Mandy

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 383 total)
  • Author
    Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Jan. 14 2008,17:47)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 14 2008,16:20)
    Jodi

By the way, a good report.

A 10 year old girl was born again in our “Trinitarian Church” today and because of this glorious miracle of this child walking to the front of the church in tears on her own, and repenting and believing on the Lord Jesus today, 3 others followed. :D

Just thought I would let you know whats going on among these anti-christ.

:(

A great report. Praise the Lord!

Yes, praise the LORD.

You know, I can see myself in this 10 year old girl who is making her way to the alter to commit to Christ – with tears overflowing in her eyes…..

But as an adult I am reflecting tonight on the fear and bondage that I also signed up for when I committed to Christ. I was afraid of hell. I was afraid of rock music. I was afraid of those who swore. I was afraid of anything to do with sex (although I was forced to participate in it at a young age), I was afraid of dying. I was afraid of everything. And all the fear had a religious foundation attached to it. I had to shun homosexuals and all liars. I had to not hang around those who didn't act like a Christian. I had to watch my mother get drunk every weekend and fight with my Dad, and then get up Sunday morning and go to church in our Sunday Best.

I wonder…..what is this little girl signing up for? I wonder.

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 14 2008,17:22)

Jodi

A 10 year old girl was born again in our “Trinitarian Church” today and because of this glorious miracle of this child walking to the front of the church in tears on her own, and repenting and believing on the Lord Jesus today, 3 others followed. :D

You write that as if it is a good thing, WorshippingJesus.

Stuart

Yep

It sure is. Four more precious souls snatched out of the kingdom of darkness and translated into the kingdom of his dear Son.

Like 15:10
    Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.

Hallelujah!!!  :D

Quote (Not3in1 @ Jan. 14 2008,17:58)

Jodi

Yes, praise the LORD.

You know, I can see myself in this 10 year old girl who is making her way to the alter to commit to Christ – with tears overflowing in her eyes…..

But as an adult I am reflecting tonight on the fear and bondage that I also signed up for when I committed to Christ.  I was afraid of hell.  I was afraid of rock music.  I was afraid of those who swore.  I was afraid of anything to do with sex (although I was forced to participate in it at a young age), I was afraid of dying.  I was afraid of everything.  And all the fear had a religious foundation attached to it.  I had to shun homosexuals and all liars.  I had to not hang around those who didn't act like a Christian.  I had to watch my mother get drunk every weekend and fight with my Dad, and then get up Sunday morning and go to church in our Sunday Best.

I wonder…..what is this little girl signing up for?  I wonder.

Mandy

I know what she signed up for.

She accepted Jesus as her Saviour!

???

Not3in1
    Participant

Yes, I suppose it is as simple as that. Sure, I know it is. I guess I get caught-up in my own confused feelings sometimes. Good for her and God bless her life. God protect her little mind and give her good memories of you. Give her knowledge of you. Give her peace and joy for her salvation. Amen.

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 13 2008,21:14)
    Jodi

You say…

This is how the doctrine of the Trinity, making Jesus NOT truly coming in the flesh, was established. These were antichrist. These were people who mislead themselves and then went on to mislead many, many others. Upon their resurrection, I believe Jesus will be more concerned with how they treated one another then the doctrine that they held.

Then you say…

Obviously if God has not called Tow or Stu, then the Spirit of Truth about Jesus is not in them. This does NOT mean however that they don’t have other aspects of God’s Spirit working in them. We should look to the good in people and be patient with what they do or do not know, all is according to the will of God.

Maybe you can explain what you mean. ???

I am a little troubled by your words here.

First you are implying I am an anti-christ, then you say that Tow and Stu have aspects of Gods Spirit working in them.

If I am not mistaking they are anti-christ and would be the first to admit that Christ Spirit does not work in them.

They dont believe he even existed and think he is a fairy tale!

If I am wrong Tow and Stu please say so.

How can Gods Holy Spirit work in those who are against Christ or who do not believe in him?

Jodi, this is a very unfair judgment against other believers in Jesus.

How do you know the hearts of those who confess Jesus as Lord?

What makes you so sure your way is right?

Jesus said whoever is not against us is for us.

Please explain what you mean.

???

Sorry WJ, I did not mean to offend you, I have great respect for you. First let me say that I am not avoiding your questions on the Trinity thread. I have many, many words to say with many scriptures to follow, it's just a post that will take some time and effort and I have not gotten to it yet. But I most definitely will in the next couple of days.

Your a trinitarian, I am not. You believe that part of man is immortal, I do not. Therefore we obviously interpret many scriptures differently, and I am looking forward to sharing with you how I see things.

I don't think that having God's Spirit is so black and white. For instance if your a kind person, then you reflect God. If your a cruel person you reflect the antichrist. I believe that all humans reflect parts of both, with some leaning obviously more towards the antichrist, and vise versa. One crucial thing that I believe relating to the antichrists mentioned in the bible is that they were deceivers, but were those antichrists deceiving people out of bad intentions or good, or do we really know? If they themselves believed in the deception then they had good intentions spreading what they thought was the truth.

WJ what I believe and what I say is what makes sense to me. I cannot say that what I believe is the undeniable truth. We won't know until Jesus returns. Honestly, I think that well over half the people who confess Jesus is their saviour, have barely opened their bible and are just repeating what their pastor tells them. Words mean crap it is what is in your heart. Jesus represents a TYPE of man. He represents a humble, kind, patient man. So I see it in this way that people can not know Christ, but God still sees Christ in them. I am not going to write someone off just because they don't believe in Christ NOW.

I do not view an antichrist as someone who has been possessed by some celestial being who is intending harm on people. I believe that an antichrist can simply represent someone who believes a docrinal lie and spreads that lie under ignorant, but good intentions.

I hope this helps WJ.

Good Night and Blessings.

Is 1:18
    Participant

Eternal life.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Jan. 14 2008,18:08)

Eternal life.

Yes of course, eternal life. When we will all know for sure.

kenrch
    Participant

Jodi

Yes, praise the LORD.

But as an adult I am reflecting tonight on the fear and bondage that I also signed up for when I committed to Christ. I was afraid of hell. I was afraid of rock music. I was afraid of those who swore. I was afraid of anything to do with sex (although I was forced to participate in it at a young age), I was afraid of dying. I was afraid of everything. And all the fear had a religious foundation attached to it. I had to shun homosexuals and all liars. I had to not hang around those who didn't act like a Christian. I had to watch my mother get drunk every weekend and fight with my Dad, and then get up Sunday morning and go to church in our Sunday Best.

TRUE Love peace Joy Fellowship with God. How long has it been since you have experienced Joy and Peace that surpasses all understanding?

If she walks in Christ she won't become a pregnant teen and will be a virgin when married. Find her soul mate and live happily ever after and even happier when resurrected. She won't be materialistic so won't lust after her neighbor's goods which brings sorrow. ETC.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 14 2008,18:01)

Jodi

Yes, praise the LORD.

But as an adult I am reflecting tonight on the fear and bondage that I also signed up for when I committed to Christ.  I was afraid of hell.  I was afraid of rock music.  I was afraid of those who swore.  I was afraid of anything to do with sex (although I was forced to participate in it at a young age), I was afraid of dying.  I was afraid of everything.  And all the fear had a religious foundation attached to it.  I had to shun homosexuals and all liars.  I had to not hang around those who didn't act like a Christian.  I had to watch my mother get drunk every weekend and fight with my Dad, and then get up Sunday morning and go to church in our Sunday Best.

Mandy

???

And do you think a 10 year-old, too young to be mentally able to grasp the complex abstract concepts involved in religious belief, and possibly not really able to tell the fictional world from the real one, should be allowed anywhere near making such a commitment? It could be like commiting to Harry Potter, for a child of 10. Why do those running a religious organisation who might not give a thought for protecting the young seem so desparately keen on 'getting them when they're young'? (The same is seen with creationists, they never try to convince biology professors, but the would dearly love the back door of the school science lab left open for them). Like driving, gambling and drinking, christianity is talking about very heavy and inappropriate ideas for young people. Shouldn't they be protected from religion until they are of sufficient age of concent?

Or is it just easier to convince the young of fiction?

Stuart

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 13 2008,22:59)

Jodi

Stuart

Yep

It sure is. Four more precious souls snatched out of the kingdom of darkness and translated into the kingdom of his dear Son.

Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.

Hallelujah!!! :D

See that's the problem right there. Has this little girl lived enough to have even needed to repent from her sins?

Stu
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Jan. 14 2008,18:15)

Jodi

Yes, praise the LORD.

TRUE Love peace Joy Fellowship with God.  How long has it been since you have experienced Joy and Peace that surpasses all understanding?

If she walks in Christ she won't become a pregnant teen and will be a virgin when married.  Find her soul mate and live happily ever after and even happier when resurrected. She won't be materialistic so won't lust after her neighbor's goods which brings sorrow. ETC.

You've got to be joking. Where do you think the highest rates of teen pregnancy are? Yep, in the US it is right across the bible belt, in the most socially conservative and religiously devout areas.

Stuart

Quote (Jodi @ Jan. 14 2008,18:04)

Jodi

You say…

This is how the doctrine of the Trinity, making Jesus NOT truly coming in the flesh, was established. These were antichrist. These were people who mislead themselves and then went on to mislead many, many others.  Upon their resurrection, I believe Jesus will be more concerned with how they treated one another then the doctrine that they held.

Then you say…

Obviously if God has not called Tow or Stu, then the Spirit of Truth about Jesus is not in them. This does NOT mean however that they don’t have other aspects of God’s Spirit working in them. We should look to the good in people and be patient with what they do or do not know, all is according to the will of God.

First you are implying I am an anti-christ, then you say that Tow and Stu have aspects of Gods Spirit working in them.

If I am not mistaking they are anti-christ and would be the first to admit that Christ Spirit does not work in them.

How can Gods Holy Spirit work in those who are against Christ or who do not believe in him?

???

Sorry WJ, I did not mean to offend you, I have great respect for you. First let me say that I am not avoiding your questions on the Trinity thread. I have many, many words to say with many scriptures to follow, it's just a post that will take some time and effort and I have not gotten to it yet. But I most definitely will in the next couple of days.

Your a trinitarian, I am not. You believe that part of man is immortal, I do not. Therefore we obviously interpret many scriptures differently, and I am looking forward to sharing with you how I see things.

I don't think that having God's Spirit is so black and white. For instance if your a kind person, then you reflect God.  If your a cruel person you reflect the antichrist. I believe that all humans reflect parts of both, with some leaning obviously more towards the antichrist, and vise versa.  One crucial thing that I believe relating to the antichrists mentioned in the bible is that they were deceivers, but were those antichrists deceiving people out of bad intentions or good, or do we really know? If they themselves believed in the deception then they had good intentions spreading what they thought was the truth.

WJ what I believe and what I say is what makes sense to me. I cannot say that what I believe is the undeniable truth. We won't know until Jesus returns. Honestly, I think that well over half the people who confess Jesus is their saviour, have barely opened their bible and are just repeating what their pastor tells them. Words mean crap it is what is in your heart. Jesus represents a TYPE of man. He represents a humble, kind, patient man. So I see it in this way that people can not know Christ, but God still sees Christ in them. I am not going to write someone off just because they don't believe in Christ NOW.

I do not view an antichrist as someone who has been possessed by some celestial being who is intending harm on people. I believe that an antichrist can simply represent someone who believes a docrinal lie and spreads that lie under ignorant, but good intentions.

I hope this helps WJ.

Jodi

You say…

I hope this helps WJ.

Actually it dosnt. For you still say that an antichrist can be someone who represents a doctrinal lie, which I assume you still mean Trinitarians, yet Tow and Stu do not even believe in the GT and in fact are here to condemn it as being totally false, yet I dont hear you calling them antichrist!

You also say…

If your a cruel person you reflect the antichrist. I believe that all humans reflect parts of both, with some leaning obviously more towards the antichrist, and vise versa.  One crucial thing that I believe relating to the antichrists mentioned in the bible is that they were deceivers, but were those antichrists deceiving people out of bad intentions or good, or do we really know? If they themselves believed in the deception then they had good intentions spreading what they thought was the truth.

What are you trying to say? A deciever is less a deciever if he has good intentions?

I dont think so.

It is true that you really dont know who has good intentions or not, unless it is blatantly obvious that they are here to attack the Gospel Truth.

That is why in my opinion you making judgment against millions of believers calling them antchrist just because their doctrine dosnt agree with yours is wrong.

You have a right to your opinion.

But I find it interesting that it appears you would take the side of an Atheist and a Deist over a believer in Christ.

:O

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 14 2008,18:24)

Quote (kenrch @ Jan. 14 2008,18:15)

Jodi

Yes, praise the LORD.

TRUE Love peace Joy Fellowship with God. How long has it been since you have experienced Joy and Peace that surpasses all understanding?

If she walks in Christ she won't become a pregnant teen and will be a virgin when married. Find her soul mate and live happily ever after and even happier when resurrected. She won't be materialistic so won't lust after her neighbor's goods which brings sorrow. ETC.

You've got to be joking. Where do you think the highest rates of teen pregnancy are? Yep, in the US it is right across the bible belt, in the most socially conservative and religiously devout areas.

Stuart

I said IF SHE WALKS IN CHRIST. There's a difference if you are Christian in name only.

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 14 2008,18:17)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 14 2008,18:01)

Jodi

Yes, praise the LORD.

Mandy

???

And do you think a 10 year-old, too young to be mentally able to grasp the complex abstract concepts involved in religious belief, and possibly not really able to tell the fictional world from the real one, should be allowed anywhere near making such a commitment?  It could be like commiting to Harry Potter, for a child of 10.  Why do those running a religious organisation who might not give a thought for protecting the young seem so desparately keen on 'getting them when they're young'? (The same is seen with creationists, they never try to convince biology professors, but the would dearly love the back door of the school science lab left open for them). Like driving, gambling and drinking, christianity is talking about very heavy and inappropriate ideas for young people.  Shouldn't they be protected from religion until they are of sufficient age of concent?

Or is it just easier to convince the young of fiction?

Stuart

Stu

Most 10 year olds don't believe in fairy tales or santa clause or harry potter?

So yes I do believe a 10 year old is old enough to know what she believes.

Will it change? Maybe, but my 3,  10 year olds still Love God and are strong believers in him.

Have they had their ups and downs in life? Absolutely.

In the mean time they are learning to Love one another and be honest and have morals and faith.

Whats wrong with that pal? ???

Quote (Jodi @ Jan. 14 2008,18:17)

Jodi

Stuart

Yep

See that's the problem right there. Has this little girl lived enough to have even needed to repent from her sins?

I cant believe what I am hearing.

Nobody forced this little girl to go forward and accept Christ.

This is incredible!

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 13 2008,23:25)

Quote (Jodi @ Jan. 14 2008,18:04)

Jodi

You say…

This is how the doctrine of the Trinity, making Jesus NOT truly coming in the flesh, was established. These were antichrist. These were people who mislead themselves and then went on to mislead many, many others. Upon their resurrection, I believe Jesus will be more concerned with how they treated one another then the doctrine that they held.

Then you say…

???

I don't think that having God's Spirit is so black and white. For instance if your a kind person, then you reflect God. If your a cruel person you reflect the antichrist. I believe that all humans reflect parts of both, with some leaning obviously more towards the antichrist, and vise versa. One crucial thing that I believe relating to the antichrists mentioned in the bible is that they were deceivers, but were those antichrists deceiving people out of bad intentions or good, or do we really know? If they themselves believed in the deception then they had good intentions spreading what they thought was the truth.

I hope this helps WJ.

Jodi

You say…

I hope this helps WJ.

Actually it dosnt. For you still say that an antichrist can be someone who represents a doctrinal lie, which I assume you still mean Trinitarians, yet Tow and Stu do not even believe in the GT and in fact are here to condemn it as being totally false, yet I dont hear you calling them antichrist!

You also say…

If your a cruel person you reflect the antichrist. I believe that all humans reflect parts of both, with some leaning obviously more towards the antichrist, and vise versa. One crucial thing that I believe relating to the antichrists mentioned in the bible is that they were deceivers, but were those antichrists deceiving people out of bad intentions or good, or do we really know? If they themselves believed in the deception then they had good intentions spreading what they thought was the truth.

What are you trying to say? A deciever is less a deciever if he has good intentions?

I dont think so.

It is true that you really dont know who has good intentions or not, unless it is blatantly obvious that they are here to attack the Gospel Truth.

That is why in my opinion you making judgment against millions of believers calling them antchrist just because their doctrine dosnt agree with yours is wrong.

You have a right to your opinion.

But I find it interesting that it appears you would take the side of an Atheist and a Deist over a believer in Christ.

Wow, you don't get it do you. I just said most people, who confess Jesus, I don't think truly have a grasp on who Jesus really is.

I guess one of my main problems is I know many Trinitarian Christians who have confessed Jesus, and live a most sinful life. On the other hand I know several atheists who lead Christ like lives. So go figure!

Do I really have to call them antichrists too, are you really that sensitive? Of course I see them as antichrists as well. The truth is …t
    hrough Jesus Christ YHWH saved mankind, but honesty the TRUTH GOES FAR FAR beyond those WORDS, so when some one says, such and such has been born again by confessing Christ and being water baptized (a PHYSICAL ritual) I honestly could care less, that does not mean anything to me.

Once again what I believe is my opinion, I do not claim to have some sort of undeniable truth. Heck, I could just as well be an antichrist myself! :) Of course I hope I'm not, but I have written a lot of stuff on this forum and I am guessing somewhere in there I was wrong about something. :)

Stu
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 14 2008,18:34)

Jodi

Stuart

Yep

This is incredible!

That's simply unbelievable. Why did others follow? Peer pressure, or the need for approval from parents or other adults. If the bible was submitted for a censor's rating today, it would be certified for 18 and above on its content. Ten year olds really should not have access to such nasty fiction, and therefore should not be under the pressure of their families to belive something they should not be allowed to read about. To me this is a form of child abuse.

Stuart

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 14 2008,18:47)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 14 2008,18:34)

Jodi

Stuart

Yep

This is incredible!

That's simply unbelievable.  Why did others follow?  Peer pressure, or the need for approval from parents or other adults.  If the bible was submitted for a censor's rating today, it would be certified for 18 and above on its content.  Ten year olds really should not have access to such nasty fiction, and therefore should not be under the pressure of their families to belive something they should not be allowed to read about.  To me this is a form of child abuse.

Stuart

STU

For your information, the other three that followed after the little girl were adults well over 18.

So I suppose you wouldnt let your 10 year old decide for themselves what they want to believe?

Or would you make them believe what you want?

So tell me do you make your children read evolutionist propaganda? Is it ok for your 10 Year old to learn sex education in school?

Stu
    Participant

Most 10 year olds don't believe in fairy tales or santa clause or harry potter?

So yes I do believe a 10 year old is old enough to know what she believes.

Will it change? Maybe, but my 3, 10 year olds still Love God and are strong believers in him.

Have they had their ups and downs in life? Absolutely.

In the mean time they are learning to Love one another and be honest and have morals and faith.

Whats wrong with that pal?

1. The lack of imagination of those who can't give their children an ethical upbringing withoout religious doctrine, which is anti-educational; or the arrogance of those who claim their religion is the only route to morality

2. The fact that children, even at 10, are programmed to believe what they are told by adults, for good evolutionary reasons, so they are not really considering this complicated set of beliefs from a critical point of view as they shloud be allowed to. Does this belief system not say that there awaits some kind of hell (in the views of some, one that has pain and fire and sulfur) for those who are not 'saved'. What on earth does 'saved' mean to a child? What should a child make of a preacher who tells him that his little friend, tragically killed in an accident, is off to hell because he had not 'found Jesus'?

3. What a 10 year old believes in is very different from what an adult believes in. Imaginative fantasy is important for mental development but childish blind devotion to a fantasy cannot be healthy for anyone. The 10 year old loves because it pleases. Pal.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 14 2008,18:57)
    For your information, the other three that followed after the little girl were adults well over 18.

So I suppose you wouldnt let your 10 year old decide for themselves what they want to believe?

Or would you make them believe what you want?

So tell me do you make your children read evolutionist propaganda? Is it ok for your 10 Year old to learn sex education in school?

Well those over 18 should know better, then. How cute of them.

Sure, I would let a 10 year old believe in what they choose, but think for yourself what the chances of a 10 year-old child of evangelical christians deciding to become a muslim, at that age. Or vice-versa. To claim that a child has a real choice in that situation I think is to delude oneself, unless you can be genuinely even-handed about what is really convincingly known to be true about Jesus, which is virtually nothing.

Please tell me what 'evolutionist propaganda' is, unless you mean a biology textbook of facts about natural history.

I think the reason the rates of teenage pregnancy are much higher in areas with high rates of religious belief is because the standard of health education is so limited by the ultra-conservative views that are so prevalent in such places.
    Sex education at 10? Depends what the objective of it is.

Stuart

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 383 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account