Logic

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 621 through 640 (of 800 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 20 2014,09:13)
    Hi MB,
    God does the oddest things.

When I was at a catholic school age 14 one of the teachers for religious instruction read to us the book of Acts
    I was hooked

hi Nick

at 8 years old about ;I ask the catholic priest that was teaching us (the class ) how could Mary be the mother as a women when God is almighty in heaven and created all things ,

was it the SPIRIT OF GOD THAT TOLD ME THIS ???

BECAUSE I SAID THIS BECAUSE IT MAKES COMMON SENS TO ME

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 20 2014,03:29)
    Hi,
    Human logic applied to scripture shows fruit in the divided false church

Nick,

That is true as it is logic based on the principles of men but those humans who use logic based on the principles of God will be lead true.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 20 2014,01:34)
    Hi KW,
    Study the scriptures
    Jn8.8-9
    Mt 9.4
    Mt 23.27f
    Mk 2.8
    Mk5.1-20
    Lk 5.22
    acts 5.3
    1 cor 12.10
    etc

Nick,

I really do not see it as of much importance as the gifts come or not according to the will of God and I nor any believer have nothing to do with anything accept practicing them to advance the will of God.

Misusing the information about them in order to make false claims does concern me and should concern anyone that seeks the truth.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    I think the teachings of the Spirit in the Word are all important.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 20 2014,23:48)
    Hi KW,
    I think the teachings of the Spirit in the Word are all important.

Nick,

I am trying to figure our how you think someone can use godly logic without the Spirit leadership. The words I hear tell me it is impossible.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Do the words GODLY LOGIC appear in Scripture or are they just yours?

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

The word logic does not appear in Scripture but the the word godly does.  Logical reasoning is just a type of reasoning that is used to test things to see if they are both valid and sound.  In other words it tests if a claim can be broken.  It is not used to test for truth.  That is where the Spirit comes in.

Scripture does tell us there is a wisdom of man and that there is a wisdom of God and that the two are opposed.  The wisdom of God is taught by the Spirit and the reasoning Paul used in Athens came from that wisdom and so was based on godly principles.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    So to you the natural mind of man is adequate to assess the spiritual teachings of God?
    The Spirit cuts to the heart

terraricca
    Participant

hi

carefully read those words ;

Pr 1:1 The proverbs of Solomon son of David, king of Israel:
    Pr 1:2 for attaining wisdom and discipline;
    for understanding words of insight;
    Pr 1:3 for acquiring a disciplined and prudent life,
    doing what is right and just and fair;
    Pr 1:4 for giving prudence to the simple,
    knowledge and discretion to the young—
    Pr 1:5 let the wise listen and add to their learning,
    and let the discerning get guidance—
    Pr 1:6 for understanding proverbs and parables,
    the sayings and riddles of the wise.

Pr 1:7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge,
    but fools despise wisdom and discipline.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

A man who lives by the flesh cannot use logic correctly in all cases because his works are corrupt. All that will come from him is a mixture of truths and untruths.

A man whose mind is Christlike is able to use logic correctly and so can access the truth of all things.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Is this written or your opinion?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 19 2014,21:13)
    Hi MB,
    God does the oddest things.

When I was at a catholic school age 14 one of the teachers for religious instruction read to us the book of Acts
    I was hooked

That is a good story Nick, and I'm truly glad you were led to God at such an early age.  For me, it came much later in life – but like you, I was hooked from the jump.

I don't want to fight about this “logic” thing anymore.  If YOU believe we aren't supposed to use our God-given brains, then don't use yours.  I believe God created us with such awesome brain power so we could actually use it.

I'll leave you with these verses:

Daniel 9:2
    In the first year of his reign, I, Daniel, understood from the Scriptures, according to the word of the Lord given to Jeremiah the prophet, that the desolation of Jerusalem would last seventy years.

Daniel was a great prophet of God, who we know had the Spirit, and was even visited by angels of Jehovah.  Yet he figured out the seventy years by reading scripture, and using his own brain and logic and reasoning.  Jehovah and Gabriel didn't do his work for him.

Revelation 13:18
    This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man. That number is 666.

In this case, we are specifically asked to use our own human wisdom and insight.

Acts 17
    11 Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

12 As a result, many of them believed……….

These “fact-checkers” were praised and called “noble” by Luke.  They were commended for examining the scriptures and using their God-given logic, common sense, and reasoning to figure out if Paul was telling them the truth or not.

So I will continue to use that God-given logic, common sense, and reasoning to form my conclusions of what the scriptures are teaching.  And I will continue to ask God to lead me in my search of truth.  But it is MY search, and God won't do it for me, Nick.  Jehovah also expects me to use the wonderful brain He created in me.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Better to attain to the mind of Christ

mikeboll64
    Blocked

I do. Christ is very happy when I use my God-given reasoning, logic, and common sense.

In fact, I had planned on leaving you with only the Daniel verse in that last post. Then, when posting that verse, I was inexplicably led to the other two verses. I had to go back and change “this verse” to “these verses”. :)

Christ is indeed with me, Nick.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    You are meant to be in him [gal 3.27]and he in you [gal 4.19]

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Good. Then I'm right where I'm supposed to be. :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    So you say.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Yes I do. :)

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 21 2014,05:59)
    Hi KW,
    Is this written or your opinion?

Nick,

It is written that a man who lives by the flesh performs works that are corrupt. Even without being written it is self evident.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 21 2014,07:47)
    I do.  Christ is very happy when I use my God-given reasoning, logic, and common sense.

In fact, I had planned on leaving you with only the Daniel verse in that last post.  Then, when posting that verse, I was inexplicably led to the other two verses.  I had to go back and change “this verse” to “these verses”.  :)

Christ is indeed with me, Nick.

Mike

this I like it shows that the spirit is in you , :)

Viewing 20 posts - 621 through 640 (of 800 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account