Joseph, Jesus’ father? Crazy people would believe this!

• This topic has 461 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Jodi.
Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 462 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Proclaimer…… the verse you are quoting is a highly contested one,  years ago I studied it in detail, from different scholars, and the most sound one I believe said, it should be read as saying ,  when Jesus was on this earth he had the nature ( form) of God , but did not try to make himself equal with God by robbing God of his Glory. But instead took on the nature of a servant.  

Now ask yourself how could Jesus ever make himself equal with God , seening he said this “the son of man can do “nothing” of himself”.  So in what way could he rob GOD to make himself equal with God,  easy,  by letting us think that he himself was the one doing those miracles God the Father was doing “through” him.  Then he would have been “robbing” God the Father.  the word used there for “nature” can be translated also as “form” of God. 

Here is something that might help.

Remember when Jesus told Mary the if she only believed she would see the Glory of God , when he was about to raise Lazer us from the Grave, no I’f Jesus would have left it at that and proceeded to raise Lazuras, Mary could have easely through that Jesus was God right? Bur what happened right after Jesus made that statement, notice carefully, he said this as if to correct what he said to God the Father, saying that.

John 11:42….. (notice carefully his words)  ” and I knew that you hear me alway: but because of the people which stand by I said “it”, that they may believe that you sent me.  DID YOU GET IT ?,   Jesus was clarifying the Father why he said what he said, why? Because that could have been taken the wrong way by God  as Jesus trying to steel  or robbing Glory from God the Father,  that is why he was clarifying to the Father what he had just said.  

Proclaimer using contested scriptures to drive home point  needs to be supported by other scriptures, IMO.

Peace and love to you and yours. ………gene

Berean
    Participant

Princesse

Anything….

God formed a human body in the womb of Mary without the need for human intervention.

God IS God….

Nord nor male   nor female

Jodi
    Participant

Hi All,

The sex of a baby is determined by its chromosome makeup AT CONCEPTION, and it is the male sperm that determines the sex. At conception if the male sperm provides an X chromosome with the mother’s X chromosome the fertilized egg is a girl XX. If the male sperm provides a Y chromosome the fertilized egg is a boy XY.

An Adam/Human Being (which the coming Messiah was said to be) or an Anthropos/Human Being (Which Jesus was said to be) has 46 chromosomes.

Unless you are the first Adam or you are Eve, you came into existence as a human being through the combination of just two cells that each contain 23 chromosomes, the human female gamete and the human male gamete. A human female egg (gamete) needs to be fertilized by just ONE CELL a human male gamete.

Chromosomes are made up of DNA/GENES

Matthew 1 gives us the GENEALOGY of Jesus starting with Abraham and ending with Joseph. 

This tells us precisely that when the Holy Spirit overshadowed Mary God would have then needed to fertilized Mary’s egg with a specific single cell from Joseph, otherwise Matthew would be a liar. 

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Ed J,

Adam is the name of the first HUMAN is it not? When it is then used of Adam’s offspring it doesn’t represent humans? You want to tell me that when a translator uses the word human instead of “man” they are being liars?

Deut 8:3 that he might make thee know that man (adam) doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live.

Matthew 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man (anthropos)shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

If I say humans shall not live on bread alone but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God that makes me a liar Ed J?

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Ed J,

The original word in Matthew 1:1 is GENESIS which origin is from the word GENEA, which is the word that is also used in Matthew 1:17.

Ed J, here is the list of what different translators have used for the word GENESIS, 

generations” is the fact of creating something, or bringing something into being, production, creation.

“ancestors” is any person from whom one is directly descended. Your uncle or cousins are not considered your ancestor but are collateral relatives.

“genealogy” a line of descent continuously from an ancestor.

family line or family history” people descended from a common ancestor. When you go to the doctor and they ask for your family history they don’t need the medical history of the father who adopted you, that would be pointless.

Take your pick Ed J which translation you PREFER, regardless none of these words EQUATE to adoption, “crazy people would believe this!” 

Fact, Matthew 1 contains a precise GENEA that goes from Abraham to Joseph, he then takes THIS SAME GENEA and greatly condenses the names just giving Abraham to David and David to our Christ.

Who comes just before Christ in this GENEA? JOSEPH DOES!

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Ed J,

YOU:

So you answer is Jesus was speaking collectively in behalf of Israel,
    rather then indicating that God is his birth Father – is that your answer?
    It is nice when we can discuss things, rather than taking turns giving speeches.

ME: No

God calls Israel His son, all the children of Israel were to see themselves individually as a child of God, and they were to establish a personal relationship with their heavenly Father. 

carmel
    Participant

Hi Berean,

IN MARY JESUS WAS ONLY SPIRITUAL.

JESUS WAS EQUIVALENTLY LIKE HE WAS IN HEAVEN.

GOD THE FATHER FURNISHED JESUS’ FLESH BODY, ATTENTION PLEASE,

OUTSIDE OF MARY,

AFTER

JESUS CAME OUT THROUGH MARY AS A RAY: (IN THE SAME WAY, ABEL and ISAAC WERE BORN)

THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD, 

IN THE HOLY GHOST

THE SON OF GOD!

PRE-EXISTED IN FULL GLORY IN HEAVEN, UNKNOWN TO HEAVENLY REALMS!

MANIFESTED ON MOUNT TABOR, 

Confirmed in

John1:30This is he, of whom I said:

After me there cometh a man,

who is preferred before me: (in the very beginning)

because he was before me.

31And I KNEW HIM NOT ( IN HEAVEN)

but that he may be made manifest in Israel,

therefore am I come baptizing with water. 

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

Ed J
    Participant

Edj

God formed a human body to the Son of God in the womb of Mary without the need of human intervention.

Yes, and your point is… ?

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

I have a simple question for you…

When Jesus was twelve years old, he said:
    “I must be about my Father’s business”
    Who is Jesus referring to as his Father?

(ref: Luke 2:49-50)
    And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me?
    wist ye not that I must be about my Father’s business?
    And they understood not the saying which he spake unto them.

1 YeHoVaH
    2 Himself
    3 Joseph
    4 Other

Take your pick

Hi Ed J,

Jesus was speaking of YHVH of course.

Jodi,

Why do you roam all over the place? Please stay on track…

Jesus was saying YeHoVaH was his father then right?

“Yes” or “No” ?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Edj…..So how does that make Jesus any different then we are.  “call no man your father upon the earth , for one is you Father who is in heaven.  So being that God is my Father also, can I also like Jesus say,  “I am the son of God”?,  The exact same as Jesus is,  yes or no please.  

Your preaching of Jesus being a God/man is a false teaching.  Jesus was and is “a 100%  flesh human being”, even If God was his Father, just like we are in “every” way.  

Jodi is exactly right, Jesus’ DNA,  was from the line of Adam to Abraham to Jesse, to   David, to Joeph , to Jesus. EVEN IF God created that DNA , in the womb of Mary, that would change nothing concerning his flesh make up, Jesus could still say, as he did say, ” I am the root and offspring of David”,  you either believe that or not,  obviously IT SEEMS you have chosen, not to believe what Jesus himself said. 

You people never stop tying to make Jesus appear “different then we are”,  true teachers of the “doctrines of Seperation”  

Peace and love to you and yours……….gene

Berean
    Participant

Gêne

You don’t Say the truth about who IS realy Jesus Christ ….

Jesus Come from Heaven…..and was made flesh

The Word made flesh…John 1:14

Jodi
    Participant

Ed J,

Today I would like to first address what you said to Gene, “Have you now joined Jodi in the rant speeches?

I am going to break down for you the last post I gave just prior to you giving the accusation that I give “rant speeches”, with backing up what I said with direct scripture. 

“Jesus of Nazareth gave all credit to God because God’s Spirit was upon him. With that Spirit that came upon the man Jesus he was THEN SENT being able to deliver captives. Without that Spirit he could do nothing of himself. Read and believe in Jesus’s words in Luke 4, as it is God’s word of prophecy made true in the flesh.” 

WORD of Prophecy,

Isaiah 11:1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots: 2 And the Spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him,

Isaiah 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath SENT ME to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; 2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;

MADE true in the flesh,

Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath SENT ME to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

Matthew 18:11 For the Son of man (anthropos/human being) IS COME to save that which was lost. 12 How think ye? if a man (anthropos) have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray? 13 And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray. 14 Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish.

John 5:19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them,Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

“Jesus said in John 8 that he came from heaven being not of this world, you need to stop denying the fact that Jesus ALSO SAID in John 17 that they were not of this world as he was of this world, and that as they were sent he was likewise sent.”

John 8:23 And he said unto them,Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world. 

John 17:16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. 17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth. 18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

“Jesus was anointed with the Spirit without measure and sent, they were anointed with measure and were sent. Where he and they came from was not of this world, he and they came FROM HEAVEN, down directly from God himself to do His good will and pleasure. 

John 3:34 For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him. 

Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me TO PREACH the gospel to the poor; he hath SENT ME to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives..

Phil 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. 13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. 14 Do all things without murmurings and disputings: 15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

2 Corinthians 1:6 And whether we be afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation, which is effectual in the enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer: or whether we be comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation….9 But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raiseth the dead: …12 For our rejoicing is this, the testimony of our conscience, that in simplicity and godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom, but by the grace of God, we have had our conversation in the world, and more abundantly to you-ward…19 For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, who was preached among you by us, even by me and Silvanus and Timotheus, was not yea and nay, but in him was yea. …21 Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God; 22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

John 6:27 Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.

“Jesus tells you WHEN he was sent but you deny him.”

A man of flesh, JESUS said, “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath SENT ME TO…..” 

“God’s word tells you that the savior had not come UNTIL AFTER the baptism John preached. The beginning of the Gospel is the WORD of God made true in the flesh that began in Galilee after the baptism John preached, “How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.””

Acts 13:23 Of this man’s seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus: 24 When John had first preached BEFORE HIS COMING the baptism of repentance to all the people of Israel.

Acts 10:6 The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all:) 37 That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached; 38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him. 39 And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree: 40 Him God raised up the third day, and shewed him openly; 41 Not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before of God, even to us, who did eat and drink with him after he rose from the dead. 42 And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead. 

“The above is the Gospel, the good news, a man being anointed with God’s Spirit THEN sent to save that which was lost. He is the example of our own anointing, as Jesus promised that we will be baptized with the baptism he was baptized with and that we would drink of the same cup that he drinks of, which it is the One Spirit that we drink of.”

Mark 10:39 And they said unto him, We can. And Jesus said unto them,Ye shall indeed drink of the cup that I drink of; and with the baptism that I am baptized withal shall ye be baptized: 40 But to sit on my right hand and on my left hand is not mine to give; but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared.

1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

“The Gospel is not some divine spirit son coming down from heaven and entering Mary’s womb so that the world could be saved.”

Mark 1:1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus CHRIST (anointed), the Son of God; …10 And straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him: 11 And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon ME, BECAUSE he hath ANOINTED ME TO PREACH the gospel to the poor; he hath SENT ME to heal the brokenhearted, TO preach deliverance to the captives. and recovering of sight to the blind, TO set at liberty them that are bruised, 19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

Matthew 18:11 For the Son of man (anthropos/human being) IS COME TO SAVE  that which was lost.

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Ed J,

I am not roaming all over the place.

I posted a response to what Princess had inaccurately stated.

Then I posted to you directly concerning what we have been talking about.

You are pushing that some translators have incorrectly translated the word GENESIS.

I hate to break it to you but “generations”, “ancestry”, “genealogy”, “family line”, “family history”, not only mean the same thing, but none of them equate to mean “adoption”, just as GENESIS doesn’t equate to “adoption”. 

You are the one changing words to fit your narrative here! 

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Ed J,

I gave a relatively short and certainly very simple post to you, can you respond to it?

Adam is the name of the first HUMAN is it not? When it is then used of Adam’s offspring it doesn’t represent humans? You want to tell me that when a translator uses the word human instead of “man” they are being liars?

Deut 8:3 that he might make thee know that man (adam) doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live.

Matthew 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man (anthropos)shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

If I say humans shall not live on bread alone but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God that makes me a liar Ed J?

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Ed J,

YOU: Why do you roam all over the place? Please stay on track…

“Yes” or “No” ?

ME: As said I said previously to this question “of course”, which would mean a definite yes would it not? 

You then took what I said after saying “of course” and asked another question trying to put in your own words what you thought I was trying to say, asking if that was correct. I responded with a direct answer of NO.

Then you go back to asking me a question I already answered like I hadn’t answered it.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Ed J,

YOU: Why do you roam all over the place? Please stay on track…

“Yes” or “No” ?
    /
    ME: As said I said previously to this question “of course”, which would mean a definite yes would it not?
    /
    You then took what I said after saying “of course” and asked another question trying to put in your own words what you thought I was trying to say, asking if that was correct. I responded with a direct answer of NO.
    /
    Then you go back to asking me a question I already answered like I hadn’t answered it.

Hi Jodi,

You are very observant. Yes I’m trying to put my words to your beliefs.
    ok great! We have to go very slow to keep you on track with my words.

So Jesus was referring to YeHoVaH as his father from birth then, right?

“Yes” or “No” ?

Ed J
    Participant

If I say humans shall not live on bread alone but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God that makes me a liar Ed J?

No

See how simple this is Jodi?

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Ed J,

I gave a relatively short and certainly very simple post to you, can you respond to it?

This is not relatively short nor is it very simple instead you roam all over the place like I say…

Ed J,

Today I would like to first address what you said to Gene, “Have you now joined Jodi in the rant speeches?

I am going to break down for you the last post I gave just prior to you giving the accusation that I give “rant speeches”, with backing up what I said with direct scripture.

“Jesus of Nazareth gave all credit to God because God’s Spirit was upon him. With that Spirit that came upon the man Jesus he was THEN SENT being able to deliver captives. Without that Spirit he could do nothing of himself. Read and believe in Jesus’s words in Luke 4, as it is God’s word of prophecy made true in the flesh.”

WORD of Prophecy,

Isaiah 11:1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots: 2 And the Spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him,

Isaiah 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath SENT ME to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; 2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;

MADE true in the flesh,

Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath SENT ME to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

Matthew 18:11 For the Son of man (anthropos/human being) IS COME to save that which was lost. 12 How think ye? if a man (anthropos) have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray? 13 And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray. 14 Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish.

John 5:19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them,Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

“Jesus said in John 8 that he came from heaven being not of this world, you need to stop denying the fact that Jesus ALSO SAID in John 17 that they were not of this world as he was of this world, and that as they were sent he was likewise sent.”

John 8:23 And he said unto them,Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

John 17:16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. 17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth. 18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

“Jesus was anointed with the Spirit without measure and sent, they were anointed with measure and were sent. Where he and they came from was not of this world, he and they came FROM HEAVEN, down directly from God himself to do His good will and pleasure.

John 3:34 For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.

Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me TO PREACH the gospel to the poor; he hath SENT ME to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives..

Phil 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. 13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. 14 Do all things without murmurings and disputings: 15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

2 Corinthians 1:6 And whether we be afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation, which is effectual in the enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer: or whether we be comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation….9 But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raiseth the dead: …12 For our rejoicing is this, the testimony of our conscience, that in simplicity and godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom, but by the grace of God, we have had our conversation in the world, and more abundantly to you-ward…19 For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, who was preached among you by us, even by me and Silvanus and Timotheus, was not yea and nay, but in him was yea. …21 Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God; 22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

John 6:27 Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.

“Jesus tells you WHEN he was sent but you deny him.”

A man of flesh, JESUS said, “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath SENT ME TO…..”

“God’s word tells you that the savior had not come UNTIL AFTER the baptism John preached. The beginning of the Gospel is the WORD of God made true in the flesh that began in Galilee after the baptism John preached, “How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.””

Acts 13:23 Of this man’s seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus: 24 When John had first preached BEFORE HIS COMING the baptism of repentance to all the people of Israel.

Acts 10:6 The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all:) 37 That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached; 38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him. 39 And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree: 40 Him God raised up the third day, and shewed him openly; 41 Not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before of God, even to us, who did eat and drink with him after he rose from the dead. 42 And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.

“The above is the Gospel, the good news, a man being anointed with God’s Spirit THEN sent to save that which was lost. He is the example of our own anointing, as Jesus promised that we will be baptized with the baptism he was baptized with and that we would drink of the same cup that he drinks of, which it is the One Spirit that we drink of.”

Mark 10:39 And they said unto him, We can. And Jesus said unto them,Ye shall indeed drink of the cup that I drink of; and with the baptism that I am baptized withal shall ye be baptized: 40 But to sit on my right hand and on my left hand is not mine to give; but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared.

1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

“The Gospel is not some divine spirit son coming down from heaven and entering Mary’s womb so that the world could be saved.”

Mark 1:1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus CHRIST (anointed), the Son of God; …10 And straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him: 11 And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon ME, BECAUSE he hath ANOINTED ME TO PREACH the gospel to the poor; he hath SENT ME to heal the brokenhearted, TO preach deliverance to the captives. and recovering of sight to the blind, TO set at liberty them that are bruised, 19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

Matthew 18:11 For the Son of man (anthropos/human being) IS COME TO SAVE that which was lost.

Ed J
    Participant

Take your pick Ed J which translation you PREFER, regardless none of these words EQUATE to adoption, “crazy people would believe this!”

No Jodi,

When you pick whatever translation you prefer, you are changing God’s thoughts to your thoughts.
    And like I said before copyrighted bibles must change 10% of the words in order to get a copyright.
    Plus many of the co-called modern English translations are translated from the corrupt Nestle text.

Understand that is what God means, when he says…

“8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
    9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than
    your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.” (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Ed J,

YOU:

Hi Jodi,

You are very observant. Yes I’m trying to put my words to your beliefs.
    ok great! We have to go very slow to keep you on track with my words.

So Jesus was referring to YeHoVaH as his father from birth then, right?

“Yes” or “No” ?

ME:

I can’t answer a question that is unclear to me.  

In the text Jesus is most certainly not referencing God specifically as “his Father FROM birth”. Upon his mom telling him “behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing“, Jesus says, “And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father’s business?“. See, no mention of Jesus saying God was his Father from birth. 

Your question would be better suited I believe if you said, Because the young Jesus called YHVH his father we can assume then that he must have been his Father from birth, correct?

However this is actually still confusing, as isn’t your argument that Jesus pre-existed as a Son and then that Son came to earth combining with the gamete of Mary so he could also be of the flesh of David? Jesus is called a Son of God, you believe, according to being so prior to coming to earth?

Shouldn’t your question then be, – When Jesus said he was “about my Father’s business” isn’t Jesus by calling God his Father telling us that he pre-existed as God’s Son?

The answer to that question would be a definite NO, the text most certainly teaches no such thing.

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 462 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account