Logic

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 461 through 480 (of 800 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Gene,

The “rock” was the recognition that Jesus was the foretold Messiah.  That is the main point of every disciple's teaching – that Jesus was indeed the Christ who was to come.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gene,
    Yes you are right.
    The Father revealed it to him and it was not human skill.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Nick,

Will you DIRECTLY address my last post to you? (The bottom post on the previous page)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Why would we judge the Words of God?

All is vanity.

We need to submit to the Word and let it teach us.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Nick,

Are you AFRAID to answer the question?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    I prefer to learn from the Word.
    That is how we can progress.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

:D :laugh: :D Coward.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Should you judge those who seek understanding from scripture.
    Why waste time philosophising?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Why do you waste time spouting unscriptural things that you aren't even willing to scripturally defend? ???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    It is better to be a student than a teacher.[jas 3.1]
    We have so much to learn yet.

david
    Participant

Mike, have you actually met Nick? The last 7 posts before this one, sometimes with Nick, you can have strings of such posts that go on for days–100's of posts long. thousands! Millions!
    I like Nick, but I wish he would converse, more so than moderate. And when he's not moderating, I wish he would not converse. (That made sense in my mind before I wrote it.)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

The worst part is that I'll be having a scriptural discussion with a group of people. I'll make a post. And before they get the chance to read that post the next day, there are 5 new pages of one-liner sarcastic remarks between Nick and another member. They are all useless, and don't have anything to do with the discussion. It is a waste of space, IMO.

Nick, listen up closely, and I'll show you why I wanted DIRECT answers to my questions:

You say the Word of God was in Jesus, speaking through him when he said things like John 17:5 and 8:58. But that would only be possible if the Word was an individual entity who had his own mind and ambitions – separate from God.

It couldn't have been the Word saying, “Glorify ME now with the glory I HAD” unless the Word was a BEING separate from God who could have glory ALONGSIDE God before the world began.

So………………..Do you believe that the Word of God who was WITH God in the beginning is an individual ENTITY, separate from God? YES or NO?

NickHassan
    Participant

HiB,
    You insist the ways of God must conform to your logic.
    Why is this?

Entity??

mikeboll64
    Blocked

That's right, Nick.  For anyone or anything to be reminiscing about glory HE once had alongside his own God, then that thing or person must be a thing or person SEPARATE from God.

Is that what you believe – that the Word of God was a thing or person SEPARATE from God?

It is the ONLY way for your understanding to work.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    MUST BE does not wash.
    Find it written

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Nick,

I don't really care to play your games anymore. Let's suffice to say that you think it makes sense that the Word of God could be yearning for past glory HE had beside his God, yet that word IS the very God HE had glory beside. ???

If that makes sense to you, then I can't do anything for you.

To me, it makes more sense that the BEING, Jesus, that we all KNOW was called by the title “Word of God” in Rev 19, is called by the same title by the same author in John 1. It was this BEING, the Son of God, who had glory alongside his God before the world began. It was this BEING through whom all things were created. It was this BEING who was later made into the likeness of a man.

See? These all follow the scriptures to a “T”, Nick. Your understanding leaves many holes that you can't even address, and so must resort to sarcastic one-liners that only show your own ignorance.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 12 2012,11:04)
    To me, it makes more sense that the BEING, Jesus, that we all KNOW was called by the title “Word of God” in Rev 19, is called by the same title by the same author in John 1.  

Hi Mike,

“The Word” written in Rev.19:13 is NOT identified as Jesus?
    “The Word” of God is the “HolySpirit” of God! (see Eph.6:17)

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Making sense and satisfying logic is not how you find truth.
    You keep adding stuff to what is written

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 12 2012,12:39)
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

If the sword of the spirit is the word and the spirit is the word, then the sword of the spirit must be the word of the word.

Just saying.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 12 2012,12:39)
    “The Word” written in Rev.19:13 is NOT identified as Jesus?

Jesus/Yahshua/??? was the name given to him when the Word was made flesh. Before that, the name/title was the Word/Logos.

The Book of John is all about Jesus and revealing who he is.

Thus it is fitting that it starts off as the Word was with God in the beginning.

Viewing 20 posts - 461 through 480 (of 800 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account