Justaskin vrs worshippingjesus

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 441 through 460 (of 468 total)
  • Author
    Lightenup
    Participant

True Keith! Remember to continue to pray for Irene :)

Kathi

Quote (Lightenup @ June 01 2011,14:47)
    True Keith!  Remember to continue to pray for Irene :)

Kathi

Amen!

Keith

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ June 01 2011,22:05)
    Did it ever occur to you that the fact that the Son is 'of' God as well as the Holy Spirit is 'of God,' that may be part of what makes God Almighty.  If the Son and Holy Spirit were not 'of' God, then God might not be the 'Almighty' God.  El Shaddai, God Almighty, may very well be the name of the Godhead.

Also, the person talking to Abraham, face to face, was called YHVH, so we know that YHVH is not only the Father since the Father has not been seen by man, or heard by man.

Lu,
    wow good point about the face to face premise.
    im going to steal that! :D

Lightenup
    Participant

Hey Dennison…thanks, you may have it freely :)

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Lu,
    um no, dont belittle my statements i clearly states that im stealing that point! !!!!!!!

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ June 02 2011,07:04)

Did it ever occur to you that the fact that the Son is 'of' God as well as the Holy Spirit is 'of God,' that may be part of what makes God Almighty.  If the Son and Holy Spirit were not 'of' God, then God might not be the 'Almighty' God.  El Shaddai, God Almighty, may very well be the name of the Godhead.

Also, the person talking to Abraham, face to face, was called YHVH, so we know that YHVH is not only the Father since the Father has not been seen by man, or heard by man.

Lu,
    im going to steal that!  :D

It was God speaking through an angel.
    This is confirmed in the original account in the OT and the NT.

Yes it was YHWH speaking through a messenger. Look at Revelation 1:1 to see how this works. That is always how he communicates because he is an eternal spirit and invisible.

As if the eternal God was wholly contained in a body and appeared to Moses. Come on.

Istari
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ June 02 2011,05:40)
    Istari,

Kathi, Keith,
    Who is the FATHER OF GOD?

God the Father has no father.
    God as the Son, has for His Father, the heavenly Father, He is the one that beget Him.
    These things are elementary, Istari.

Kathi,
    This is sheer nonsense – why do you make this stuff up – are you just having a laugh?

The Son of God is Jesus
    The Spirit of God is The Spirit of Truth (The Holy Spirit)
    The 'Father' of God? Who is this who is the Father of Jesus?
    There are THREE, Kathi? Three…

Who is the third person in GOD?

One Is Jesus (The SON OF GOD)
    Another Is the Holy Spirit (The SPIRIT OF GOD)
    Who is the third (The ?????? OF GOD)

Father of God
    Spirit of God. Son of God

See Kathi, it doesn't work!!!

'Of God' … Doesn't work for the Father of Jesus – who is the Father of Jesus?

God Almighty – is the Father of Jesus.

I notice you only pick two parts out of what I wrote – and WJ defers his answer to nothing… Wonder why – hardly need guess!!

Yes, silence speaks volumes – the one who answers probably doesn't realise the poor move they made!!!

I said WJ was clever… (But not very clever!!)

Istari
    Participant

Jesus is the Son of God
    Jesus is the Son of the Father
    Who, therefore, is the Father?

Jesus is the
    Son of
    |
    _
    / \
    GOD<—->THE FATHER —of the—HOLY SPIRIT
    \_/

What Son is He? Elementary my dear, What Son?

Lightenup
    Participant

Istari,
    What I said was simple and very common within the early church writers.
    God-the Father beget God-the Son.
    No one beget God-the Father, thus, God-the Father has no Father.

Also, I don't believe in 'three persons' but I do believe in two persons and their Holy Spirit.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ June 01 2011,18:07)

Lu,

Yes it was YHWH speaking through a messenger. Look at Revelation 1:1 to see how this works. That is always how he communicates because he is an eternal spirit and invisible.

As if the eternal God was wholly contained in a body and appeared to Moses. Come on.

t8,
    You won't find that understanding in most of the early church father's writings. They speak of Him as the pre-incarnate Son.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ June 01 2011,15:57)
    Lu,
    um no, dont belittle my statements i clearly states that im stealing that point! !!!!!!!

Oh Dennison-son,
    Now don't go ridin' on that long black train…that is where stealing will get you. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyRZTAmcW7c

Quote (Lightenup @ June 02 2011,00:46)

Quote (t8 @ June 01 2011,18:07)

Lu,

t8,
    You won't find that understanding in most of the early church father's writings.  They speak of Him as the pre-incarnate Son.

Hi Kathi

Not to mention Jacobs use of the term “Face to Face” is proof he was talking to YHWH and not to an Angel. To deny his words is to call him a liar.

Moses also talked to God face to face as to a man and seen YHWHs backside. Who says God cannot reveal himself in anyway he wishes. He can take on Angelic or human form if he likes.

They live with a contradiction in scriptures. The only explanation of this is Jesus is the visible image of the invisible God.

Blessings Keith

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 01 2011,13:34)

Quote (Istari @ June 01 2011,12:48)
    Oh, WJ, we have been through this – why do you keep bringing up what has already been laid to rest!

'In the NAME OF' means 'In the Authority Of/by the authority of'!

JA

So what is the difference? The point is Jesus assigns the “definite article” “The” to each one of the three.

So the three have “Equal authority” for the three share that singular name.

WJ

Bump for JA

mikeboll64
    Blocked

From Kathi's Syriac thread:

and get you a new mind, that worships the Maker and not the things which are made-a mind in which is portrayed the image of verity and of truth, of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit; believing and being baptized in the triple and glorious names.

Are you SURE it's one name, Keith?

Lightenup
    Participant

Here are two that are YHVH:

Zech 10:12 “And I will strengthen them in the LORD (YHVH),
    And in His name they will walk,” declares the LORD (YHVH).

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 03 2011,22:13)
    From Kathi's Syriac thread:

and get you a new mind, that worships the Maker and not the things which are made-a mind in which is portrayed the image of verity and of truth, of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit; believing and being baptized in the triple and glorious names.

Are you SURE it's one name, Keith?

Ha Ha Mike

No one including Kathi is saying the Syriac should take precedence over the inspired scriptures. :)

WJ

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ June 03 2011,22:34)
    Here are two that are YHVH:

Zech 10:12 “And I will strengthen them in the LORD (YHVH),
            And in His name they will walk,” declares the LORD (YHVH).

Why “TWO”, Kathi?

Matthew 17:9
    As they were coming down the mountain, Jesus instructed them, “Don’t tell anyone what you have seen, until the Son of Man has been raised from the dead.”

Does this imply TWO “Son of Mans”?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 04 2011,10:19)
    No one including Kathi is saying the Syriac should take precedence over the inspired scriptures. :)

I hope you come to MY defense with those same words when I'm pointing out the discrepancies between the words of scripture and the words of these people she's quoting.

Can I count on you to do this?

Istari
    Participant

WJ,

What IS THE NAME of the Holy Spirit?

Istari
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 04 2011,07:08)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 01 2011,13:34)

Quote (Istari @ June 01 2011,12:48)
    Oh, WJ, we have been through this – why do you keep bringing up what has already been laid to rest!

'In the NAME OF' means 'In the Authority Of/by the authority of'!

JA

So what is the difference? The point is Jesus assigns the “definite article” “The” to each one of the three.

So the three have “Equal authority” for the three share that singular name.

WJ

Bump for JA

WJ,
    'What is the point?' – this shows you realise you are wrong else why say that?

What is the NAME of the Father?

Viewing 20 posts - 441 through 460 (of 468 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account