Jw's and islam

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 166 total)
  • Author
    bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 11 2011,08:16)

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 10 2011,08:41)
    Well, this is my point they cannot come to such a conclusion about the existence of God they can only come to a point about the existence of their “understanding of God” This is the crux of the whole matter.

I have come to a provisional conclusion about the existence of your god.  Based on the fact that you cannot provide me with a single shred of unambiguous evidence for it, and not just you but any believer, I conclude it does not exist.  I am not concluding that the god idea or the “understanding of god” does not exist because obviously it does, but it is make-believe concerning an imaginary friend.

Let's say you could convince me that Islam was a false religion and that I have it all wrong, how would that in anyway impact reality? It would only impact my understanding of reality, convincing me I can fly doesn't mean I won't fall dead if I jump from a high place so misunderstanding does not negate actuality, not understanding calculous doesn't somehow make it not work and my experience is “God Works”.

It might make your life more rewarding for you not to be believing things that almost certainly aren’t true.  You might appreciate the universe and your place in it more profoundly without a mythology obscuring it.

That's rather hard to state plainly about anybody believing in anything because that is determined according to their knowledge the best Muslim or Christian or Atheist for that matter is one that is not a Hypocrite.  

What is the relationship between knowledge and hypocrisy?  If you don’t know anything about the religion you profess then you have the least chance of behaving in a hypocritical manner.

Stuart

The whole of Creation is unambiguous Evidence, now take a deep breath…did you see it?

Stu
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 11 2011,14:50)

Well, this is my point they cannot come to such a conclusion about the existence of God they can only come to a point about the existence of their “understanding of God” This is the crux of the whole matter.

I have come to a provisional conclusion about the existence of your god.  Based on the fact that you cannot provide me with a single shred of unambiguous evidence for it, and not just you but any believer, I conclude it does not exist.  I am not concluding that the god idea or the “understanding of god” does not exist because obviously it does, but it is make-believe concerning an imaginary friend.

Let's say you could convince me that Islam was a false religion and that I have it all wrong, how would that in anyway impact reality? It would only impact my understanding of reality, convincing me I can fly doesn't mean I won't fall dead if I jump from a high place so misunderstanding does not negate actuality, not understanding calculous doesn't somehow make it not work and my experience is “God Works”.

It might make your life more rewarding for you not to be believing things that almost certainly aren’t true.  You might appreciate the universe and your place in it more profoundly without a mythology obscuring it.

That's rather hard to state plainly about anybody believing in anything because that is determined according to their knowledge the best Muslim or Christian or Atheist for that matter is one that is not a Hypocrite.  

What is the relationship between knowledge and hypocrisy?  If you don’t know anything about the religion you profess then you have the least chance of behaving in a hypocritical manner.

Stuart

The whole of Creation is unambiguous Evidence, now take a deep breath…did you see it?

Not unambiguous. Those who believe the whole universe is the work of Chaos and Eros would condemn you for your heresy.

Stuart

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 11 2011,15:44)

Stuart

Not unambiguous.  Those who believe the whole universe is the work of Chaos and Eros would condemn you for your heresy.

Stuart

Even if it was the work of chaos and eros it would still be unambiguous evidence of it's creation, right?

Stu
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 12 2011,08:31)

Stuart

Not unambiguous.  Those who believe the whole universe is the work of Chaos and Eros would condemn you for your heresy.

Stuart

Even if it was the work of chaos and eros it would still be unambiguous evidence of it's creation, right?

Let me quote myself:

I have come to a provisional conclusion about the existence of your god. Based on the fact that you cannot provide me with a single shred of unambiguous evidence for it, and not just you but any believer, I conclude it does not exist.

So, where is the unambiguous evidence for the existence of your god?

Stuart

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 12 2011,15:09)

Stuart

Stuart

Let me quote myself:

I have come to a provisional conclusion about the existence of your god.  Based on the fact that you cannot provide me with a single shred of unambiguous evidence for it, and not just you but any believer, I conclude it does not exist.

Stuart

I just gave you unambiguous evidence for creation period. Hence the creator of all that is part and parcel of that evidence.

Can anything exist without the capacity to do so? If not then the capacity to exist lies within the source of that capacity i.e. God

You do agree that existence exists, correct?

Also, you keep saying “my God” although I have mentioned several times that there is no distinguishing in reality of God, So My God is your God whether you acknowledge your creator or not.

You cannot show me any other way for a “thing” to come about without a cause for it to be so therefore your position and logic is null of any cohesiveness.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 13 2011,06:04)

Stuart

I just gave you unambiguous evidence for creation period. Hence the creator of all that is part and parcel of that evidence.

Can anything exist without the capacity to do so? If not then the capacity to exist lies within the source of that capacity i.e. God

Also, you keep saying “my God” although I have mentioned several times that there is no distinguishing in reality of God, So My God is your God whether you acknowledge your creator or not.

You cannot show me any other way for a “thing” to come about without a cause for it to be so therefore your position and logic is null of any cohesiveness.

Lame. Firstly I have, many times, given you a detailed explanation of how the universe came about, and the evidence for it, and the concepts behind the parts that are difficult or impossible to test empirically. No gods / creators required in that model.

Secondly, you are just ignoring the word “unambiguous”. If the creation is evidence for a god, and I do not accept that it is, then it is still evidence for all the polytheistic gods, and the Flying Spaghetti Monster (bhna).

Thirdly, if you think it is OK to assume that your god is my god, then I shall just assume that really you are an atheist because I don't have a god.

Fourthly, I can't think of a way of getting the word hypocrisy into this post, but if I had then I would have hit all the buttons that your book of mythology says should set you right off. And that is actually what this is all about, isn't it. You cannot accept the beliefs of polytheists or atheists and the word hypocrite is like a red rag to a bull for you.

I am interested in what actually happened, whatever it was. I don't think you can be.

Anyway, now perhaps you can make good on your claim.

Where is the unambiguous evidence for the existence of your god?

Stuart

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 13 2011,07:42)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 13 2011,06:04)

Stuart

Lame.  Firstly I have, many times, given you a detailed explanation of how the universe came about, and the evidence for it, and the concepts behind the parts that are difficult or impossible to test empirically.  No gods / creators required in that model.

Secondly, you are just ignoring the word “unambiguous”.  If the creation is evidence for a god, and I do not accept that it is, then it is still evidence for all the polytheistic gods, and the Flying Spaghetti Monster (bhna).  

Thirdly, if you think it is OK to assume that your god is my god, then I shall just assume that really you are an atheist because I don't have a god.

Fourthly, I can't think of a way of getting the word hypocrisy into this post, but if I had then I would have hit all the buttons that your book of mythology says should set you right off.  And that is actually what this is all about, isn't it.  You cannot accept the beliefs of polytheists or atheists and the word hypocrite is like a red rag to a bull for you.

I am interested in what actually happened, whatever it was.  I don't think you can be.

Stuart

The evidence is everything around you, I realize you are like a fish in water asking “what ocean?” but the fact is reality itself is emperical evidence of creation itself.

Even if you look at the creations/inventions of men it further backs up and points out that these things don't just “occur” they are created.

You have never explained to me the cause of Mass and neither has anyone else so please for the sake of clarity let's acknowledge that. The only thing you can say about matter is that it “Is” and I have just stated that whatever “IS” is what it is because it was created from the CAPACITY to become what it is, therefor I have shown that all that exists stems from its inherent capacity to exist.

God is this source of that Capacity if you prefer not to say “God” it would not lessen the truth. Plus God as THE SUPREME BEING by that definition alone has the Primary capacity to cause capacities and inherencies throughout existence.

Do you deny Biogenics?

Stu
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 13 2011,08:00)
    Lame.  Firstly I have, many times, given you a detailed explanation of how the universe came about, and the evidence for it, and the concepts behind the parts that are difficult or impossible to test empirically.  No gods / creators required in that model.

Secondly, you are just ignoring the word “unambiguous”.  If the creation is evidence for a god, and I do not accept that it is, then it is still evidence for all the polytheistic gods, and the Flying Spaghetti Monster (bhna).  

Fourthly, I can't think of a way of getting the word hypocrisy into this post, but if I had then I would have hit all the buttons that your book of mythology says should set you right off.  And that is actually what this is all about, isn't it.  You cannot accept the beliefs of polytheists or atheists and the word hypocrite is like a red rag to a bull for you.

I am interested in what actually happened, whatever it was.  I don't think you can be.

Stuart[/quote]
    The evidence is everything around you, I realize you are like a fish in water asking “what ocean?” but the fact is reality itself is emperical evidence of creation itself.

Even if you look at the creations/inventions of men it further backs up and points out that these things don't just “occur” they are created.

You have never explained to me the cause of Mass and neither has anyone else so please for the sake of clarity let's acknowledge that. The only thing you can say about matter is that it “Is” and I have just stated that whatever “IS” is what it is because it was created from the CAPACITY to become what it is, therefor I have shown that all that exists stems from its inherent capacity to exist.

God is this source of that Capacity if you prefer not to say “God” it would not lessen the truth. Plus God as THE SUPREME BEING by that definition alone has the Primary capacity to cause capacities and inherencies throughout existence.

Do you deny Biogenics?

Your assertion that things can't “just occur” is the argument from personal incredulity: you cannot see or believe how it could have happened and therefore it didn't.

Mass comes from the energy borrowed from the expansion of space-time. I have no idea what you mean by it's “inherent capacity to exist”. Sounds like philosophical nonsense to me.

Your evidence-free assertion that there is a god is now being capitalised for emphasis, I assume, however you have not given any unambiguous evidence for your god. There is no need for a creator to explain the universe, and even if you assert one as you do, there is nothing to say it is the one you worship that did the creating. Your evidence will have to demonstrate both existence and uniqueness. You have achieved neither.

Stuart

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 13 2011,16:37)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 13 2011,08:00)

Stuart

Do you deny Biogenics?[/quote]
    Your assertion that things can't “just occur” is the argument from personal incredulity: you cannot see or believe how it could have happened and therefore it didn't.

Mass comes from the energy borrowed from the expansion of space-time.  I have no idea what you mean by it's “inherent capacity to exist”.  Sounds like philosophical nonsense to me.

Your evidence-free assertion that there is a god is now being capitalised for emphasis, I assume, however you have not given any unambiguous evidence for your god.  There is no need for a creator to explain the universe, and even if you assert one as you do, there is nothing to say it is the one you worship that did the creating.  Your evidence will have to demonstrate both existence and uniqueness.  You have achieved neither.

Stuart

You seem to continue to miss the point because you keep making statements that indicate there being “gods” to choose from which is not my argument so until you understand my argument your argument against whatever I am saying is a null argument.

It is more logical to observe what happens in the life we live and see that the living beings that we know of on earth “Create” all sorts of things(including you creating arguments) from this simple observation believing in a creator is much more rational. Even sex and reproduction comes from DESIRE and that desire has an INTENT.

Living organisms are a unique component and they exist small and large with the common qualities of Metabolism, Waste management and reproduction. It is also therefore logical that these living things are exacted from a single common LIVING source that had DESIRE and INTENT.

You just said Mass “comes from” do you mean “created by”?

It was created from the CAPACITY to become what it is, therefor I have shown you that all that exists stems from its inherent capacity to exist.

Do you claim not to know what “inherent capacity” means?

Ed J
    Participant

Stuart

Stuart

Hi BD,

And let there be life(151) Creation of Life(117)

God's Signature

יהוה=26 (God's Name: YHVH pronounced YÄ-hä-vā)
    YHVH=63 (God's Name יהוה translated into English)
    Jesus=74 (God's Son's name in English is: “Joshua”)
    HolySpirit=151 (“FATHER: The Word”: in all believers)
    God The Father=117 (Representing “GOD”: יהוה האלהים)

YHVH bless
    Ed J

Stu
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 14 2011,02:55)
    You seem to continue to miss the point because you keep making statements that indicate there being “gods” to choose from which is not my argument so until you understand my argument your argument against whatever I am saying is a null argument.

It is more logical to observe what happens in  the life we live and see that the living beings that we know of on earth “Create” all sorts of things(including you creating arguments) from this simple observation believing in a creator is much more rational. Even sex and reproduction comes from DESIRE and that desire has an INTENT.

Living organisms are a unique component and they exist small and large with the common qualities of Metabolism, Waste management and reproduction. It is also therefore logical that these living things are exacted from a single common LIVING source that had DESIRE and INTENT.

It was created from the CAPACITY to become what it is, therefor I have shown you that all that exists stems from its inherent capacity to exist.

If you don't have unambiguous evidence for the existence of your god, all you have to do is say.

Stuart

Ed J
    Participant

Stuart

Stuart

Let me quote myself:

I have come to a provisional conclusion about the existence of your god.  Based on the fact that you cannot provide me with a single shred of unambiguous evidence for it, and not just you but any believer, I conclude it does not exist.

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

I have provided you with plenty of evidence for the “Proof of God”(117),
    but you (being the 'atheist' you are) label the evidence as ambiguous.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

princess
    Participant

dear Stuart,

hypothetically,
    for one to show you evidence, you being the man of science, would you not dissect the evidence, and being so bold to say, your beliefs would lead you to disprove then to prove, would it not.

to be proved wrong does not seem to be in your nature.

just a thought Stuart.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (princess @ Jan. 14 2011,21:35)
    dear Stuart,

hypothetically,
    for one to show you evidence, you being the man of science, would you not dissect the evidence, and being so bold to say, your beliefs would lead you to disprove then to prove, would it not.

just a thought Stuart.

BD said he had evidence. Maybe we should see the evidence and the claim it supports before we go barging in to try and disprove anything. I would love to be proved wrong, delighted in fact, however it's not looking likely at this point.

Stuart

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 14 2011,17:50)

It is more logical to observe what happens in  the life we live and see that the living beings that we know of on earth “Create” all sorts of things(including you creating arguments) from this simple observation believing in a creator is much more rational. Even sex and reproduction comes from DESIRE and that desire has an INTENT.

If you don't have unambiguous evidence for the existence of your god, all you have to do is say.

Stuart

STU

I have already explained it all to you before but you leave most questions I ask you without answers: For instance did “Desire” evolve or did God make the command to be fruitful and multiply?

How could desire evolve? No species would have the chance to survive without the desire to breed, have you ever seen an animal in heat? This is serious stuff it could not have evolved so how do you account for such things?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 15 2011,07:23)

dear Stuart,

hypothetically,

just a thought Stuart.

BD said he had evidence. Maybe we should see the evidence and the claim it supports before we go barging in to try and disprove anything.  I would love to be proved wrong, delighted in fact, however it's not looking likely at this point.

Stuart

But you have been proved wrong again and again. So once again did “Sexual Desire” evolve? Yes or no?

Stu
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 15 2011,07:41)

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 14 2011,17:50)

Stuart

STU

I have already explained it all to you before but you leave most questions I ask you without answers: For instance did “Desire” evolve or did God make the command to be fruitful and multiply?

How could desire evolve? No species would have the chance to survive without the desire to breed, have you ever seen an animal in heat? This is serious stuff it could not have evolved so how do you account for such things?

Apart from demonstrating your abysmal biological ignorance, and using the argument from personal incredulity yet again, you now appear to have given up on your claim that you have unambiguous evidence for your god.

A simple “actually I acknowledge that I don't have unambiguous evidence for my god” would have sufficed.

But then what you are doing is what we expect from you, on whatever forum you post across the internet.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 15 2011,07:45)

dear Stuart,

hypothetically,

just a thought Stuart.

BD said he had evidence. Maybe we should see the evidence and the claim it supports before we go barging in to try and disprove anything.  I would love to be proved wrong, delighted in fact, however it's not looking likely at this point.

Stuart

But you have been proved wrong again and again. So once again did “Sexual Desire” evolve? Yes or no?

Yes, it is about the most obviously easy adaptation to explain.

Stuart

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 15 2011,21:24)

dear Stuart,

hypothetically,

just a thought Stuart.

Stuart

Stuart

If desire evolved how could it have evolved and what would the reason be?

You are actually attempting to say there was a point in time when animals did not get in heat and still mated?

Explain the science please

Stu
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 16 2011,07:58)

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 15 2011,21:24)

dear Stuart,

hypothetically,

just a thought Stuart.

Stuart

Stuart

If desire evolved how could it have evolved and what would the reason be?

You are actually attempting to say there was a point in time when animals did not get in heat and still mated?

Explain the science please

The reason? Seriously you can't work out even THAT adaptation in terms of natural selection?

Although every adaptation exists within a range of variation, no, there never was a time when an animal that has sexual desire today did not have it in the past. How could there have been?

Stuart

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 166 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account