Moderators

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Baker
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 04 2011,15:02)

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ Jan. 04 2011,01:10)
    I think it a good thing that you have removed Mike as a moderator because he is not qualified.

Is there a training class I wasn't aware of?  :D

I find it funny that so many have bad things to say about my moderation when I only ever dealt with two people as a moderator.  :D

It's jealousy Mike, you were given power over others.

Georg

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (princess @ Jan. 02 2011,00:51)
    T8,
    i concur with your decision, tis a wise one. it is good to see you still hold nick as a brother.

Thanks.

I also wish that some believers here had more of a brother attitude. Unity is a good thing and not striving for it is a shame. We are always going to see things in a unique way. This doesn't compromise the truth, it us just about realising that we all are made to shine a part of the greater light from God.

Istari
    Participant

t8,

it is the striving for the UNIQUE way that causes the division.

It is not the UNIQUE way that should be striven for but the ONE WAY…that then brings UNITY not Division.

And Mikeboll64, the very fact that you, as Moderator, (What do Moderators do anyway?) only dealt with two people does not give credence to your ability to moderate – look at your screaming and distastefulness and deceit in your own posts and say that you are a credible Moderator. Was it not you that misled others in “Do Spirits have Bodies” and then bailed out leaving them holding the hot potato?
    Mikeboll64, are you not at loggerheads with EVERY PERSON you discuss with in this FORUM – Are you not the HEAD of the DEBATES chambers – How, as Moderator, are bringing UNITY when it is YOU who is causing the greatest DIVISION amongst everyone here in this forum?

Lightenup
    Participant

t8,
    This is your site and you would be a great choice to step in when two of your moderators were going head to head and going nowhere good.  It appears that you pulled one of their position's as moderator and gave the other permission to handle the situation as he felt led and then pulled his position after he did that.  t8, if you could only be cloned and we could have several t8's who didn't get so into the debates so much, but just actively 'policed' the site, perhaps the 'brotherly attitude' could foster.  We can't clone you quite yet so maybe an answer is to ask someone like theodore or seekingtruth (Wm) who are always polite and not the type to be debating in most of the threads, to act as your 'police' here and see if they are willing.  Keith would be a fine choice too if he only moderated in topics that he did not also debate in.  It shouldn't be the moderator who is also one of the 'debators' of the topic that gives out tiles to his opponent.  Another moderator should be asked to mediate if that is the case, imo.  Perhaps Mike and JA wouldn't have had so much trouble if there were a site mediator for them that they both respected, like you :)  Also, assigning your moderators to threads that they don't post in and not in the threads they post in, is an idea.  That way, they can debate freely in their topic of interest without authority as moderator, and only be a moderator in a topic they do not debate in, just 'police' in.  A moderator could be very effective if they didn't necessarily wait for a post to be reported but stepped into the conversation when they saw the abusive remarks and other violations come out.  Perhaps assign just a few sections of the forum, like “Biblical Prophecy,”  “Messages,” and “Truth and Tradition” to one 'chief' moderator and have the other moderators act only as back ups and do the same with each section of the forum.  That way it wouldn't be such an overwhelming task for any one or two persons to have to actively 'patrol' all current discussions.  

I'm sure that would be difficult to assign two people as your moderators and then have to take sides, very difficult indeed, but sometimes necessary.  God can give creative solutions though.
    Maybe there should be at least four 'active' moderators along with yourself, that way, if two of the moderators are needing 'mediating' between themselves, then the third moderator who is someone other than yourself and not so involved in the topic, can mediate and you don't have to take sides among your own moderators.

Thanks for listening,
    Kathi

Quote (Lightenup @ Jan. 04 2011,12:44)
    t8,
    This is your site and you would be a great choice to step in when two of your moderators were going head to head and going nowhere good.  It appears that you pulled one of their position's as moderator and gave the other permission to handle the situation as he felt led and then pulled his position after he did that.  t8, if you could only be cloned and we could have several t8's who didn't get so into the debates so much, but just actively 'policed' the site, perhaps the 'brotherly attitude' could foster.  We can't clone you quite yet so maybe an answer is to ask someone like theodore or seekingtruth (Wm) who are always polite and not the type to be debating in most of the threads, to act as your 'police' here and see if they are willing.  Keith would be a fine choice too if he only moderated in topics that he did not also debate in.  It shouldn't be the moderator who is also one of the 'debators' of the topic that gives out tiles to his opponent.  Another moderator should be asked to mediate if that is the case, imo.  Perhaps Mike and JA wouldn't have had so much trouble if there were a site mediator for them that they both respected, like you :)  Also, assigning your moderators to threads that they don't post in and not in the threads they post in, is an idea.  That way, they can debate freely in their topic of interest without authority as moderator, and only be a moderator in a topic they do not debate in, just 'police' in.  A moderator could be very effective if they didn't necessarily wait for a post to be reported but stepped into the conversation when they saw the abusive remarks and other violations come out.  Perhaps assign just a few sections of the forum, like “Biblical Prophecy,”  “Messages,” and “Truth and Tradition” to one 'chief' moderator and have the other moderators act only as back ups and do the same with each section of the forum.  That way it wouldn't be such an overwhelming task for any one or two persons to have to actively 'patrol' all current discussions.  

I'm sure that would be difficult to assign two people as your moderators and then have to take sides, very difficult indeed, but sometimes necessary.  God can give creative solutions though.
    Maybe there should be at least four 'active' moderators along with yourself, that way, if two of the moderators are needing 'mediating' between themselves, then the third moderator who is someone other than yourself and not so involved in the topic, can mediate and you don't have to take sides among your own moderators.

Thanks for listening,
    Kathi

Kathi

Great ideas. One thing about t8, he is not only Moderator but the “Owner” of this sight and even though he has been in personal debates he has never abused his power though in some cases he would have been justified.

Lets face it, t8 could do what he wants and not care what others think but that is not the kind of person he is.

I agree it would be nice if he could be around more, even though he usually gives me a hard time.  :)

I love you anyway t8! :)

But I also think Jack or you would be a good moderator Kathi.

Thanks again! Keith

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 03 2011,23:02)

I think it a good thing that you have removed Mike as a moderator because he is not qualified.

I find it funny that so many have bad things to say about my moderation when I only ever dealt with two people as a moderator.  :D

Mike

I think you were fine as a moderator but as you know I disagreed with your hard stand against Jack for a misunderstanding.

Far more people here have been more abusive with personal attacks than Jack has ever been yet they get a pass and have no tiles.

Blessings WJ

Lightenup
    Participant

Well, thanks Keith!

KangarooJack
    Participant

Keith wrote:

But I also think Jack or you would be a good moderator Kathi.

Keith,

I am not a moderator because I do not have the temperance. I would never seek or accept such a responsibility. Look up the words “moderate” and “moderator” and you will see what I mean. You will see also why Mike and JA were never qualified. Mike and JA are a three ring circus when compared to the moderators at the Preterist forum where I have been.

Jack

KangarooJack
    Participant

Mikeboll wrote:

Is there a training class I wasn't aware of?

All Mike had to do was look up the words “moderate” and “moderator” in the dictionary.

Roo

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Istari @ Jan. 05 2011,00:55)
    look at your screaming and distastefulness and deceit in your own posts and say that you are a credible Moderator.

This coming from a man who is transparently trying to fool his peers by pretending that it is someone else who is now screaming at them!  :D  Too funny!   :D  :laugh:  :D

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 05 2011,05:01)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 03 2011,23:02)

Mike

I think you were fine as a moderator but as you know I disagreed with your hard stand against Jack for a misunderstanding.

Far more people here have been more abusive with personal attacks than Jack has ever been yet they get a pass and have no tiles.

Blessings WJ

Thank you Keith, Georg, Irene and Kathi.

Irene, thanks for your never ending support and kindness – even during the times we disagree about scripture. :)

Georg, I think you are probably right about some of those nay-sayers.

Kathi, good suggestions.

Keith, thanks for your kind words.  You, Jack and I have had some real heated discussions at times……and you and I still do.  And I never blocked you or him for any personal attacks against me.  As much as Jack pretends he hates me now, I knew his posts were coming from a place of love and wanting me to understand the “truth” as he truly understands it.  You both have been my best teachers on this site – even though it seems that we disagree on almost every scriptural matter.  :)  

Jack was blocked for quoting my words out of context, not once, but twice.  He made it seem like I was supporting the trinity even though I had battled tooth and nail with him against it for months.  The second time, he refused to post a correction to the misquote.  I told him in a pm that he was making me sound like an idiot by misquoting me, and he said, “YOU ARE AN IDIOT!”   :D  :laugh:  :D

But if Jack was to be honest with us all right now, he would admit that he had been working long hours, and by his own words needed a couple of weeks off from HN, because he had become testy and was making mistakes and misreading other people's words.  His editing rights were also revoked about this same time because there were indications he was changing his words long after many others had posted to “cover his butt” about something he posted.

About JA, the first tile was because, after months of harsh abuse from him and warnings from me (including a tile that t8 subsequently removed because he was still a moderator at that time), he continued to call Irene a “liar” – because her understanding of a scripture differed from his.  I tiled him with a warning about calling others “liars”, and he immediately responded with a post in which he called me a “liar” at least three times.  And he went out of his way to capitalize “LIE” in each accusation, to make sure I would see that he had no respect for rules of the forum or the on duty moderator.  So I gave another tile.

As far as I remember, the last three tiles were given after he made a post to Shimmer that said his mission was to get banned.

I pleaded with him to stop.  I offered two “truces” between us, which he rejected.  I told him I didn't want him off the site, but to just stop with the hateful verbal abuse.  JA posted all the pm warnings I gave him in the “bodies” thread.  You all can see for yourselves that I tried.  t8 was absent on holiday, and I didn't know what else to do.

And now we have him back as “Istari” or whatever.  And within 3 days, he has verbally assaulted almost everyone on this site.  I don't know about you all, but I didn't join HN to be verbally abused day in and day out.  And I would leave if it wasn't for the good people I've met here and enjoy discussing scripture with.  Jack and Keith are at least showing scriptures and saying, “ARE YOU BLIND, MAN?!?  CAN'T YOU SEE THIS?”  Not JA.  He posts his imagination about things like Satan being the “real” firstborn of God – with no scriptural backing – and if you disagree or show scriptures that disagree, you are a “liar” and a “deceiver” and “thrashing under the weight of your own deception”.  :)  (Those are some of the nicer things he's said about some of us here.)

Today t8 told me in a pm that I wasn't “fired”.  He's sorting it all out and letting things cool off.  But I don't really care if I'm a moderator or not.  He asked for my help a few months ago, and I agreed.  It's not something I sought out or asked for.  This is the only forum I've ever joined in my life – I didn't and still don't know exactly what a moderator is supposed to do.  :)  I just know he asked for help, and I obliged.  Whatever happens from here on out is fine with me, I guess I just don't like being a “laughing stock” when I did the best I knew how to.

Is that enough “rambling on” for you, princess?

peace and love to you all,
    mike

Istari
    Participant

Mikeboll64,

nice pleasantries….

so you CAN BE NICE when you want something then…very good, very good.

You are the most outrageous poster after WorshippingJesus but here you try to pass yourself off as an Angel.

I'm sure t8 has taken note of your posts so this last post, pious as it sounds, has to be measured against the REAL MIKEBOLL64 as shown when you didn't know you were going to have to be nice!!

Kathi is right about Moderators…but the idea is unworkable as a moderator would be just as anxious to post if they felt the urge.

I see JustAskin added [Moderator] to his posts to indicate when he was posting as a moderator. No one else took the cue.
    oh, yes, you did – at the END but not before….

You say you have no idea what a moderator was supposed to do:
    Ok, here it is: DELETE SPAM POSTS….

You should NEVER have been given authority to issue tiles but should take grievances to a tribunal between the Moderators and discussed a course of action – but you, your PRIDE in being a Moderator and having the ability – caused you to ABUSE your rank and issue tiles willynilly against your own DISPUTE…that was WRONG:
    A Judge CANNOT PRESIDE over his OWN CASE….

Further, your tiling of JustAskin was not based on your desire to see him calm down but that you had to get rid of him to pursue your debunked thoughts on “Spirits with Bodies”
    You had already lost TWO 'debates' and knew you would lose a third but you would not lose it against JustAskin as you lost your previous two debates…against him too.
    it is clear from the postings that you set a determined track irrespective of the 'so-called pious' wording used – a PUBLIC VOICE!!!
    Having gotten JustAskin banned you were clear to make changes to your ideas backtracking away from your original thoughts that you led Irene and Terraricca away into the wilderness with – then left them stranded as you took the only bus home via SHIMMER who came to help and didn't realise that you were riding her back out of the desert!!

When you realise that someone stronger was after you – you bailed out claiming you had enough … how cowardly!!!

Is this the action of a moderator? No a coward!!

So what was your summary of your thread: You gave a halfhearted summary and ran… not even complete because you still can't reconcile how Jesus is FLESH and Bone on Earth – and yet Spirit in Heaven!!

And do you still think that “Spiritual Bodies” means Angels? ha – Ask Irene
    And do you still think that “CELESTIAL Bodies” means “Angels” – ha – Ask Irene

And – do you still say that “Spirits……… have bodies”?
    or have you yet to still learn the difference between “Spiritual” and “Spirit”?

Mikeboll64, do you have a “SPIRIT MIND” or a “SPIRITUAL MIND” – please don't be 'Immoderate' with your response.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Istari @ Jan. 05 2011,14:14)
    You had already lost TWO 'debates' and knew you would lose a third but you would not lose it against JustAskin as you lost your previous two debates…against him too.

Dude, really?  Do you seriously think you ARE someone else now? :D  

We've known that “Istari” was “JA” for the whole three days you've been dishonestly representing yourself as a new member.  We've all been pm'ing about it since the first day you posted. :)

And to which two debates do you refer?  The one where I conceded to you that Satan really WAS God's firstborn Son?  :D

Maybe the one where I conceded to you that all invisible things in heaven really WEREN'T created through Jesus like the scriptures teach.  :D

Or was it the one where you posted this:

“Mike, hey, I must apologise…

i apologise…    So, you win…  Having declared you as victor and the debate is therefore over…..

I'm pretty sure that the third one you mention is about spirits having bodies.  You have posted much about me in that thread (and many others)………….it's almost like you're obsessed with me.  I only say that because aside from an initial “Welcome” and some brief talk about HTML code, I haven't spoken a word to you in weeks……until now.  So for you to go on and on and on about me in every other post you print is a little…………….well, SCARY!  :)

I'll tell you what JA, if you were ever willing to answer some DIRECT SCRIPTURAL QUESTIONS as they were asked of you, I might have been willing to answer your baseless claims and false accusations in the “bodies” thread.  But you have run from each point I've made.  You post loads and loads of your IMAGINATION, all the while ignoring the clearly written scriptures.

I see t8 has joined in that thread now, and has been posting exactly what I was posting.  Maybe you can trash talk him for a couple of months and give me a break, huh?  :)

mikeboll64 (not to be confused with any other user name that I'm trying to deceive people with)

Istari
    Participant

Poor Mikeboll64,

has anyone else felt his tears….maybe someone can help to dry them for him…oh, I found an old bucket you can weep into…

Why are you defending yourself Mikeboll64 – is it because everything I said was TRUE?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

:)

I pray for peace and love for you, my brother JA. May God bless you and keep you safe and grant you serenity and understanding and all good things in your life.

mike

Istari
    Participant

That's pretty Mikeboll64, and a happy new year to you, too.

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Gandald, do some magic tricks! did you light up the dragon on newyears?

shimmer
    Participant

Now, hold it there….. Mike and ah, Istari, this is what you must both do, God doesn't want you to be in this continual war, peace is what you both need, hold onto it. God gives it. Ask for it. Pray for it. And keep it.

shimmer
    Participant

Look at me and Kathi, we were at war with each other, now we have peace and we care about each other, so nice, God given,

mikeboll64
    Blocked

I'm all for peace, Shimmer. :)

No grudges, water under the bridge, and all that stuff.

mike

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account