Logic

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 381 through 400 (of 800 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

The language of logic is mathematics.

Does mathematics always add up?

Just thinking out loud here.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ May 24 2009,18:19)
    The language of logic is mathematics.

Does mathematics always add up?

Just thinking out loud here.

Mathematics is good if used properly but if you put the wrong figures in then you will get the wrong answer and if you do the problem wrong you will get the wrong answer.  Of course multiple errors can negate one another or they can make everything a complete mess.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ April 27 2009,17:14)
    Nick……..God does nothing that is not logical we know everything he does makes since, granted we might not know all of what he does, But he does (REVEAL) things to us and advances our understanding and some have more then others as GOD see Fit , but we all can glean from each other and grow also as GOD give Growth to us all. Its kinda of interesting that the bible begins with Genesis and ends with Revelations, maybe we mature that way also. I do agree that the logic we use should agree with  scriptures. But i also think GOD has to open our understanding of them. IMO

peace and love to you and yours…………………gene

G,
    What is revealed by the Spirit of God echoes the scriptures.
    Do not add to those words.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

NIck…….Good advice , “but with all your getting get,  UNDERSTANDING” Found out where that is at and try to apply it in your thinking. Anyone can Parrot what they don't understand. Nick you use the word written, I use the Spirit (intellect) GIVEN OK.

peace and love to you and yours…………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    But your added understandings are from your intellect.
    You glory when you think you see reflections of your thoughts in scripture.

That is the wrong way around.

Let scripture rebuild your understandings in truth.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….And Let the SPIRIT (INTELLECT) OF GOD Guide your mind and you might begin to (UNDERSTAND) what is WRITTEN> Give it a try, you might be surprising what you can learn from scripture being guided by the SPIRIT, Without which you can only PARROT SCRIPTURE and that is ALL but never able to come to an understanding much less to explain it.

peace and love…………………gene

kerwin
    Participant

God is logical as he is not a God of contradictions. God is love in that he loves us and desires us to love as he loves. The true gospel is consistent with his love but we do not always know the reasons behind God's actions as some are hidden from us. God commands us to love ourselves and others and he provided a way to do this through his Son Jesus whom he anointed as King over everything in heaven and on earth. Jesus' teachings otherwise known as the gospel are that way.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin……….Lets not leave out we are to LOVE THE LORD OUR GOD (FIRST) AND TO LOVE OUR NEIGHBOR AS OURSELF NEXT. UPON THESE TWO HINGE ALL THE LAW AND THE PROPHETS. According to Jesus.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ May 25 2009,08:23)
    Kerwin……….Lets not leave out we are to LOVE THE LORD OUR GOD (FIRST) AND TO LOVE OUR NEIGHBOR AS OURSELF NEXT. UPON THESE TWO HINGE ALL THE LAW AND THE PROPHETS. According to Jesus.

I included that with the words “desires us to love as he loves”. Thank you for the advice.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ May 25 2009,08:06)
    Nick……….And Let the SPIRIT (INTELLECT) OF GOD Guide your mind and you might begin to (UNDERSTAND) what is WRITTEN> Give it a try, you might be surprising what you can learn from scripture being guided by the SPIRIT, Without which you can only PARROT SCRIPTURE and that is ALL but never able to come to an understanding much less to explain it.  

G,
    Your so called explanations are based on your thoughts and not what is written.

We do not need your taoism or gnosticism.

What is written is good.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………….if my explanations are wrong then please prove them wrong , don't just mouth of about them, as if you know they are but are unable to show them wrong. That is just your PRIDE talking, and because you lack understanding of them doesn't mean everyone else doesn't understand them also. IMO

peace and love………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Show what you believe from scripture.
    Do not use scripture just to support your thoughts

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….And you should not quote or us scripture you cannot explain of understand either, as you do. If you can make sense out of what you read then why even parrot it. IMO

peace and love……………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi RM,
    Trust in logic has led to apostasy for many.
    My word is truth[Jn17]

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 13 2010,11:22)
    Hi RM,
    Trust in logic has led to apostasy for many.
    My word is truth[Jn17]

Nick,

Logic is equivilent to math.  If you put garbage in then you get garbage out but if you put the truth in you get the truth out as long as you have valid equations.

A valid equation is that 1 + 1 = 2.

An invalid equation is that 1 + 2 = 2

In the secound case math in general should not be condemned but rather the invalid nature of the math.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    ” My thoughts are greater than your thoughts”

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 13 2010,16:38)
    Hi KW,
    ” My thoughts are greater than your thoughts”

Your current thoughts are based on fault finding based on ignorance and not on the spirit of God. That is clear if you follow my reasoning.

You, yourself are guilty of using logic to explain your position on scripture and to reach conclusions based on scripture. It is pretty much a must for one who thinks.

The question then is not if you use logic but whether or not the logic you use is valid and whether the data you put into it is true.

You apply those tests whether you realize it or not. The answers you get when doing so result in your understandings.

If the data you put into a logical formula is from God and the logical formula is valid then the conclusion of that formula is also true.

The exception is if you have insufficent data then it is wrong to make a firm conclusion or perhaps any at all.

God gave us intellect and he expects us to use it in our pursuit of him.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    You see your thoughts as equal to God's?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 13 2010,17:01)
    Hi KW,
    You see your thoughts as equal to God's?

I have no idea how you reached that conclusion but if God's thoughts are the ones running through my mind then my thoughts are equal to God's as they are God's even if I used logical reason to arrive at them.

God does exist and interacts with mankind.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Wow!
    ..walk humbly with your God..”

Viewing 20 posts - 381 through 400 (of 800 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account