One and the same

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Aug. 13 2011,12:10)
    Now you are denying that it was through Jesus “OWN DEATH” that destroyed death!

It was because Jesus' GOD raised him from the clutches of death that death was toppled. Jesus surely didn't raise HIMSELF from death while he was dead, Keith.

Keith, did God place Jesus' enemies, including death, at his feet so that he could destroy them? YES or NO?

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 13 2011,22:18)
    Hi D,

Right after you address MY post about death at one time having mastery over God Almighty.

mike

Yes and now answer my questions

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 13 2011,14:00)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Aug. 13 2011,12:08)
    Of course if you had eyes to see you would see my answer is “NO” neither did death have mastery over Jesus!

Romans 6:9
    For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him.

Was Paul lying, Keith?

Mike

When you understand what death is then you will understand what Paul meant. Death is the seperation of the Spirit man from the body, the temple, that we live in. For a time (three days and three nights) Jesus experienced death the seperation of his Spirit man from the flesh.

Was Jesus lying when he said “Destroy this Temple and in three days he would raise it up”, speaking of the body, the temple he lived in?

Was Jesus lying when he said that “He had the power to lay his life down and the power to take it again because the Father gave him the commandment in which he obeyed and abolished death and destroyed him who had the power of death?

Was Jesus lying when he said no one can destroy the “soul” but God?” Did the Father destroy Jesus soul/spirit or did he like he said go to the center of the earth?

Your whole definition of death is flawed Mike, because men do not “cease to exist” when they die. Read the Parable of the rich man and Lazurus and tell Jesus that he was making up fary tales.  

WJ

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

WJ lol dont get ahead of me goshhhh dont take my words out of my mouth before i can get to it!

lol im glad we are in the same page though, read me like a book.

-__-

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 13 2011,12:54)
    Well, death isn't yet abolished………for we still die.

Sure it is Mike, but once again you cannot see the forest for the trees.

Jesus said…

And whosoever liveth and believeth in me “shall never die”. Believest thou this? John 11:26

It is obvious here Jesus is not just speaking of natural death, the seperation of the Spirit from the body.

Your whole concept of death has created a false foundation in your faith spawned once again by the JWs in order to deny the Deity of Jesus who “Abolished death” by raising his temple back to life.

Corrupt foundations make houses lean and eventually fall under the scrutiny of Gods word and truth.

WJ

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ Aug. 13 2011,14:44)
    WJ lol dont get ahead of me goshhhh dont take my words out of my mouth before i can get to it!

-__-

Sorry D!

I will hush! :)

But don't expect Mike to answer questions now because he thinks only his questions are worthy of an answer! :D

WJ

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

its worth a shot WJ, either way your right his definitions are flawed. which where i was also going to point out.
    lol like i said you read my mind.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ Aug. 13 2011,13:34)

Hi D,

Right after you address MY post about death at one time having mastery over God Almighty.

mike

“Yes” what?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ Aug. 13 2011,13:44)

:D  :laugh:  :D

It seems to me that Keith has answered, “NO!  Death NEVER had mastery over God Almighty”.  And it seems that Dennison's answer is “YES!”.

Yet you are reading each other like a book?  ???  :D

Keith, what you posted has nothing to do with the point of the matter.  You can describe “death” however you want to – as if you even know what you're talking about when it comes to the things no man knows.  ???

But the fact and the point I was making remains:  DID DEATH AT ONE TIME HAVE MASTERY OVER JESUS CHRIST LIKE THE SCRIPTURE SAYS?  YES OR NO?

You can describe “death” as a walk in the park if you want to.  Or you can describe it as a journey to the center of the earth.  No matter how you understand “death” in your own mind, the fact remains that this “thing” at one time got the better of Jesus, until Jesus' own GOD raised him from the clutches of the “thing” that had MASTERY OVER HIM.

So……………did death at ANY time ever have mastery over God Almighty?  You said “NO!”.  Good, because that is correct.  Did death at ANY time ever have mastery over Jesus?  YES, because scripture says so.  Ergo, Jesus is NOT God Almighty.

mike

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 14 2011,20:29)

Hi D,

mike

“Yes” what?

mike,
    Stop diverting i answered your question and you even noted it on your second post so i know you understood.

dont be a disrespectful and answer my questions!

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 14 2011,20:49)

:D  :laugh:  :D

It seems to me that Keith has answered, “NO!  Death NEVER had mastery over God Almighty”.  And it seems that Dennison's answer is “YES!”.

what u dont realize, is that kieth is also right :)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 14 2011,10:49)

Keith, what you posted has nothing to do with the point of the matter.  You can describe “death” however you want to – as if you even know what you're talking about when it comes to the things no man knows.  ???

Mike

So I guess Jesus didn't know what he was talking about when he told us about the rich man and Lazurus, or when he said “he that lives and believes in me shall never die”, or when he said “Only God can kill the soul”?

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 14 2011,10:49)
    But the fact and the point I was making remains:  DID DEATH AT ONE TIME HAVE MASTERY OVER JESUS CHRIST LIKE THE SCRIPTURE SAYS?  YES OR NO?

Death had mastery over his flesh until he raised it from the dead and abolished death?

Death never had mastery over his soul/Spirit just as it doesn't have mastery over ours!

And whosoever liveth and believeth in me “shall never die”. Believest thou this? John 11:26

The rest of your post is more of your appologetic nonsense that is once again looking at scripture with a plastic straw!

WJ

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ Aug. 15 2011,15:19)

Hi D,

mike

“Yes” what?

mike,
    Stop diverting i answered your question and you even noted it on your second post so i know you understood.

I've been very busy sonny.  Besides, you are LAST on my list of posts I need to address.  Why?  Because you pop in for week of two, start a couple of new threads, then disappear for months.  Then you pop in and start even more new threads before disappearing again.

I've been bumping posts for you in other threads you've started and disowned for over a month now.  So don't come here thinking that I'm going to drop everything else just to put you first in line, okay?

I'll get to your post if and when I have time.  But before I even do that, you'll have to do better than “YES, death DID have mastery over God Almighty”.  Because that is absolutely not the truth, and I will need you to EXPLAIN that assinine answer to the question I asked you way before you asked me your questions.  :)

mike

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 15 2011,23:26)

Hi D,

mike

“Yes” what?

mike,

I've been very busy sonny.  Besides, you are LAST on my list of posts I need to address.  Why?  Because you pop in for week of two, start a couple of new threads, then disappear for months.  Then you pop in and start even more new threads before disappearing again.

Thats a lie Mike.

I miss a couple of days on the weekend and that is about it. I am here almost every day. So you can stop with all your false accusations.

You don't want to answer my points about death because you know you have been found out as being wrong, so you want to sweep it under the rug.

I've been bumping posts for you in other threads you've started and disowned for over a month now.  So don't come here thinking that I'm going to drop everything else just to put you first in line, okay?

As far as your post well you have also ignored many of mine, so pull the beam out of your own eye sir.

I'll get to your post if and when I have time.  But before I even do that, you'll have to do better than “YES, death DID have mastery over God Almighty”.  mike

And that is another lie! This is what I said…

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Aug. 13 2011,13:08)
    Of course if you had eyes to see you would see my answer is “NO” neither did death have mastery over Jesus!

on page 4.

Death had no power over Jesus Spirit man but only over the flesh for for three days. But you are to hard headed to see that Jesus own words tells us “death” has no mastery or power over our “soul/Spirit” man either when he said…

And Paul states that it was Jesus who abolished death and brought life and immortality to us! But apparently you are not living in eternal life by being born again. Does the Spirit man which is born again by the Spirit die?

This is another one of those flawed concepts brought to you by the JWs that men do not have eternal life but cease to exist when their temples or bodies that they live in gives up the Spirit and dies, yet the truth is the Spirit man goes on living.

Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might “destroy him” that had the power of death, that is, the devil; Heb 2:14

But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, WHO HATH ABOLISHED DEATH“, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel: 2 Tim 1:10

Do you know anybody but God Almighty who can abolish death?

How could death have mastery over Jesus Spirit man if he is the one who abolished it and destroyed him who had the power of death that is the devil?

WJ

princess
    Participant

Ah WJ, Mike was not lying, you were not seeing, the response was for SF, about not being here consistently.

Now you understand others fustration, you never know which god you are going to get when you speak, in this case turn the heads around to the one with the better eye sight.

:laugh:

princess
    Participant

The Trimurti (English: ‘three forms’; Sanskrit: त्रिमूर्ति trimūrti) is a concept in Hinduism “in which the cosmic functions of creation, maintenance, and destruction are personified by the forms of Brahmā the creator, Vishnu the maintainer or preserver, and Śhiva the destroyer or transformer,”[1][2] These three deities have been called “the Hindu triad”[3] or the “Great Trinity”,[4] often addressed as “Brahma-Vishnu-Maheshwara.”

One type of depiction for the Trimurti shows three heads on one neck, and often even three faces on one head, each looking in a different direction.[5]

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (princess @ Aug. 17 2011,08:17)
    Ah WJ, Mike was not lying, you were not seeing, the response was for SF, about not being here consistently.

Now you understand others fustration, you never know which god you are going to get when you speak, in this case turn the heads around to the one with the better eye sight.

:laugh:

:D :D :D

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Aug. 15 2011,16:18)
    Death had mastery over his flesh until he raised it from the dead and abolished death?

Death never had mastery over his soul/Spirit just as it doesn't have mastery over ours!

Keith,

It is a YES or NO question.  The answer is in Romans 6:9.

And John 11:26 actually says, “……..shall never die FOREVER.  Believest thou this?”

But not all will taste death like Jesus did.  (Matt 16:28, Heb 2:9)

Keith, WHO exactly died as our Savior?  Was it Jesus, the Son of God who died?  Or only the flesh and blood sack of skin that encompassed him while he was on earth?

Because it seems to me that God didn't just allow the skin to be “killed off of him”.  It seems to me that God sent His only begotten Son as a ransom, once for all time sacrifice.  And if Jesus didn't really DIE, then Jesus wasn't really raised from the dead.  And if that's the case, where does OUR hope lie?

Paul says that since Christ DIED, he cannot DIE again.  Paul says that death NO LONGER has mastery over Jesus.

Keith, we both know that God Almighty could never DIE, in ANY sense of the word.  And we both know that death has NEVER, at ANY time, had mastery over the One who created everything in existence, including death.

I am now bored with this discussion.  It has run its course.  I have showed you what the SCRIPTURES say about Jesus DYING and being raised from the DEAD.  So there's really no need for you to continue blathering on about how Jesus didn't really die, and how death didn't really have mastery over him.

Given the choice between YOUR words, and God's written word, I will choose the latter every time.

peace,
    mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Okay D-Linquent,

I'm ready for you now.  Would you please expand on your “YES, death DID at one time have mastery over God Almighty Himself” answer?

And in your explanation post, please re-post ONE of those questions you keep harping about…………..and I will then answer IT.

peace,
    mike

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 16 2011,09:26)

Hi D,

mike

“Yes” what?

mike,

I'll get to your post if and when I have time.  But before I even do that, you'll have to do better than “YES, death DID have mastery over God Almighty”.  Because that is absolutely not the truth, and I will need you to EXPLAIN that assinine answer to the question I asked you way before you asked me your questions.  :)

mike

1. mike, this is the first time i ben gone longer than a week because i work 65hrs a week and i no longer have a laptop. i have ben usiing my cellphone
    2.if u really bumped any posts directed towards me i would gladely respond, jus tell me where and put it on the “notice for sf” thread.
    3. excusr me, you asked a direct yes and no question and you have always whined like a girl about how we dont answer your questions simply with a yes or no.
    4. i never asked for you to make me a priorty but i HATE it when u expect me to answer your questions when you dont answer mine.

again answer my questions that you are diverting from

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account