Preexistence

• This topic has 19,164 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Nick.
Viewing 20 posts - 12,061 through 12,080 (of 19,165 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ Dec. 11 2011,09:47)
    Ed,
    I made it as far as John 17:6-8 but have not seen the proof you speak of on any verses so far, what version are you reading from?

Wm

Hi Wm,

The “AKJV Bible”.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (t8 @ Dec. 10 2011,14:17)
    In the end, not all are truth seekers.

It should be possible to reason with a reasonable person, but if you cannot, then you up against a brainwashed person.
    It takes some serious work to unindoctrinate a person and often sound reason and scripture is not good enough for them anymore.

Amen to that.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Dec. 10 2011,14:32)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 09 2011,09:43)
    Ed, why would the Word's glory be the glory of God's only begotten Son?  Why would God's Holy Spirit, which you think is God Himself, have the glory of the only begotten Son OF God?

Hi Mike,

“the glory of children are their fathers.” (Prob.17:6)
    For thine (YHVH) is the kingdom, and the power,
    and the glory, for ever. (Matthew 6:13)

God bless
    Ed J

Spell it out for me Ed. Don't you know when you talk in riddles, it is evident to the rest of us that you are just poking and hoping?

Are you saying that our Omniscient Creator could have the glory of His own Son? How? Why?

It seems to me that God would have GOD'S glory, and not the glory of someone He begot. Don't you also find this to be the more logical assumption? ???

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Dec. 10 2011,14:52)
    Hi Mike,

Can there be two subjects in one sentence?

Sure Ed,

In fact, there can be many subjects in one sentence. But can you show me where any author starts speaking of a subject with pronouns like “he”, “him” and “his” without first identifying who the “he”, “him” and “his” refer to?

Don't forget my test question about Keith. Don't forget that at first you didn't know who I was asking a question about, because I hadn't first identified the subject to which the “his” and “him” referred. You do rememeber that, right Ed?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Dec. 10 2011,16:25)
    Hi Frank,

These are the verses that PROVE “The Word” is The HolySpirit”!

Zech.4:6
    Zech.12:1

Matt.13:19
    Mark 4:14
    Mark13:11
    Mark 13:19
    Luke 3:2
    Luke 8:11
    John 12:49
    John 14:24
    John 17:6-8
    John 17:14
    Acts 4:31
    Acts 10:36-38
    Acts 10:44
    Acts 11:15-16
    Acts 13:4-5
    Acts 13:47-49
    Acts 17:11
    Acts 20:32
    Romans 9:5-6
    Romans 10:17
    1Cor. 12:8-9
    1Cor. 14:36
    2Cor. 5:19
    2Cor. 6:6-7
    Gal.6:6
    Eph. 1:12-13
    Eph. 5:26
    Eph. 6:17
    Phillip.2:16
    1Tm.5:17-18
    2Tm.2:11-15
    2Tm.4:2
    Hebrews 1:1-2
    Hebrews 2:2-3
    Hebrews 4:2-6
    Hebrews 4:8-12
    Hebrews 5:13-14
    Hebrews 7:28
    Hebrews 11:3
    Hebrews 12:19
    James 1:18
    1Peter 1:21-23
    1Peter 2:6-8
    1John 2:7-10
    Rev.1:2
    Rev.1:9
    Rev.19:11-16
    Rev.20:4

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.
    Ed J

Ed,

How about you post ONE of those scriptures and explain how the scriptural words teach us that the Word of God is the Holy Spirit of God.

Start at the top of the list. We can work down the list one at a time, and maybe you can teach us something we've overlooked before.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Dec. 10 2011,16:39)
    Hi Mike,

Thank you for realizing that my comprehensive view
    of the Scriptures, takes all Scripture into account.

Ed,

If you garnered a compliment from me from that post, then you apparently read my post with the same cognitive ability with which you read the scriptures. :)

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 11 2011,11:43)

Quote (Ed J @ Dec. 10 2011,16:25)
    Hi Frank,

These are the verses that PROVE “The Word” is The HolySpirit”!

Zech.4:6
    Zech.12:1

Matt.13:19
    Mark 4:14
    Mark13:11
    Mark 13:19
    Luke 3:2
    Luke 8:11
    John 12:49
    John 14:24
    John 17:6-8
    John 17:14
    Acts 4:31
    Acts 10:36-38
    Acts 10:44
    Acts 11:15-16
    Acts 13:4-5
    Acts 13:47-49
    Acts 17:11
    Acts 20:32
    Romans 9:5-6
    Romans 10:17
    1Cor. 12:8-9
    1Cor. 14:36
    2Cor. 5:19
    2Cor. 6:6-7
    Gal.6:6
    Eph. 1:12-13
    Eph. 5:26
    Eph. 6:17
    Phillip.2:16
    1Tm.5:17-18
    2Tm.2:11-15
    2Tm.4:2
    Hebrews 1:1-2
    Hebrews 2:2-3
    Hebrews 4:2-6
    Hebrews 4:8-12
    Hebrews 5:13-14
    Hebrews 7:28
    Hebrews 11:3
    Hebrews 12:19
    James 1:18
    1Peter 1:21-23
    1Peter 2:6-8
    1John 2:7-10
    Rev.1:2
    Rev.1:9
    Rev.19:11-16
    Rev.20:4

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.
    Ed J

Ed,

How about you post ONE of those scriptures and explain how the scriptural words teach us that the Word of God is the Holy Spirit of God.

Start at the top of the list.  We can work down the list one at a time, and maybe you can teach us something we've overlooked before.

Hi Mike,

We can pick this up here.

I have already explained about 4 or five of them so far. :)

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 11 2011,11:30)

Quote (Ed J @ Dec. 10 2011,14:32)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 09 2011,09:43)
    Ed, why would the Word's glory be the glory of God's only begotten Son?  Why would God's Holy Spirit, which you think is God Himself, have the glory of the only begotten Son OF God?

Hi Mike,

“the glory of children are their fathers.” (Prob.17:6)
    For thine (YHVH) is the kingdom, and the power,
    and the glory, for ever. (Matthew 6:13)

God bless
    Ed J

Spell it out for me Ed.  Don't you know when you talk in riddles, it is evident to the rest of us that you are just poking and hoping?  

Are you saying that our Omniscient Creator could have the glory of His own Son?  How?  Why?

It seems to me that God would have GOD'S glory, and not the glory of someone He begot.  Don't you also find this to be the more logical assumption?  ???

Hi Mike,

The father's glory is in his children.
    And Jesus is God's firstborn.

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 11 2011,11:34)

Quote (Ed J @ Dec. 10 2011,14:52)
    Hi Mike,

Can there be two subjects in one sentence?

Sure Ed,

In fact, there can be many subjects in one sentence.  But can you show me where any author starts speaking of a subject with pronouns like “he”, “him” and “his” without first identifying who the “he”, “him” and “his” refer to?

Don't forget my test question about Keith.  Don't forget that at first you didn't know who I was asking a question about, because I hadn't first identified the subject to which the “his” and “him” referred.  You do rememeber that, right Ed?

Hi Mike,

After Jesus is mentioned at the end of verse 14 as “the only begotten of the Father”,
    “him”, “he” and “his” then refers to Jesus, as the focus switches to Jesus.

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 11 2011,11:46)

Quote (Ed J @ Dec. 10 2011,16:39)
    Hi Mike,

Thank you for realizing that my comprehensive view
    of the Scriptures, takes all Scripture into account.

Ed,

If you garnered a compliment from me from that post, then you apparently read my post with the same cognitive ability with which you read the scriptures.  :)

Hi Mike,

Compliment or no Gene is going to agree with me in the end
    as you pointed out; and that is a compliment. :)

God bless

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Dec. 10 2011,20:39)
    Hi Mike,

The father's glory is in his children.
    And Jesus is God's firstborn.

That is completely unscriptural, Ed. The Father says He will share His glory with NO other.

God's children have the glory of God's children – not of God Himself.

Only God has the glory of God. And God does not have the glory of one of His creations. He has a much greater glory than any of His creations could ever have.

So, once again:

Why would the Word, (who IS God, according to you), not have the glory of GOD – but instead have the glory of one begotten BY GOD?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Dec. 10 2011,20:47)
    After Jesus is mentioned at the end of verse 14 as “the only begotten of the Father”,
    “him”, “he” and “his” then refers to Jesus, as the focus switches to Jesus.

But it is “The Word” who is referred to by the words “the only begotten of the Father”.

THE WORD is who became flesh………….AND dwelled among us…………….AND had the glory of the only begotten of the Father.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Dec. 10 2011,20:50)
    Hi Mike,

Compliment or no Gene is going to agree with me in the end
    as you pointed out; and that is a compliment.

So then you will take it as a compliment that you are speaking unscriptural things, and your buddy will eventually agree with those unscriptural things just because your words tickle his itching ears? That is a “compliment” to you, Ed? ???

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

MIke……… So what is you and your unscriptural teaching like ?, is that Like Your Co-hart Pierre, itching your ears, i notice you seem to take that as a complicate right? You and Pierre just cant seem to resist personal attacks and slander can you Mike. That has become your pattern here, disagree with Mike and Pierre and sooner or later they will start their stupid insults, O well i could not really expect any less from you both Judging from your spirits. That is sad to me because i really believe Pierre was trying to do better and being more tolerant in his posts.

Peace and love………………………………………………………….gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 12 2011,02:36)
    Why would the Word, (who IS God, according to you), not have the glory of GOD – but instead have the glory of one begotten BY GOD?

Mike………..Simple……….ASK yourself what is a WORD, answer it is the result of the SPIRIT (INTELLECT) (IN) a Person, These SPIRITS PRODUCE THOUGHT and THESE THOUGHTS PRODUCE WORDS which ARE INTELLIGENT UTTERANCES Just that simple. Jesus is not the Spirit that was (IN) Him, he is NOT the Word of GOD He Spoke to us , the was GOD who is SPIRIT speaking THROUGH the (MAN JESUS)> GOD and HIS WORD are one and the Same thing. becasue the WORD is the RESULT of the SPIRIT. Word and Spirit are not separable because it is Spirit that produces the words it is the (INTELLECT) working In the MIND. God and HIS WORD are one and the SAME thing They word and GOD are Spirit, And that is of Jesus that is what was (IN) Jesus. SIMPLE no need for MYSTERY RELIGION to understand this .

peace and love…………………………………………….gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Okay Gene,

Let's say that you are right, and your word IS you. Is your word a child of yours that you have begotten, or is it YOU?

If it is YOU, then it would have the glory of YOU, and not the glory of a child you have begotten.

This is the point I'm making, Gene. Are you able to address it sensibly?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Dec. 11 2011,10:13)
    MIke……… So what is you and your unscriptural teaching like ?, is that Like Your Co-hart Pierre, itching your ears, i notice you seem to take that as a complicate right?

And what is your point, Gene?  

Are you saying that you ARE considering the alteration of your former belief that Jesus is the “Word of God” in Revelation 19:13?

Are you saying that, as illogical as it is to your own mind, Ed's words do actually tickle your ears, and speak to you things you want to hear, and therefore you're considering siding with him on a matter you know to be illogical?

Is that what you're trying to say, Gene?

Because Ed seems fairly confident that you are close to taking that leap of nonsense along with him.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Edj.

Too much water has gone under the bridge for me to read it all, since our last communication.

You say that the Word is the Holy Spirit.

So I want to ask you what you think the sword of the Spirit is.

I think the sword is the word, but you say the spirit is the word.

So what is the sword then?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Actually if you combine Spirit and Word, you can get Sword.
    But my point is that the sword is of the Spirit and not the Spirit itself.

Likewise truth is of God, and Jesus is the truth.
    But that doesn't make Jesus God? Or does it just means that as a person he personifies this attribute of God.

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 10 2011,15:00)

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Dec. 09 2011,20:56)
    Mike,

Yahchanan most certainly would have a reason to say “… and the word was with Yahweh …”

And just what was that reason, Frank?

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ Dec. 09 2011,20:56)
    but since you say things that Scripture does not say, I most certainly do not care to seriously discuss Scripture with you.

:) Says the man who just posted this: “just as he most certainly had a reason to say “… and the word was Yahweh.”

Frank, what scripture says “and the word was YAHWEH“? ???

Mike,

The word translated as “God” in John 1:1 are in reference to Father Yahweh (cf. Restoration of Original Sacred Name Bible) and His word as strength power and might, not His son Yahshua. Yahshua's source of strength, power and might came from his and our Father Yahweh. What Father Yahweh directed Yahshua to speak [His word] is what His son Yahshua in turn spoke (Yahchanan [John] 12:49).

95 Translations Of John 1:1: “… and the Word was God.”

Below is a list of 95 English translations of the New Testament verse of the Bible identified as John 1:1. The versions represent the work of scholars from a wide variety of religious groups.

The time frame covered is approximately 700 years with the oldest translation coming from circa 1300 A.D. The translations are presented in alphabetical order based on the name of the Bible version from which they are taken. Please note that The New World Translation, version of this verse where its translators inserted the word “a” into the text, does not agree with these translations of the verse listed below. The actual, original Greek text below is followed with 95 English translations:

John 1:1 Greek Text:

en arch hn o logoV kai o logoV hn proV ton qeon
    kai qeoV hn o logoV

American Standard Version: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

American Translation (Beck), An: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

Aramaic New Covenant: “In the beginning the Word having been and the Word having been unto God and God having been the Word . . .”

Archbishop Newcome’s New Testament (Prior to changes by Belsham): “The Word was in the beginning, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

Barclay New Testament: “When the world began, the Word was already there. The Word was with God, and the nature of the Word was the same as the nature of God.”

Basic Bible: “From the first he was the Word, and the Word was in relation with God and was God.”

Bible in Basic English: “From the first he was the Word, and the Word was in relation with God and was God.”

Bible Reader, The: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

Bishops Bible: “In the begynnyng was the worde, & the worde was with God: and that worde was God.”

Common English New Testament: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

Complete Jewish Bible: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

Concordant Literal New Testament: “In the beginning was the word, and the word was toward God, and God was the word.”

Confraternity of Christian Doctrine Translation: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God; and the Word was God.”

Conservative Version, A: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

Contemporary English Version: “In the beginning was the one who is called the Word. The Word was with God and was truly God.”

Coptic Version of the New Testament: “In (the) beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and God was the Word …”

Coverdale Bible, The: “In the begynnynge was the worde, and the worde was with God, and God was ye worde.”

Darby Holy Bible: “In (the) beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

Documents of the New Testament, The: “In the Beginning there existed the Divine Reason, and the Divine Reason was with God, and the Divine Reason was God.”

Douay-Rheims Bible: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

Emphasized Bible by J.B. Rotherham, The: “//Originally// was /the Word, And //the Word// was /with God; And /the Word/ was //God//.”

Emphatic Diaglott, The: “In the beginning was the LOGOS, and the LOGOS was with God, and the LOGOS was God.”

English Majority Text Version: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

English Jubilee 2000 Bible: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with the God, and the Word was God.”

English Version for the Deaf (a.k.a. Easy to Read Version): “Before the world began, the Word was there. The Word was there with God. The Word was God.”

Geneva Bible, The: “In the beginning was the Worde, and the Worde was with God and that Worde was God.”

Godbey Translation of the New Testament: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

God’s Word (a.k.a. Today’s Bible Translation): “In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

Great Bible (Cranmer 1539): “In the begynnynge was the worde, and the worde was wyth God: and God was the worde.”

Holman Christian Standard Bible: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

Holy Bible in Modern English, The: “The WORD existed in the beginning, and the WORD was with God, and the WORD was God.”

Inclusive Version, An: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

Interlinear Bible (Greene): “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

International Standard Version: “In the beginning, the Word existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

James Murdock’s Translation of the Syriac Peshitta: “In the beginning, was the Word; and the Word was with God; and the Word was God.”

Jerusalem Bible, The: “In the beginning was the Word: the Word was with God and the Word wa
    s God
    .”

John Wesley New Testament: “In the beginning existed the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God.”

King James Version: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

Kleist-Lilly New Testament: “When time began, the Word was there, and the Word was face to face with God, and the Word was God.”

Knox Translation: “At the beginning of time the Word already was; and God had the Word abiding with him, and the Word was God.”

Lamsa Bible: “The Word was in the beginning, and that very Word was with God, and God was that Word.”

Lattimore New Testament: “In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, and the word was God.”

Letchworth Version in Modern English: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

Living Oracles New Testament, The: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

McCord’s New Testament Translation of the Everlasting Gospel: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

Message, The (a.k.a. New Testament in Contemporary English): “The Word was first, the Word present to God, God present to the Word. The Word was God …”

Modern Reader’s Bible: “IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE WORD: AND THE WORD WAS WITH GOD: AND THE WORD WAS GOD.”

Modern Speech New Testament, The: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

Montgomery New Testament (Helen Brett Montgomery): “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was face to face with God, and the Word was God.”

New American Bible: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

New American Standard Version: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

New Berkeley Version in Modern English, The: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

New Century Version: “In the beginning there was the Word. The Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

New English Bible: “When all things began, the Word already was. The Word dwelt with God, and what God was, the Word was.”

New Evangelical Translation: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

New International Version: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

New Jerusalem Bible: “In the beginning was the Word: and the Word was with God and the Word was God.”

New King James: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

New Living Translation: “In the beginning the Word already existed. He was with God, and he was God.”

New Millenium Bible, The: “The Word already existed before the world was created. The Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

New Revised Standard Version: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

New Testament in Plain English: “In the beginning the Word of God was there. And the Word was face to face with God, and the Word was God.

Noli New Testament: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was by God, and the Word was God.”

Norlie’s Simplified New Testament: “The Word was in the beginning; the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

Orthodox Jewish Brit Chadasha, The: “Bereshis (In the Beginning) was the Dvar Hashem (YESHAYAH 55:11; BERESHIT 1:1), and the Dvar Hasem was agav (along with) Hashem (MISHLE 8:30; 30:4), and the Dvar Hashem was nothing less, by nature, than Elohim! (TEHILLIM 56:11(10); yn17:5; Rev. 19:13).”

People’s New Covenant, The: “In the original being the Word, or GOD-Idea existed; and the God-Idea existed in the at-one-ment with God; and the GOD-Idea was GOD-manifest.”

Phillips Revised Student Edition: “At the beginning God expressed himself. That personal expression, that word, was with God, and was God …”

Recovery Version: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

Restoration of Original Sacred Name Bible: “Originally was the Word, and the Word was with YAHVAH; and the Word was YAHVAH.”

Revised English Bible: “In the beginning the Word already was. The Word was in God’s presence, and what God was, the Word was.”

Revised Version: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

Revised Standard Version: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

Riverside New Testament: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

Sacred Scriptures, Bethel Edition, The: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with Yahweh, and the Word was Elohim.”

Scholars Version: “In the beginning there was the divine word and wisdom. The divine word and wisdom was there with God, and it was what God was.”

Scriptures (ISR), The: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with Elohim, and the Word was Elohim.”

Shorter Bible, The: “In the beginning was the divine Wisdom, and the divine Wisdom was with God, and the divine Wisdom was God.”

Spencer New Testament: “In the beginning was the WORD, and the WORD was with God, and the WORD was God.”

Swann New Testament: “In the beginning was the TRUTH, and the TRUTH was with God, and God was the TRUTH.”

Today’s English New Testament: “In the beginning was the Logos. And the Logos was with God. And God was the Logos.”

Today’s English Version (a.k.a Good News Bible): “Before the world was created, the Word already existed; he was with God, and he was the same as God.”

Twentieth Century New Testament, The: “At the Beginning the Word already was: The Word was with God; and the Word was God.”

Unvarnished New Testament, The: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was toward God, and God was what the Word was.”

Webster Bible, The: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

Westminster Version of the Sacred Scriptures: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

Weymouth New Testament: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

The Wiclif Translation (by John Wycliffe): “In the bigynnynge was the word and the word was at god, and god was the word …”

William Tyndale Translation: “In the beginnynge was the worde, and the worde was with God: and the worde was God.”

Williams New Testament: “In the beginning the Word existed; and the Word was face to face with God; yea, the Word was God Himself.”

World English Bible: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

Worldwide English (New Testament): “The Word already was, way back before anything began to be. The Word and God were together. The Word was God.”

Worrell New Testament: “In th
    e beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

Wuest Expanded Translation: “In the beginning the Word was existing. And the Word was in fellowship with God the Father. And the Word was as to His essence absolute deity.”

Young’s Literal Translation, Revised Edition: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God; and the Word was God …”

Compare The Following Translations Of John 1 Showing The 'Word' To Be An “It” and not an actual being or person as a “He or “Him”:

1. “All things were made by it” (Tyndale, 1534) CLICK HERE to view Tyndale translation.
    2. “The worde … All things were made by the same” (Coverdale, 1535)
    3. “All things were made by it and without it nothing was made” (Matthews’ Bible, 1537)
    4. “All things were made by it and without it was made nothing that was made” (The Great Bible, 1539)
    5. “All things were made by it” (Taverner NT, 1540)
    6. “All things were made by it”(Whittingham, 1557)
    7. “All things were made by it” (The Geneva Bible, 1560)
    8. “All things were made by it” (Bishops’ Bible, 1568)
    9. “All things were made by it” (Tomson NT, 1607)
    10. “Nor can anything be produced that has been made without it [Reason]” (John LeClerc, 1701)
    11. “The word … through the same all things were made” (Mortimer, 1761)
    12. “In the beginning was Wisdom … All things were made by it” (Wakefield NT, 1791)
    13. “The Word … All things were made by it” (Alexander Campbell, founder of the Church of Christ, 1826)
    14. “The Word … All things were formed by it” (Dickinson, A New and Corrected Version of the NT, 1833)
    15. “All things were made by it” (Barnard, 1847)
    16. “Through it [the logos] everything was done” (Wilson, Emphatic Diaglott, 1864)
    17. “All things through it arose into being” (Folsom, 1869)
    18. “All things were made through it” (Sharpe, Revision of the Authorized English Version, 1898)
    19. “All things were made by the Love thought” (Goddard, 1916)
    20. “All things came into being in this God-conception and apart from it came not anything into being that came into being” (Overbury, 1925)
    21. “All came into being through it” (Knoch, 1926)
    22. “The word … the living expression of the Father’s thought” (Blount, Half Hours with John’sGospel, 1930)
    23. “The word was god” (C.C. Torrey, The Four Gospels, 1933)
    24. “Through the divine reason all things came into being” (Wade, The Documents of the NT Translated, 1934)
    25. “Without it nothing created sprang into existence” (Johannes Greber, 1937)
    26. “It was in the beginning with God, by its activity all things came into being” (Martin Dibelius, The Message of Jesus Christ, translated by F.C. Grant, 1939)
    27. “Through its agency all things came into being and apart from it has not one thing come to be” (William Temple, Archbishop of Canterbury, Readings from St. John’s Gospel, 1939)
    28. “The energizing mind was in existence from the very beginning” (Crofts, The Four Gospels, 1949)
    29. “First there was the Thought and the Thought was in God … He, him” (Hoare, Translation from the Greek, 1949)
    30. “In the beginning God expressed Himself … That personal expression, that word … He” (J.B. Philips, NT in Modern English, 1958)
    31. “All was done through it” (Tomanek, 1958)
    32. “The Word was the life principle [in creation]” (William Barclay, NT, 1969)
    33. “This same idea was at home with God when life began … He” (Jordan, Cottonpatch Version, 1970)
    34. “All things became what they are through the Word” (Dale, NT, 1973)
    35. “Within the Word was life” (Edington, 1976)
    36. “It was his last werd. Ony it come first” (Gospels in Scouse, 1977)
    37. “By it everything had being, and without it nothing had being” (Schonfield, The Original NT, 1985)
    38. “All things were made through the Word” (Inclusive Language Lectionary, 1986)
    39. “In the beginning was the Plan of Yahweh. All things were done according to it” (Hawkins, Book of Yahweh, 1987)
    40. “All things happened through it” (Gaus, Unvarnished NT, 1991)
    41. “In the beginning was the divine word and wisdom … everything came to be by means of it” (Robert Miller, The Complete Gospels, Annotated Scholars’ Version, 1992

Viewing 20 posts - 12,061 through 12,080 (of 19,165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account