Joseph, Jesus’ father? Crazy people would believe this!

• This topic has 461 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Jodi.
Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 462 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Edj…..I believe “everyone is born a Son of God”  or don’t you believe Jesus, who said,  “call “NO” man on earth you Father, for “ONE” is you Father who is in HEAVEN. 

Seem your the one with the “delima” Edj. 

So was God Jesus’ Father , sure is was even as he is our Father also. Or don’t you also not believe him again when He (Jesus ) said this,  your Father in heaven, knows you have need of these things.  And again Jesus said to pray like this,  “our Father who art in heaven”…..

Again. Who has the “delima” here Edj?

Peace and love to you and yours. ………gene

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Ed J,

Psalms 89:24 But my faithfulness and my mercy shall be with him: and in my name shall his horn be exalted. 25 I will set his hand also in the sea, and his right hand in the rivers. 26 He shall cry unto me, Thou art my father, my God, and the rock of my salvation. 27 Also I will MAKE him my firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth. 28 My mercy will I keep for him for evermore, and my covenant shall stand fast with him. 

1 Chronicles 17:11 And it shall come to pass, when thy days be expired that thou must go to be with thy fathers, that I will raise up thy seed after thee, which shall be of thy sons; and I will establish his kingdom. 12 He shall build me an house, and I will stablish his throne for ever. 13 I will be his father, and he shall be my son: and I will not take my mercy away from him, as I took it from him that was before thee: 14 But I will settle him in mine house and in my kingdom for ever: and his throne shall be established for evermore. 15 According to all these words, and according to all this vision, so did Nathan speak unto David.

God’s covenant with “him”,

Isaiah 42:6 I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles; 7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house. 8 I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images. 9 Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare: BEFORE THEY spring forth I tell you of them. 

Isaiah 45:10 Woe unto him that saith unto his father, What begettest thou? or to the woman, What hast thou brought forth? 11 Thus saith the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, Ask me of things to come concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands command ye me. 12 I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded. 13 I have raised him up in righteousness, and I will direct all his ways: he shall build my city, and he shall let go my captives,

Romans 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. 

Isaiah 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath ANOINTED me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;

Ed J now read again 1 Chronicles 17 “I will settle him in mine house and in my kingdom for ever:”

Ephesians 2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. 19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints, and of the household of God; 20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus CHRIST (ANOINTED) himself being the chief corner stone; 21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: 22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

We are to be conformed to the image of the Son, we are told that we will be Sons of God, we are told that those who are LED by the Spirit of God are the Sons of God, to be conformed to the image of the Son is to be fully led by the Spirit. We are told that we are heirs of God, joint heirs with Christ. 

Jesus inherited God’s Spirit, he was the only begotten of the Spirit, an anointing, filled with grace and truth where the people beheld his glory for all that he did through the Spirit. Through the Spirit God was directing all his ways as a Father, holding his hand and keeping him, so that he would obey God in all things including going to the cross to set us at liberty. He died, but was raised from the dead receiving according to a PROMISE the Holy Spirit, made a firstborn of many brethren, an eternal heir of God’s Spirit, where those who are LED by that Spirit in all things are the eternal Sons of God.

You get it Ed J?

It’s not about what KIND of being you exist as, it’s about whatever kind of being you are you have God’s Spirit dwelling in you without measure, causing you to walk in all of God’s ways.

Come on now, Ezekiel 36 and 37 tell you that we are PROMISED to be resurrected with human flesh with God placing His Spirit upon us causing us to walk in all of God’s ways. You are told that God made man in His own image. You are told that Jesus IS to this day of the seed of David an anthropos/adam/HUMAN BEING who was raised from the dead with his flesh not allowed to see decay given as PROMISED the Holy Spirit, made an eternal heir of God’s Spirit. 

As Paul teaches, in a twinkle of an eye we will be changed, we too will be heirs of God’s Spirit for all eternity, caused to walk in ALL his ways, by God being ALL in ALL. 

Matthew 19:28 And Jesus said unto them,Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration (NEW BIRTH) when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Guess what Ed J, not only will we be changed, not only will we follow Jesus in a NEW BIRTH becoming an eternal heir of God’s Spirit, all creation is to be BORN AGAIN. God is going to change all creatures great and small, animals will no longer be wild. 

Go read Isaiah 11, it is not yet fulfilled!!

A Son of Man, the son of Jesse, is going to return in our Father’s glory, God’s Spirit is upon him where he is going to bring all of creation into a new birth. It is this man who IS the image of the invisible God, the man who shed his blood and was raised from the dead receiving the promised Holy Spirit, made a firstborn overall creation.  

Berean
    Participant

Hi Proclaimer

You

Today in the city of David a Savior has been born to you. He is Christ the Lord! And this will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in swaddling cloths and lying in a manger.”

Me

Good simple verse THAT proves THAT the Son of God WAS Lord before He came in the flesh….

Blessings

Jodi
    Participant

Ed J, in regards to Colossians 1,

It’s rather convenient of you to ignore the context, to ignore the fact that when Paul wrote to the Colossians Jesus had shed his blood, he had been raised from the dead, and he became the Son of Man exalted to God’s right hand “having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost (Acts 2:33).

He was not ignorant that God made man in His own image, that those who are led by God’s Spirit are the Sons of God, and JESUS WAS RESURRECTED A MAN

He was not ignorant that he was the Son of Man that was going to return in our Father’s glory and fulfill Isaiah 11, where all the earth would be born again. 

Paul was not speaking to us as to who Jesus existed before as.

Paul was speaking of who Jesus WAS AT THAT VERY MOMENT, and at that very moment Jesus was the Son of Man sitting at God’s right hand existing in the invisible image of God, being AT THAT MOMENT the firstborn overall creation, the man who had shed his blood and had been raised receiving according to a promise God’s Holy Spirit, said to have been on that day begotten of God. 

12 giving thanks unto the Father, who made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light; 13 who delivered us out of the power of darkness, and translated us into the kingdom of the Son of his love; 14 in whom we have our redemption, the forgiveness of our sins: 15 who IS the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation; 16 for in him were all things created, in the heavens and upon the earth, things visible and things invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers; all things have been created through him, and unto him; 17 and he is before all things, and in him all things consist. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. 19 For it was the good pleasure of the Father that in him should all the fulness dwell; 20 and through him to reconcile all things unto himself, having made peace through the blood of his cross; through him, I say, whether things upon the earth, or things in the heavens. 21 And you, being in time past alienated and enemies in your mind in your evil works, 22 yet now hath he reconciled in the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and without blemish and unreproveable before him:

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Berean and Proclaimer,

Matthew 2:2 Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.

The wise men spoke according to prophecy, as Jesus was NOT “born King”, but prophecy was that he would be a KING

Here is a supporting passage to that prophecy,

1 Chronicles 17:11 And it shall come to pass, when thy days be expired that thou must go to be with thy fathers, that I will raise up thy seed after thee, which shall be of thy sons; and I will establish his kingdom. 12 He shall build me an house, and I will stablish his throne for ever. 13 I will be his father, and he shall be my son: and I will not take my mercy away from him, as I took it from him that was before thee: 14 But I will settle him in mine house and in my kingdom for ever: and his throne shall be established for evermore.

Jodi
    Participant

Acts 13:23 Of this man’s seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus: 24 When John had first preached before his coming the baptism of repentance to all the people of Israel. 

The above passages clearly tells us that the savior Jesus did not come until after the baptism John preached.

Upon the time that John was baptizing Jesus came himself to be baptized where the Spirit came down to abode upon him.

Luke 4:1 And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness, 18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, 19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

There was no savior sent until the Spirit came upon Jesus, an anointing, which the purpose of this anointing was for him to be sent to be a savior. The Spirit coming upon Jesus and him being sent to be a savior go hand in hand, you don’t have one without the other.

This aligns directly to the fact that we are told that the savior did not come until after the baptism John preached. Moreover this aligns with God telling us that He is our savior, as He is our savior through anointing Jesus with His Spirit and then sending him out into the world.

Jodi
    Participant

Here is another point for you,

Prophecy fulfilled,

Acts 3:22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. 23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

Luke 4:18-19 teaches us that the Spirit came upon Jesus, an anointing, for the purpose that he be sent to PREACH.

We are likewise told in John 3:34 For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him. 

Jesus is a man among brethren who is then anointed with God’s Spirit, made into a prophet to speak God’s word in order to save souls. 

Jodi
    Participant

Now recall, the wise men called Jesus, “he that is born king“, was a reference to prophecy, as he was most certainly not born king. He was however, most certainly, he who was born prophesied to be a king, an eternal king, a king of kings.

Luke 2:10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. 11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

Just as, “is born king”, is according to prophecy that would be fulfilled in he who was born.

Likewise,

“Is born… a Savior, which is Christ the Lord”, is according to prophecy that would be fulfilled in he who was born.

As you are told in prophecy the savior to come is based upon the son of Jesse being ANOINTED (CHRIO becoming thus CHRIstOs) to then be sent to be a savior, preaching the word of God that saves, dying on the cross to set men at liberty that saves. 

As you are told, there was no savior that had come until AFTER the baptism John preached. 

Surely it is foolish to think that on the day baby Jesus was born he was born a master. Who exactly, since the day baby Jesus was born, was he a master over? Who was the baby Jesus commanding and who was obeying those commands from the baby Jesus? 

Jesus did not become a master having any authority until after the Spirit came to abode upon him. Then was he able to make commands, speak and have even unclean spirits obey him, thus healing and performing miracles. 

Matthew 1:27 And they were all amazed, insomuch that they questioned among themselves, saying, What thing is this? what new doctrine is this? for with authority commandeth he even the unclean spirits, and they do OBEY him.

carmel
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

YOU: Luke 4:18-19 teaches us that the Spirit

came upon Jesus,

PURE LIES!

Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord

is upon me. (Jodi, We use the present simple when something is generally or always true.)

Jodi, YOU ARE A PREACHER! OF LIES I’M AFRAID,

YOU PREACHED BEFORE, YOU ARE PREACHING NOW, AND YOU WILL PREACH IN THE FUTURE!

JESUS ETERNALLY HAD THE SPIRIT OF GOD.

He  is the Father’s substance Hebrews 1:3

Isaiah 61:1 The spirit of the Lord is upon me,

because the Lord

hath anointed me: (The present perfect tense Jodi

is used to describe
    An action or situation that started in the past and continues in the present. )

he hath sent me

to preach to the meek, to heal the contrite of heart, and to preach a release to the captives, and deliverance to them that are shut up. 

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

Berean
    Participant

And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things.
    [9] Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.

God does not accept, forbids his children to worship creatures (angels and others)

On the other hand, his only son, when, when he is introduced into the world, God says:

And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
    Hebrews 1: 6

Jodi

Jesus is worthy of worship because he is God.

Can You believe simply de THAT ?

The wise m’en of THE Est  understand THAT the king Jesus wa worthy to bé worshiped.

Can You understand ALSO…..

Jodi
    Participant

Berean,

Worship – Proskuneo – to kiss the hand to (towards) one, in token of reverence

There is but one who we give reverence to as our One True God.

There is but one who we give reverence to as our appointed king of kings and master of masters.

Corinthians 8:6 yet to us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we unto him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and we through him.

of – ek,  out of, from, by, away from

through – dia, through (which in the context of this passage is through as in by reason of, or
    on account of)

There is ONE GOD THE FATHER there is no other God. FROM him are all things.

Acts 13:37 But he, whom God raised again, saw no corruption. 38 Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins: 39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

There is one lord Jesus Christ. By reason of this man are all things. 

Berean, our ONE GOD THE FATHER said that He made heaven, earth, and all things ALONE by HIMSELF. He spoke declaring the END from the beginning. He gave His purpose for creation from the beginning, to bring forth righteousness and from the beginning as well His word was that a man would come an execute that purpose. 

God created all things BY REASON OF AND FOR the man Jesus Christ. Without this man nothing would have been made that was made because by him comes justification (to render righteous). 

Where righteousness is there is life, and God promised eternal life before the world began.

The Spirit is righteousness and life.

The man Jesus was anointed with the Spirit and was made perfect learning obedience going to the cross, he could not be held to the penalty of death because no sin was found in him. God raised him up from the dead and gave him the promised Holy Spirit never to return to corruption again.  That Spirit causes righteousness, that Spirit leads you causing you to walk in all of God’s ways making you a Son of God and not worthy of death.

We are promised to be resurrected as Jesus was. God has promised to give us a new heart of flesh and place His Spirit upon us causing us to walk in all of God’s ways. We are JOINT heirs with Christ, heirs of God’s Spirit, where God promises to be ALL IN ALL.

Berean, go read Isaiah’s prophecies, the son of Jesse is anointed with God’s Spirit it’s a CALLING TO RIGHTEOUSNESS and the result is that he is resurrected becoming an eternal heir to God’s Spirit. This son of Jesse is raised from the dead given a portion with the great and appointed to divide this spoil with the strong. This son of Jesse is returning to judge the world in that righteousness that is upon him through the Spirit of God, he is returning to give the faithful the same cup to drink of that he drinks of, the ONE SPIRIT. 

Jodi
    Participant

Berean,

You ignore countless scriptures and then interpret passages incorrectly that then make other passages into lies.

Because Jesus is given reverence does not make him our only One True God.

By you saying that it does you make Jesus and God’s words into lies. 

You are directly told there is but ONE GOD THE FATHER. Jesus tells you that he ascended to his Father and our Father, his God and our God.

READ and BELIEVE BEREAN, 

Isaiah 45:5 I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me: 6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else. 7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. 8 Drop down, ye heavens, from above, and let the skies pour down righteousness: let the earth open, and let them bring forth salvation, and let righteousness spring up together; I the LORD have created it. 9 Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands? 10 Woe unto him that saith unto his father, What begettest thou? or to the woman, What hast thou brought forth? 11 Thus saith the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, Ask me of things to come concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands command ye me. 12 I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded. 13 I have raised him up in righteousness, and I will direct all his ways: he shall build my city, and he shall let go my captives, not for price nor reward, saith the LORD of hosts.

17 But Israel shall be saved in the LORD with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end. 18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else. 19 I have not spoken in secret, in a dark place of the earth: I said not unto the seed of Jacob, Seek ye me in vain: I the LORD speak righteousness, I declare things that are right.

Berean, God is not an author of confusion, contradiction, or LIES. 

He who is raised up in righteousness and has all his ways directed by the LORD, is NOT the LORD.   

He who is raised up in righteousness and has all his ways directed by the LORD for to bring forth righteousness to all, was not in the beginning with the LORD creating all things, the LORD said that He created it ALONE, by HIMSELF. Nothing would have been made that was made without the promise to bring forth righteousness. 

Proclaimer
    Participant

Because Jesus is given reverence does not make him our only One True God.

By you saying that it does you make Jesus and God’s words into lies.

In this particular point Jodi is correct. Scripture is very clear about who the one true God exclusively is.

Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

Even Jesus taught us this truth. And it is eternal life. This is fundamental.

Claiming that the Father is not the only one who is the one true God leads to polytheism.

Berean
    Participant

Jodi

I don’t Say THAT Jésus IS THE onely ONE thruth God BUT being the onely

ONE BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD, HE IS GOD IN THE FLESH

HE HAVE THE SAME NATURE AS GOD

HIS FATHER. OK

IN HEBREWS 1

GOD HIS FATHER SAY

And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

GOD THE FATHER SPEAK ABOUT HIS

SON WHEN HE BECAME FLESH.

let all the angels of God worship him.

Berean
    Participant

And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh. Math.2:11

kai elqonteV eiV thn oikian euron to paidion meta mariaV thV mhtroV autou kai pesonteV prosekunhsan autw kai anoixanteV touV qhsaurouV autwn proshnegkan autw dwra cruson kai libanon kai smurnan

Proclaimer
    Participant

Worship, honor, and being prostrate before someone is not exclusive to God. This is done before God, Jesus, and kings like David for example and even the redeemed.

The Father is worshipped as God, Jesus Christ as the Son of God, and David as the King of Israel.

Then  those who were in the boat worshiped him, saying, “Truly you are the Son of God.”

“Then David said to the whole assembly, “Praise the LORD your God.” So they all praised the LORD, the God of their fathers; they bowed low and fell prostrate before the LORD and the king,”.

I will make those of the synagogue of Satan, who say they are Jews and are not, but lie—indeed I will make them come and worship before your feet, and to know that I have loved you.

Proclaimer
    Participant

And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.…

And this is why?

For  today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Proclaimer……thank God you understand Jesus was and is not God,  now try to come to understand he did not “preexist” his birth on this earth, and you will deffinitly be moving ahead.  

Proclaimer, Jesus is and always was one of us human being, he is a true “second Adam, in every sense of the word,  brought I to existence exactly as Adam was by the direct operation of God the Father, for the very purpose to give us a demonstration of what he had in mind from the start for his whole human creation. He gave us a real ” human child” a perfected human son from “humanity”  to show us all the way to live and gain eternal life. WE MUST GAIN ETERNAL LIFE “EXACTLY” AS HE DID, BY OUR “FAITH IN GOD THE FATHER”. 

Even that “FAITH”  is given us by God the Father so we can even follow Jesus, “for you are saved by “Faith” that not of yourselves , it is a “GIFT” of (from) GOD.  

YOU ARE CLOSE PROCLAIMER.

Peace and love to you and yours………..gene

Berean
    Participant

…all things were created BY(Di) him, and FOR(eiV) him:

THIS IS THE TRUTH

AMEN

THE WORD WAS GOD…..

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Berean,

I hope to hear from you soon regarding that which Isaiah 45 teaches. 

Your not keeping things straight in Hebrew 1 as you do not apply other passages, especially Psalms 2,8, 89 and 1 Chronicles 17.

Psalms 8:1 O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens. 2 Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger. 3 When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; 4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? 5 For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour. 6 Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet:

There is NO SON here Berean that became flesh. What we have is a mortal man who the LORD our Lord was mindful of and visited, and made this Son of Man lower than the angels.

First recall what 1 Chronicles 17 teaches, God would be a Father unto David’s son. God unto this son of David promised to not take his mercy/goodness away from this son of David, unlike He had taken it away from those before him. He also promises to settle him in His house and give him an eternal throne.

Also recall prophecy made true in the flesh, the LORD visits the son of David placing His Spirit upon him without measure, this son of David is a man who the LORD is very mindful of as He sends him out into the world to have him fulfill all of the LORD’S will.

Berean, according to Psalm 8 it is a mortal man, a Son of man who the LORD makes lower than the angels and then crowns with glory and honor.

According to Psalm 8 this man most certainly is not said to pre-exist and create heaven and earth. The LORD that is mindful of this man, is He who made all things by the works of His hands.

According to Psalm 8 a man is made to be given dominion over all the works that the LORD made.

Berean, doesn’t that tell you that the LORD our Lord who does not change, made all things thus by reason of and for the very man He says that He made to have dominion over the works of His hands?

Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 462 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account