Mandy

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 383 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    Christians can receive the Spirit. Many do not know how.
    There are some believers here but few with minds renewed by the Spirit.
    The receiving of that Spirit offers daily choices whether to accept the urgings of the gentle wind or not.

The rule of Christ within us takes some time as Peter showed in his second letter.

19We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

20Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

21For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Meantime we are meant to feed on the bread of heaven, the Word of God.

So do not expect unity any more than you would if you asked freshmen at Uni to give a dissertation.

Towshab
    Participant

So, how do you know if they have the spirt, when they agree with you Nick?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    We are on a journey to understanding on the Way and no where near the end. We help each other through the difficult bits and encourage each others to keep their eyes on the Horizon and not their discomforts on the way. We encourage the timid to start at the start by seeking first the kingdom and to be fully equipped before beginning the journey of faith. They need maps and a compass, lamps and food as well as protective clothing and simple weapons.
    We try to guide folk away from the false alleys and dead ends and the reliance on false prophets, false christs, the whore and her enticement.
    But it is great when you meet others who are at a similar place and have seen similar things.
    It does your heart good.

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 12 2008,10:48)
    Since I see very little difference in Christians that I know and most others, what indication is there that they “have the Holy Spirit”? Because they say they believe in Jesus? Seriously, the idea of a spirit of a god indwelling within you was borrowed from other religions that were around before Christianity.

You have pretty much been shown there is no unity of faith in Christianity so the theory of an indwelling spirit is bogus to the maximus.

Now some people here are probably going to freak when I say this, but none of the less it is what I believe.

Tow you do have the Spirit of God working in you. Our character is one aspect that reflects HOW MUCH of God's Spirit is within us.

Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

Another aspect of God's Spirit is possessing the truth behind the past, present and future that coincides with God's ways and His purpose. Funny thing about this one however is that no one can PROVE that they hold the truth until Jesus returns to confirm it. This is why I would never argue that I hold the truth and someone else does not. I would simply argue that what I believe according to the scriptures makes more sense then what someone else believes according to the scriptures. This is why I believe that common sense is the only thing we've got to go on to support our beliefs.

Jesus is the only man that was given God's Spirit in full. God has and does dispatch his Spirit to certain people, at certain times, and on certain levels. I have confidence and trust in God that His plan of calling works to the best of mankind. There is a certain mental criteria I believe that an individual must reach before God can give that person a piece of His Spirit. I believe that if God were to give an aspect of His Spirit when a person is not ready, the consequence would have negative results. One example of what I believe could happen is the person would take that power and glorify themselves with it instead of God.

God's Spirit in us I believe is a matter of our mind and our character coming from that mind, reflecting that of God's. Our attributes of our character I believe are far more important then what details we understand about past biblical events. The belief God wants us to gain from Jesus, I believe, is that Jesus' righteous character came directly from God's work in him. Possessing attributes of a holy nature within our character can only come from God, and it is possessing these characteristics that will bring all of mankind into the kind of world we all desire to live in.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Jodi @ Jan. 13 2008,07:47)

Since I see very little difference in Christians that I know and most others, what indication is there that they “have the Holy Spirit”? Because they say they believe in Jesus? Seriously, the idea of a spirit of a god indwelling within you was borrowed from other religions that were around before Christianity.

You have pretty much been shown there is no unity of faith in Christianity so the theory of an indwelling spirit is bogus to the maximus.

Now some people here are probably going to freak when I say this, but none of the less it is what I believe.

Tow you do have the Spirit of God working in you. Our character is one aspect that reflects HOW MUCH of God's Spirit is within us.

Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

Another aspect of God's Spirit is possessing the truth behind the past, present and future that coincides with God's ways and His purpose. Funny thing about this one however is that no one can PROVE that they hold the truth until Jesus returns to confirm it. This is why I would never argue that I hold the truth and someone else does not. I would simply argue that what I believe according to the scriptures makes more sense then what someone else believes according to the scriptures. This is why I believe that common sense is the only thing we've got to go on to support our beliefs.

Jesus is the only man that was given God's Spirit in full. God has and does dispatch his Spirit to certain people, at certain times, and on certain levels. I have confidence and trust in God that His plan of calling works to the best of mankind. There is a certain mental criteria I believe that an individual must reach before God can give that person a piece of His Spirit. I believe that if God were to give an aspect of His Spirit when a person is not ready, the consequence would have negative results. One example of what I believe could happen is the person would take that power and glorify themselves with it instead of God.

God's Spirit in us I believe is a matter of our mind and our character coming from that mind, reflecting that of God's. Our attributes of our character I believe are far more important then what details we understand about past biblical events. The belief God wants us to gain from Jesus, I believe, is that Jesus' righteous character came directly from God's work in him. Possessing attributes of a holy nature within our character can only come from God, and it is possessing these characteristics that will bring all of mankind into the kind of world we all desire to live in.

Hi Jodi,
    Natural men have never been indwelled by the Spirit of God. It takes an anointing from God for that to be the case.
    Galatians and all the letters were written to the saved.

Jodi
    Participant

Nick, would you say that a person who obeys the law of God, has the Spirit of God working in them?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    No natural man can perfectly obey the Law of God.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Jan. 11 2008,02:40)
    However, when my boss could not answer, the other man said “You are not being honest. Your religion says that if I do not accept Jesus then I will go to hell. Why do you not stand up for what you believe in?”

Where does it say that?

kenrch
    Participant

1Jo 2:21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.
    1Jo 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
    1Jo 2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

1Jo 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

2Jo 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

Stu
    Participant

Hi Kenrch

Adam and Eve were punished for doing good? They accepted Satan's spirit ways of get instead of give. Their children inherited that spirit of greed. That's why Jesus said it's better to give than to receive. God gave! Of all the trees you may eat He GAVE the earth to Adam and Eve. But after Satan, that wasn't enough they wanted MORE.

The logic and justice of this part of Genesis is about as illogical and injust as the rest of it, for example:

Gen 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

The celestial slave-owner (or slave-creator) does not bother to educate, just to command. Was he surprised when his temptation proved too great? Should god be surprised? What is a life like with omniscience and therefore without surprise and wonder? No wonder he becomes a jealous and angry god later on in the OT.

Gen 3:4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

And surely the serpent was right!? The punishment was not death, but a list of ‘punishments’ composed of reasonably imaginative mythology-writing, and anyway fantastically wrong in evolutionary terms.

Gen 3:9 And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?

Because he didn’t know? Or was he playing hide-and-seek and trying not to cheat by using his omniscience?

Adam and Eve is pop philosophy. The whole concept of humans being punished for the supposed transgressions of Eve and a serpent is amusing. Those who do not see it as allegory must have a pretty jaded view. How can you call sophisticated anyone who takes this low-level mythology solemnly? As for ‘their children inherited their spirit of greed’, well that is just ridiculous old-fashioned disproven Lamarckian genetics.

Stuart

Quote (kenrch @ Jan. 13 2008,10:13)

1Jo 2:21  I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.
    1Jo 2:22  Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
    1Jo 2:23  Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

1Jo 4:3  And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

2Jo 1:7  For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

Jodi Anybody that has the Holy Spirit would say and agree what scriptures Ken just pointed out. My concern has been from the beginning when Stu and Tow came to this Website, to be careful, but unfortunately some have not and have changed their mind about Jesus. I ask you why do you think that, that happened?

Peace and Love MrsIM4Truth

Stu
    Participant

Quote (seek and you will find @ Jan. 13 2008,11:35)

Quote (kenrch @ Jan. 13 2008,10:13)

1Jo 2:21  I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.
    1Jo 2:22  Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
    1Jo 2:23  Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

1Jo 4:3  And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

2Jo 1:7  For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

Jodi Anybody that has the Holy Spirit would say and agree what scriptures Ken just pointed out. My concern has been from the beginning when Stu and Tow came to this Website, to be careful, but unfortunately some have not and have changed their mind about Jesus. I ask you why do you think that, that happened?

Peace and Love MrsIM4Truth

Well you swell my head to give me some of the credit for this. I think you probably mean Towshab more than me. Whatever the case, tell me of a time in history when people were not changing their views of Jesus. Countless schisms have happened. It is worth christians being wary of anyone who claims to know the 'real' Jesus.

Stuart

kenrch
    Participant

Question for N31 since you no longer believe in Christ will you still celebrate “CHRIST mas”? :D

Not3in1
    Participant

You bettcha! As you have taught, Christmas is a pagen holiday anyway; just a bunch of drinking and suicides……

:;):

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Jan. 14 2008,07:16)
    You bettcha! As you have taught, Christmas is a pagen holiday anyway; just a bunch of drinking and suicides……

:;):

Just as when you “believed”!

Not3in1
    Participant

Yes, I guess the only one around here who makes any significant spiritual progress is you – is that right? Whatever, Ken. I'm done being spiritually bullied by you! Why don't you go read your Commandments and see if they make any more sense to you Today! Be careful when you get down from your high horse to retrieve your bible – you may stumble and fall on your pride.

In other words, Ken, back off and give me space. I know where you are headed – you are wanting to corral me into a corner with your questions and I won't let you. Not anymore.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Jan. 14 2008,07:36)
    Yes, I guess the only one around here who makes any significant spiritual progress is you – is that right? Whatever, Ken. I'm done being spiritually bullied by you! Why don't you go read your Commandments and see if they make any more sense to you Today! Be careful when you get down from your high horse to retrieve your bible – you may stumble and fall on your pride.

In other words, Ken, back off and give me space. I know where you are headed – you are wanting to corral me into a corner with your questions and I won't let you. Not anymore.

NO! you are in my space N31! You are here denying Jesus YOU ARE IN MY SPACE! Maybe you should go back to kejonns place after all that's why he made the site.

Towshab
    Participant

Leave it to Ken to show the true nature of Christian love.

NickHassan
    Participant

hmmm

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Jan. 12 2008,15:13)

1Jo 2:21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.
    1Jo 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
    1Jo 2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

1Jo 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

2Jo 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

This might seem hard for you to understand Kenrch, but it is not what you know it is what is in your heart. I often see the fruit of God's Spirit working in athiests more then I do some Christians. I believe that God influences and affects peoples lives, having His Spirit working in them, all the time without them knowing it. People can have righteous characteristics without even knowing God; such as honesty, patience, kindness… Are these not the fruits of God’s Spirit? HAVING the Holy Spirit is NOT, something where YOU EITHER HAVE IT OR YOU DON’T! This should be OBVIOUS! There are some people who do a real good job at being thankful to God, studying the bible, praying, but on the other hand they are judgmental and often full of hate. This individual would have some parts of God’s Spirit working in him, while not others. Now on the other hand we could find, many, many people who follow the golden rule, they are patient and kind and do not judge others, but yet have never opened the bible. These people ALSO, have the Holy Spirit working in them.

Hate is of the antichrist, and love is of God. Christ’s character was the expression of God’s. Therefore unless a person is perfect, they too, at times mirror the actions of an antichrist.

Now about those scriptures you posted. Let’s look at these as well.

John 6:44 – No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 17:25 O righteous Father! The world has not known You, but I have known You; and these have known that You sent Me.

John 4:39 Many Samaritans from that city believed in him because of the woman's testimony, “… 40 so when the Samaritans came to him, they asked him to stay with them; and he stayed there two days. 41 And many more believed because of his word. 42 They said to the woman, “It is no longer because of your words that we believe, for we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this is indeed the Savior of the world.”

When do you think that God is going to draw the majority of people into knowing Jesus? Before they die the death which Adam’s punishment brought them to? Do we see God right now making His effort to bring all people to the knowledge of the truth? Oh yes, every illiterate person has been given the opportunity to learn to read, has been handed a PERFECTLY translated bible, thus being given all fairness to know and accept Christ. Give me a break.

It just seems apparent to me that God is going to bring the majority of people to the truth after Jesus' second coming. Those who have been drawn in by God, have overcome their weak flesh and have accepted Jesus before their death, will be resurrected to be leaders with Christ. These leaders will then assist Christ after the resurrection of bringing all others to the truth. Indeed it seems logical that the best way to get people to believe in Christ is through his personal presence, as we see from the story in John 4.

It is not necessary to be so negative and to feel so threatened by Tow or Stu. If they are not coming to the truth now, be patient as God and Christ are patient. God KNOWS what is best and when is the best time to bring an individual into the knowledge of the truth. Our faith can grow from the challenges they give us, we can thank God for that.

John 5:25 “Truly, truly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live. 28 Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice 29 and come forth, those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who ha
    ve done evil, to the resurrection of judgment.

Revelation 2:23 I will kill her children with death, and all the churches shall know that I am He who searches the minds and hearts. And I will give to each one of you according to your works.

Romans 2:14 Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law,

In 1 and 2 John I see that those antichrists are ‘converted’ pagans, who instead of learning from the OT to help them identify the God of Jesus, they used their past beliefs and applied them. This is how the doctrine of the Trinity, making Jesus NOT truly coming in the flesh, was established. These were antichrist. These were people who mislead themselves and then went on to mislead many, many others. Upon their resurrection, I believe Jesus will be more concerned with how they treated one another then the doctrine that they held.

Obviously if God has not called Tow or Stu, then the Spirit of Truth about Jesus is not in them. This does NOT mean however that they don’t have other aspects of God’s Spirit working in them. We should look to the good in people and be patient with what they do or do not know, all is according to the will of God.

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 383 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account