Joseph, Jesus’ father? Crazy people would believe this!

• This topic has 461 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Jodi.
Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 462 total)
  • Author
    Berean
    Participant

Jodi

I repeat it

As long as you refuse to believe in the divinity of Christ , you penalize yourself and you deprive yourself of blessings from God.

Jodi
    Participant

Berean, I find it extremely unfortunate that you cannot answer to scripture.

You need to realize that it gives an appearance of a total lack in credibility.

Here is the WORD of God I believe in,

2 Peter 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Romans 1:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. 15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. 16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: 17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. 

Acts 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. 32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

Ezekiel 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

37:12 Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel. 13 And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves, 14 And shall put my Spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified. 

Berean, CAN YOU UNDERSTAND????? And then actually give an appropriate response?????

If we are told that we are to be partakers of the DIVINE NATURE and told that we are to be “conformed to the image of his Son”, and we are told that we are Sons through being led by the Spirit of God, that tells me that Jesus himself is a Son of God because he is led by the Spirit of God.  

If we are told that we are to be partakers of the DIVINE NATURE and are told that the graves will open and God will give us a new heart of flesh and place His Spirit upon us causing us to be LED by His Spirit so to walk in all His ways, therein lies thus the very definition of our divine nature.

If we are told that we are to be glorified together with Christ, and Jesus with his flesh not allowed to see decay was raised from the dead receiving the promised Holy Spirit and we are promised that we will be raised from the dead given a new heart of flesh and receive the Holy Spirit, therein lies the very definition to being glorified together.

If we are told that we are heirs of God and promised to receive His Spirit to then be able to walk in all His ways, that tells me that being an heir of God means that we are inheritors of His Spirit. AND if we are to be joint heirs with Christ and I know he was raised from the dead receiving the PROMISED Holy Spirit, we see how God’s word comes together so perfectly! 

Even more perfect is that we are told that Christ will sit on an eternal throne of his father David ACCORDING to the FLESH where he is a Son of God ACCORDING to the SPIRIT. His DIVINE NATURE is that of a HUMAN who lives in the image of the invisible God, an inheritor eternally of God’s Spirit, and thus is a Son of God being LED fully by God’s Spirit, walking in ALL His ways. 

Berean
    Participant

Jodi

Who was giving THE LIVING WATER to

the God’s propose in the wilderness…?

And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.(1 Cor.10:4)

Berean
    Participant

the God’s people in the wilderness…?

And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.(1 Cor.10:4)

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Berean,

That verse isn’t in Jodi and Gene’s bible…

…but it is in mine!

Ed J
    Participant

They’re actually preaching Joseph is Jesus’ biological father

Edj….Wrong

Gene also writes:
    LU and Berean……Jodi is “exactly” right, Jesus was a direct decedent of King David, through the linage of Joseph

Make up your mind Gene!

Oh, that’s right, I forgot you do not have a “FreeWill” – so you cannot do that ???

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Edj…..how many “direct quotes” from the Bible  do we have to “directly quote” to you people, before you start to believe the very words written in “your own bibles?  You have already proved you people do not “honestly” believe what Jesus said , when he said “” this is eternal life , that they might know “YOU” THE “ONLY” true God…. “.  Now you still refuse to believe again what Jesus “himself ” said, that he was the “root and “offspring ” of King David”, nor do you believe what the book of Mathew says about the geology of Jesus either, who do you think supplies the “male” DNA, from the “loins of King David”.  Why do you think it’s such a hard thing for God to take DNA FROM Joseph and implant it in the womb of Mary, inorder to fulfill the prophesy of a vergin birth, concerning Jesus.  That is a hell of a lot easier for him to do that then , “morphing ” a “preexisting” being, into her body, which you people believe in. O but then again you Edj,  don’t preach it that  way right?, you believe Jesus was half man and half God, whatever that is. 

So let’s see what we have here, Edj, say Jesus was ‘half” man , and “half God”,  Proclaimer believes Jesus prexisted as a whatever, he dosen’t tell us exactly what Jesus “preexisted as, the we have the rest, who preach Jesus was “all God” who decided to become a 100% man and jumped into the womb of Mary And became a man, so he could die for us sinners, O, but again they say he didn’t “really” die, just the morphed flesh did, why? O to make us “think” he  actually died,  when in fact he did not die. Just a “snow job”  to fool us all.  

Now let’s see, we have the Edj’s , “half God half man bunch’,  the Proclaimer’s , “a preexisting”, whatever?, “morphed”into a human body bunch,  and them who say he was a “preexisting ” God who created everything in existence, who also faked a “real” human death experience, who “morphed” himself into a flesh body desquished as a human being, but  in relaity was God . Ò yes let no leave out those JW”S who believe he was a “preexisting “angel”, who was  morphed into a human body, but really a desguised Angel. 

Let’s see now, are there anymore out there? I am sure there are , but how many really believe  Jesus was indeed a “real” human being “exactly like we are., who came into his “only” true existence as a “real”  human child, born  “exactly’ as we  in “every” way, not just in some ways? Having no “prexistence” whatsoever? 

People would rather believe anything but the truth, Heb 7: 11….For it is “evident” that our lord sprang “out of” Juda, …..

So, Tell Jodi and I,  how ““EVIDENT” is that to you people? 

Peace and love to you and. ……….gene

carmel
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

YOU: that tells me that Jesus himself is a Son of God

because he is led by the Spirit of God.  

ME: LIES, LIES, and LIES

Jodi, JESUS IS 

THE SON OF GOD! UNIQUE!

NOT 

A SON OF GOD!

LIKE HUMANS ARE THROUGH 

FAITH IN JESUS AND HIS REDEMPTION PROCESS.

Romans 8:1 THERE is now therefore

no condemnation to THEM

that are in Christ Jesus,

who walk not according to the flesh.

( Jodi, answer please: BY WHAT PROCESS THEY ARE IN CHRIST JESUS, and are not condemned ?)

2For the law of the spirit of life,

in Christ Jesus,

hath DELIVERED me

from the law of sin and of death. 

Jodi, humans deserved nothing, IN FACT, UNAWARE OF IT;

FATHER FORGIVE THEM FOR THEY NO NOT WHAT THEY DO!

It was GOD’S CHARITY in Jesus, THE SON OF GOD, ETERNALLY WITH THE FATHER, and his love for humans, THAT ACHIEVED IT ALL.

When we least expected it, when we least deserved it…  when we were not “worth it” by any earthly standard… that is the very time when Christ made the greatest sacrifice and showed the most powerful act of love in all of history.

NOW READ:

3For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh;

God sending his own Son,

in the likeness of sinful flesh and of sin, hath condemned sin in the flesh;

Ok, Jodi, Jesus IS/WAS 

THE SON OF GOD, BEFORE THE WORLD WAS!

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

carmel
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

Romans 1:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God,

ME; Jodi,  HOW ARE THESE MANY LED BY THE SPIRIT OF GOD?

SIMPLE:

THROUGH FAITH IN JESUS  AS THE ONLY BEGOTTEN

SON OF GOD

AND HIS REDEMPTION PROCESS, BY WHICH FAITH

they are the sons of God.

15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear;

but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, 

AGAIN THROUGH FAITH IN JESUS AS

THE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD,

AND HIS REDEMPTION PROCESS.

whereby we cry, Abba, Father.( JESUS CHRIST)

16 The Spirit( OF JESUS CHRIST, IN THE HOLY GHOST ON BAPTISM) itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: 17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ;

if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. 

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Berean,

YOU:

the God’s people in the wilderness…?

And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.(1 Cor.10:4)

ME:

So we know the Israelites in the wilderness became very thirsty having no water and complained to Moses asking if they were brought out of Egypt to just be killed. Moses turned to YHVH asking Him what should be done and YHVH instructed Moses to take the rod that he’d performed previous miracles with, and strike a ROCK with it so WATER would then flow from the ROCK for them to DRINK. 

Now you certainly are not going to tell me that Moses struck Christ with his rod, now are you? You aren’t going to tell me that after Christ was struck with a rod by Moses a spiritual drink came out of Christ, now are you?

So please tell me what Paul meant by what he said in 1 Corinthians 10:4?

Also, please be aware that I am not ignorant to the fact that the Israelites sinned repeatedly against YHVH after DRINKING THAT WHICH CAME OUT OF THIS ROCK. 

Ed J
    Participant

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son,
    that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he
    also called:and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Hi Jodi,

Everyone here at H-net believes this verse as it is written, with the exception of
    maybe you; and possibly Gene too. Here is what you both would like it to say…

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate first to be conformed to the image of his Son,
    that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he
    also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Note: the biblical wording: only begotten son – Jesus was born God’s image!
    That is because Jesus was BORN, BORN, BORN the image of God (Colossians 1:15)

Also Note: the word “FIRST” isn’t in the text, NOR IS IT IMPLIED! Stop adding to God’s word!

Ed J
    Participant

Edj…..how many “direct quotes” from the Bible do we have to “directly quote” to you people,
    before you start to believe the very words written in “your own bibles?

Hi Gene,

If you want we can go through each one – ONE AT A TIME!
    Why don’t you start by addressing my (last) post to Jodi.

Ed J
    Participant

Edj…..how many “direct quotes” from the Bible  do we have to “directly quote” to you people, before you start to believe the very words written in “your own bibles?  You have already proved you people do not “honestly” believe what Jesus said , when he said “” this is eternal life , that they might know “YOU” THE “ONLY” true God…. “.  Now you still refuse to believe again what Jesus “himself ” said, that he was the “root and “offspring ” of King David”, nor do you believe what the book of Mathew says about the geology of Jesus either, who do you think supplies the “male” DNA, from the “loins of King David”.  Why do you think it’s such a hard thing for God to take DNA FROM Joseph and implant it in the womb of Mary, inorder to fulfill the prophesy of a vergin birth, concerning Jesus.  That is a hell of a lot easier for him to do that then , “morphing ” a “preexisting” being, into her body, which you people believe in. O but then again you Edj,  don’t preach it that  way right?, you believe Jesus was half man and half God, whatever that is.
    /
    So let’s see what we have here, Edj, say Jesus was ‘half” man , and “half God”,  Proclaimer believes Jesus prexisted as a whatever, he dosen’t tell us exactly what Jesus “preexisted as, the we have the rest, who preach Jesus was “all God” who decided to become a 100% man and jumped into the womb of Mary And became a man, so he could die for us sinners, O, but again they say he didn’t “really” die, just the morphed flesh did, why? O to make us “think” he  actually died,  when in fact he did not die. Just a “snow job”  to fool us all.
    /
    Now let’s see, we have the Edj’s , “half God half man bunch’,  the Proclaimer’s , “a preexisting”, whatever?, “morphed”into a human body bunch,  and them who say he was a “preexisting ” God who created everything in existence, who also faked a “real” human death experience, who “morphed” himself into a flesh body desquished as a human being, but  in relaity was God . Ò yes let no leave out those JW”S who believe he was a “preexisting “angel”, who was  morphed into a human body, but really a desguised Angel.

Gene, you say a bunch of garbage…

By saying all this – don’t you believe Jesus was: born “The Son of God” ? Y/n questions
    keep it simple Gene, so “Will You” please simply answer the following question…

Do you not believe Jesus was: born “The Son of God” ?

“Yes” or “No” ?

Note: “Will You” implies “FREE WILL” !

Peace and love to you and yours..……….Ed J

Proclaimer
    Participant

Even this one verse wipes away the false teaching that some teach here.

Today in the city of David a Savior has been born to you. He is Christ the Lord! And this will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in swaddling cloths and lying in a manger.”

All the more damning when you add in the dozens of other scriptures.

No excuse. You either believe or you do not believe. Why pretend to be a believer when you do not believe in who he is.

Ed J
    Participant

Even this one verse wipes away the false teaching that some teach here.

Today in the city of David a Savior has been born to you. He is Christ the Lord!
    12And this will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in swaddling cloths and lying in a manger.”

Hi T8,

Actually that verse alone doesn’t, and this is the reason why:
    They look at that verse through the lens of this verse…
    Note: we all agree the word “YET” is implied

“calleth those things which be not (yet) as though they were” (Romans 4:17)

It therefore takes other verses as well, like tying the fulfillment
    of that prophecy to the prophecy itself given in Micah 5:2…

“But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah,
    yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel;
    whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.” (Micah 5:2)

Micah 5:2 put them in a pickle.

Because who’s goings forth (Christ) that have been from of old, from everlasting,
    came into being in Bethlehem, not the Jordan river as Jodi and Gene proclaim.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Where does it say ‘yet’ in that verse? It says ‘today’ and ‘he IS Christ the Lord”.

They argue like Nick that Jesus was an ordinary man who had the best resume among men. So God chose this random man. Then this random man called Jesus became the Christ when he was baptized.

But scripture says that God sent his son into the world to save the world. And when he was born he was the Christ. And that he was obedient and was baptized while John knew that he was not worthy to baptize him.

Unless they can successfully argue that every translation is wrong, then they do not have a leg to stand on.

Ed J
    Participant

Where does it say ‘yet’ in that verse? It says ‘today’ and ‘he IS Christ the Lord”.

Hi T8,

I didn’t say the word “YET” was implied in that verse, I said it was implied in this verse….

calleth those things which be not (yet) as though they were” (Romans 4:17)

And the reason it is implied (in ROMANS 4:17) is obvious:

Because God is not calling things that will never be “as though they were” . Therefore
    the word “YET” is implied. And that is what Jodi and Gene are doing to the verse you cite.

To see what I’m saying look at Post #866152, in it: I showed that must be arguing the word “FIRST” is implied;
    otherwise they CANNOT get to the meaning they are trying to push on us. I hope you understand what I’m saying.

Ed J
    Participant

(1) Where does it say ‘yet’ in that verse? It says ‘today’ and ‘he IS Christ the Lord”.

(2) They argue like Nick that Jesus was an ordinary man who had the best resume among men. So God chose this random man. Then this random man called Jesus became the Christ when he was baptized.

(3) But scripture says that God sent his son into the world to save the world. And when he was born he was the Christ. And that he was obedient and was baptized while John knew that he was not worthy to baptize him.

(4) Unless they can successfully argue that every translation is wrong, then they do not have a leg to stand on.

Hi T8,

1) It doesn’t. But they are apparently arguing that the word “YET” is implied,
    like it clearly is in Romans 4:17, or at the very least the meaning of “YET”.

2a) Agreed: that indeed appears to be what Jodi and Gene are pushing as well.

2b) Nick Hassan was quite a bit clearer in spelling it out. Gene’s vagueness
    allows him to shift his position. Like I clearly point out in this thread!

in this Gene is exposed to be in quite a quagmire:
    on one foot He says Joseph is Jesus’ biological father,
    and on the other foot he says he isn’t. Shifty to say the least!

3) We are in full agreement here!

4) I believe that I have successfully explained how they ARE trying to at least stand on one leg.

Note: I said foot instead of hand for purposes of connectiveness

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Edj….God was not trying to demonstrate who a already perfect person “morphed ‘into a human body could walk perfectly and without sin to us. Why would he even think to do that? He was taking a ‘prophesied” real human being that was to come into  his “only” true existence from among mankind, “exactly as Moses and the other Prophets said. A REAL 100% HUMAN BEING IN “EVERY WAY” “EXACTLY AS WE ARE IN “EVERY WAY” and given him His “holy spirit’ and guide him in “everything” he did, to demonstrate  to us all how He could perfect us all, exactly as he did the “man” Jesus. Jesus is our “true” example of what God the Father has in mind for us all who have his Spirit in them.

All who move JESUS away from there own exact likeness are doing the very work of Satan 2ths2.

Peace and love to you and yours. ………gene

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Ed J,

YOU:

Hi Jodi,

Everyone here at H-net believes this verse as it is written, with the exception of
    maybe you; and possibly Gene too. Here is what you both would like it to say…

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate first to be conformed to the image of his Son,
    also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
    Note: the biblical wording: “only begotten son“ – Jesus was born God’s image!
    That is because Jesus was BORN, BORN, BORN the image of God (Colossians 1:15)

Also Note: the word “FIRST” isn’t in the text, NOR IS IT IMPLIED! Stop adding to God’s word!

ME: I don’t change anything to verse 29. Your idea of how you think I see the verse is wrong. I don’t add at all “first”, that doesn’t even make a lick of sense, lol.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

God foreknew as He decided beforehand, the people who would be conformed to the image of His Son.

God foreknew that His Son would be a firstborn among many brethren.

Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 462 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account