Logic

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 541 through 560 (of 800 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 14 2014,08:10)
    Yes WU

Nick,

I actually agree that godly logic is not human logic,

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 14 2014,08:49)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 14 2014,07:05)
    Hi,
    Logic fails miserably when trying to grasp the spiritual words of God.

Nick

you are wrong ;read the story of Jonas the king of ninive told his people let all stop doing what we are doing and let put sackcloth MAYBE THE GOD OF THE PROPHET WILL NOT DO THAT TO US ;

THIS WAS LOGICAL AND GOOD THINKING TO ME ,AND IN FACT THEY HAVE SAVED THEIR LIFES

T,

I agree with you.

Wakeup
    Participant

Since we are studying the spiritual,we must not use our logic.
    Compare spiritual with spiriual.
    Man's logic applied to the spiritual is a disaster.
    Our spiritual teacher is the Holy Spirit only.
    Lets depend on His logic.

Some are getting too puffed up with man's wisdom.
    Which is foolishness to God.Therefore all the confusion.

wakeup.

kerwin
    Participant

Wakeup,

I am not sure what you are saying. Perhaps I will understand it better at a later time.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 14 2014,22:16)
    Wakeup,

I am not sure what you are saying.  Perhaps I will understand it better at a later time.

Kerwin.

It is simple.
    Compare spiritual things with spiritual,and let the HS take over. There is no need for men's assistance.
    There is no need to be a graduate in theology,for that is mans wisdom.

wakeup.

terraricca
    Participant

logic of men ;means that your way of thinking is based on and only based on men powers to get men out of his own troubles ,

logic that comes from God means that ,what we think is all with God's and only God's  power to take us out of our troubles

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Mar. 14 2014,18:54)

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 14 2014,22:16)
    Wakeup,

I am not sure what you are saying.  Perhaps I will understand it better at a later time.

Kerwin.

It is simple.
    Compare spiritual things with spiritual,and let the HS take over. There is no need for men's assistance.
    There is no need to be a graduate in theology,for that is mans wisdom.

wakeup.

Wakeup,

My trouble is that too many here seem not to understand that scripture often call mere men, men.  It does the same with other things such as flesh, world, earth, etc.  It is a form of lack of knowledge.  T seems to get the message from his words.  

I am not sure about you since logic is a tool and God's logic is using that tool according to the principles of God.  Man's logic is using that same tool but not according to the principles of God.

I also get the impression to not realize God is telling the wicked and the unrighteous that his thoughts are not their thoughts and his ways are not their ways in Isaiah 55.

There is spiritual things and their are thing of nature of this world, a world separated from God.  Logic is not one of the later just because it is used by humans.  Logic that is based on the principles of mere men is one of the later.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Dependance on greek logic can rob us of vital information.
    God does not have to be logical.

terraricca
    Participant

k

T seems to get the message from his words.

and what that suppose to mean ???

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 15 2014,03:19)
    k

T seems to get the message from his words.  

and what that suppose to mean ???

T,

It means that you seem to understand that human wisdom is wisdom without God and the godly wisdom with God.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 15 2014,01:29)
    Hi,
    Dependance on greek logic can rob us of vital information.
    God does not have to be logical.

Nick,

Jesus used Greek style logic and he said follow me. There is Jewish style logic as well and applying Greek to it will lead you astray. Logic is useless without the Spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW
    Where are the wise? Where are the scholars?
    Let little children come to me.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 15 2014,08:11)
    Hi KW

Nick

are you never going to grow mature and leaving the child attitude ???

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 15 2014,08:11)
    Hi KW

Niick,

Here are the scholars.

Matthew 13:52
    Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

52 Then said he unto them, Therefore every scribe which is instructed unto the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which bringeth forth out of his treasure things new and old.

The children are called to become wise.

Wakeup
    Participant

Let us use our logic dealing in our daily lives.
    But let us not depend on our logic to understand the Word of God. The HS is in charge of that realm.
    For we are just as little children.

wakeup.

david
    Participant

Asking if logic is truth is sort of like asking if math is truth.

If there is any reasoning that isn't true, then it isn't logic.

Maybe a better question would be: are there any instances where any of the logical fallacies are not fallacies?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 14 2014,00:01)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 14 2014,07:05)
    Hi,
    Logic fails miserably when trying to grasp the spiritual words of God.

Nick,

Actually you lack knowledge of what logic is since you attempt to use it yourself and I don't think you are intentionally being a hypocrite on the subject.

Logic is only a tool for reasoning.  Like the vast majority of tools it can be used either for good or for evil. Condemning those who use logic is like condemning those who use math, those who play musical instruments, dance, or any other things that human beings do. I know of no where in Scripture where it is banned and I know of places where it is used by God's servants and even God himself.  Don't be like the woman who criticized king David for dancing in the street.

Well said, Kerwin.

Logic IS basically “reasoning”, or “discernment”.

Proverbs 14:6
    The mocker seeks wisdom and finds none, but knowledge comes easily to the discerning.

Proverbs 17:24
    A discerning person keeps wisdom in view, but a fool’s eyes wander to the ends of the earth.

Proverbs 18:1
    The heart of the discerning acquires knowledge, for the ears of the wise seek it out.

Nick seems to think that we aren't allowed to have any knowledge whatsoever, so we shouldn't even try.

Luke 12:56
    Hypocrites! You know how to interpret the appearance of the earth and the sky. How is it that you don’t know how to interpret this present time?

Jesus is scolding them for NOT using their logic, reasoning, and discernment.

Isaiah 1:18
    Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD…………..

Jehovah invites, and requires us to use our own reasoning.

Mark 8
    8:17 Jesus said to them, “Why are you arguing about having no bread? Do you still not see or understand? Have your hearts been hardened?

8:18 Though you have eyes, don’t you see? And though you have ears, can’t you hear?

8:21 Then he said to them, “Do you still not understand?

Jesus was shocked that the lack of logic and reason his disciples showed in this case (and in many other cases).

I wonder what Nick would have answered to Jesus in this case.  “But Jesus, we're not SUPPOSED TO understand.  Aren't we supposed to just lie here dim-witted, pretending that God didn't even give us common sense and logic, and wait for some spirit to tell us things?  And then we will believe whatever that spirit tells us, no matter how illogical and ludicrous it sounds.”

But we are to TEST those spirits, Nick.  What exactly do we test those spirits AGAINST?

If a spirit tells me that God will destroy the kind hearted and the meek, but the murderers, rapists and thieves will live forever in paradise, should I just believe that spirit and think to myself, “Well, God's ways aren't our ways, so it doesn't have to make sense to me” ?

Give me a break, man.  God gave us common sense and logic as tools.  Surely He intended us to use those gifts.  Besides, why would God preserve His written word for HUMAN BEINGS, if it wasn't meant to be understood by, and make sense to, human beings?

People whose doctrines require them to say, “Well, it doesn't have to make sense to us” are people who hold nonsensical doctrines.

There are sensible alternatives that fit the scriptural teachings better, but because they don't WAN'T to believe those SENSIBLE alternatives, they will insist upon the nonsensical version, and keep telling us that “It doesn't have to make sense to us”.

Lame.

NickHassan
    Participant

hi MB,
    Useless to test the spirits with your natural mind.
    Only in Christ Jesus is the grace available.

I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 15 2014,12:12)
    hi MB,

What do YOU test the spirits with, Nick?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 16 2014,00:12)
    hi MB,
    Only in Christ Jesus is the grace available.

I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

Nick

as far as I have seen of you ,YOU CANNOT DO ANYTHING BESIDE QUOTING SCRIPTURES “COPY AND PASTE” EVEN THE SCRIPTURES YOU DO NOT BELIEVE UNLESS YOU ARE EXPRESSING WHAT THEY MEAN NOT THE SCRIPTURES BUT YOU WITH YOUR MIND ,EVEN THOUGH YOU WILL DENY THIS ,BUT YOUR QUOTES SHOWS THAT ;

Viewing 20 posts - 541 through 560 (of 800 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account