Monotheism is scripture's theme.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 183 total)
  • Author

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 02 2009,01:36)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 02 2009,17:18)
    HI All

It's quite amazing how Thinker destroyed PDs “100 Arguments for Monotheism being the focus of scripture” post with all those little bits of Unitarian theology, with 2 scriptures in Psalms 110.

It just killed this thread. Took the air right out of it!

Nice Job Thinker!

Blessings WJ

Psalm 110
    1The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

The problem is you don't understand scripture as kings are called lord and God is called LORD but the reason you don't understand scripture is you don't read the entire context.

Is God a priest?

4 The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.

Now if it says “after the order of Melchezidec” that would mean that the order was started before Jesus was in it so at least in this case we would know that Jesus is not God to be a Priest after the order of a priesthood that would have to serve God.

BTW,

What do Christians actually believe in? Why are there 34,000 denominations and why is there emnity between them?

Hi BD

I thought you said you were a Christian? The word means “Christlike”.

Why do you claim Christianity and yet draw away from it and cling to another God and another religion and another prophet?

WJ

gollamudi
    Participant

Good post brother Bodhitharta. Many Christians even don't know the difference between Lord and God. “Jesus Christ is Lord” means for them he is YHWH the only God. How pathetic it is to claim christianity to be a Monotheistic reliigion.

Peace to you
    Adam

Quote (gollamudi @ July 02 2009,01:44)
    Good post brother Bodhitharta. Many Christians even don't the difference between Lord and God. “Jesus Christ is Lord” means for them he is YHWH the only God. How pathetic it is to claim christianity to be a Monotheistic reliigion.

Peace to you
    Adam

Hey GM

Read the post and tell us about Psalm 110.

What is your opinion.

You are simply agreeing with a Muslim.

WJ

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi brother WJ,
    Yes I can give the interpretation for the scriptures in Ps 110. Please gothrough the link given below.

http://focusonthekingdom.org/articles/BD86.htm

I hope that will clarify your doubts on interpretation of the Messianic Psalm 110. Jesus was anointed Messiah and he was David's Lord and he is also my Lord. But he is different from the One and Only God the LORD(Adonai) who has made him as Lord Messiah.

Peace to you
    Adam

Quote (gollamudi @ July 02 2009,02:04)
    Hi brother WJ,
    Yes I can give the interpretation for the scriptures in Ps 110. Please gothrough the link given below.

I hope that will clarify your doubts on interpretation of the Messianic Psalm 110. Jesus was anointed Messiah and he was David's Lord and he is also my Lord. But he is different from the One and Only God the LORD(Adonai) who has made him as Lord Messiah.

Peace to you
    Adam

Hi GM

This doesn't address Psalms 110:5 which addresses Jesus at the right hand as ADONAI which is the name for YHWH.

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    Jesus is the Son of our God.
    Who is your strange god?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 02 2009,17:48)

Good post brother Bodhitharta. Many Christians even don't the difference between Lord and God. “Jesus Christ is Lord” means for them he is YHWH the only God. How pathetic it is to claim christianity to be a Monotheistic reliigion.

Peace to you
    Adam

Hey GM

What is your opinion.

WJ

Who is being more like Christ between us?

The one who bows in submission to Our Father in Heaven and says He is God Alone

or the other who says that Christ is God? Can you be like God? No? then how can you be like your version of Christ?

I assure you that when I present myself on the day of Judgement I will testify that Jesus is The Christ and he has been given the right of mediation/intercessor to his followers which I am one of. So I will testify that His Christ was exalted to the Glory of His Father who is his God.

You on the other hand will be trying to explain to the Father that he is really the same as the son and you will be asking where the spirit is? Then God will ask you who is your mediator and you will say “you are Jesus” and The Father will say “I am not Jesus” and then Jesus will say I don't know this one” And then Jesus will say to His Father surely you know I didn't tell them I was a god or part of a God they are surely workers of iniquity.

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi brother WJ,
    Please see the verses even in KJV as quoted below and also the difference between LORD and Lord.

1The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

2The LORD shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies.

3Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

4The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.

5The Lord at thy right hand shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath.

6He shall judge among the heathen, he shall fill the places with the dead bodies; he shall wound the heads over many countries.

Jesus(messiah) was addressed as my Lord(human king) by David.

There is no confusion here.

Peace to you
    Adam

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 02 2009,18:12)

Hi brother WJ,

Peace to you
    Adam

Hi GM

This doesn't address Psalms 110:5 which addresses Jesus at the right hand as ADONAI which is the name for YHWH.

WJ

You are simply wrong to the core. The scribes simply put Adonai in place of Lord out of respect for God it had nothing to do with designating God the title lord because the title can be applied to anyone that has respect, as I said all kings were called lord, many husbands were called lord in-fact if you were at a royal party someone could very well say My lord, said to my lord that lord byron had a conflict with the landlord who was at the right hand of my lord.

Would all these people be God to you and all equal as well.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 02 2009,17:48)

Peace to you
    Adam

Hey GM

What is your opinion.

WJ

How does being a Muslim make someone automatically wrong?

gollamudi
    Participant

Good question.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Gollumadi said:

Jesus was anointed Messiah and he was David's Lord and he is also my Lord. But he is different from the One and Only God the LORD(Adonai) who has made him as Lord Messiah.

G,

God said, “Hear O Israel, for the LORD your God is ONE Lord.” Yet you say that Jesus is your Lord. Are there TWO Lords?

thinker

gollamudi
    Participant

Yes brother Thinker,
    There are two Lords. One is LORD(Adonai) God and the other is Lord(Adoni) Messiah.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ July 02 2009,20:12)
    Yes brother Thinker,
    There are two Lords. One is LORD(Adonai) God and the other is Lord(Adoni) Messiah.

G,
    Then why can't there be two Gods? God did not say “The Lord your God is one God.” He said, “The Lord your God is one Lord.” If you can confess two Lords when God said there is only one Lord, then why do you find fault with trinitarianism?

thinker

gollamudi
    Participant

You are mistaken brother thinker. Shema of Israel never talks about two Gods or two Lords. It talks about one and only LORD(Adonai) God. Here the mistake is on the part of the translators on Det 6:4. Here the Hebrew word for Lord is YHWH which is used only for God alone not for Messiah my Lod. The english 'Lord' is used for anybody even for human kings and authorities.

Tim Kraft
    Participant

The old covenant is fulfilled, finished, and past away. The New Covenant, sealed by Jesus is the way, and the Truth to life. The Kingdom of God has come and is within every human being that will accept and believe.Luke 17:21 We have been washed clean of all sin forever and have been made the righteousness of God through Christ. We have the annointing of God within if we can clear out all the darkness, doctrines, wicked thoughts of uncleanliness and sin. In the New Covenant we are to build each other up with these powerful word of the Truth of God.The work is finished in Jesus. All that is left to do is believe.The seed/word of Truth is planted in every receiving heart.It grows even if we don't know how! If deception can keep us fussing and fighting over old worthless transcripts that were in sin/error and needed to be destroyed be cause they were not of the Truth of God, then deception, the deceiver wins. To the God/Men and God/Women of this site may the love of God bless and keep each and everyone. TK

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TK,
    So when were all men washed clean?
    Were they aware of it?

Was it only those at the time of Jesus or since then is everyone born clean?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

TK………..you are right to a point , but not all are good ground brother. But GOD is able to raise it and cleans it and make it good ground in his time however.

peace and love to you and yours………………………..gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Thinker…………listen to what Adam says on this , even Jesus said the there is only one true GOD, brother and that was not him. “FOR (THOU) ART THE (ONLY) TRUE GOD.

peace and love to you and yours brother………………….gene

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 02 2009,02:40)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 02 2009,18:12)

Hi brother WJ,

Peace to you
    Adam

Hi GM

WJ

You are simply wrong to the core. The scribes simply put Adonai in place of Lord out of respect for God it had nothing to do with designating God the title lord because the title can be applied to anyone that has respect, as I said all kings were called lord, many husbands were called lord in-fact if you were at a royal party someone could very well say My lord, said to my lord that lord byron had a conflict with the landlord who was at the right hand of my lord.

Would all these people be God to you and all equal as well.

Hi BD

Yes as always when it doesnt agree with your theology then the scriptures are corrupt and the translators corrupted them!

Weak!

WJ

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 183 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account