY times before in this forum (which fell on deaf ears and blind eyes that do not perceive or understand {SEE & HEAR}), Yahshua did NOT create ANYTHING, nor did he EVER proclaim that he did. It was his and our Father Yahweh Who created the heavens and the earth and ALL THINGS IN THEM. It was Yahweh “ALONE”, “BY HIMSELF” with “NO ONE BESIDE HIM”, Who created the heavens and the earth and ALL THINGS IN THEM. This truth as recorded in the so-called “Old Testament” and is revealed in SOME 107 SCRIPTURE VERSES AND PASSAGES that clearly show us that Father Yahweh did not create “THROUGH” His son Yahshua as if he were a pre-existent being BESIDE HIM in the VERY BEGINNING (GENESIS) of His creating.

Frank………..I completely agree with this Post, Jesus is the first of God”s  New Creation (in) Mankind he is the first of MANY brethren>   being recreated by Yahweh by transforming their hearts and minds.  All who have the spirit of Christ are members of that new creation.  You have it right brother,IMO.

peace and love to you and yours………………………………..gene

Gene,

My comment about my posts falling on deaf ears was certainly not in reference to you, I'm sure you know! :)

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 25 2012,11:45)
    Hi GB,
    You must be clothed with Christ in baptism too. Gal3.27

Hi Nick,

Do you mean baptized into Christ or baptized into water?
    Because I can clearly show using Scripture they are different!

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 24 2012,18:29)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 25 2012,05:39)
    Trained him via His Holy Spirit, Nick?

Hi Mike,

You disagree?

God bless
    Ed J

No Ed,

I agree. I agree that the Holy Spirit was working in Jesus long before he got baptized.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ED,
    Indeed there are many baptisms.
    But water baptism is the TYPE for all.
    If not otherwise specified it means water baptism IMO

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ed,
    Which baptism do these verses refer to?
    [Water is not mentioned in any]

Acts 2.38, 2.41, 8.13, 8.15, 10.47, 10.48, 16.33, 19.3, 19.5, and that is only ACTS
    Shall I continue?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 25 2012,19:18)

Hi Mike,

You disagree?

God bless
    Ed J

No Ed,

I agree.  I agree that the Holy Spirit was working in Jesus long before he got baptized.

edj

look here in Daniel ,the son of man ;

Da 7:11 “Then I continued to watch because of the boastful words the horn was speaking. I kept looking until the beast was slain and its body destroyed and thrown into the blazing fire.
    Da 7:12 (The other beasts had been stripped of their authority, but were allowed to live for a period of time.)
    Da 7:13 “In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence.
    Da 7:14 He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all peoples, nations and men of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.

this is the kingdom of Christ the son of man

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 25 2012,12:18)

Hi Mike,

You disagree?

God bless
    Ed J

No Ed,

I agree.  I agree that the Holy Spirit was working in Jesus long before he got baptized.

Hi Mike,

And after    …?       <– Please comment

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 25 2012,12:41)
    Hi ed,
    Which baptism do these verses refer to?
    [Water is not mentioned in any]

Acts 2.38, 2.41, 8.13, 8.15, 10.47, 10.48, 16.33, 19.3, 19.5,  and that is only ACTS
    Shall I continue?

Hi Nick, John's baptism was water.

Acts 19:2-7 He said unto them, Have ye received the HolySpirit since ye believed?
    And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any HolySpirit.
    And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.

Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people,
    that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
    When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. And
    when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the HolySpirit came on them;
    and they spake with tongues, and prophesied. And all the men were about twelve.

God bless

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed
    So they were baptised in the name of the Lord Jesus.
    AND when Paul had laid his hands on, the Holy Spirit came on them.

Do you want to remove the AND?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed,
    So aligning the verse in Acts 19 with the other seven in Acts what do you think BAPTISM means?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Ed.
    I have a few more.
    I left out the ones by John as we could assume they are of water.

rom 6.4,col 2.12, 1peter 3.21, eph 4.5, mt 16.16,
    1 cor 1.16, 1 cor 1.17,1co 15.29, 1cor 12.13, acts 22.16, 1cor 1.13 etc

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Mar. 24 2012,21:35)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 25 2012,12:18)

Hi Mike,

You disagree?

God bless
    Ed J

No Ed,

Hi Mike,

And after    …?      

God filled him with the Holy Spirit without measure at the Jordan.  But he already was God's anointed one and filled with and led by some Holy Spirit long before this time.

I also believe that at his baptism, Jesus had his past memories of his pre-existence in heaven restored to him.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mike………..No where is it stated that Jesus had a past memory restored after his baptism. That is speculation Brother. Jesus never spoke of any pas activity of His before his berth that i recall.

peace and love……………………………………………………gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Mar. 25 2012,10:04)
    Jesus never spoke of any pas activity of His before his berth that i recall.

“That I recall”?  ???

Isn't that the same wording the aides tell politicians to use when they're caught up in some past scandal?  :)

Let me refresh your memory, Gene:

“I came down from heaven”

“No one has seen the Father except the one who is from God; only he has seen the Father”

“And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.”

“For through him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created through him and for him.”

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Mike…………None of that show any (ACTIVITY) of Jesus Prior to he berth on this earth, And all of that has been discussed over and over here and been found to not show any “ACTIVITY” of Jesus prior to his berth on this earth. My question to you was where does any Scripture say Jesus regained his memory of a Past existence at his Baptism, there simple is not scripture that back that up IMO. No even the one you quoted says anything about his memory being unplugged and plugged back into him again. That along with the rest of what you posted is a preexistence “ASSUMPTION” that all Trinitarians and Preexistences and JW'S Have in common with one another.

peace and love ………………………………………..gene

david
    Participant

“…starting from Gal′i·lee after the baptism that John preached, namely, Jesus who was from Naz′a·reth, how God anointed him with holy spirit and power, and he went through the land doing good and healing all those oppressed by the Devil; because God was with him.” (Acts 10:37,38)

I just fell upon this scripture and thought I would include it.

It seems like God didn't “anoint” Jesus with “holy spirit and power” when he was a child. He was anointed with holy spirit and power when he began to do powerful things.

Anyway, just saw this scripture. Thought of this thread.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Mar. 25 2012,10:24)
    Mike…………None of that show any (ACTIVITY) of Jesus Prior to he berth on this earth

Gene,

Show me some activity of God before He began creating.

Should we assume God didn't exist until the moment He said “Let there be light”?

Show me some activity of the other angels of God before they shouted with joy when God laid the foundations of the earth.

Should we assume they didn't exist until that very moment?

Your point is, and always has been weak.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (david @ Mar. 25 2012,11:10)
    Anyway, just saw this scripture. Thought of this thread.

Really? You saw that scripture and thought of the “Pre-existent” thread? That's odd. :)

That is the scripture that started the whole discussion, fyi.

david
    Participant

Hi Mike. Ya, I assumed it was most likely in here somewhere. This is a large thread.

Maybe this isn't even the right thread. It's been a couple days. Is this the thread where we were discussing when jesus became the Christ?

If so,

It seems like God didn't “anoint” Jesus with “holy spirit and power” when he was a child. He was anointed with holy spirit and power when he began to do powerful things.

comment?

Viewing 20 posts - 14,281 through 14,300 (of 19,165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account