Newbie has a question about trinitarianism

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 441 through 455 (of 455 total)
  • Author

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 26 2009,23:25)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 27 2009,15:14)

Quote (Gene @ July 25 2009,17:05)
    thinker……….I would not criticize Islam when Trinitarians are even more wrong, at least they believe on only (ONE) GOD. which is more then i can say for Trinitarians, brother.

peace and love……………………gene

GB

Do you just change you convictions when it suits you?

You have said many times before that “Trinitarians at least believe that there is “One God” while those who believe in Jesus pre-existence believe in more than one God.

Now you would rather side with an “unbeliever” who denys the blood of Jesus?

WJ

Why call me an unbeliever when you know that you speak a lie.

I believe That there is no other god but God and that Jesus is His Christ

Is that a belief that is wrong?

BD

You are an unbeliever in True Biblical Christianity.

You are a believer in Islam which has nothing to do with Christianity, and your own religion and the qoran teachs just that!

WJ

Quote (Gene @ July 26 2009,23:33)
    WJ………..Trinitarians do believe there in (ONE) GOD in three FORM right? GOD the Father , GOD the son and God the Spirit and they are homousious (GOD FROM GOD). My point in stating that was that trinitarians believe that GOD created everything and to my Knowledge they do If you recall i quoted where GOD said HE alone and BY HIMSELF created everything showing Jesus was not Present when HE created the WORLD and EVERYTHING IN IT. . However they also believe there are three of them in existences also. I was arguing against Jesus having created everything, not the Three GOD Position, trinitarians teach.  WJ you are doing here what trinitarians do they take scripture out of context also, Just as you have taken what i was saying out of context brother.

peace and love to you and yours………………………pgene

GB

No I am seeing you side with BD on many issues and that is not taking anything out of context!

While you are at it please show me where I am taking scripture out of context. You mean like John 1:1-18?

WJ

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

WJ…………You were taking what i said out of context, by presenting it in a way that it was not intended and changing the subject matter i was addressing. If you are going to quote me quote the complete thing i was addressing Please. Not just pull out a piece that fits your agenda. And frankly i do agree with DB on many issues , but not all issues as i have posted to him before. I am not trying to make this into a ISLAM verses Christianity argument. TO me its more of (TRUE CHRISTIANITY) Verses FALSE TRINITARIAN and PREEXISTENCES TEACHINGS. And as for as John 1:1-18 goes, when you say (WORD) means Jesus, which is not even in the text, that (IS) taking it out of context especially when you change the wording to suit your Trinitarian doctrines. IMO

peace and love to you and yours…………………………..gene

Quote (Gene @ July 27 2009,00:11)
    WJ…………You were taking what i said out of context, by presenting it in a way that it was not intended and changing the subject matter i was addressing. If you are going to quote me quote the complete thing i was addressing Please. Not just pull out a piece that fits your agenda. And frankly i do agree with DB on many issues , but not all issues as i have posted to him before.  I am not trying to make this into a ISLAM verses Christianity argument. TO me its more of (TRUE CHRISTIANITY) Verses FALSE TRINITARIAN  and PREEXISTENCES TEACHINGS. And as for as John 1:1-18 goes, when you say (WORD) means Jesus, which is not even in the text, that (IS) taking it out of context especially when you change the wording to suit your Trinitarian doctrines. IMO

GB

Open your eyes.

The Word was made flesh, that means the Word is Jesus!

That is context!

WJ

WJ…………You were taking what i said out of context, by presenting it in a way that it was not intended and changing the subject matter i was addressing. If you are going to quote me quote the complete thing i was addressing Please. Not just pull out a piece that fits your agenda. And frankly i do agree with DB on many issues , but not all issues as i have posted to him before.  I am not trying to make this into a ISLAM verses Christianity argument. TO me its more of (TRUE CHRISTIANITY) Verses FALSE TRINITARIAN  and PREEXISTENCES TEACHINGS. And as for as John 1:1-18 goes, when you say (WORD) means Jesus, which is not even in the text, that (IS) taking it out of context especially when you change the wording to suit your Trinitarian doctrines. IMO

GB

I am not trying to make this into a ISLAM verses Christianity argument. TO me its more of (TRUE CHRISTIANITY) Verses FALSE TRINITARIAN  and PREEXISTENCES TEACHINGS.

What believing in one God whos name is “Allah” and whose prophet is Mohammad and who denys that Jesus died for our sins is closer to “True Christianity than those who believe in Jesus as the Son of God and that he came in the flesh, or preexisted his coming in the flesh?

Islam hates Christianity and are told to do so.

You think thats closer to True Christianity?

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    You would not have to defend yourself if you and tt preached what the bible teaches.
    There is no teaching there about any form of multipartite community god.
    Do you agree tt has it right in his odd version of the trinity theory?
    But I suppose you do have a denomination to serve.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 27 2009,16:22)

GB

I am not trying to make this into a ISLAM verses Christianity argument. TO me its more of (TRUE CHRISTIANITY) Verses FALSE TRINITARIAN  and PREEXISTENCES TEACHINGS.

What believing in one God whos name is “Allah” and whose prophet is Mohammad and who denys that Jesus died for our sins is closer to “True Christianity than those who believe in Jesus as the Son of God and that he came in the flesh, or preexisted his coming in the flesh?

Islam hates Christianity and are told to do so.

You think thats closer to True Christianity?

WJ

Why are you suddenly racist when it comes to language? You will staqnd up for greek, latin and Hebrew all day long butr Arabic you run from. Why? Allah simply means “THE GOD” is there another God?

Islam cannot hate Christianity so you are lying.

(7) (Both) the Jews and the Christians say: “We are sons of Allah, and his beloved.” Say: “Why then doth He punish you for your sins? Nay, ye are but men,- of the men he hath created: He forgiveth whom He pleaseth, and He punisheth whom He pleaseth: and to Allah belongeth the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and all that is between: and unto Him is the final goal (of all)”
    ( سورة المائدة , Al-Maeda, Chapter #5, Verse #18)

(12) Those who believe (in the Qur'an), those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Sabians, Christians, Magians, and Polytheists,- Allah will judge between them on the Day of Judgment: for Allah is witness of all things.
    ( سورة الحج , Al-Hajj, Chapter #22, Verse #17)

Don't be evil WJ speak the truth, wh ydon't you read the Quran instead of simply reading anti-quran websites?

It's okay though becaue every effort to do evil God will make good so keep being evil.

(3) And fight them on until there is no more Tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in Allah. but if they cease, Let there be no hostility except to those who practise oppression.
    ( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #193)

KangarooJack
    Participant

Gene said to WJ:

GOD said HE alone and BY HIMSELF created everything showing Jesus was not Present when HE created the WORLD and EVERYTHING IN IT.

Gene,
    You are flat out wrong! The Father said that the Son created the heavens and the earth,

8 But to the Son He says: “ Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom. 9 You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You with the oil of gladness more than Your companions.”
    10 And: “ You, LORD, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth, And the heavens are the work of Your hands

Jesus was more than present at creation. He is the creator!

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    So you say but scripture never uses those words.
    But it does say he is the Son of God and few think that is just a title.

As the thread says trinity belief is just another ISM and who needs them when the word is plain teaching?

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 29 2009,11:04)
    Hi TT,
    So you say but scripture never uses those words.
    But it does say he is the Son of God and few think that is just a title.

As the thread says trinity belief is just another ISM and who needs them when the word is plain teaching?

What scriptures do you have Nick? My scriptures say that the Father spoke to the Son saying that creation is the work of “YOUR hands.” Please give Hebrews 1:8-10 from YOUR scriptures.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    Carpenters do the building but they serve the Builder of all things.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 29 2009,11:09)
    Hi TT,
    Carpenters do the building but they serve the Builder of all things.

The text explicitly says that Jesus is “counted worthy” of the glory of the builder. It says that the builder is God. Therefore, Jesus is counted worthy of EQUAL glory with God.

I asked you to show me your scriptures on Hebrews 1:8-10. You didn't. Why?

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    So logic tells you he must be God Himself?

Nonsense.
    He is the Son of God and told us so.
    When will you begin to take WHAT HE SAYS into account?

Is he not your Lord?

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 29 2009,11:29)
    Hi TT,

Nonsense.

Is he not your Lord?

Son of God and God mean the same thing. Jesus told us that He is the Son of God. The Father told us He is God. Does Christ's word trump the Father's word in your thinking?

thinker

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Aug. 10 2009,11:51)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 29 2009,11:29)
    Hi TT,

Nonsense.

Is he not your Lord?

Son of God and God mean the same thing. Jesus told us that He is the Son of God. The Father told us He is God. Does Christ's word trump the Father's word in your thinking?

thinker

Then Moses is God and so are all the children of God, right?

Viewing 15 posts - 441 through 455 (of 455 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account