Jw's and islam

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 161 through 166 (of 166 total)
  • Author
    princess
    Participant

your mind at times Stuart.
    my mind was towards bats, owls.
    you have been watching too much modern television.
    see how easy your mind is wired by such nonsense.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (princess @ Feb. 08 2011,17:04)
    your mind at times Stuart.
    my mind was towards bats, owls.
    you have been watching too much modern television.
    see how easy your mind is wired by such nonsense.

Indeed! How have I managed to avoid having my mind hijacked by god belief?

Stuart

princess
    Participant

tis beyond me Stuart, that your mind can be hijacked by urban legends, stephen hawkings, the big bang ect. ect.

however it is your own.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (princess @ Feb. 09 2011,00:52)
    tis beyond me Stuart, that your mind can be hijacked by urban legends, stephen hawkings, the big bang ect. ect.

however it is your own.

Well now, is it hijacking? If you had a goal in science, say to achieve celebrity status, or win important prizes or something equally shallow, or actually to just have what Richard Feynman called “The pleasure of finding out”, then the first point of call is to discover that which has not been observed, or to disprove something that was wrong.

Funny kind of hijacking that causes you to try and be creative and original in your thinking, don't you think? Not like the religious kind of hijacking that requires submission to one dogma or another, or the claim of personal “relationships” with Imaginary Friends. No one should award that a prize, expect any pleasure in it or even take it as reason to assign celebrity status.

Stuart

princess
    Participant

well now, the pleasure in finding out, it is well and fine that one that sets a goal to acheive such may be in accordance with science, however for one to to atttain the pleasure in finding out spiritually is null and void, tis double minded thinking Stuart.

i do not disagree with the concept you present in submission to one dogma, i personally find that to limit ones growth.

so, anyone that has died in your science field, is this persons thoughts or ideas now become imaginary? that at one time they were alive and when they die their works become dead also.

most believe in a higher entity Stuart, how one chooses to acheive this pleasure in finding out is their own path, alas ones that think this path is wrong will not support this, they feel they must destroy this or tell the individual they are wrong.

i tend to wonder Stuart, where your limits are drawn. children being sacrificed, women being killed, men being disrobed and shamed. how easy it must be for you when one is taken for their belief thrown out to the street and killed, what do you say to them in the last of thier life, 'where is your imaginary friend now'.

do not mock ones that believe, for it is their own also. you are given this, why would you want to take it from others.

well Stuart, much to do today. the boy is feeling better and being his nurse for the last two days has set me behind in schedule.

do take care of yourself Stuart, give your cat a kiss for me, and may your family be found well and blessed.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (princess @ Feb. 09 2011,22:33)
    well now, the pleasure in finding out, it is well and fine that one that sets a goal to acheive such may be in accordance with science, however for one to to atttain the pleasure in finding out spiritually is null and void, tis double minded thinking Stuart.

i do not disagree with the concept you present in submission to one dogma, i personally find that to limit ones growth.

so, anyone that has died in your science field, is this persons thoughts or ideas now become imaginary? that at one time they were alive and when they die their works become dead also.

most believe in a higher entity Stuart, how one chooses to acheive this pleasure in finding out is their own path, alas ones that think this path is wrong will not support this, they feel they must destroy this or tell the individual they are wrong.

i tend to wonder Stuart, where your limits are drawn. children being sacrificed, women being killed, men being disrobed and shamed. how easy it must be for you when one is taken for their belief thrown out to the street and killed, what do you say to them in the last of thier life, 'where is your imaginary friend now'.

do not mock ones that believe, for it is their own also. you are given this, why would you want to take it from others.

well Stuart, much to do today. the boy is feeling better and being his nurse for the last two days has set me behind in schedule.

do take care of yourself Stuart, give your cat a kiss for me, and may your family be found well and blessed.

Thank you for your good wishes, which I return to you also.

I don't deny spirituality: I rather think there is much that is spiritual about finding out what is really going on rather than settling for a human fairy story.

There is a point of view in science that a wrong idea only lasts as long as the person propounding it is still alive. But then history tends to lend more relevance to the right ideas which remain after the discoverer has gone.

Most believing in a higher entity means nothing. The whole world could agree on exactly the same god concept as a sincere belief and it would make the actual existence of it no more likely.

I do not mock the believer, I mock the silly ideas some believers have. I expect the same if I hold an idea that is obviously wrong or an assertion of things I could not possibly know about. I do not feel responsible for what the believer has done in taking the silly ideas and making them into his or her identity. Religions and ideologies that seek to infiltrate the person's identity are insidious. The signs of them are that people take discussion of their absurd ideas personally.

Stuart

Viewing 6 posts - 161 through 166 (of 166 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account