Philippians 2.5-7

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 274 total)
  • Author
    Not3in1
    Participant

Hi GM,
    He had glory.
    He emptied himself and came.
    Peter testified God gave him glory on the mountain.

So Nick, you think it was “glory” that he emptied himself of?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Should we speculate?
    Certainly he had no glory as a man.

Till the revelation seen on the mountain.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 20 2008,15:21)
    Hi not3,
    Should we speculate?

John said we have seen his glory – the glory of the only begotten Son. So apparently he did have glory as a man?

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi Sis,
    John also saw Jesus' resurrected glory before his ascension, one thing we have to remember is that the Gospel of John was written after many years of the ascension of Jesus. Both things are possible but my view is after Jesus' resurrection or glorification the glory which he shew forth to all the disciples during those 40 days before his ascension. Here in Phil 2 it doesn't mention that he emptied his glory but he gave up his privilleges as the son of God and being in the form of God.
    Love to you
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ June 20 2008,16:45)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 20 2008,15:21)
    Hi not3,
    Should we speculate?

John said we have seen his glory – the glory of the only begotten Son.  So apparently he did have glory as a man?

Hi Not3,
    On the mountain.
    They were with him and saw his glory.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ June 20 2008,19:18)
    Hi Sis,
    John also saw Jesus' resurrected glory before his ascension, one thing we  have to remember is that the Gospel of John was written after many years of the ascension of Jesus. Both things are possible but my view is after Jesus' resurrection or glorification the glory which he shew forth to all the disciples during those 40 days before his ascension. Here in Phil 2 it doesn't mention that he emptied his glory but he gave up his privilleges as the son of God and being in the form of God.
    Love to you
    Adam

Hi GM,
    Can a man be in the form of God??

gollamudi
    Participant

Yes Jesus is an example he is also a man even now in glorified status “there is one God and one mediator between God and men the man Jesus Christ”.
    Adam was also made in the form or image of God (Gen 1:26) and we are also are the image of God.
    What else you need. Do you want to make Jesus a demi-god?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    We are made in the image of God
    but none of us is in the form of God.

gollamudi
    Participant

What do you mean by this form do you mean Jesus was God or a god?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Gollamudi…..look it up the word (form) it means nature. Jesus had God's nature in Him. but did not try to steal it from God, When God did miracles through Him he could have said He was the one doing it, and stoled the glory for it, but he did not do that, he gave God all the Glory.

There is a scripture where Jesus said all that every came before me were lairs and thieves, what did he mean by that? how were they lairs and thieves , because they would take credit for things that God was doing in there lives and thats even being done today. Jesus could have used all the things God was doing through Him as a personal advantage to glorify himself, but he took on a nature of a servant instead. And thats the point of that scripture it to encourage us to be like Jesus, in our minds. That text has nothing to do with any preexistence at all. It just preexistences grabbing for straws.

love and peace to you and yours……….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    So he had the nature but did not try to steal it?
    Why would it be necessary to steal what you already have?

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi Nick,
    Welcome back on-line.
    Jesus did not steal to be equal with God. But the first Adam wanted to become like God by eating the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    How could any mere man have the ability to steal equality with God?

gollamudi
    Participant

So you are concluding Jesus was God? There you are again going to that trap called polytheism.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    You read between the lines what is not there.
    Jesus Christ was a man like you and I but with less advantages till God anointed him.
    Then he endured hatred and suffering despite his dogged determination to bring God's love to all.

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 24 2008,07:29)
    Hi GM,
    How could any mere man have the ability to steal equality with God?

Hi Nick,
    I was replying this quote of yours, infact I am not reading between lines but you mean to say that Jesus was some being other than human “may God” that's what I said.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Equality?

Two humans could be considered as equal in nature but not in rank or position. e.g., A citizen of the USA and the president of the USA are both human, but not equal in national authority. We even hear talk about equality among people, but some people obtain a better position even though they are still human.

If Jesus existed in the form of God or possessed/partook of God's nature, then he would be equal to God in that they both have divine nature, but certainly not in position or rank as scripture is clear that God is greater than his son.

God is no1, he is the only one who has existed forever. God is the Father and Jesus is only considered as a father in the sense that Abraham is a father. But God is the Father of all (good) and the Father of all (good) spirits.

All good things come down from the Father of lights and Jesus even said “why call me good? Only God is good”.

I believe what Jesus said. That all good comes from his Father who is God and who am I to argue with Jesus?

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi T8, you finally came out with your understanding of believing more than one God?

Quote (t8 @ June 24 2008,23:42)
    Equality?

Two humans could be considered as equal in nature but not in rank or position. e.g., A citizen of the USA and the president of the USA are both human, but not equal in national authority. We even hear talk about equality among people, but some people obtain a better position even though they are still human.

If Jesus existed in the form of God or possessed/partook of God's nature, then he would be equal to God in that they both have divine nature, but certainly not in position or rank as scripture is clear that God is greater than his son.

God is no1, he is the only one who has existed forever. God is the Father and Jesus is only considered as a father in the sense that Abraham is a father. But God is the Father of all (good) and the Father of all (good) spirits.

All good things come down from the Father of lights and Jesus even said “why call me good? Only God is good”.

I believe what Jesus said. That all good comes from his Father who is God and who am I to argue with Jesus?

t8

Quote (t8 @ June 24 2008,23:42)

So then I suppose that we are equal to God because we have “partaken” of his divine nature?

Can you possibly give us some scripture that says Yeshua “partook of God's nature”? ???

Is there a scripture preincarnation or Philipians 2 that says the Father is greater than Yeshua? ???

When did God form Yeshua to be equal to him in nature? ???

Can God begat a god equal to him in nature?

There is a lot more inference here than you claim the Trinitarian view has.

How can any being be equal to God and not be God? ???

:D

Quote (gollamudi @ June 25 2008,02:18)
    Hi T8, you finally came out with your understanding of believing more than one God?

GM

Yes, but still a little vague. He believes that Yeshua is equal to God in nature, but cannot claim or say that he is his god.

:)

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 274 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account