Law

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 262 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    His children do not teach their own thoughts as truth.

kerwin
    Participant

Gene wrote:

Kerwin, (FEAR) has nothing to do with it, LOVE DOES, no one is made perfect in fear, for fear has torment,

I have read many things but what cares is what love really is and obedience to God is what he calls love.  Part of love is understanding what the cost of lacking it is.  You are in denial of these costs.   I assure you God knows these costs and that is why he is angered and sorrowed by unrepentant hearts.

Romans 2:5(KJV) reads:

But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………So why do you then?, If you are referring to me then post them so we can sort them out.  What i quoted is Scripture do you need me to post them giving you chapter and verses Nick, in order for you to believe them, I will if you like.  

gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin……..Justifying (fearful) behavior has nothing to do with LOVE what so ever. If you care to look up FEAR as regards to GOD in A Concordance you will find it means Respect and reverence, If fear of GOD would work then why didn't if work on these Israelites they certainly had fear in them. HERE IS SOMETHING YOU AND NICK, NEED TO THING ABOUT, “FOR (NOTHING) IS PERFECT IN FEAR” There you go, that alone should help you, not to mention all the rest i quoted, which i see you and Nick both ignored. Nick trying to make it seem as if i was saying it, and you completely ignoring them altogether. IMO

gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    The fear of God is of grace.
    Those who fear God do not preach their own ideas as truth

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The Law of the Spirit teaches us to be like Christ and like his Father God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The law of the Spirit teaches us to seek grace to enable these changes.
    2Peter1

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Oct. 19 2009,06:57)
    Gene wrote:

Kerwin, (FEAR) has nothing to do with it, LOVE DOES, no one is made perfect in fear, for fear has torment,

I have read many things but what cares is what love really is and obedience to God is what he calls love.  Part of love is understanding what the cost of lacking it is.  You are in denial of these costs.   I assure you God knows these costs and that is why he is angered and sorrowed by unrepentant hearts.

Romans 2:5(KJV) reads:

But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;

Kerwin….. Show us where GOD says OBEDIENCE is what LOVE is if that were the case then GOD would not have to create our hearts different , because we can attain it on our own by the operation of fear according to you. Interesting GOD said He looked for (ONE) righteous MAN and could find (NONE), does this exclude you and NICK. Fear did not work on those Israelites, but it works on you two, Great Show us, how your (FEAR) caused you to LOVE your Neighbor and GOD in your HEART then. Explain it to US when Scripture shows quite the opposite. It says we love GOD because HE (FIRST) loved US. But you two fear GOD because He loved you right? Again the fearful and unbeliving will have their part in the lake of fire< maybe you both, need to deal with those scriptures first before you start preaching fear religions. If you need i can post the exact scriptures for you both. Lest you accuse me of my own "truth".

I once feared and trimbled as you two do, but once I relizeed that by accepting Jesus Christ sacrifice for my sin and was baptized and then recieved the HOLY SPIRIT , MY fears were relieved. I did not recieve a SPIRIT of FEAR, But of LOVE and power and of a sound MIND. YOU seem to not have gotten to that point yet. serening you are still operating out of FEAR , instead of LOVE, and believe me they are (NOT) the SAME no matter how hard you try to make them be. Read the scriptures and learn to believe them, the are clear on this subject. IMO

gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Did you receive an intellect?
    Respect for our God precludes preaching falsehoods in His name.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 19 2009,06:45)
    G,
    His children do not teach their own thoughts as truth.

NIck…….God's Children express his thoughts as given by HIS SPIRIT (INTELLECTS) For the Spirit search the deep things of GOD. If GOD gives them to me, then they become my thoughts also. I express them through WORDS as JESUS did also. If you find them different then post them instead of making false accusations all the time.

gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………..And if you think GOD'S Spirit is not words expressing GOD intellect, then you know very little about his words or Spirit. JESUS SAID THE WORD I AM TELLING YOU (ARE) SPIRIT AND LIFE FOR THE HUNDREDTH TIME. When will you ever get it? Or did i make that up also NICK. Believe what Jesus said is all you have to do.

YOU and Kerwin have successfully changed subject matter here, we were talking about the LAW right? IMO

gene

kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

I do not have enough time to answer everything you bring up. I want to point out that a mother who disciplines her child for running out in the road acts out of fear that is part of her love.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin……..So whats that got to do with Us fearing GOD or loving HIM. Does the Child fear His mother who disciplines him or love Her, weird Justification for us to fear GOD. Well each his own, you serve out of (FEAR) I seek to please GOD out of My Love and respect for a loving FATHER who only wants for my GOOD.  David said it best “they rod and thy staff does comfort me”.  He disciplines me because he LOVES me and i LOVE it that WAY.

gene

kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

Let us say that the mother question is also a smoker and when than child she acts once more out of fear born of love for that child's safety and commands the child not to smoke.  Though she shows love for the child she does not show love for herself because she does not fear the cost of smoking.

Once more fear is a aspect of love and the lack fear shows a lack of love.

In these cases the mother is teaching her child to fear the results of running out in the road without looking as well as the results of smoking.  If the child learns those lessons then the child is also learning to love herself.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin………I don't see that as FEAR, i see it as LOVE and concern for her child's Health. I think your understanding of the word Fear is really concern or respect, not the English meaning of FEAR. Tell me this if you were to have a choice of two Surgeons that was going to operate on you, One who was so fearful and unsure that He would shake while operating , the other who was steady and know exactly what he was doing, who would you choose to operate the fearful one or the Sound steady one? “For you have (NOT) recieved the SPIRIT of (FEAR), but of LOVE and POWER and of a (SOUND) MIND”. IMO

gene

kerwin
    Participant

Gene wrote:

Kerwin………I don't see that as FEAR, i see it as LOVE and concern for her child's Health. I think your understanding of the word Fear is really concern or respect, not the English meaning of FEAR.

The English word “fear” has several definition of which concern is certainty one.  I am not sure if “concern” adequately describes how a parent feels when her child engages in activities that are extremely dangerous.   Sometimes it can be better described as  “panicked“.  

Now lets look at it from the child’s point of view who now realizes her mother in acting in her best interest.   When the mother tells the child not to do something then the child knows disobedience is harmful to herself and thus acts out of concern(fear) for her own welfare that is part of her fear of her mother.  That fear can also be described as  reverential awe though it is merely an aspect of it.

Quote (SEEKING @ Feb. 21 2009,16:36)

Quote (Gene @ Feb. 21 2009,12:58)
    Nick………Starting with the personal attacks again, right, exactly (WHERE) did i say say we (ARE) Robots. If you have a better explanation of LAW please give it them , but can you shed the conbdensending remarks, i realize it in your Spirit but perhaps asking God for Help may Help you, brother. IMO

peace……………………………gene

Gene,

Any time Nick intervenes in a thread you know where it is headed –  off subject and into the things you describe.  That's Nick.  Near as I can tell always has been!

Back to “The law vs. vs. law.”  For justification and righteousness, no law – ten commandments, civil, etc. will get the job done.

Rom 3:20  For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin.
    Rom 3:21  But now the righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the law, although the Law and the Prophets bear witness to it–
    Rom 3:22  the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction:
    Rom 3:23  for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
    Rom 3:24  and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,

There are many other passages that say the same thing.  A question I have always had was, “why does a 'saved' 'coveed by the blood of Jesus' 'professor that Jesus is Lord' desire to
    insist they are not under law?  Is there some ethical principal they are bent on violating?  Perhaps stealing, robbery, adultery!  

Many have said again and again, Gal 5:18  But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.  So then, led by the Spirit, what law will you violate?  None!!

Here is freedom an victory in Jesus –

Rom 8:1  There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
    Rom 8:2  For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death.
    Rom 8:3  For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do. By sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh,
    Rom 8:4  in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

Col 2:13  And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses,
    Col 2:14  by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross.

Gal 5:24  And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
    Gal 5:25  If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit.
    Gal 5:26  Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.

So then, “Law/The Law”, no matter – we stand justified by faith, declared righteous, walking by the Spirit.  And the righteous requirements of the law are met in us.  Why wouldn't they be!

(As an aside, see what leads into provoking one another,
    conceit! Gal. 5:26)

Blessings,

Seeking

Hi seeking!

Amen!

The problem with the Pharasees and Saducees was trying to bring men under their “laws” when they were not keeping them either. Hypocrites! Jesus hated their actions and had many things to say against them.

Modern day Pharisees are no different, this is why I believe they are Sad-U-see!

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    The sadducees were deceived about some things and so are you about God.
    Your intellectual analyses of WHAT God is stops you knowing WHO he is and deprives you of HIS love.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 19 2009,17:02)
    Hi WJ,
    The sadducees were deceived about some things and so are you about God.
    Your intellectual analyses of WHAT God is stops you knowing WHO he is and deprives you of HIS love.

NH

Why do you lie against the truth!

God loves everyman!

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    That is why He sent His son so that whosoever believes in him will not remain under His wrath.
    Are these lies to you who would make the Son his own God?

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 262 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account