Petition for heaven.net to replace nick

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 54 total)
  • Author

This is a peaceful petition.

Nick seems determined to post in between every person he can find. Moderating doesn't mean peanut gallery comments. It means you keep things civil and respectful between people. Unfortunately Nick can be the most uncivilized among us many times.

I'd like to see how many other people think Nick to be utterly annoying in the highest degree.

My vote is: Remove Nick
    Nick's vote is obvoius: Keep Nick
    Your vote: ?

Vote here.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Oct. 03 2009,08:10)
    This is a peaceful petition.

Nick seems determined to post in between every person he can find.  Moderating doesn't mean peanut gallery comments.  It means you keep things civil and respectful between people.  Unfortunately Nick can be the most uncivilized among us many times.

I'd like to see how many other people think Nick to be utterly annoying in the highest degree.

My vote is: Remove Nick
    Nick's vote is obvoius: Keep Nick
    Your vote: ?

Vote here.

It would seem to me that nick annoying you would simply cause you to want to ignore him personally.

Nick making frequent comments keeps the board moving along in my opinion.

I vote not only to keep Nick but Love Nick as well.

BTW, I think Nick is a very fair moderator who while disagreeing with many people he only does so in a personal way and doesn't abuse his moderation privileges.

Not3in1
    Participant

CA,

What you don't realize is that Nick is also very good friends with the owner of this site (t8). I doubt very seriously any petition would ever remove Nick from this site. Sorry to put a monkey-wrench in an otherwise democratic idea. :;):

I do believe we would get farther as a community if there were rotating Mod's. But I've suggested this before and it has fallen on deaf ears.

Nick has been the source of great frustration, I won't lie. I remember one time he went on vacation and the board was totally alive with all kinds of exchanges. The difference was notable. But then….he stayed away too long and I missed having a grounding voice (reminding everyone to stick to scripture and to get over themselves). :;): I guess I've been here long enough to appreciate what Nick brings. And I've learned to tune him out. :laugh: Sometimes I remark on how he treats others but then I just look like a town-cryer. So, whatever, we learn to live with one another right?

Love,
    Mandy

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Oct. 03 2009,08:51)
    CA,

What you don't realize is that Nick is also very good friends with the owner of this site (t8).  I doubt very seriously any petition would ever remove Nick from this site.  Sorry to put a monkey-wrench in an otherwise democratic idea.  :;):

I do believe we would get farther as a community if there were rotating Mod's.  But I've suggested this before and it has fallen on deaf ears.

Nick has been the source of great frustration, I won't lie.  I remember one time he went on vacation and the board was totally alive with all kinds of exchanges.  The difference was notable.  But then….he stayed away too long and I missed having a grounding voice (reminding everyone to stick to scripture and to get over themselves).  :;):   I guess I've been here long enough to appreciate what Nick brings.  And I've learned to tune him out.  :laugh:   Sometimes I remark on how he treats others but then I just look like a town-cryer.  So, whatever, we learn to live with one another right?

Love,
    Mandy

Im sorry but I really don't get the problem at all, if Nick is not oppressing anyone by controlling them with threats of being banned or deleting people's posts or some other act of suppression how could he be doing anything remotely annoying?

It seems to me CA is using his ideas of Catholic suppression to control what he doesn't like, I wonder would he like for us to boil Nick in oil, burn him at the stake…what?

Nick usually writes 3 or 4 sentences at a time how could that be a huge bother to anyone? I also would have to say it's kind of insulting to suggest that if Nick was being abusive to everyone or anyone here that t8 would simply allow it because they are friends, would you really let your friends treat your guests badly?

The boards here are run so well that quite frankly I didn't even know that Nick was a moderator.

Being vigilant should not be seen as being annoying

Admin
    Keymaster

I have moved this discussion to the appropriate forum.

CA, you could have made this a voting poll as well.
    Instead of starting a new topic, you click the New Poll button instead. It allows people to vote anonymously and to also post in the same way.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Being a moderator isn't a badge or status to say that the person is superior in any way including spiritually. It is simply a job, where moderation takes place. Duties include removing offensive or dodgy posts and talking to people who abuse others etc.

Hopefully any authority that a person gains (spiritually speaking) is due to a respect for the persons words or fruit. This web site is not trying to mimic denominations where leaders are appointed positions over the people. If any one here is an apostle, teacher or elder it is because a person treats that person in such a way by recognising a ministry or gift in that person.

As far as other moderators go, I think it is a good idea. I have personally approached a few people and for one reason or another, one other person took chose to take over the role, but only for a while.

Please bear in mind that a moderator has certain permissions that if abused could stuff things up badly, like deleting good posts and banning members for no reason. So I would only give that to someone I trust. I know Nick and I trust him and he has done a super job at moderating over the years. A better job than me because I am often away for long periods of time. So I don't see any benefit in removing him myself, but other people are free to differ in their opinion of course.

Anyway for the record, a member is allowed to be annoying but not allowed to slander.
    A member is even allowed to preach false doctrine and voice sceptical opinions. Such will be judged by the other members interpretation of scripture of course.

The purpose of this forum is to seek the truth and to expose the lies. Obviously in that process people are going to say all kinds of things and members will hopefully respond accordingly.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Oct. 03 2009,09:36)
    Being a moderator isn't a badge or status to say that the person is superior in any way including spiritually. It is simply a job, where moderation takes place. Duties include removing offensive or dodgy posts and talking to people who abuse others etc.

Hopefully any authority that a person gains (spiritually speaking) is due to a respect for the persons words or fruit. This web site is not trying to mimic denominations where leaders are appointed positions over the people. If any one here is an apostle, teacher or elder it is because a person treats that person in such a way by recognising a ministry or gift in that person.

As far as other moderators go, I think it is a good idea. I have personally approached a few people and for one reason or another, one other person took chose to take over the role, but only for a while.

Please bear in mind that a moderator has certain permissions that if abused could stuff things up badly, like deleting good posts and banning members for no reason. So I would only give that to someone I trust. I know Nick and I trust him and he has done a super job at moderating over the years. A better job than me because I am often away for long periods of time. So I don't see any benefit in removing him myself, but other people are free to differ in their opinion of course.

Anyway for the record, a member is allowed to be annoying but not allowed to slander.
    A member is even allowed to preach false doctrine and voice sceptical opinions. Such will be judged by the other members interpretation of scripture of course.

The purpose of this forum is to seek the truth and to expose the lies. Obviously in that process people are going to say all kinds of things and members will hopefully respond accordingly.

t8,

God bless you!

Proclaimer
    Participant

Thanks

:)

david
    Participant

Things you must just come to accept:

1. Nick asks questions. He doesn't answer them. Answering questions is not in his contract.
    2. Nick doesn't answer questions.
    C. Nick likes to answer questions with questions, even though his questions don't answer the first question.
    4. Nick hates answering things.
    7. Nick feels it's his job to ask questions, but not answer them.
    8. Consider Nick a test in patience that will either break you or make you stronger.
    10. Nick has disguised his moderation or lack thereof so well that many here don't even know he is a moderator.
    13. Like countless others, and now even myself, Nick does not care if topics go for 40 pages off subject. So you too must let go the fact that there are actual topics.
    14. Nick does like to comment a lot, and will almost certainly not answer any questions though.

Once you accept these things as unchangeable facts that aren't going to change, ever, things will go a lot easier. This is just my experience. Despite the fact that I have questioned Nick's ability as a moderator some 50 times over the years, I do not want him to go. And of course, he won't go.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi David,
    Scripture answers questions.

david
    Participant

Hi Nick.
    Then you should quote more scripture, and ask less questions when someone asks you a question. Do you not think this is so?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    Everybody quotes scripture to support their false doctrines.
    It is extremely malleable if not properly approached.
    Better to prove things by the principle of 2 cor13.1.

None of us is an oracle of truth and our only hope is that our questions make folks honestly search the scriptures.
    They cannot be broken.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    I was a regular poster who got asked to take this role.
    I do stir the pot when it seems helpful to extract more truth.
    I reflect back unhelpful attitudes and take the flak when I need to.

Good things do happen for a few folk but most move on unchanged. C'est la vie

david
    Participant

Hi david,
    Everybody quotes scripture to support their false doctrines.

–Nick.

And so you think that just because everyone else does it, you should do it too?

david
    Participant

See what I just did in the above post. It is a classic Nick move. It doesn't make sense. It throws you off. It misrepresents. It re-directs. It ….. annoys. And, it is a question that doesn't answer anything.

Nick, why do you do that?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi David,
    Why do get annoyed when communication does not travel on the tramlines of tradition you require?
    Answering questions can set up battle stations but asking them might provoke reflection and research.

georg
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 13 2009,18:47)
    Hi David,
    Scripture answers questions.

Yep, that is what you do best.
    Irene

Tim Kraft
    Participant

Doesn't everybody have the right to express their beliefs on this site the way they see and understand? If not it is like the indoctrination of the physical churches where they speak and you listen.(or sleep). Keep Nick and everybody else on this site, they care to learn! God Bless each one, TK

georg
    Participant

Quote (Tim Kraft @ Oct. 13 2009,21:45)
    Doesn't everybody have the right to express their beliefs on this site the way they see and understand? If not it is like the indoctrination of the physical churches where they speak and you listen.(or sleep). Keep Nick and everybody else on this site, they care to learn! God Bless each one, TK

T. K.  I AM SO GLAD THAT YOU AND OTHERS ARE NOT EVEN THINKING ON SAYING SOMETHING BAD ABOUT NICK,
    HE IS VERY INFORMED WITH SCRIPTURES, AND IT IS THAT WHAT I APPRECIATE THE MOST.
    IRENE

david
    Participant

Hi David,
    Why do get annoyed when communication does not travel on the tramlines of tradition you require?
    Answering questions can set up battle stations but asking them might provoke reflection and research.

I understand that. Jesus used questions all the time. But I don't ever remember his disciples pulling their hair out in frustration. (At least, it isn't recorded.)

Also, when you Nick, believe something and argue against what others believe and others question you, you never really answer. You ask more questions. I have always believed that when someone ignores a question, that is because they can't answer it. Similarly, if we're having a discussion on hell/hades or something like that and the conversation is not going well for you, you can't just bring up Michael/Jesus in an attempt to divert the conversation. Both doing that, and ignoring the questions we ask of you make us think you don't have answers…only questions.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account